• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Sullichin

FWIW, I live dangerously and I've been Alt+F4ng out of the game every time I quit since before the game even came out and I haven't corrupted any saves.

Nibel

You absolutely sure you got them all though?

Yes checked some videos and the two big Wiki websites

Seems to be tied to the Steam bug I posted earlier; some achievements worked, and those two I mentioned didn't. Wonders and miracles worked fine.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Huh, I had no idea you could have two co-op partners in Dark Souls. I guess I never stayed human long enough to find out as I would always be immediately invaded and instantly killed. Bleaugh.

On a different note, I finished the Dark Chasm of Old questline.
Darklurker
has to be one of the easiest bosses in the game. I murdered him with four Sunlight Spears and one Great Lightning Spear. What a chump.

Sullichin

Huh, I had no idea you could have two co-op partners in Dark Souls. I guess I never stayed human long enough to find out as I would always be immediately invaded and instantly killed. Bleaugh.

Darklurker
has to be one of the easiest bosses in the game. I murdered him with four Sunlight Spears and one Great Lightning Spear. What a chump.
Best boss fight in the game when you do it melee.

Darklurker

Is a she, kinda sexist huh?

Manu

For what it's worth, I didn't realize Lost Sinner was a woman until I read the item description of her soul.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah, well, I killed her so quickly that I didn't even get a good look in. It'll never happen, but I would love it if From would implement a bestiary in their games allowing one to view high quality models with lore info and drop rates and such.
So pretty much the collectors edition guide book within the game?

There are actually quite a numerous amount of female bosses in DkS2. FROM should be applauded for the diversity.

From the top of my head:-

1. The Ruin Sentinels

2. The Demon of Song

3. Scorpioness Najka

4. Baneful Queen Mytha

5. Darklurker (I didn't know until I read the guide for this one)

6. Throne Watcher (the one without the beard obviously)

7. Lost Sinner

That's quite the amount there.

Now as for the normal enemy types, they still seem to be limited to the caster/healer archetypes, but we're getting there, one step at a time.

Jaeger

kD39uHcL.jpg

I want that other mask, so bad!

Is male he as stated within the item descriptions of his great sword and shield along with his armor.

Me too shame it's not available to use maybe it will be dlc?

I am pretty sure that chest have boobs form.

That armor set drops on no man dwarf boss as mobs aiding the flexible sentinel in NG+.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the bronze mask, no idea. I am still mad for not getting the amana armor set and emerald herald armor set

Manu

Speaking of Iron Keep:

Do I have to go through Belfry Sol every single time I die to the boss? Because I just got invaded by the same guy, twice in a row.

Fuck.

Speaking of Iron Keep:

Do I have to go through Belfry Sol every single time I die to the boss? Because I just got invaded by the same guy, twice in a row.

Fuck.

What, the Old Iron King boss of Iron Keep in the lava area? You shouldn't have to, there's a third bonfire in the area close to it.

Look carefully for a ladder in the fire trap room at the corner which will lead you to a switch that will deactivate the fire trap and a bonfire right next to the boss.

Speaking of Iron Keep:

Fuck.

Thats an optional area, you dont have to go there but follow the second bonfire, the boss bonfire is another one.

Manu

What, the Old Iron King boss of Iron Keep in the lava area? You shouldn't have to, there's a third bonfire in the area close to it.

Look carefully for a ladder in the fire trap room at the corner which will lead you to a switch that will deactivate the fire trap and a bonfire right next to the boss.

Thats an optional area, you dont have to go there but follow the second bonfire, the boss bonfire is another one.

I found it! Thanks.

But I still can't beat this motherfucker. I can't seem to time my rolls well enough.

I found it! Thanks.

But I still can't beat this motherfucker. I can't seem to time my rolls well enough.

Its really hard for melee since he rarely put his hands on the ground, I asked for coop for some ranged miracle guys.

For caster is pretty easy just hit and evade but careful of that damn hole.

Renekton

Its really hard for melee since he rarely put his hands on the ground, I asked for coop for some ranged miracle guys.

For caster is pretty easy just hit and evade but careful of that damn hole.
I swear that hole was very carefully and artfully placed for maximum effectiveness.

Ketch

So I don't know what they changed about the online, but I think it's way better then DS1. I've been invaded 3 times in my first 25 hours and they haven't been rediculously over powered ass holes who kill me in 1 hit. Instead, I handedly beat all 3... one of which I knocked off a cliff in the huntsman's woods.

edit: Also this game is waaaaaaaaaaay easier then the first one. Not sure if that's because I know how to play from beating the first one, or if it's just straight up easier... there's been so many bosses that I've just cruised through on my first try.

I swear that hole was very carefully and artfully placed for maximum effectiveness.
Hahaha, true!

The worst thing you can against Old Iron King is stay near the exit though, it seems to make him only do fire breath and fire laser hand attacks. It's best to stick close to him, side roll dodge his horizontal swipes and attack after vertical smashes. You can also roll through the fire breath although that might be dependent on agility and roll distance - I usually have 15 ADP and keep equip load below 30% so this fight is one of my favourite for co-op grinding since it's quick and easy. I also got lots of practice in after using bonfire ascetics on him during prep for the no bonfire/no death runs, so got used to fighting him at NG+7.

So I don't know what they changed about the online, but I think it's way better then DS1. I've been invaded 3 times in my first 25 hours and they haven't been rediculously over powered ass holes who kill me in 1 hit. Instead, I handedly beat all 3... one of which I knocked off a cliff in the huntsman's woods.
What they changed is the addition of soul memory. Matchmaking no longer takes in to account your soul level at all, only the total number of souls you have ever aqcuired (whether you spent them, lost or still have them). So don't worry, you'll still face overpowered opponents and gank squads, they just come a bit later rather than right at the start :)

Firebrand

edit: Also this game is waaaaaaaaaaay easier then the first one. Not sure if that's because I know how to play from beating the first one, or if it's just straight up easier... there's been so many bosses that I've just cruised through on my first try.
Might be due to them putting cracked red eye orbs in the mansion chest last week. I didn't get invaded once on my first 95 hour playthrough, outside of PvP areas.

That said, online component sure works a ton better than in DS1 PC. The first few days were awesome, you'd put down a summon sign and you'd be summoned in just a few seconds.

So I got through
Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine
. I talked to the
Ancient Dragon
and got the item... I assume I take that back through the door in FoFG?

Doesn't hurt to try.

Yep. Not the only place you can use it though.

Cool, thanks. I am going to have to go back to the
Throne of Want
and see if I can do anything there now too... I beat the boss there earlier but didn't find anywhere to go/anything to do.

yamo

Yes checked some videos and the two big Wiki websites

Seems to be tied to the Steam bug I posted earlier; some achievements worked, and those two I mentioned didn't. Wonders and miracles worked fine.

That sucks! The game seem far from bug free.

I had a bug that made the old mace knight in Heide's Tower not drop the sublime bone dust. Kinda sucks that I can't upgrade my estus flask to max level now.

Mistel

Banned
I had a bug that made the old mace knight in Heide's Tower not drop the sublime bone dust. Kinda sucks that I can't upgrade my estus flask to max level now.
Ascetic the bonfire so the great hammer wielding old knight who drops it respawns.

So I got through
Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine
. I talked to the
Ancient Dragon
and got the item... I assume I take that back through the door in FoFG?

You have to follow the butterflies
marking you the giant's trees, three on the forest of giants
and a hidden one in the
Freya boss dragon corpse

Suppose I can try that, i'm a bit afraid that the enemies will be too tough for me though. Is the difference in enemy strength big?

If you're in the early game and rather poorly equipped, the jump from NG (intensity 1) to NG+ (intensity 2) could be a bit much to handle. Depends on the area though, some are noticeably harder at NG+ as compared to others.

yamo

Think i'll wait a while longer then as i'm still not very far into the game. But still good to know that I can max my estus flask at a later point! :)

Interesting. I didn't know about that weapon. Haven't explored the memories too much. Is it the same pancake moveset as the big clubs?

I think is the one located where you can talk to the capitan guy in the secound encounter near of the guy with the dual club.

Mistel

Banned
Interesting. I didn't know about that weapon. Haven't explored the memories too much. Is it the same pancake moveset as the big clubs?
It has a similar moveset for the 1 handed attack is smash attack with the strong one being slightly slower of the same thing. The two handed is a horizontal swing with the strong being a spin attack.

You should also look into a malformed skull and the gyrm great hammer too. Or orma and reeve if you want to just have a laugh whilst doing things.

Mistel

Banned
so i'm LTTP on this ... is there anywhere to go first outside Majula besides Heide's Tower of Flame?
Forest of the fallen giants, the grave of the saints, and shaded woods are what Majula directly connects to. You should search for the forest of the fallen giants.

so i'm LTTP on this ... is there anywhere to go first outside Majula besides Heide's Tower of Flame?

Depending

Priests/miracle spells/Sorcerers < Heide tower-No Mans dwarf - bastille
Melee guys < Forest of giants - fortress - Bastille
Dextery weapons < heide tower - shaded wood - iron keep
YOLO - Gutter - Black gutter - ????

Top Bottom