• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Toxi

Banned
Man, I totally disagree. Aside from the Majula track, I don't feel like there's any standouts like Ornstein and Smough's theme, Firelink, things like that.

What tracks on DS2's OST are your highlights?

edit: Old Dragonslayer's theme is pretty good too.
Old Dragonslayer's great. Listening to the soundtrack, I like Nashandra, the Ruin Sentinels, Vendrick, and the Pursuer.

I'd actually consider Gwyn's theme the standout from Dark Souls. Ornstein and Smough is good too, but Gwyn's is just incredible with the context.

Old Dragonslayer's great. Listening to the soundtrack, I like Nashandra, the Ruin Sentinels, Vendrick, and the Pursuer.

I'd actually consider Gwyn's theme the standout from Dark Souls. Ornstein and Smough is good too, but Gwyn's is just incredible with the context.

I'm an idiot. Gwyn's should have been the first example I listed. I'll give the others you listed another shot though!

On NG++ (on PC) and loving the co-op in DS2. My favorite fight is Mirror knight for the pvp possibility...every boss I put down my sign for, pulled to help really quick except mirror. Did the 2 before and after him just to check. Weird taking forever, anyone else? Anyway, loving the game!

Levito

Banned
Ix6Ruud.gif

The only track that really stood out for me was the credit music (Longing). Some of the best credit music right up there with Mass Effect 1.

NBtoaster

Best Music:

Ruin Sentinel
Looking Glass Knight
Ancient Dragon
Longing

While the music is a slightly different style to DS1 it still fits the theme. You're not fighting demons and gods anymore (mostly), its much more fitting for fighting hollows.

PranooY

Some doubts:

1. Can we be summoned to beat a boss which we haven't beaten in our main game? And if we kill him in another guy's game- will we loose the boss in our game? Coz I am early in the game, just beat the giant and I got summoned to beat the boss who came by eagle or something.
I'm not a sorcerer. I wish to play a socrer+light weight melee character. So where do I get the catalyst to cast spells?
2. How much attunement point should I reach to get an attunement slot?

2AdEPT

NG+ is so easy with Vanquisher's Seal.
Yeah, I had to change my Vanquisher Sea. run into a no estus no health loss run....it was too easy otherwise. (see below)

God, this game's OST is so much better than Dark Souls'. It's not Demon's Souls level, but few games are.

Yeah I really loved sentinels, but then they cut and paste for Smelter, many other themes are pretty bland, Sinner Pursuer e.g. I had to play my own music for the last challenge run I did on Sinner!

Some doubts:

1. Can we be summoned to beat a boss which we haven't beaten in our main game? And if we kill him in another guy's game- will we loose the boss in our game? Coz I am early in the game, just beat the giant and I got summoned to beat the boss who came by eagle or something.
I'm not a sorcerer. I wish to play a socrer+light weight melee character. So where do I get the catalyst to cast spells?
2. How much attunement point should I reach to get an attunement slot?

1. Yes you can, and no you won't. You can buy a staff from a merchant in No-Man's Wharf.
2. 10.

Man, you guys are so fucking hardcore.

I'm struggling through NG++ after vowing not to use spells anymore since I found them to be almost cheating in NG+. Almost regretting that decision lol.

PranooY

I keep getting "Summoning Failed -Unable to connect to multiplayer" when someone is trying to summon me. I was summoned earlier about 3 times. Now it is failing for the consecutive 4rth time. I tried closed the quitting and restarting. Also i restarted my ps3 and tried.

Any solutions?

Also do we get humanity back by just getting summoned or only after beating the boss?
And how do we know if we are human or not? I mean in dark souls 1, the top left corner showed the number of soft humanity etc.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
The sad thing about this is most folks would accuse the invader of being a hacker, but it's just a broken system.

Well, sometimes its true good to be true.

4BD69016A455169C56500A89308C34F1DD3BF8A9

This was when I had less than SM of less than 300K and that character had both the rings which makes weapons invisible on the left/right hand.

Mogwai

Finally managed to beat Nashandra on the PC. Did take some time though as I already spent around 60 hours on PS3 version.

I'm now considering to see if I should try Ancient Dragon or just say fuck it...

Just invaded a guy who managed to suicide via Great Resonant Soul spam + the Abyss Seal. I've done the same thing using the Chaos Blade, gotta watch that health drain.

Mistel

Banned
Also do we get humanity back by just getting summoned or only after beating the boss?
And how do we know if we are human or not? I mean in dark souls 1, the top left corner showed the number of soft humanity etc.
Once duty is fulfilled you will get humanity then you just check player info or see if you aren't hollow.

Mogwai

Is it possible to make a "torch run" in DS2?

Like lighting the torch ASAP and keeping it lit as much as possible. I would assume a few flame butterflies would be required. But I have no idea whether the torches are placed well enough for allowing this?

Ruuppa

Is it possible to make a "torch run" in DS2?

Like lighting the torch ASAP and keeping it lit as much as possible. I would assume a few flame butterflies would be required. But I have no idea whether the torches are placed well enough for allowing this?

That would be a difficult speedrun. You'd have to get to the next torch in 5 minutes from Things Betwixt, and that's at Forest of Fallen Giants, where the first Old Ironclad is. Needless to say, you'd have to keep alive for a long time as well, so a no-death run.

You'd have to give yourself a lot of leniency to do it properly.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've been Bellfending in NG+ to get the Hidden Weapon spell and I have to say, it's been a jolly good time. For the most part...
I've...seen things. Horrible things. A naked Hexer called Gandalf, purple haired pyromancing Havel's but worst of all; teleporting shmucks whom apparently can't get hurt but kill you in one hit.
It goes pretty well most of the time, but when it goes bad, it gets bad. And the worst part is, you can't alway's see if it's just lag or if a player is being a jerk.

Ah well.
Almost finished the Covenant of the Sun as well. I completely overlooked Covenants in Dark Souls I. Another fun thing to discover when I replay that game oneday. :)

So, should I
kill all the NPCs
before going into NG+?
It will send your sin skyrocketing and enjoy your first steps into Heide's - the fog gate will go up IMMEDIATELY!

There's only a couple worth killing I think, Targray and Titchy Gren are who I usually do for their gear, the rest I think you can get their armour sets by other (or easier) means and what the others drop isn't worth the sin level.

Hayabusi

It will send your sin skyrocketing and enjoy your first steps into Heide's - the fog gate will go up IMMEDIATELY!

There's only a couple worth killing I think, Targray and Titchy Gren are who I usually do for their gear, the rest I think you can get their armour sets by other (or easier) means and what the others drop isn't worth the sin level.

Ok, thanks!
My sin level is nonexistent so I never thought about it. Good to know that it would transfer over to NG+.

Mistel

Banned
Ok, thanks!
My sin level is nonexistent so I never thought about it. Good to know that it would transfer over to NG+.
You need ten sin to become a sinner so you've got a bit of leeway if you wish to kill a few NPC's not that many are worth killing.

elfinke

What the fuck is this fascination with summoning me as a dark spirit into the Dragon Shrine, only then to find the host on the other side of the enormous bridge back to Aerie? Had it happen an absurd amount of times tonight, I just black crystal out of there. Aintnobodygotimefothat.gif and all that. PvP in this area has been a right pain in the neck tonight :/

Is it even possible to get dragon rider to fall off the cliff? I'm trying to do it for fun, but, he just knocks me off as soon as I enter. I don't think it's possible, I really don't, or they changed his AI so he never goes towards the cliff. 20x now I've died, I don't think it's possible. This is seriously fucking stupid, how do i get him to fall off the cliff? How do those speed runners manage to get him to fall? Seriously this shit is fucking impossible. They must have patched it, they must have because he won't go near the cliff.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
i give uo, this is seriously fucking impossible. How do I make him fall off the fucking cliff? this is so fucking annoying, how the fuck do those streamers do it? I don't want to fucking kill him, I want him to fall off the goddamn fucking cliff. Why the fuck wont he fall off?

Maxwood

i give uo, this is seriously fucking impossible. How do I make him fall off the fucking cliff? this is so fucking annoying, how the fuck do those streamers do it? I don't want to fucking kill him, I want him to fall off the goddamn fucking cliff. Why the fuck wont he fall off?
Acrophobia.

What the fuck? It;s like dragon rider decided to give up on life. Game bug? He suddenly turns around and runs off the cliff for no fucking reason. He hadn't attacked and missed, he just randomly decided to fuck it and run off.
Acrophobia.

I don't know. I've watched those stupid youtube videos, but, it never works, he won't do it for me.

Mistel

Banned
So, this was one of those weird experiences in Bellfry Luna. Anyone have an explanation for his almost eternal life? Was it a bug or a cheater?
Doesn't really matter, it was a great fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbb5afFZsw0&list=UUGI60G8a3o94R6aTbFdZ9rg
(Apologies for the poor quality and stuttering, that wasn't in the original recording :/)
I assume it's a bug as it happened after the second phantom turned up if they were cheating they would of probably been doing it from the start.

Ruuppa

I assume it's a bug as it happened after the second phantom turned up if they were cheating they would of probably been doing it from the start.

That seems to be very-rarely-used-by-hackers Infinite Health cheat. Verily, it has been many a hacker that I've seen that has not used it.

There are a lot of hackers that only turn the hacks on when things are "unfair", like 2v1 in Belltowers, invasions when they don't want any etc. Usually hackers are crap in the game itself, due to not ever learning how to play. That would explain why he didn't manage to kill either of you even while cheating.

65 faith this Blinding Bolt must be awesome.

1. 11 Skeptics Spices to get it to my current faith.
2. Attune.
3. Go try it out on the first unsuspecting enemy.

"............what the fuck is this shit?"

Ruuppa

65 faith this Blinding Bolt must be awesome.

1. 11 Skeptics Spices to get it to my current faith.
2. Attune.
3. Go try it out on the first unsuspecting enemy.

............what the fuck is this shit?

Horrible spell, kind of like the two high Faith healing miracles from DkS1. Theoretically good if you get all the bolts to hit a single enemy, but that never happens.

Top Bottom