• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

GorillaJu

Some weapons seem to have ridiculous durability problems. My Crypt Blacksword takes 60-70% durability hits in one kill sometimes. I don't understand how or why this happens.

Some weapons seem to have ridiculous durability problems. My Crypt Blacksword takes 60-70% durability hits in one kill sometimes. I don't understand how or why this happens.

There are some weapons that drains the durability when using the strong attack like the giant club so try to not rely on doing strong attacks, upgrading it gives you more durability I think

GorillaJu

Yeah guys I'm on PC. The CBS is at +5 and it still seems to have this problem. I did notice that it tends to happen more with strong attacks. I thought maybe strong attacks just drain durability like how the MLGS beam drains you, but I tested it a few times and it's inconsistent and happens with regular R1s too. It may be from hitting corpses I'll have to take a closer look next time I play that char.

My MLGSs last much longer and they have lower durability and are generally known for being fragile.

Renekton

Yeah DS2 durability degrades much faster than DS1.

I also read in Reddit that this is worsened by PC having physics not being in step with the renderer/main. Depending on moveset, the weapon may degrade 2-3x faster than X360 or more.

Ok so I'm in
belfry sol
and got past the dwarfs and got the 2 chests with goodies hidden behind a secret door, but I'm completely lost!

Where do I go after here?

Ok so I'm in
belfry sol
and got past the dwarfs and got the 2 chests with goodies hidden behind a secret door, but I'm completely lost!

You have to take the second bonfire to regain the zone path, go straight and kill the tortoise guys, dont take the door and go for the small ladder next to the door
you can also use the mechanism to kill the next two tortoise warrior and go for another detour

EDIT: go for the hunstman area (via majula) after you talked with lycia to unlock the next area.

EDIT2: course you cursed curse, I am going to sleep

Aurongel

Ok so I'm in
belfry sol

Belfry Sol is small and has little to do with the Lord Soul in Iron Keep, it's optional. The path to the next bonfire after Belfry is across the wooden platforms with the ninja turtles.

GorillaJu

You have to take the second bonfire to regain the zone path, go straight and kill the tortoise guys, dont take the door and go for the small ladder next to the door
you can also use the mechanism to kill the next two tortoise warrior and go for another detour

EDIT: go for the hunstman area (via majula) after you talked with lycia to unlock the next area.

You have to go through Huntsman's Copse to get to Iron Keep.

taybul

Power stance is too good in this game. I'm trying to find alternatives to my dual +10 Clubs and nothing's coming close. I recently got the King's Ultra to +5 and tested it (1H) against those knights in Dragon's peak and it came up much shorter. Understandably 1h'ing a GS would allow for using a shield but then I move like a snail.

Getting always lost in that path for real.

Maybe he needs to for to the gutter if he need another old one soul or going to the winter shrine.

I had to go through the shaded woods and get to the Royal Rat Authority

That guy going solo really pisses me off. I can't kill him without dying a horrible death.

Firebrand

Everyone accuses hax.
I was about to call hacks on someone just now, but looking at his profile he/she was just... Australian. Goddang it From, stop grouping them with Europe. Oddly enough my blows landed just fine on his summoned friend.

Started Demon's Souls a few nights ago. I've only played a tiny bit of the Bolataria walls and Stonefang (Stonewall?), but it's downright sad how much better the level layouts seem to be in that game compared to most of DS2. Reminds me of good ol' Undeadburg. Not so crazy about the hub structure perhaps.

That guy going solo really pisses me off. I can't kill him without dying a horrible death.

I left that guy alone till I got more powerfull spells to kill faster those minions unless you are melee and have a good one weapon to kill the minions faster while you are positioning between his legs.

Ruuppa

ruin sentinels went down way easier than expected at SL1 solo. the mace just destroys them...pretty much can take them one at a time.

mace op nerf plz

When I was doing Shaded Woods on my Butcher's Knife run, which I had at +2, I had to switch out to the Magic Mace you find there. It did about two times as much damage as the Knife. Crazy.

Ruuppa

Yeah, the way striking vs. slashing damage works in DS2 (a lot of enemies resist slashing while weak to striking apparently) either makes the mace very strong, or bladed weapons very weak, depending on your perspective.

I think the general rule of thumb is that medium/heavily armored enemies have absurd Slash resistance, and low Strike resist, while lightly armored enemies are the opposite.

The problem there is that there are very few lightly armored enemies in the whole game. And even against those enemies Strike weapons do a lot of damage to. I think only the Hollow Prisoners from Gutter had a bit of resistance towards Strike, but I could be wrong.

knitoe

I can't get that Warlock Mask to drop for shit.

It's truly random. While farming, with the increase item discovery gears (chest, helm, ring, shield and coin), on first char, it took me 30 tries. Second char, 1st drop. Third char, took 16 tries.

hexer set + flame quartz ring + flash sweat + rolling in water...you can just sit there in front of smelter demon after his 2nd charge up. his swings don't do any damage.

some of the bosses i was most worried about for the SL1 solo run ended up being cake. i'm worried about the gargoyles, though. i'll probably save that for after I get some stronger pyromancy.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Been going through some completed areas, combing them for anything I may have missed. There's one corpse in Lost Bastille that I just can't reach, close to McDuff's workshop heading towards the stairs.

79D164ED2D58D39838CFDCD816E3D9005E195D41

Anybody know what it is and/or how to reach that spot? I don't really have the time to watch a thorough walkthrough. Thanks.

Anybody know what it is and/or how to reach that spot? I don't really have the time to watch a thorough walkthrough. Thanks.
It's a shield iirc. You get there through two illusory walls in the room under the room under Straid's cell (does that make sense?!) The room with the explodey guys hiding in those Russian doll shaped smashable things.

Jaeger

Been going through some completed areas, combing them for anything I may have missed. There's one corpse in Lost Bastille that I just can't reach, close to McDuff's workshop heading towards the stairs.

Yea, later on in the level you can walk the ledge by jumping over to it from another. You won't miss it.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It's a shield iirc. You get there through two illusory walls in the room under the room under Straid's cell (does that make sense?!) The room with the explodey guys hiding in those Russian doll shaped smashable things.

Yea, later on in the level you can walk the ledge by jumping over to it from another. You won't miss it.

D'oh, turns out I had actually already opened those walls, but I wasn't careful enough when searching that room later on. Thanks! This is a wonderful looking shield ...

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

79D164ED2D58D39838CFDCD816E3D9005E195D41

Why is it so dark in your game?

*That whole area is supposed to be lit with moon light*

saw a dude with butterfly wings about 1hr ago... I want that, it's the ultimate cosplay prop for DaSII

Burn two Ascetics at Majula for the complete butterfly set, just one if you want the wings.

Maughlin (the armor dude) will sell that butterfly stuff once you've done the above and spent at least 1000 souls with him beforehand. Or was it 16000 souls?

Renekton

I think most of my NG deaths from RRA came from trying too hard to kill off the little rats, leaving myself open for his headswipe.

I think most of my NG deaths from RRA came from trying too hard to kill off the little rats, leaving myself open for his headswipe.

Those little bastards I clear out with my Bastard Sword (Heh) but after that the RRA just doesn't stop attacking and gives me so little room to retaliate.

Would going with a lighter & more agile build help?

Fire Whip is crazy, it always seems to have an AoE effect around the caster even though the fire is clearly coming out in a cone in front of them. I roll out of the way of it all the time and am still hit repeatedly.

Seanspeed

Banned
Those little bastards I clear out with my Bastard Sword (Heh) but after that the RRA just doesn't stop attacking and gives me so little room to retaliate.

Go light and agile definitely. Use a weapon that will one hit kill the small rats if possible to get them out of the way ASAP. Then stay at the rear of the big rat whenever possible. Do NOT lock on to the boss. Do NOT use all your stamina up when attacking the boss. It will jump away at times and you need stamina to run and get back under it before it does its extremely powerful lunge attack/swipe. Also, two-hand your weapon when you do get a chance to attack to do max damage. But again - monitor your stamina and always leave some.

jimmyd

I took him on with a Claymore and 100% phys def shield with high stability (but still with fast roll), which meant if I made a mistake and was lucky enough to get my shield up I could take the hit.
My pattern to fighting him is as follows: he initiates an attack, you stay close and run/roll under him and attack his legs 1 or 2 times, whatever is safe for you. Then he will jump backwards and the pattern repeats. You must be ready when he jumps backwards to get close and under him again. Doing this perfectly is pretty hard so it'd be good if you can take a hit and survive, then instead of using your opportunity to attack you just heal instead.

Top Bottom