• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Minamu

I would be really happy if they did that, but seeing how utterly simplistic SM turned out to be, I have very little hope of that happening..

if (SM < 10000){
SMTier = 1;
}

if (him.SMTier <= you.SMTier + 5 && him.SMTier >= you.SMTier - 5){
add_him_to_invadeable_list();
}

Or something.
Isn't that pretty much how it is already? Except with a slighty lower number? Slightly more complicated networking code of course xD

Dyno

Any of you pros have any tips for the Ruin Sentinels? I was duel-weilding to no great effect. Then I went in with sword and board to better effect. Any consumables or strategy that you found handy?

I also want to make a comment that this is a great game. The people who say it doesn't hit the highs of the first may have a point, but the summoning is so sick in this game. Drop a sign, get summoned in ten or twenty seconds. Go human, shine all you crazy signatures! I can be choosy whereas before you could wait for a long time. This totally changes the way I play the game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Any of you pros have any tips for the Ruin Sentinels? I was duel-weilding to no great effect. Then I went in with sword and board to better effect. Any consumables or strategy that you found handy?

I also want to make a comment that this is a great game. The people who say it doesn't hit the highs of the first may have a point, but the summoning is so sick in this game. Drop a sign, get summoned in ten or twenty seconds. Go human, shine all you crazy signatures! I can be choosy whereas before you could wait for a long time. This totally changes the way I play the game.
Use a blunt weapon. Even the simplest mace or club will do way better than slashing or piercing weapons.

Mistel

Banned
Strike damage works wonders for them if you are having issues with the a pair of maces will work wonders.
Cheers. Had no idea about that ^^
Little handy bonus for burning something.

After exploring, dying and farming for 5 hours in FotG, I have yet to be invaded =(.

Oh and =^O at climbing a certain ladder only summon a random boss fight! I backed down after a few slashes that hardly did damage to 'em and he disappeared. He comes back, right? Or is he in a new spot everytime?

Firebrand

Twink city in DS2 today, both the few times I was bluesummoned and the BS arena. Bleh. Though I laughed a bit when one of them invaded a game with two white phantoms and one blue. "Must... reload Avelyns... faster..."

After exploring, dying and farming for 5 hours in FotG, I have yet to be invaded =(.
It's kind of rare on NG it seems. It didn't happen once in my first 95 hour playthrough, outside of the PvP areas. I was hollow a lot of the time though, so maybe being human boosts it a little bit, as well as being in certain covenants.

Oh and =^O at climbing a certain ladder only summon a random boss fight! I backed down after a few slashes that hardly did damage to 'em and he disappeared. He comes back, right? Or is he in a new spot everytime?
You'll run into him soon enough, don't worry.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
  1. Hunter's Hat
  2. Xanthous Chest
  3. Traveling Merchant Gloves
  4. Rogue Leggings

Looks great together. Alas, no pic!

Edit: Darklurker is finally dead. Now, Ancient Dragon time.

Mistel

Banned
Hmm. Looking at a pic on my phone, only the Hunter's hat shade of brown seems a bit darker but it still works. Try it and see. Looks stylin' on my female knight.
I just did the xanthous torso seems really out of place as it just clashed with everything.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I just did the xanthous torso seems really out of place as it just clashed with everything.

Nah! Really? I've got the saturation on my monitor way down so maybe I'm not getting the brightness of the Xanthous. Now I'm curious. Won't get a chance to see it again till maybe tonight though. I beat Darklurker after a billion tries and need a little break at least.

Mistel

Banned
Nah! Really? I've got the saturation on my monitor way down so maybe I'm not getting the brightness of the Xanthous. Now I'm curious. Won't get a chance to see it again till maybe tonight though. I beat Darklurker after a billion tries and need a little break at least.
It's mainly becuase the torso and the greaves clash so much:
Zxujnb5.png

+
qkGJpbZ.png
The rest of the stuff is within a close proximity color wise to work as an outfit. But the torso and the rest of it no way that does.

The fact that the Xanthous headwrap isn't ostentatiously large is obviously the most disappointing part of Dark Souls 2.

How can I be grossly incandescent when I don't have a headwrap taking up 50% of the screen?

Mistel

Banned
The fact that the Xanthous headwrap isn't ostentatiously large is obviously the most disappointing part of Dark Souls 2.

How can I be grossly incandescent when I don't have a headwrap taking up 50% of the screen?
I know right an there's no parasitical maggot that you can wear either :(.
Too awesome. I don't like it's movelist much. I'm having a much better (and fun) time with the Drakekeeper Great Hammer.
I've just settled with the Gyrm great hammer I just really like the move set and it looks rather nice too. Dressed up as Harley Quinn with it.

Z..

What's the point of having (at least) 13 Estus Flask shards per playthrough if the cap is at 12? oO

Also, Pyromancy Flame vs Dark PF... what exactly is the difference?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol, very nice.
I didn't quite understand how to get that gear on a 17k SM chara. I mean, you started from a 4kk chara which traded with let's say a 2kk, which traded with a 1kk and so on?

Yeah. Kind of shocked it took this long to see someone do this. It's a pretty obvious backdoor.

They could fix this by making equipment only tradeable once. That's the obvious solution to me, anyway. That'd be kind of shitty though so hopefully they think of something more clever.

What's the point of having (at least) 13 Estus Flask shards per playthrough if the cap is at 12? oO

You can find 13 shards in one run but you can do more runs and collect the ones you gathered in revious runs to cap at 13 so you dont have to go find the ones you are missing.

I think the difference is you deal more damage in hollow form

Ruuppa

Isn't that pretty much how it is already? Except with a slighty lower number? Slightly more complicated networking code of course xD

Yeah, that's what I was illustrating; How simple it seems to be in practice.

Tried some DkS1 for a change, made a Halberdier kind of guy. The movement is a lot faster compared to DkS2, and I almost died a couple of times readjusting to the turning speed while sprinting. Had a few fun low-level invasions in the Burg as well, good times.

Dark PF gains power as you get more hollow. Too bad that Dark PF +10 barely outdamages PF +10 when fully hollow, nevermind the health cost.

Edit: Here's a link to some analysis some guy did on PF vs DPF: Link

Z..

You can find 13 shards in one run but you can do more runs and collect the ones you gathered in revious runs to cap at 13 so you dont have to go find the ones you are missing.

Yeah, but why would they put 13 per playthrough if you can't upgrade past 12? What am I supposed to do with the 13th one? Sell it?

Dark PF gains power as you get more hollow. Too bad that Dark PF +10 barely outdamages PF +10 when fully hollow, nevermind the health cost.

Ah! Then I should upgrade DPF as I've always been hollow ever since the start of the game so in my case that makes more sense.

Is anyone still on NG in here? I need 8 Sunlight Medals for the Miracle, and I want to get them by fighting bosses in people's worlds or me summoning them to mine. I don't care which. I just want my remaining medals.

My Soul Memory is 6,231,476. If we both have the name-engraved ring equipped I could be summoned by anyone who's a minimum of 2,000,000. If you'd like to summon me, you'd have to be at least 2,250,000.

My profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dragonlife29 Let's jolly ASAP! <3

Soulhouf

Got destroyed again by the Giant Lord.
A hollow soldier decided to follow me to the fight ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯
Another failed attempt for a no death run, I will call it a night for now...

Sullichin

I wish they let you use the other ones in some way.. turn them into effigies or something at least.

Booshka

I wish they let you use the other ones in some way.. turn them into effigies or something at least.

You can sell Sublime Bone Dust and Estus Flask Shards to Gavlan, literally the only use for them I have seen after you maxed out your uses and reinforcement.

Dekanach

-regulation ver.1.06 note-

[schedule]
June 2, 2014 (Monday) at 17&#65306;00

[contents]
-Fixed so that the poison damage of the weapon “Bad Staff” occurs only
during the close distance attack.The poison damage doesn’t occur when the spell is used.
-The motion, damage amount, and balance during reinforcement of
the weapon“Avelyn”are adjusted.
-The motion, damage amount and balance of the weapon “Syan's Halberd”are adjusted.
-The damage amount, damage amount to the stamina, and balance
during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier's Spear” are adjusted.
-The motion of the weapon “Pursuer's Greatsword” is adjusted.
-The parameters of the armor “Cale's Leather Armor” and “Cale's Shoes” are adjusted.
-The hexes correction value of the ring “Abyss Seal” is adjusted.
-The damage amount balance of the spell “Great Resonant Soul” is adjusted.
-The damage amount balance of the spell “Wrath of the Gods” is adjusted.
-The damage increasing amount of the spell “Resonant Weapon” is adjusted.
-The damage increasing amount of the spell “Flame Weapon” is adjusted.
-The motion of the Thrusting Sword category weapons is adjusted.
-The Dual Wield attacking motion of the Greataxe category weapons is adjusted.
-The Parry motion of Curved Sword category weapon is adjusted.
-The balance of the weapon enchant by spell is adjusted.
-The affection degree to the spell effective time is adjusted to
fluctuate depending on the status value.

After applying the regulation, the following will be displayed on the upper right corner of the
title screen. Regulation [1.05 &#8658; 1.06]

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/information/index.html

elfinke

I like the sound of those changes an awful lot. Obviously a part of the dev team are tasked with fixing problems many are vocal about, I can only guess there is a section of the dev team who have been tasked with remedying the larger problems, too. That Twink video is hilarious, 'perverse necessity' is the mother of all invention and all that...

Those of you working your way through no bonfire and no death runs, are you using the glitches some of the speed runners have highlighted? Until I saw the recent ~22min speed run, I had zero interest in attempting a zero death or zero bonfire attempt, but knowing I could attempt it using those methods and it not cost me a huge amount of time is hugely appealing, and rather invigorating.

ah ok i thought it was like the undercover sunbro video, which i thought it was funny, but dickish nonetheless

Where is that video? I thought about doing a character like that and naming him Leroy Jenkins.

Unless it's been shown here already, may I present to you, The Wrath of Twinkletoes

The sad thing about this is most folks would accuse the invader of being a hacker, but it's just a broken system.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I don't think I would call "having a large group of people give up valuable and rare items through a giant ladder of multiplayer matches where you can't actively connect with people by choice to get the items to a low level player so that they can invade individual people maybe once or twice" a broken system.

Most systems can be exploited one way or another. The people in the video talk about it as if "We just BROKE THE PVP'S" when in reality, next to nobody is going to realistically go through the effort of doing this.

You are right that there are few with the determination to pull something like this off, but all it takes is one to create a mega-mule that can then spread like wildfire.

Top Bottom