• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Guevara

Dumb Sunbros covenant question:

On NG+
can I level the covenant again and get another Sunsword and another Sunlight Spear?
Because that would be really nice.

In dark souls ceaseless discharge can be killed in one hit or there's the iron golem which Tarkus beats the crap out of by himself. There not the same though really.

I think making the Iron Golem fall off the edge counts. Only takes a few swipes at his ankles to make him topple.

LiK

Once I'm done mopping up NG with my second character. Guess I'll need do a speedrun through NG+. I guess I'll go nuts with Faith.

In dark souls ceaseless discharge can be killed in one hit or there's the iron golem which Tarkus beats the crap out of by himself. There not the same though really.

You could bait Ceaseless Discharge to mope around his area and eventually fall of an unseen cliff in the lava pit he was in. It was a bit tough to pull off, though, from what I remember.

Anyone know why im not seeing any summons in the dragon shrine?? NG. SL143. SM around 4mil(did a lot of coop and invading)

The run up to the
ancient dragon
and then actually getting there to be shmacked is such a drag by yourself and being a melee build lol

GulAtiCa

Anyone know why im not seeing any summons in the dragon shrine?? NG. SL143. SM around 4mil(did a lot of coop and invading)

The run up to the
ancient dragon
and then actually getting there to be shmacked is such a drag by yourself and being a melee build lol

You probably have too much SM currently. I'd also imagine that, that place of all places is less popular since it's usually better do deal with boss on your own. So that likely hurts it too.

LiK

The run up to the
ancient dragon

Try logging out and back in if you don't see any summons pop up after 1-2 minutes. Should work after a bit.

You probably have too much SM currently. I'd also imagine that, that place of all places is less popular since it's usually better do deal with boss on your own. So that likely hurts it too.

This is what m fearing. Damn I hate soul memory. Helping out with the pursuer so many times in the beginning and just loving to mess people's day up invading them has really screwed me I feel.

Try logging out and back in if you don't see any summons pop up after 1-2 minutes. Should work after a bit.

Gonna try this hopefully I get lucky and find someone that can one shot everything here haha

Sullichin

The run up to the
ancient dragon

This is the worst boss in the series to try to coop. It's worse when you're a phantom though because it's just a waste of time. The host will die almost every time. You're just making the fight harder because you'll do less damage and make his attacks less predictable, and he'll kill you in one shot.

Guevara

I got crazy back-to-back-to-back summons at Dragon Shrine right up until about 4M soul memory.

Then I started getting weirdos who were really bad at the game and did stupid stuff.

Then I stopped getting summoned at all.

Leezard

I have like 11 million soul memory and I'm walking around with nearly 3 million souls at all times right now. It's silly that the SM works like it does.

This is the worst boss in the series to try to coop. It's worse when you're a phantom though because it's just a waste of time. The host will die almost every time. You're just making the fight harder because you'll do less damage and make his attacks less predictable, and he'll kill you in one shot.

Hmm ill keep trying solo then thanks for the advice!

Guevara

If you host at Ancient Dragon your only job is to survive. Let the summons do damage and/or bait easy attacks. I've participated in some pretty awesome co-op here.

GulAtiCa

If you are host in co-op with A.D. It's your job to survive and stay alive. YOU HAVE ONE JOB! :p

I've done a few co-ops in NG++ with A.D. where we've were able to take him down with 3 people.

LiK

I just watched a video on how to easily beat AD solo. Guess I'll do that.

Btw, I found the regular Gold Serp ring last night. The location was so precarious, better off just getting the +1 from the merchant lol

ElFly

Btw, I found the regular Gold Serp ring last night. The location was so precarious, better off just getting the +1 from the merchant lol

I like how one of the Company of Champion rewards is the FIRST dragon ring.

Fuck your rewards.

zma1013

I found the dragon to be easier by myself than with other people because when you have others, it's hard to predict what he's going to do and who he's targeting whereas if it's just you, you always know he's coming after you. Also, the best strategy I found for him was
to stand in front of him an bait his forward dragon breath and the run up an slap him on the front foot. I beat him the very first time using the strategy. For the entire battle, all he did was forward breath---->flying AOE breath---->forward breath---->flying AOE breath. He did that exact same thing over and over. When you see his wings flap, he is going to do the flying AOE breath, just run AS SOON as you see his wings flap and do not stop running away for anything. His forward breath is easily sidestepped, that's when you attack his foot.

Am I a douchebag for refusing to bow to/with an invader?

Nope. You're only a douche if you don't bow back (or at least do some gesture, bow is arbitrary) to a host or phantom who bows.

Best gestures:

1. Righty-ho!
2. Warmup
3. Have mercy!

99. Decapitate

I love decapitate as a pre-fight gesture, be it at the fog gate, when I first see an invader, or as a boss fight starts (coolest of the three, imo). Gets no love from me as a post-fight gesture though, I'd agree with you there.

Link? I too have no shame.

Arcayne

PVP question: How does a dark infused + resonant weapon katana do against heavy armored players? Does it ignores poise? Rolling with a mundane dual avelyn build backed with my trusty Claymore, and while it works out 95% of the time, I would like a more serious build sometime soon. The novelty of trolling someone surprisingly wears off fast, lol. At the moment, only katana users are giving me a hard time. That dang phantom range!

ElFly

I only care about Belfry and fuck bowing there. The only point of Belfry is running to ring the bell.

That said, what does ringing the bell in Belfry Sol do?

One time I was summoned to stop a filthy invader in Luna, and I went down the stairs only to find the host standing on the bridge before the door. I waved and then went and closed the door. I saw him waving back as I was closing.

Then I got the message that another ghost had come to help stop the host. I went to get him and gestured him to come down. Showed him the closed door and then we opened the door and double teamed the host.

The worst gesture is Prostration. I loved it at first because of how different it was from past games, but seeing people use it in various contexts over time, it just never says anything concrete and just looks weird.

edit: thanks, LiK.

LiK

He really is so much easier to do solo. After trying to co-op him almost a dozen times it only took me like 3 times to beat him solo. Naked hit and run tactics always doing the same thing he isn't that hard, just a lot of HP. He's not hard that is once you've figured him out. Before that what a pain.

Yea, I tried coop. It's a big mess. I bet FROM knew people would want to coop and that made it worst lol

SoldnerKei

"This one's me" is the one I use the most, after giving the final hit to a boss or whenver I win with almost full hp in pvp, is just too silly

Scher

Personally I think the runs without the
Shrine of Winter
skip are much more impressive.

Current record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUoxeAqjq70

This makes me really want to get back into speedrunning. I had a lot of fun speedrunning Demon's Souls and still like to go back for a run every now and then. I never really got into speedrunning Dark Souls since I got that game so much later, but I guess I could always start learning the route for Dark Soul 2.

GulAtiCa

I use "mock" after winning if the person invaded me or dueling a duel did something stupid or annoying like. Else I like to polite and use "goodbye" gesture or do nothing.

I like saying hi to my invaders when I see them. Always nice to get a wave back.

Arcayne

Been loving the "I don't bite" gesture post pvp match. "Mock" if the person died easily. "Bow" if the match was reaaal good. "Hello Carving" if the person fell off a bridge or cliff and died. I don't know if they actually hear the "Hellooooooooo," but it tickles me funny if they do.

ElFly

"This one's me" is the one I use the most, after giving the final hit to a boss or whenver I win with almost full hp in pvp, is just too silly

I point at people after beating a boss in co-op, saying "you the man!".

One time a dude did "this one is me!" in response.

zma1013

The best is to have one person doing the "Please have mercy on me" one and the other doing the "Welcome" one and if you get the timing right, it looks very suggestive, like something naughty is happening.

I have a question on the Sunbro convenant, it seems that the rewards are pretty weak. I have picked up the sun sword and parma shield. Is there something incredible about these weapons that I don't know about? The only thing that keeps me in the clan are my fellow sunbros and general jolly cooperation (and the fact that my character looks glorious as a golden phantom)

Top Bottom