• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Soulhouf

That's a bit of an extreme balance, no? Surely 5 or 6 would have been more appropriate?

Started the game at launch but dipped out around April when I was up to Drangleic Castle. Looks like I should think about re-specing my faith build before I carry on any further :/

Nope because soul spear is as powerful and only has 3 uses already.

Everything looks pretty good and more balanced so far.

New meta is the old meta it seems. Welcome back. They'll probably follow up with an adjustment patch later on.

Which is kind of sad. Patching a patch, B-team?

You can't stunlock with it anymore.

chunk3rvd

Nope because soul spear is as powerful and only has 3 uses already.

Everything looks pretty good and more balanced so far.

Ah, guess you're right. I'm sure it's an ongoing process and they'll reach a happy medium eventually. I think they did a good job with DS1 in the end - almost hard to remember how crazy the first game played back before any balance patches started dropping

Jaeger

Some industrious minds have already found the things that the DLC is going to add in the patch.
3 rings: One that increases damage according to how low your equip weight is, another that has a chance to deflect spells(?) and a third that increases lightning damage at the cost of defenses.
3 spells
2 armor sets, and some hats and things. Among them are gloves that increase poison damage, probably like the Rat Ring.
4(?) weapons: A sword, greatsword and a spear and/or axe that works like a halberd.
Items that add temporary stat boosts.
PC players, watch out for invaders/hosts with new-looking armor and weapons.

New meta is the old meta it seems. Welcome back. They'll probably follow up with an adjustment patch later on.

Which is kind of sad. Patching a patch, B-team?

Any images of these yet?

Ruuppa

Any images of these yet?

There are dozens of them on 4chan's general (/dsg/), along with most of their descriptive texts. I'm a bit hesitant to grab them and host them somewhere else, since y'know, spoilers. And laziness.

Much better than 4chan right here :D

Edit: The guy on the stream said Monastery Scimitar's parry got returned to what it was pre-nerf. Hope it wasn't correct.

Soulhouf

Did they change the Mundane scaling?
uluevp.JPG

My lowest stat is 1 (int).

Soulhouf

It's not in the patch-notes IIRC. I'll check.

E: Did a check on the patch-notes: No mention of changing Mundane scaling.

I just checked and it seems they did something to the ladle.
That must be it.

Edit: perhaps it's always been like that. I'm not very familiar with mundane, but the damage bonus looks pretty high with the lowest stat = 1.

Ruuppa

I just checked and it seems they did something to the ladle.
That must be it.

Edit: perhaps it's always been like that. I'm not very familiar with mundane, but it looks pretty high with only 1 lowest stat.

Pretty crazy to shoot up to +100 with Mundane with 1 as your lowest stat.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Also worth noting number of spear usages were cut by ~half. And rather than having buffed damage like the notes say, their damage was decreased. Probably a bug.
Great Lightning Spear uses reduced from 8 to 3...
Good. These spears were ridiculously game-breaking.

In other news, Raw Saniter's Spear +5 attack rating increased from 220 to 385. lol wut.
Wow, WTF? How about a Mundane Santier with, say, ~22 in every stat?

Yeah I was hoping for 5, 3 is fucking ridiculous, :****(
Seems like this was just for PVP players and fucked over PVE players :/ melee is boring.

Shame really wish I was sl 300 now imam have to get my spells up to like 8 or 10 slots

:**********(
Fuck u very much FROM. <:/
Boo ooh, right? Now you're gonna have to get good instead of spamming long-ranged OP spells and 3 shotting bosses. The horror.

...Or not, since you could just pop in an Amber Herb, which can be sold in infinite numbers. -_-

I'm so glad I completed my last mindless NG+4 Lightning Run before the nerfs hit lol.

The nerfs were needed, but I didn't think they'd go so far as to completely neuter Lightning lol. There's no conceivable reason why you'd pick it over Sorceries/Pyromancies/Hexes now.

No more 109 GLS spell casts for you and me now with the Hexer's Hood lol.

He just got all or most of the DLC weapons, armor and the rings and is about to start testing them so if you're into that, it'll be good.
I see that. From hackers...
this is mostly pvp stuff so not interested. and there will be spoilers from the look of it.

So they reduced lightning damage, but there is a ring that boost lightning damage in the DLC.
Nothing make sense.

Xeroblade

I see that. From hackers...
this is mostly pvp stuff so not interested. and there will be spoilers from the look of it.

So they reduced lightning damage, but there is a ring that boost lightning damage in the DLC.
Nothing make sense.

but that rings also lowers the users defense. I guess we will see how much soon.

Skab

My game patched earlier this morning but I didn't have a chance to check what it was. Was it this big patch or something else? (On Steam.)

Jaeger

I love that ppl can't run and Estus chug anymore. It's like some of these PVP players have no clue what to do. Near death, they run... and don't do anything. I chase and kill each time. lol

but that rings also lowers the users defense. I guess we will see how much soon.
what.

so with my lightweight build, i'm double fucked : takes one ring slot and lower defense which is already low.
My guess is they did that with only heavy armor users in mind...

bah, i suppose i'm gonna die in 2 hits instead of 3 ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯.

Xeroblade

what.

so with my lightweight build, i'm double fucked : takes one ring slot and lower defense which is already low.
My guess is they did that with only heavy armor users in mind...

bah, i suppose i'm gonna die in 2 hits instead of 3 ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯.

About that Lighting boost ring.

I meant that lighting ring that boost lightning damage, when used it lowers the users defense. Also Oro just tested the ring he hit at 316 and with it on 328 not too much of a difference also took 8 extra damage points when he had it on, yes i know it would be completely different depending on stats but to me that ring isnt worth it.

I really didnt notice it. Is it that bad? its never bothered me.....dont hate me for it.
Enemies are faster, parry timing is fucked, durability is going down 2X faster (so the warning message is useless)...

Didn't know it either back in the beginning. Was wondering why i can't land a single parry. People got use to it i suppose.
Note : i'm a PC player only.

Xeroblade

Enemies are faster, parry timing is fucked, durability is going down 2X faster (so the warning message is useless)...

Didn't know it either back in the beginning. Was wondering why i can't land a single parry. People got use to it i suppose.
Note : i'm a PC player only.

I knew about the whole durability thing because of the frames but those other things i never noticed. I started on PS3 but most of my souls time is on PC.

About that Lighting boost ring.

I meant that lighting ring that boost lightning damage, when used it lowers the users defense. Also Oro just tested the ring he hit at 316 and with it on 328 not too much of a difference also took 8 extra damage points when he had it on, yes i know it would be completely different depending on stats but to me that ring isnt worth it.
yeah, looks like that ring is useless.
And so does
the ring that increase your damage proportionally to equipement load. The damage boost is worthless.

Ruuppa

I knew about the whole durability thing because of the frames but those other things i never noticed. I started on PS3 but most of my souls time is on PC.

Have you tried maining one of the Great Hammers? You can barely get from bonfire to bonfire without them breaking like porcelain. You have to carry like, 3 of them. And the damn Alonne Knights, dang. The speed on them.

The Glass Cannon ring seems broken at this point in time. The lightning ring might be worth it, if you have a really high lightning modifier naturally on your weapon.

Xeroblade

Have you tried maining one of the Great Hammers? You can barely get from bonfire to bonfire without them breaking like porcelain. You have to carry like, 3 of them. And the damn Alonne Knights, dang. The speed on them.

The Glass Cannon ring seems broken at this point in time. The lightning ring might be worth it, if you have a really high lightning modifier naturally on your weapon.

Alright thats fair, I use the grym axe hammer but for pvp only and yeah it pretty much breaks after 2 fights, i guess i thought thats what it was suppose to do lol. And yeah that ring may have some hidden potential, I am sure eventually we will see it.

ElTopo

Banned
Yeah, you also notice the Durability bug with the Dragon Tooth. Just killing 5-6 grunts will pretty much leave you at 10 Durability.

Ruuppa

Yeah, you also notice the Durability bug with the Dragon Tooth. Just killing 5-6 grunts will pretty much leave you at 10 Durability.

You want to see something funny, you go kill the dogs after the Gargoyles into one big pile. Then do a 2HR2 onto them with a Great Hammer that has a ground pound. Snap crackle and pop.

ElTopo

Banned
Yeah, I really hate the nerf on the Firestorm/Chaos Firestorm. It's already a Pyromancy that leaves you wide open but now without them multi-hitting they're worthless. I nailed two Phantoms perfectly with it after leading them down a corridor, it knocked them down, but it only did 400 damage (took them down to about 75%).

Why the fuck did they nerf it?

Nuklear

Banned
I usually love playing Magic classes but From really has taken all the fun in playing a magic class from the constant spell nerfs and the micro-managing of spells uses. I'm a pack-rat by nature and it really makes my OCD kick in on saving my better spells for when I really need them just in case.

I usually love playing Magic classes but From really has taken all the fun in playing a magic class from the constant spell nerfs and the micro-managing of spells uses. I'm a pack-rat by nature and it really makes my OCD kick in on saving my better spells for when I really need them just in case.

I am familiar with that but still those attunements nerfs are crazy.

I guess Dark is the new miracle class.

Top Bottom