• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Does anyone else find the buttons in this game completely unresponsive at time?

If you have your Chime/Staff selected and you want to switch back to your shield sometimes it just won't do it at all, or it's heavily delayed, at least in my experience.

It gets me killed so much.

Guevara

I have a question on the Sunbro convenant, it seems that the rewards are pretty weak. I have picked up the sun sword and parma shield. Is there something incredible about these weapons that I don't know about? The only thing that keeps me in the clan are my fellow sunbros and general jolly cooperation (and the fact that my character looks glorious as a golden phantom)

Sword sword is arguably a great weapon for a quality build. That and a mace got me through all of NG. At +10 it scales A with DEX and STR.

Sunlight Spear is great* if you have the Faith requirement and use some spice to bring it down. But honestly I use Great Lightning Spears more often. Plenty of power and you get more uses.

If you have your Chime/Staff selected and you want to switch back to your shield sometimes it just won't do it at all, or it's heavily delayed, at least in my experience.

The whole game feels like it has an overlay of lag and unresponsiveness.

LiK

Sword sword is arguably a great weapon for a quality build. That and a mace got me through all of NG. At +10 it scales A with DEX and STR.

Sunlight Spear is great* if you have the Faith requirement and use some spice to bring it down. But honestly I use Great Lightning Spears more often. Plenty of power and you get more uses.

I have 3 scrolls. I'm tossing great lightning spears all day lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Yea, I tried coop. It's a big mess. I bet FROM knew people would want to coop and that made it worst lol
This is a good spot to get a lot of souls doing coop without beating the boss too. Just put the summon sign at the bonfire and work yourself up to the boss. Use the "extra souls +2" ring (i dont remember the name of that ring) to get more souls as well. It depends on which NG+ level the host is on though, but if he/she is at a higher NG+, its possible to get like 5k-7k souls from some of the knights. It really adds up after a while. I think it is the best/fastest place to get souls in co-op without making the boss fight.

LiK

This is a good spot to get a lot of souls doing coop without beating the boss too. Just put the summon sign at the bonfire and work yourself up to the boss. Use the "extra souls +2" ring (i dont remember the name of that ring) to get more souls as well. It depends on which NG+ level the host is on though, but if he/she is at a higher NG+, its possible to get like 5k-7k souls from some of the knights. It really adds up after a while. I think it is the best/fastest place to get souls in co-op without making the boss fight.

Yea, My fave coop farming spot is the Aegis Knight one. It's a great hot spot cuz of all the enemies beforehand. I tend to leave a summon sign there.

Woah, had no idea the scaling got that high. Does it scale with faith at all? Upgrade with twinkling titanite? I might have to start pumping some time into upgrading this one when I get home from work.

Do you ever get overpowered(too strong) in this game? Like, is that possible?

Second Question. Should I get this for PS3 or wait for PC?

Guevara

Woah, had no idea the scaling got that high. Does it scale with faith at all? Upgrade with twinkling titanite? I might have to start pumping some time into upgrading this one when I get home from work.
No scaling with Faith, regular titanite upgrade path.

It's a great weapon. On NG+ I'm using a Greatsword but I still keep the Sunsword handy for narrow hallways, etc.

You can definitely get overpowered where taking down bosses and areas is a ton easier, but of course, this is a souls came, so if you get too sloppy or greedy, a boss, or a pit, or a mob of weak enemies will still fuck you up, even if you do have 10 more points into vigor

It's a slightly different mechanic, ultimately. You cannot pre-load and chain moves together as easily, if at all. If you're having consistent trouble with it you're probably just being stubborn, trying to play it like it was DS or DkS even though you're already aware it's not quite the same. I know I've done the same thing quite a bit.

zma1013

At this point why not wait for the PC version? It's obviously going to look and run better. If you have no need to play it now and have no attachment to the PS3 or trophies or anything like that, just wait.

Sephzilla

So... I've beaten the game once and I am working on a second character. I can safely say that this is my least favorite Souls game....... but I cant stop putting it down!

LiK

So... I've beaten the game once and I am working on a second character. I can safely say that this is my least favorite Souls game....... but I cant stop putting it down!

It doesn't quite have the atmosphere and lore potential that I enjoyed as much in the previous games but it's definitely fun and addictive.

I'm sure it's possible but I lean towards no, actually - if only in the sense that farming is limited and the vast majority of weapons are plenty weak enough to keep things interesting, even at +10.

While I will stick up for the PS3 version if given the chance (looks way better than the shit people talk, and runs mostly pretty okay), I can't imagine why you wouldn't wait for PC if you've waited this long already.

Guevara

Yeah it's funny. I have a bunch of criticisms for this game.... but I also put 100 hours into so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
PM the numbers to fix later today

89pmf.png

I am redeemed

Sephzilla

It doesn't quite have the atmosphere and lore potential that I enjoyed as much in the previous games but it's definitely fun and addictive.

Yeah it's funny. I have a bunch of criticisms for this game.... but I also put 100 hours into so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think what helps Dark Souls 2 is that it starts off kind of slow and rough but progressively gets better until the end. Dark Souls 1's one big issue is that after Anor Londo the game feels like a drag.

LiK

I think what helps Dark Souls 2 is that it starts off kind of slow and rough but progressively gets better until the end. Dark Souls 1's one big issue is that after Anor Londo the game feels like a drag.

I think the smaller areas in DS2 definitely helps. Lost Izalith was a chore and the enemies weren't that fun to fight.

GulAtiCa

I didn't expect to post so much. I didn't even post until much later. But hey, I'm totally sucked in and need to discuss it! XD
me too. I expected to be in the top 10 of who posted most, but not #2. heh

Oh, but you still have only one copy of that miracle, right?

I did not know attunement gave you more uses.
Yep. The more Att you have, the more spell uses you have. Kinda how at a certain number will give you # spell slots, a certain number stat lv will give you # base spell uses. Like 94 being last one for max base spell uses.
Example: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Stats#.U018r_ldWSo

the only gesture that matters is warcry
useful for every situation

So True. When your buddie dies it has a "NOOO" implication. When you beat a boss it can be used as a "Glory" type pose. And its just funny when everyone is fucking around and spamming it.

My most used gestures are Righty-ho, Welcome, Pumped Up and No Way.

I do miss point down and look skyward from the first game though. Those were perfect!

Sephzilla

I think the smaller areas in DS2 definitely helps. Lost Izalith was a chore and the enemies weren't that fun to fight.

Lost Izalith is probably my second favorite post-Lordsvessel world behind New Londo (i know, technically you can do that almost whenever).

Mr Git

I don't know if they actually hear the "Hellooooooooo," but it tickles me funny if they do.

They do hear it, someone threw a "Thank you" down after they killed me in a brilliant duel and it made me feel all fuzzy inside. "Hello" has become one of my new favourite ways to break my Chameleon disguise.

demidar

I use No Way when I kill an invader, ratbro or multiple bellbros. But most of the time I use the Very Good and I'm Sorry wood carvings.

ttocs

I need some advice on my build.

I started with a Knight early and built my str up to 30, Dex to 20, Vit, End, and the other one up top to 20-23. I was pure melee all the time.

I'm realizing that I'm having a really hard time with bosses now without ranged attacks so I pumped up Faith to 20 and opened up 3 attunement slots. I have been using a ton of the lightning bolt spells that is a miracle. This works well but I have a TON of sorceries.

What do you guys recommend for a well rounded build? Sorceries or Miracle? I'm mainly looking to supplement damage and to make bosses easier.

Anyone make a melee/magic build that can offer some advice?

Darksheik

Guys, which is the best place to find twinkling titanites? In NG+ can they be bought somewhere? I'd like to upgrade a lot of stuff but I have very few of them...

Arjen

Guys, which is the best place to find twinkling titanites? In NG+ can they be bought somewhere? I'd like to upgrade a lot of stuff but I have very few of them...

Farm Shrine of Amana, or track down all the Crystal lizards in Dragon Aerie.

LiK

I need some advice on my build.

I started with a Knight early and built my str up to 30, Dex to 20, Vit, End, and the other one up top to 20-23. I was pure melee all the time.

I'm realizing that I'm having a really hard time with bosses now without ranged attacks so I pumped up Faith to 20 and opened up 3 attunement slots. I have been using a ton of the lightning bolt spells that is a miracle. This works well but I have a TON of sorceries.

What do you guys recommend for a well rounded build? Sorceries or Miracle? I'm mainly looking to supplement damage and to make bosses easier.

Anyone make a melee/magic build that can offer some advice?

Tried Pyro? Pretty good for Melee builds.

I could also use some recommendations for a good armor set. First playthrough, currently at aldia's keep, 115 SL. I have been pooring titanite into my Alva set, which I love the looks of and it is just a great all around set thats very lightweight for its stats. Reinforced to +7 for each piece.

Anything offer similar weight but higher stats/scaling after upgrades? My adaptability is around 16, and I would prefer now to be loaded over 70% obviously.

Top Bottom