• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Minamu

Is it worth infusing the Sun Sword+10 into lightning or anything else? My stats are str/dex 40 and int/fth 50. I need someting new post-Santier's :) Preferrably good in both pve and pvp (gonna be hard to go back to having weapons with durability xD).

Xeroblade

Is it worth infusing the Sun Sword+10 into lightning or anything else? My stats are str/dex 40 and int/fth 50. I need someting new post-Santier's :) Preferrably good in both pve and pvp (gonna be hard to go back to having weapons with durability xD).

Stack the sword with that and sun blade and you should be good to go.

Durante

I guess I'll repost my reaction to the DLC impressions here, since the thread got buried quickly again:

What little we see there looks great to me, both visually and in terms of gameplay. Ilike the combination of the architecture with the gems (which look like those in Brightstone Cove).

Also:
In the DLC, at any given time, it felt like I could go in 4 or 5 different directions.
He said over and over and over again: "This DLC is meant for very experienced players".
These sound good to me, particularly the first one.

Durante

But the guy in the video above says it never feels harder or much complicated to him...
Well, he only saw a small part of it, and we don't know how powerful his character was. (It is common practice to have OP characters in game demos) Or he could just be very experienced ;)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm trying to think of some creative options to use right after you parry someone but before you do a riposte.

If you're fast you can get a spell in or use the extra time to switch out equipment. I've seen this done with dark fog as well as some crystal spear spells. You guys have any other ideas?

Also great video Booshka, I was watching stuff on your channel afterwards, you are very entertaining. Definitely going to add blue tearstone into my rotation.

Well, he only saw a small part of it, and we don't know how powerful his character was. (It is common practice to have OP characters in game demos) Or he could just be very experienced ;)

True.
I'm still gonna wait when they're release it and wait for feedback before buying.

Mistel

Banned
I'm trying to think of some creative options to use right after you parry someone but before you do a riposte.

If you're fast you can get a spell in or use the extra time to switch out equipment. I've seen this done with dark fog as well as some crystal spear spells. You guys have any other ideas?
Great hammer two hand strong attack?

They put the prayers guys egg sacks to a mosquito, a reskined Lost Izalith with green textures,wait thats the egg shield without the eggs....I....

igH3dF4STszz9.gif

Arcayne

Been a while since I played (took another 2 weeks off gaming after just one all nighter with DKS2 ~_~), is lvl 150 still meta for pvp? Are all those twitch dks2 players lvling up to 200+ an indication for me to keep lvling? At 12mill SM on my main toon so far

Mistel

Banned
Been a while since I played (took another 2 weeks off gaming after just one all nighter with DKS2 ~_~), is lvl 150 still meta for pvp? Are all those twitch dks2 players lvling up to 200+ an indication for me to keep lvling? At 12mill SM on my main toon so far
There's no meta for pvp really soul memory has killed that off. At 12 million you could be fighting people far higher levels than you are.

maomaoIYP

Is flame swathe garbage online? I'd assume yes but if they're close enough to me, even if they attack me they'll get hit anyway.

Trying to find a good balance of pyromancies to use. I like Great Combustion but the range is short, I like Flame Whip but the cast time is slow, Chaos Storm is okay in certain situations so I don't mind it, Forbidden Sun is good.

I don't really want to use more things since I hate scrolling through all the spells, but is there something to replace one of the above with? I tried toxic mist in a few matches and not sure if they just had crazy resistances but it wasn't really working out. I don't have Great Chaos Fireball either but if that's good I could use that I guess.

The mist spells have less usage in PvP now due to the recent calibrations, they made it such that resistances actually work as they are supposed to be. Now I stand and emote away in the mist when someone casts it, because they can't do shit.

They still work decently as a distracting annoyance in tight areas, and people are still reluctant to walk through one. Since you're now pure pyro, try a mix of distraction + zoning. Whatever mist to distract then cast lingering flames through that, and once they start rolling to anticipate the lingering flame, the very fast casting forbidden sun to catch the roll. I wouldn't use the storm spells unless you can set them up properly: e.g. retreating just through a door and out of direct visual contact to look like you're going to cast warmth for recovery, but instead you're actually using the loss of direct visual to hide the storm casting animations. This sort of strategy works very well for great heal/wrath of god, not so sure if you can speed up the storm animations enough for it to work.

PranooY

I'm starting my NG+ play through. I respeced all my intelligence to strength which is 52 now. Which is the most powerful weapon/best weapon (when upgraded to max) for STR build?

bj00rn_

Banned
Soul Level doesn't matter at all, only SM. Not sure how Ascetics affect it all. If you don't see any signs, you just most likely have too high SM for that particular area or nobody is online at that spot.

Yeah, probably my 10 mill SM then. It's a shame that coop is basically gone if you spend "too much" time on the game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSz62IeABFA

Stage demo of the DLC.

EDIT: I don't want to sound racist, but this dudes accent is killing me.

"It's a search for the lost 3 clowns"

EDIT 2: Says each DLC is about equivalent to Forest of Fallen giants, all 3 together about 1.5x bigger the Artorias of the Abyss.

That's about what I expected from the size of the DLC, seems like a reasonable amount of content. I hope the area's have lots of branching paths and area's to explore, there wasn't enough area's like that in DS2 so this could help flesh that out.

Can't decide if I should do an NG player and get it to end game (collect Ashen Mist) for this or stick with my NG++ character. I worry that the alternate "hard" route may be ridiculous on ng++. Decisions...

Durante

Yeah, probably my 10 mill SM then. It's a shame that coop is basically gone if you spend "too much" time on the game..
I just recently did 6 coop lost sinner runs with randoms with 14 million SM.

You are in NG+ (or more), right?

That's about what I expected from the size of the DLC, seems like a reasonable amount of content. I hope the area's have lots of branching paths and area's to explore, there wasn't enough area's like that in DS2 so this could help flesh that out.
Yeah, Forest of the Fallen Giants was one of the best areas in the game I feel. Large, lots of branching paths that also loop back. If each DLC is like that I'm content.

The guy did say that "In the DLC, at any given time, it felt like I could go in 4 or 5 different directions".

Booshka

I'm starting my NG+ play through. I respeced all my intelligence to strength which is 52 now. Which is the most powerful weapon/best weapon (when upgraded to max) for STR build?

Great Club imo. +10, no infusions, put on a Ring of Blades +2 and then buff it with a consumable resin. You'll do a ton of damage to everything, except for maybe Rotten, use an Estoc for him.

Soulhouf

After a break (last time was before the 1.05 calibration), I did 4 hours of PvP last night with my 40 Million SM character (via dragon covenant) and I didn't fight a single Havel.
What happened? Are people starting to realize how boring it is? Also, except one guy I fought, the others didn't seem to be too high level.

I'm confused because it's such a big change from the last time I did PvP but I'm happy there are more and more people who don't go hollow anymore...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
"Region restriction" in the options menu is based on what version of the game someone bought, right? Not actual location?

There's no way this many juggalos live in Japan (._. )

Soulhouf

"Region restriction" in the options menu is based on what version of the game someone bought, right? Not actual location?

There's no way this many juggalos live in Japan (._. )

Correct.
I also have a Japanese version and I was surprised too as their number increased in DSII...
But it's still nowhere near to what you see elsewhere.

After many hours playing at 40-50% equip load I found that I actually missed the shorter roll that you have at 60.1-70%. Having the shorter roll makes evading easier for me because I don't really want to get that far away from my opponent when dodging. It also makes it much easier to roll behind people and go for backstabs.

Also Durante, good call on the Lost Sinner co-op at high Soul Memory. I was hankering for some co-op and have found lots of people there looking for help.

I haven't played Darks Souls 2 yet but I remember an enemy which was shown right after the game's reveal.
this one:

I'd like to see him in action, would anyone please have a link to a video ?
Or at least could you tell me his name if he has one, oor the area he can be found in ?

Myomoto

I haven't played Darks Souls 2 yet but I remember an enemy which was shown right after the game's reveal.
this one:

I'd like to see him in action, would anyone please have a link to a video ?
Or at least could you tell me his name if he has one, oor the area he can be found in ?

It's a Gyrm, they hang out in the Doors of Pharros. They don't exactly look very dignified in their animations, they sort of just waddle around.

Xeroblade

After a break (last time was before the 1.05 calibration), I did 4 hours of PvP last night with my 40 Million SM character (via dragon covenant) and I didn't fight a single Havel.
What happened? Are people starting to realize how boring it is? Also, except one guy I fought, the others didn't seem to be too high level.

I'm confused because it's such a big change from the last time I did PvP but I'm happy there are more and more people who don't go hollow anymore...

A few nerfs here and there, I also think too that they are realizing how boring it is and that its extremely hated. I don't see too many full havels or smelters anymore but when I do, I punish immensely.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's a Gyrm, they hang out in the Doors of Pharros. They don't exactly look very dignified in their animations, they sort of just waddle around.

How dare you

The Gyrm are honorable servants of his majesty the king, and I will not hear them insulted

taybul

What makes havel boring? Or rather, what are some more interesting armors out there?

I just picked up Havels yesterday on my soldier.

Booshka

What makes havel boring? Or rather, what are some more interesting armors out there?

It's not the armor, it's the playstyle that stacking full Havel's seems to breed. Stacking poise and defense, overleveling and using whatever is the most OP broken shit possible to win at all costs. That's what we are talking about when we say "Havel Monsters" or Full Havels, etc.

Well the armor is tank, great defense and lighting resistance that makes other classes useless in PVP and its a full armor set with shield and weapon.

taybul

Default set that are interesting, unless your after something a bit more bespoke?

Nah not necessarily lol. When I saw "Havel is boring" I figured you all were implying that there was other gear that has special attributes or something since Havel's clearly going for full on DEF.

Mistel

Banned
Nah not necessarily lol. When I saw "Havel is boring" I figured you all were implying that there was other gear that has special attributes or something since Havel's clearly going for full on DEF.
There's some sets like the jester's set that have special abilities on everything but generally it is the odd peice here or there.

As a Blubro, if i'm not the one to inflict the final blow to the invaders/red (the WotB host finish him ) , does it count as a point to increase my rank?

Please tell me it does.

Top Bottom