• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
IT'S DONE. I'm finally free.

Here's my ring and me readying a lightning arrow in my invisible Dragonrider Bow:

QdCPlEB.png

Newboi

Another poor soul went hollow :(

I don't blame you though. It's the game's fault, not yours.

This is all for PvE. After I beat the game I just wanted to focus on becoming as broken as possible lol.

I'll probably make another Great Club +10 build for PvP on a separate save. It's freakishly tough to kill people with, but it feels great to flatten them, or one shot them with the multi-hit spin attack (I was using this build thoughout NG).

For PvP, the one thing I really hate are random players that come in just to be annoying by spamming toxic mist or Acid cloud while running away until you are either dead or your equipment is junk...

Mistel

Banned
I'll probably make another Great Club +10 build for PvP on a separate save. It's freakishly tough to kill people with, but it feels great to flatten them, or one shot them with the multi-hit spin attack (I was using this build thoughout NG).
Try the Gyrm great hammer it will be right up your alley.
Good to know. I just fully upgraded the Old Knight's Shield though so I might sacrifice aesthetics for getting some mileage out of this bad boy.
Another sheild you might be interested in for general usage is drakekeeper shield it is a superior drangelic shield.

Booshka

40 STR and 16 DEX gives me like 25 less AR than a 40/40 Sun Sword. Seriously, don't level DEX for physical scaling, it's not worth the levels. You would think the Sun Sword would be the quintessential quality weapon for DkS2, but in reality it's just a Straight sword with decent STR scaling and terrible DEX scaling. Because everything has terrible DEX scaling.

I miss my Quality builds.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Another sheild you might be interested in for general usage is drakekeeper shield it is a superior drangelic shield.

Excellent shield. Fully upgraded the stability is pretty good considering the weight and 100% physical plus 70% everything else except dark makes it the best choice if you don't want to go for a greatshield. Just don't expect it block a boss combo...

AngryMoth

I'm sure you could make it work if you used KB+M but then you'd have to use KB+M.
Aiming isn't the problem, the animation is just too slow, almost everyone will roll through it. Same goes for most ranged spells really but LS is especially bad.

40 STR and 16 DEX gives me like 25 less AR than a 40/40 Sun Sword. Seriously, don't level DEX for physical scaling, it's not worth the levels. You would think the Sun Sword would be the quintessential quality weapon for DkS2, but in reality it's just a Straight sword with decent STR scaling and terrible DEX scaling. Because everything has terrible DEX scaling.

I miss my Quality builds.

Stormtrooper recommended infusing with lightning to get a B/B STR/FTH scaling. Think this is a better strategy than going 40/40 STR/DEX? I'm planning a FTH build for my third run.

Excellent shield. Fully upgraded the stability is pretty good considering the weight and 100% physical plus 70% everything else except dark makes it the best choice if you don't want to go for a greatshield. Just don't expect it block a boss combo...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen this shield drop in two whole runs. I thought you meant the greatshield at first until I looked this up. This looks really awesome... I may have to farm those Drakekeepers before heading into NG++.

Booshka

Stormtrooper recommended infusing with lightning to get a B/B STR/FTH scaling. Think this is a better strategy than going 40/40 STR/DEX? I'm planning a FTH build for my third run.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen this shield drop in two whole runs. I thought you meant the greatshield at first until I looked this up. This looks really awesome... I may have to farm those Drakekeepers before heading into NG++.

Any strategy is better than 40/40 STR DEX so ya probably. Just check if the AR goes up when you are in the infusion option at the blacksmith. If it goes up, do it.

Mistel

Banned

STR/FTH with the sun sword is a perfect combo just get dex to the minimum requirement of 13 for the sun sword and away you go. Infuse with lightning and have a rather nice sun sword at your side.

If you are thinking of farming them wear the jesters cap, prisoners tatters, gold covetous ring +1 and the watch dragon parma to farm them. They aren't at all rare (I've got about 5) but you might want to maximize your chances.

STR/FTH with the sun sword is a perfect combo just get dex to the minimum requirement of 13 for the sun sword and away you go. Infuse with lightning and have a rather nice sun sword at your side.

If you are thinking of farming them wear the jesters cap, prisoners tatters, gold covetous ring +1 and the watch dragon parma to farm them. They aren't at all rare (I've got about 5) but you might want to maximize your chances.

Yeah, I plan on doing that STR/FTH build. Can't wait to get home and jump back in! This game is so good. Got about 200 hours out of it already and that's only with 2 runs.

I'll wear those while farming. The drop rates in this game are all over the place. I have about 15 Darksteel Katanas while my buddy can't seem to find a single one and I couldn't find an Old Knight's shield for the longest time. Only got one to drop finally in NG+.

Darklurker.

That was a pretty fun boss, didn't have much health though, luckily since the phase 2 was pure chaos.

I'm in the dragon place now it's okay, but what's up with the
giant suicidal dragon skeleton
, I just walked in and was checking under the stairs when it just exploded or something.

And why are there so many blood stain here when there isn't even an enemy close to there:

And why are these mirrors so ugly, and why do the enemies that come out of them do nothing and just stand there while you attack them?
Also can you not imbue both your weapons with buffs? I equiped 2 sunlight blades and 1 chime in each hand, whenever I imbue 1 axe and then the other it disappears off the first one.

Major disappointment if so, it looks dumb having one weapon be all sparkly and the other just normal. Totally turning me off dual wielding.

Also who should I leave as the final boss? Vendrick or Throne of want?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
, I just walked in and was checking under the stairs when it just exploded or something.

It still has partial magic re-animation holding it together and attempted to kill you.

And why are there so many blood stain here when there isn't even an enemy close to there:
There IS an enemy close to there. L
ucatiel's brother
invades you at that point, having gone hollow.

And why are these mirrors so ugly, and why do the enemies that come out of them do nothing and just stand there while you attack them?

That's a glitch, they are supposed to attack. The mirrors are dark because they channel the spirits of the abyss.

Also can you not imbue both your weapons with buffs? I equiped 2 sunlight blades and 1 chime in each hand, whenever I imbue 1 axe and then the other it disappears off the first one.
You can't enchant two at the same time with traditional means. Weapons with self-buffs do work IIRC.

If you leave Throne last, you will have to fight two bosses in a row.

Xeroblade

Major disappointment if so, it looks dumb having one weapon be all sparkly and the other just normal. Totally turning me off dual wielding.

1. I swear people just die in the most obscure places because I have noticed that as well but everywhere too.

2. They attack you eventually but their response time is broken or something.

3. The only way to imbue two weapons at the same time is by using the Blue Flame sword. It can cast scorcery. I havent tried it myself though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
After marathoning DS after starting 2, I really have to wonder where in Japan all these guys have been hiding away. What a tremendous effort by Japanese devs, when they seem to avoid risk or originality for the most part these days. They seem to exist far outside the norm there, it just seems crazy that ambition fell so far that this is a singular example rather than one of many :(

I see, thanks.

I wonder why I didn't get invaded, maybe it's because I'm
all cool with lucetiel and she gave me her armor and stuff and was like peace remember me.

I'll try some gold pine resin and see if it matches sunlight blade close enough.

I wonder why I didn't get invaded, maybe it's because I'm
all cool with lucetiel and she gave me her armor and stuff and was like peace remember me.
I've never not been invaded by him there, I assumed there were no conditions, got invaded regardless of
Lucatiel's
quest.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

There's an invader NPC there, as others have said. You were certainly invaded but probably just quickly dispatched him and forgot.

Sometimes I'd see bloodstains in unlikely areas and wondered what happened. Sometimes I'd assume it was from PvP, but then I played NG+ and realized there were new enemies there. The best example is in Drangleic,
the two Pursuers in that throne room

Unlike Sunlight Blade, gold pine resin adds a flat lightning damage which makes it better for pure physical weapons.

Oh yeah, you can't even imbue elemental weapons with resins can you?

There's an invader NPC there, as others have said. You were certainly invaded but probably just quickly dispatched him and forgot.

I 100% didn't not fight anyone besides the dogs outside the keep until I reached the mirror phantoms.

Must be a bug, I tried going back there, still no invasion.

Item buff is for str or quality builds.
If you are a faith, intel build then use spell buffs.
Who'd use item if you already have have the stats for the spell?

Guardian dragon, has to be the easiest boss in the game.

Who'd use item if you already have have the stats for the spell?

Because you can't use the spell on both weapons if DW.

Really bugs me visually, one weapon being all sparkly and the other just being normal.

Might just go pick up Defenders greatsword and 2h from now on.

Dammit I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but it didn't even occur to me that these might not be "mirrors" per se`, but hanging spare Looking Glass Knight shields.

Because you can't use the spell on both weapons if DW.

Really bugs me visually, one weapon being all sparkly and the other just being normal.

Might just go pick up Defenders greatsword and 2h from now on.
If you gonna dw, then dw spell tools as well. You can buff both hands that way.

I always kill Executioner soon after unlock Lucia, and he is hard as hell in NG. Mainly because i don't have a lot of stamina and bleed resis at that early stage.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol

i wouldn't mind so much if you 100% were incapable of being hurt inside the alcoves but when it bugs out and you gotta kill all those crazy jumping dudes all over again and run forever it's just not really that worth it.

btw i feel like lucatiel's greatsword's somehow become my best weapon, deals a lot more damage than the defender greatsword and it feels a bit quicker too, i love it.

i dunno if i should lighting infuse it since it's already +10. do you lose your old upgrades?

AngryMoth

I liked chariot a lot more after I learned to roll under the spikes instead of hiding in the alcoves. Goes a lot quicker and you feel pretty badass

Darklurker.

That was a pretty fun boss, didn't have much health though, luckily since the phase 2 was pure chaos.

I am surprised how a human made more advance sience about dragons
and breaking the curse
than a dragon iltself and his weird fetish

I had big problems with the Chariot on my last NG++ playthrough. It was all about stamina management, or rather lack of it. My rapier just wasn't cutting it - that's the way it goes, some enemies and bosses in Souls can always be easy/hard depending on your weapon/stat choices.

I thought the chariot was alright, an ok gimmick once you got it, certainly not as bad as bed of chaos, and more interesting than most of this game's bosses.

That said I was melee, it must be a lot more annoying for ranged/spell casters, or melee with less cleavy weapons.

Crazy how this game can be so damn ugly 1 minute and then drop dead gorgeous 30 seconds after.

If you gonna dw, then dw spell tools as well. You can buff both hands that way.

Doesn't work that way, one you put a weapon away to get a chime or w/e you lose it's buff, so it only works with weapons that also let you cast spells, like blue flame or that mace stormtrooper mentioned.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, thread title makes me wonder why leveling up wasn't just a bonfire option. Did they feel like people would never come back to Majula again if that was the case? I know they're trying to create a nexus area, but who cares?

Man, thread title makes me wonder why leveling up wasn't just a bonfire option. Did they feel like people would never come back to Majula again if that was the case? I know they're trying to create a nexus area, but who cares?

Because quicktravel to make the bonfire useless

Also the removal of ember and baby system if you kill an NPC

Mistel

Banned
No bonfire achievement thing probably.

What are the easiest to miss secrets? I always feel like I've found them all then suddenly a wall falls down in some random place and I'm blown away.

I'm specifically talking about the wall behind the poison vases in No Man's Wharf.

Top Bottom