• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

8UDFH.gif

ibrvWgIuLwLagI.gif

RedSwirl

As I expected, rolling into Huntsman's Corpse for the first time at soul level 120 made it almost feel like a regular AAA action game. Only boss I beat in one shot without summoning. Atmospherically though it might be my favorite area so far. Next area looks cool too.

I'm just glad to finally have reliable access to normal Titanite. Just upgraded my main weapon to +10 because of all the chunks I had waiting to be used because I had no normal shards.

Definitely should have come here earlier.

zkylon

zkylewd
and ng+ smelter demon is dead

it's way way way easier with lucatiel, but i want her set too badly to make this a fair fight

we'll cross swords again in ng++, this time will be real mano a mano

Booshka

Earthean Peak went down surprisingly quickly. What should I expect from Iron Keep (SL 122)?

If you have Strike weapons upgraded well, then you will breeze through it. Slash weapons have a rough time there. You are overleveled for a good bit though, so nothing should be terribly challenging.

Aurongel

If you enjoyed yourself, who cares?

I'm asking because all I've done in my entire (blind!) playthrough is upgrade one of the very first few swords in the game and I literally won't touch any others because of their comparably lower DPS and speed. I've never played a Souls game before so I didn't really know what to expect in terms of loot/equipment so I just upgraded my first sword and never really went back. Same thing for my large leather shield too, still rocking that after getting it in the first 4 hours.

I feel like i'm missing something.

zkylon

zkylewd
you should be ok, moveset is number one. damage usually isn't such a huge factor

also upgrade items are super abundant in this game compared to the old souls games so don't feel too bad about dumping stones on something you might abandon later

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
^ Unless it's twinkling or petrified dragon bone... but normal titanite is plentiful.

Has anyone ever gotten multiple drops from a single enemy? I can't remember that ever happening to me.

Yup, stacking item discovery I once got twinkling + archdrake gear from those Archdrakes in Shrine of Amana.

maomaoIYP

I'm asking because all I've done in my entire (blind!) playthrough is upgrade one of the very first few swords in the game and I literally won't touch any others because of their comparably lower DPS and speed. I've never played a Souls game before so I didn't really know what to expect in terms of loot/equipment so I just upgraded my first sword and never really went back. Same thing for my large leather shield too, still rocking that after getting it in the first 4 hours.

I feel like i'm missing something.

Oh, moveset is everything man, and almost every weapon is viable. If you like the way it moves and the way it looks, upgrade it and never look back. Upgrading material becomes quite plentiful towards the end, so there's no need to worry too much about upgrading other stuff as long as you can afford it.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Dual Rapiers, Ring of Blades and the
Old Leo Ring
, does insane amount of damage.

I wonder when it will fail.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but have you guys seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVrlwnYkRMI

Basically, at 60FPS weapons degrade twice as fast, and enemy animations play twice as quickly (making dodging and criticals harder).

Yikes, this "bug" is more deeply entrenched than previously understood. I love From and Souls games, but this is very poor programming. I hope they are taking a good look at this and understanding how to fix it. I have no idea on the scope of the fix for this, but it may be too big to tackle without a serious rewrite of the engine.

Minamu

Yikes, this "bug" is more deeply entrenched than previously understood. I love From and Souls games, but this is very poor programming. I hope they are taking a good look at this and understanding how to fix it. I have no idea on the scope of the fix for this, but it may be too big to tackle without a serious rewrite of the engine.
It's funny because binding game speed, movement and animations to frame rate is like one of the first lessons you learn NOT to do when programming 2D games xD As an outside newbie programmer, the fix seems rather simple, just add a deltatime check to these issues, but who knows just how extensively game engine code can be changed :/

UrbanRats

Wickfut, in case you're reading this: Why did you remove/remove the Lens Flare effects from your latest ENB? :(

Then:
ibavzgqnWendA2.jpg

Now:
iQbXVCUfcDX0c.jpg

As a SunBro, i considered being blinded by my summon sign a feature! (same goes for bonfires, torches, and other light sources, though).

On the other hand, i like the less intense DoF, i wish i knew how to mix the two. :p

garath

^^ Skipping the entire No Man's Wharf thanks to an arrow to the ship bell was an amazing discovery I've never seen before.

Yeah. My jaw pretty much dropped. I was like "why is he bothering with a bow? Taking the time to equip it?" Then saw him do that. Wow.

The first time I saw speed runners parry and ballista the pursuer ranks up there too. And watching the dragonrider go down the hole was an "ah ha" moment for me too lol. I pretty much fought all the bosses straight up (except the Sentinels. I cheesed the hell out of that). Didn't even know you could do this stuff.

UrbanRats

What's that set on the left Chief? It's puuuuuurdy!

Velstadt's legs and torso with engraved gauntlets not sure about the head.

The head is Navlaan's set.

Yup.

Cletus:
Chaos hood.
Velstadt Torso.
Velstadt Legs.
Engraved Gauntlets.
DrakeKeeper Greatshield.
Mastodon Greatsword (though i'm looking to main the Demon Great Hammer, as soon as i get 5 more Twinklings)

Irene:
Mirror Knight helm.
Judgment robes.
Judgment gloves.
Throne Watcher legs.
King's shield.
Throne Defender's Greatsword.

mikeybass

Neo Member
Yup.

Cletus:
Chaos hood.
Velstadt Torso.
Velstadt Legs.
Engraved Gauntlets.
DrakeKeeper Greatshield.
Mastodon Greatsword (though i'm looking to main the Demon Great Hammer, as soon as i get 5 more Twinklings)

Irene:
Mirror Knight helm.
Judgment robes.
Judgment gloves.
Throne Watcher legs.
King's shield.
Throne Defender's Greatsword.

Thanks to all for the replies.

UrbanRats - You've won Fashion Souls for today

maomaoIYP

I've taken it upon myself to make the The Gutter infinitely more scary by invading people there.
edit: It's also very hard for invaders and sentinels to make it back to the 1st bonfire from the 2nd half of the stage. Not to mention how easy it is to simply hide from them in the dark.
edit2:.....annnnnd the sentinel that was looking for me as I typed this post just dropped to his death. LOL

Mistel

Banned
I've taken it upon myself to make the The Gutter infinitely more scary by invading people there.
edit: It's also very hard for invaders and sentinels to make it back to the 1st bonfire from the 2nd half of the stage. Not to mention how easy it is to simply hide from them in the dark.
edit2:.....annnnnd the sentinel that was looking for me as I typed this post just dropped to his death. LOL
Shame there is no ring of fog in this one. I suppose you could chameleon and hide as they rush round trying to find you. It's just not the same though.

maomaoIYP

Shame there is no ring of fog in this one. I suppose you could chameleon and hide as they rush round trying to find you. It's just not the same though.

Yeah that was exactly what I just did. I was standing 5 meters away from the 1st bonfire hiding in plain sight as an acid tank and the sentinel couldn't see me even though he was on the direct connecting platform.

NEO0MJ

So, is there any way to easily transfer weapons between accounts?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but have you guys seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVrlwnYkRMI

Basically, at 60FPS weapons degrade twice as fast, and enemy animations play twice as quickly (making dodging and criticals harder).

I had a feeling there was something wrong with how fast weapons degraded in the PC version compared to the PS3 version. Was wondering what other things went wrong because of 60 FPS,

wickfut

Banned
Wickfut, in case you're reading this: Why did you remove/remove the Lens Flare effects from your latest ENB? :(

As a SunBro, i considered being blinded by my summon sign a feature! (same goes for bonfires, torches, and other light sources, though).

On the other hand, i like the less intense DoF, i wish i knew how to mix the two. :p

seriously?

Go to your enbseries.ini file and open it.

Change each part to the following and then save :-

[EFFECT]

EnableLens=true

[LENS]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=false
ReflectionIntensityDay=0.18 // the amount of pretty lights you see in daytime - higher is more
ReflectionIntensityNight=0.18 // the amount of pretty lights you see at night time - higher is more
ReflectionPowerDay=.2 // the trigger point of flare day time- lower is more
ReflectionPowerNight=.2 // the trigger point of flare night time - lower is more
DirtIntensityDay=0.0 // don't use those below, set 'em to zero
DirtIntensityNight=0.0
DirtPowerDay=0.0
DirtPowerNight=0.0

Top Bottom