• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
"In a duel match, the soul level and soul memory doesn't matter"

At the bottom of the page.

Anyway, i should be able to farm those Red cracked orbs just like the blue.
Red cracked orbs are slightly easier to get considering the
piglets drop them. Never seen that before I wonder where that came from and why it isn't on any of the others wikis if it is true.

Oni Jazar

I posted this on the original DS1 thread by mistake.

How should I spend my souls in NG+? I'm a caster with more then enough int and attunement. I'm sitting on 250k and SL160 or so.

How should I spend my souls in NG+? I'm a caster with more then enough int and attunement. I'm sitting on 250k and SL160 or so.

After lvl 160, it doesn't really matter since everything starts to get overleveled, but I usually pump VGR and a secondary main stat to go a hybrid build if not already done so. I.e. STR main with FTH secondary and get them up to use high end equipment/spells in their respective category.

More health is priority since the bosses can one hit kills you
Adaptability for faster response
Faith for hexes
str/dex for some light weapons
And more capacity load for gear and rings

Deja vu?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Great, my 60 hour character is down the drain. The game decided to stay frozen at the loading screen after an arena battle, so I had to ctrl alt delete my way out. Now my savefile is corrupted. Fuck this shit. I'll restart Dark Souls 1 instead :(

Ruuppa

Great, my 60 hour character is down the drain. The game decided to stay frozen at the loading screen after an arena battle, so I had to ctrl alt delete my way out. Now my savefile is corrupted. Fuck this shit. I'll restart Dark Souls 1 instead :(

I hear that the freeze is pretty common there. I had that once, but thankfully it didn't corrupt my save. I'm on the PC though, so it might be different for the consoles..

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I hear that the freeze is pretty common there. I had that once, but thankfully it didn't corrupt my save. I'm on the PC though, so it might be different for the consoles..

Yeah this happened in PC ver. Apparently there's a chance you can fix it if you start another character and go to the statues near the arena. Luckily, the one I went to happens to be Blue Sentinels, so I could just rush through the early shit and cheese my way through with phantoms and hope for the best :(

Ruuppa

Yeah this happened in PC ver. Apparently there's a chance you can fix it if you start another character and go to the statues near the arena. Luckily, the one I went to happens to be Blue Sentinels, so I could just rush through the early shit and cheese my way through with phantoms and hope for the best :(

Welp, another reason to never, ever go to the arenas! Add that to the pile.

Renekton

Damn, that is my absolute worst gaming nightmare.

My condolonces mate. I always backup my DkS2 saves on an hourly basis just in case shit like that happens.

Booshka

Guess I lost 6.5 million souls because I forgot to pickup Bloodstain after an invasion. Ehh, whatever, this character will be SL 135 forever, so who gives a fuck. Soul Memory be damned.

Firebrand

Ugh, Lost Sinner on NG+(+1 ascetic from NG) is so annoying. It shouldn't be so difficult to take down the added mobs but it's hard to get the camera angle needed to both target and keep track of the boss. Would be real easy if there was a camera angle that was more zoomed out.
edit: Actually, the solution was easy: Ignore the adds. They actually make the Lost Sinner a bit easier since she'll pause longer between attacks.

Does the save not load at all?

I was going to suggest seeing if there's something in the Steam Cloud but I'm noticing only now that the game doesn't use Steam Cloud...?! From, plz.

yamo

All right, i'm heading into this game right now! What would you guys say is the strongest possible PvE build right now? I wanna be a powerhouse and wreck stuff if possible.

Booshka

All right, i'm heading into this game right now! What would you guys say is the strongest possible PvE build right now? I wanna be a powerhouse and wreck stuff if possible.

Start as Cleric, use Strike Weapons, Mace (starting weapon) then eventually Great Hammers, and Lightning Spears. You will absolutely cruise through the game with those two offensive options.

Mogwai

Start as Cleric, use Strike Weapons, Mace (starting weapon) then eventually Great Hammers, and Lightning Spears. You will absolutely cruise through the game with those two offensive options.

Alternatively, pop some human effigies and summon friends. That will get the job done too ;-)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Ugh, Lost Sinner on NG+(+1 ascetic from NG) is so annoying. It shouldn't be so difficult to take down the added mobs but it's hard to get the camera angle needed to both target and keep track of the boss. Would be real easy if there was a camera angle that was more zoomed out.

Does the save not load at all?

I was going to suggest seeing if there's something in the Steam Cloud but I'm noticing only now that the game doesn't use Steam Cloud...?! From, plz.

It straight out makes the game crash

yamo

Alternatively, pop some human effigies and summon friends. That will get the job done too ;-)

Cheers,

Was so eager to get started so already made a knight, but I picked up a mace (or morningstar or whatever in majula). I will try and get some strength so I can wield it better. I will also try and put some souls to increase my faith and pick up some miracles.

Havent played a melee/faith build since Demon's Souls so this should be fun.

elohel

I think most of my NG deaths from RRA came from trying too hard to kill off the little rats, leaving myself open for his headswipe.

if you have the right weapon combo and power stance you can take them out in one or two hits that's how I ended up having to do it, was never able to take them out while fighting the other dude lol

Levyne

Banned
Stuck at No-Man's Wharf. I'm sure I walked through the whole thing and found only dead ends.

This is how I felt the first time through. The first part of the zone is fairly open but it all funnels to one staircase leading to the second part of the area that, for some reason, I found myself running by a couple times before I registered that I hadn't traveled up it.

(I'm using "first part" and "second part" generally, it's not a specific division)

Ruuppa

Stuck at No-Man's Wharf. I'm sure I walked through the whole thing and found only dead ends.

Remember the beginning of Dark Souls 1. One above, and one below. Except there's only one.

There's a bell you need to ring there, it's after the Gremlins on the top of the cliffs. I missed it the first time as well, just ran straight past it.

Manu

Remember the beginning of Dark Souls 1. One above, and one below. Except there's only one.

There's a bell you need to ring there, it's after the Gremlins on the top of the cliffs. I missed it the first time as well, just ran straight past it.

HeadExplodingNewscaster.gif

Yeah, the area pretty much freezes until you do that and there is no clear indication of what to do and more if you dont use the pharros key

I think Namco missed out by not having DS2 featured as a Daily in the Steam sale. The discount is decent, but not being featured on the front page severely limits its sales.

Firebrand

Didn't get any summoned players for the LGK fight on NG+, but tried getting summoned myself... I invaded the same person three times :( Had to run down there and put a summon sign, she summoned me and I /prostrated with some gift effigies, then we beat the boss.

yamo

Hmm game seem to have glitched for me, the sublime bone dust did never drop from the mace knight dude in Heides Tower. Guess i'll have to manage without it :(

Booshka

Anyone use this mod yet?
http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/278/?
MetaCap. Caps your SM based on your SL. Only works Sl100-175. Seems like a really good solution, unless From actually changes SM that is.

I saw ppl talking about it in a Twitch chat last night, I am thinking about doing it, because I have a really nice SL 135 STR build with 20 Million Soul Memory. The activity up there is actually a little underwhelming, I am doing alright in my fights, I'd say about 50% win rate, and I am mostly fighting overleveled monsters or insane casters.

But if I could have a more manageable SM, and if the activity is higher, than I am very interested in this mod.

Sullichin

I saw ppl talking about it in a Twitch chat last night, I am thinking about doing it, because I have a really nice SL 135 STR build with 20 Million Soul Memory. The activity up there is actually a little underwhelming, I am doing alright in my fights, I'd say about 50% win rate, and I am mostly fighting overleveled monsters or insane casters.

But if I could have a more manageable SM, and if the activity is higher, than I am very interested in this mod.

Yep. Sure it's cheating, but you can't really use it to twink since it only works at SL100 and up. Plus, my SL150 character is literally no stronger if I collected 10 million more souls. I wouldn't feel bad about using it.

I could see the PVP community all using this mod if From doesn't do something about Soul Memory.

Manu

Make that four, I just killed
discount Ornstein.

I love how someone left a message that said "fatty, not here!?"

Top Bottom