• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why are there tons of blood stains in between the kings door and the fog wall in throne of want? Is there another npc invasion there that I didn't get for some reason also?
NG+ and PvP can explain bloodstains where there isn't anything out of ordinary...

However, I want to know why I saw so many bloodstains near Maughlin. No PvP there, no NG+ monsters surely, so.... WTF? People attack him and die? looool

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
NG+ and PvP can explain bloodstains where there isn't anything out of ordinary...

However, I want to know why I saw so many bloodstains near Maughlin. No PvP there, no NG+ monsters surely, so.... WTF? People attack him and die? looool

I was wondering that myself. Even on day one PC there were bloodstains all over his shop floor, so much so that I suspected he must go evil or something. I eventually decided people aggro'd the pigs early on and tried to escape.

I was wondering that myself. Even on day one PC there were bloodstains all over his shop floor, so much so that I suspected he must go evil or something. I eventually decided people aggro'd the pigs early on and tried to escape.

Some people also try and kill every NPC the first time they see them. Pretty odd.

Throne defender was an alright fight.

Why don't you touch them and tell us?

Well it doesn't tell me much besides like 10-20 people were attacking something and died in basically the same spot.

I don't think it was PVP, most of them were right next to each other.

Are NG and NG+ bloodstains not seperated? That might explain it because of the NG+ only phantoms or w/e.

Levito

Banned
Has anyone rerolled their stats into an entirely new build for new game plus? If so, how did it work out?

Like I'm thinking of turning my melee character into a caster.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Has anyone rerolled their stats into an entirely new build for new game plus? If so, how did it work out?

I went from heavy Strength to dex because I just wanted to try out some fast weapons.

I haven't changed to a filthy magic user though, and it would probably take a while to level new weapons appropriately.

^ Soooo broken

Currently in the process of doing the same. Trying to get the hang of magic using is a rough go. The easiest part about it is you should have 90% of the equipment you need, so it's basically about leveling things up and adjusting to the new play style.

I'm enjoying it, but it's a work in progress as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

NG was a pure melee Mastodon Greatsword user.

NG+ rerolled to a Hex/Chaos Blade user. Poured lots of points into INT/FTH and pumped all the points I had in STR into other things like VGR and END.

NG++ rerolled to a STR/FTH and infused my Sun Sword with Lightning.

I usually ask the OT where they thing the points should go before I pull the trigger. Everyone here is smarter than I. Rerolling is great fun and it breathes new life into the game for me each time I up my NG.

Thanks!

Haunted

Who are you watching?

Watching Brandon LP it blind is hilarious and infuriating in equal measures. He keeps destroying chests thinking its a mimic. Keeps getting rubbish from it.
wooow that'd kill me.

Watching Zemalf. 73 videos in, three great souls down and he still doesn't know about illusory walls.

Durante

Bloodstains sometimes seem so random - it's amazing how and where people die. There are quite a few places in the game where I was extremely cautious and waiting for something to jump me due to the large amount of bloodstains, only for nothing to happen and an inspection revealing that people simply can't be trusted to run straight next to a drop :p

Firebrand

Followed some recommendations and kept going to Drangelic Castle, and while the autosummoning for Policecop covenant stopped happening many, many hours ago, the blue crystals are now working, sort of.

Of course, I still suck at PvP so I only got like 2 kills out of ~10 crystals. I'm gonna need a lot of those to reach even the 50 kill goal, hah. A few people I invaded had sunbros with them, so no luck there. I was more confused when I landed in Belfry Sol... and either the mobs or the late-arriving gray spirit were firing at both of us. Don't know if that was the seed at work, or if that's just what happens if you invade belfries.

Another guy was mostly naked and hollow, yet my thrust and slashing weapons did crap damage to him, and then he'd just drink estus over and over without me being able to punish him much for it. I guess I'll have to hit the blood arena and practice more before spending crystals.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Finally defeated
Vendrick!
:D
Thoughest fight in the game, and one of the hardest in the series. Died more times because of him then to Douchestick and Fathammer, for example.
Great stuff, though.

And I still suck at rolling. :p

Finally defeated
Vendrick!
Thoughest fight in the game, and one of the hardest in the series. Died more times because of him then to Douchestick and Fathammer, for example.
Great stuff, though.

Did you have the
5 giant souls?
I didn't find him too hard, but I would have had much more trouble with him if I didn't have them.

Finally defeated
Vendrick!
Great stuff, though.

What's your ADP at?

I had a ton of trouble with Vendrick too my first playthrough and I didn't level ADP at all. Since then I've had it at a comfortable 15 on all my builds and it's been much easier to roll dodge in general without taking damage. Although with Vendrick it's really about not being greedy and sticking behind his left leg which is a blindspot for the horizontal sword swings - the only thing you have to watch out for is getting cornered where you can't straif him and having to get him away from the wall to reset.

Beat vendrick with my second character on the first try, no damage taken. 91 agility. No points spent on adaptability, 30 points in atunements.
Stay behind him. Most attacks he does are the verticle chops, which will never hit you, Only roll if he does horizontal sweep.

it was too complex and rare i guess forcing you to farm it so they added the human efigies a a rewards for doing stuff.

I actually thought effigies were a lot more rare in DS2 than humanity was in DS1 (unless you use Ascetics to respawn them)...

I think they probably changed the system and made effigies somewhat hard to farm in order to encourage more co-op.

I also didn't think that humanity was very complex, but maybe others did. I liked how it would give you different bonuses depending on how many soft humanity you had, and how some weapons even scaled with it. It was an interesting dynamic, and made getting back to your bloodstains after death even more important. (Which led to some fun and frustrating experiences.)

Did a bunch of BoB duels today. I was surprised to actually get a ton of duels, given how dead the arena in DS1 was. It was a lot of fun. Vanquisher's Seal PVP can be quite enjoyable. A lot of people see you with bare fists, and have no idea what's about to hit them...

Firebrand

But of course. The moment I decide to dress up like half-naked clown to raise item discovery and farm items... that's when they decide to summon me.

I actually thought effigies were a lot more rare in DS2 than humanity was in DS1 (unless you use Ascetics to respawn them)...

I think they probably changed the system and made effigies somewhat hard to farm in order to encourage more co-op.

I also didn't think that humanity was very complex, but maybe others did. I liked how it would give you different bonuses depending on how many soft humanity you had, and how some weapons even scaled with it. It was an interesting dynamic, and made getting back to your bloodstains after death even more important. (Which led to some fun and frustrating experiences.)

Efigies are rare in early game but if you know where to look you can have a huge amounts of efigies without doing anything at all there are like 10 efigies in forest of giants wihtout reaching the fortress, you can go back sometimes with the old ladies to give you more eifiges, the blue covenant guy can give you some too, several merchants can give you the enough efigies to survive before amana shrine its droprate is to high in an effort to feed you for the next half of the game. Unlike humanity that increase your resistance to everything, drop rate, summon special creatures and gravelords.

And there is no need to use the efigies when you know how to be human by doing coop or escourting newbs with the small soapstone,

Hearing the sound of the Life Protection ring breaking as I kill a full Havel build is one of the most satisfying things in this game.
So much hate, lol you must have been shitted on by full Havel all the time.
It's ok, I was like you too, full of hate towards them Havels. But I'm not stubborn. I learn and adapt.

Haunted

wooow that'd kill me.

Watching Zemalf. 73 videos in, three great souls down and he still doesn't know about illusory walls.
Update: 77 videos and 40+ hours into the game, he read a Youtube comment spoiling the change.

Having this change undocumented might be one of the biggest troll moves in videogame history.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Did you have the
5 giant souls?
I didn't find him too hard, but I would have had much more trouble with him if I didn't have them.
I have four of them. Don't want to attack
the Ancient Dragon.
Did around 250-350 damage with my Mastadon Halberd, so damage wasn't really a problem. Those one hit staggers and k.o's, though...
What's your ADP at?

I had a ton of trouble with Vendrick too my first playthrough and I didn't level ADP at all. Since then I've had it at a comfortable 15 on all my builds and it's been much easier to roll dodge in general without taking damage. Although with Vendrick it's really about not being greedy and sticking behind his left leg which is a blindspot for the horizontal sword swings - the only thing you have to watch out for is getting cornered where you can't straif him and having to get him away from the wall to reset.
Twenty something, Agility is at 101.
Almost every death was caused by those horizontal swings. And thinking "just one more hit"...

Knowing about that blindspot would have been handy a couple of hours ago. :p

Soulhouf

Hearing the sound of the Life Protection ring breaking as I kill a full Havel build is one of the most satisfying things in this game.

Thank god most of them use that ring instead of the much more useful Blue Tearstone ring.
That and the 3rd dragon ring which I always break with corrosive urns. 2 rings broken, 2 slots wasted.

Booshka

Thank god most of them use that ring instead of the much more useful Blue Tearstone ring.
That and the 3rd dragon ring which I always break with corrosive urns. 2 rings broken, 2 slots wasted.

Shh, one of them is right here, don't let it know that there are more useful rings for Havel Monsters than the one that saves you from losing human form.

Lol I'm undefeated. Sm 22 mil. Full buff havelyn. Ready to pop seed of the giants if you gonna run and heal. Also a member of way of blue.
Feel free to invade my game and break my life ring.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh I killed the Lost Sinner, Mytha, and the Covetous Demon each on my first time :D

Adding in Dragonrider, the baseline for bosses in this game is certainly much easier than either of the other two. All fun though :)

Booshka

Lol I'm undefeated. Sm 22 mil. Full buff havelyn. Ready to pop seed of the giants if you gonna run and heal. Also a member of way of blue.
Feel free to invade my game and break my life ring.

tumblr_inline_mnseip6Npt1rztfgc.gif

Finalow

so the Dagger is supposed to have the biggest riposte damage but I couldn't do more than 1k, and that sucks.
it's +10 but I only have something like 20 DEX, is that the issue here? I need high DEX for 2k-2.5k riposte damage?

Booshka

Lol I'm a giant dad in ds1 as well. How does it feel getting stomped all over by a casual?

Giantdads are just min maxed builds for a specific purpose, and they can be beaten easily, all you have to do is just go flip katana or rapier, estoc, spear and whittle them down. In Dark Souls 1 you still had to stay lower level if you wanted to invade ppl, so Giantdad builds weren't broken OP like Havel Monsters are in Dark Souls 2. Soul Memory gives no shits about your level constrained and well thought out character builds. Not to mention that every 50 or so levels that you go up is essentially like slapping on another layer of Havels defense. Great Magic Barrier, 2500+HP, Blue Tearstone and you will most likely never die in PvP.

Top Bottom