• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Can anyone recommend any good youtube or twitch channels for PvE (preferably non mage heavy)? I like vageta311, but he hasn't streamed in a couple of months.

Letofski has been uploading vids of his SL1, Cov of Champs, no healing, no magic, no items, and whatever else is squeezed in there playthrough on his YouTube channel.

Didnt "lets play" is about doing jokes and first runs? I avoid those videos like plage.

First runs, yes, and usually jokes, but not always. Kay's is a first run, but she doesn't joke much: Someone made a thread about her run. It's been interesting while I play for the first time to see what she does differently (she is so much more patient than I am).

Pat is really familiar with the game. The LP has him guide a noobie (Woolie) through it.

Interesting, I'll check it out. Still looking for suggestions for any other streamers/youtubers who are doing interesting melee challenges, etc.

Letofski has been uploading vids of his SL1, Cov of Champs, no healing, no magic, no items, and whatever else is squeezed in there playthrough on his YouTube channel.

Edit: I missed this the first time. Thanks, looks interesting.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So the Dragon Aerie is pretty, but holy fuck is it a boring place to actually explore. Guardian Dragon was super easy too with a +10 Lightning Broadsword

ElTopo

Banned
Ooh... Red Iron Twinblade so GDLK now. I leveled that thing up to +10 (I have a Melee build) and I'm doing 340 damage and I haven't even got it up to RAW status yet. I annihilated the Executioner's Chariot with it, each 2 hit combo took off almost 25% of it's health.

Mistel

Banned
Ooh... Red Iron Twinblade so GDLK now. I leveled that thing up to +10 (I have a Melee build) and I'm doing 340 damage and I haven't even got it up to RAW status yet. I annihilated the Executioner's Chariot with it, each 2 hit combo took off almost 25% of it's health.
It's even better with the A strength scaling which you will loose when you make it raw. Unless you are just going minimum stats which is doubtful for a melee build.

So the Dragon Aerie is pretty, but holy fuck is it a boring place to actually explore. Guardian Dragon was super easy too with a +10 Lightning Broadsword

Outside the pretty obvious detour near of the last bridge there is zero exploration outside hunting the crystal lizards

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just a few more days until that DLC!!

I went to the DLC area, thought it had already launched and placed a summon sign. Boy did I feel stupid half an hour later. :lol.

There's creepy whispers right at the beginning of the DLC area :(

Oh jeez, I spoiled myself on the DLC. I'm pretty disappointed. I thought it would be Artorias expac 2.0, it's not, it really isn't :-/. 30th can wait I guess.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh jeez, I spoiled myself on the DLC. I'm pretty disappointed. I thought it would be Artorias expac 2.0, it's not, it really isn't :-/. 30th can wait I guess.

Spoilers, where???? I saw some images from it along with dialogue from an NPC which made it seem like it was actually cut content from the game :(

Jaeger

You are aware that there are 3 pieces of DLC coming out? I'm guessing combined, it will be more content than Artorias offered, if all three parts contain as much as the first one does.

You are aware that there are 3 pieces of DLC coming out? I'm guessing combined, it will be more content than Artorias offered, if all three parts contain as much as the first one does.

I won't say anything. I refuse to say anything. I refuse to speak. If I'm wrong I'll kiss that Giant Crow Lady.

ElTopo

Banned
It's even better with the A strength scaling which you will loose when you make it raw. Unless you are just going minimum stats which is doubtful for a melee build.

Thanks for the tip. Red Iron Twinblade is my new main and my Raw Claymore is my secondary.

Unlocked all of the Primal Bonfires now. Going to try to mess around and get the Dark Lurker (I also like the drops for the Belfry Gargoyles in NG+). Chorlanthy Ring+2 was so worth taking on Executioner's Chariot again.

That fucking Phantom in Iron Keep with the Turtle armor guarding the last bonfire was a huge bitch. I hate fighting Phantoms like that where it looks like they should be out of Stamina or in Recovery but no, they fake you out and do massive damage.

I think I'll just stop playing PVP until I've finished the DLC, reading about all the people who have modded/edited in the new items already is bumming me out. I'd like to experience that nice sense of discovery on my own so I'll probably play the DLC in offline mode as well.

Jaeger

I think I'll just stop playing PVP until I've finished the DLC, reading about all the people who have modded/edited in the new items already is bumming me out. I'd like to experience that nice sense of discovery on my own so I'll probably play the DLC in offline mode as well.

Glad I'm on Xbox.

ElTopo

Banned
So, question regarding Red Phantoms (Not Human Invaders) what is the strategy against these guys? The one in Iron Keep pissed me off so much and it just felt like complete luck to beat him. I'm stuck on one with a giant hammer and what pisses me off most is that they seem to have infinite stamina which makes it extremely difficult to gauge when it's safe to attack. And when I do attack it doesn't stun them, I get hit, and I get stunned.

There has to be a relatively easy way to kill these guys. Because trying to strafe them or roll past an attack and back stab them is just not an option.

GorillaJu

So, question regarding Red Phantoms (Not Human Invaders) what is the strategy against these guys? The one in Iron Keep pissed me off so much and it just felt like complete luck to beat him. I'm stuck on one with a giant hammer and what pisses me off most is that they seem to have infinite stamina which makes it extremely difficult to gauge when it's safe to attack. And when I do attack it doesn't stun them, I get hit, and I get stunned.

There has to be a relatively easy way to kill these guys. Because trying to strafe them or roll past an attack and back stab them is just not an option.

Try climbing up the ladder where he spawns and knocking it off the edge.

The NG+ phantoms in Tseldora are hte worst for me :(

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Looking forward to the dlc. Just checked and luckily I don't have to replay anything with my NG+ guy, already unlocked black gulch bf.

ElTopo

Banned
Try climbing up the ladder where he spawns and knocking it off the edge.

The NG+ phantoms in Tseldora are hte worst for me :(

I somehow managed to stun lock that one. I don't know how.

I just managed to beat the one at Drangelic Castle. Basically, I just spammed him with Fireballs while running away, which took him down to half health. Then basically kept running away, get a swing, run away, somehow able to chug an Estus, and get another swing.

The two Pursuer's was a surprise. But at least I found the Bonfire there.

loooooooool

http://a.pomf.se/pnqnui.webm

I've seen the same thing happen with Avelyns where the shooter's arm would bend all crazily to follow the opponent.

• Improvements made to the tracking of the following Spells

o Soul Spear Barrage

original

Ruuppa

Both of those don't even have FTH scaling they have INT scaling. You can still infuse your weapons with lightning to gain FTH scaling usually B.

Heide Knight Sword is pretty popular for FTH builds. Starts out at C-scaling with FTH, and moves on to B when upgraded as Lightning. It has natural Lightning damage even uninfused, so the Lightning damage is a bit higher than some other choices like the Sun Sword.

All Heide weapons are the same way, so you have a Spear, Straight sword and a Lance to choose from. Dragonslayer Spear is also pretty excellent now, since the patch buffed it up a lot.

Jaeger

There's tons of hacked characters on the consoles as well. More saved-game edits than invul cheaters, but still.

I wouldn't be surprised. But it's not like PVP or item hacking in the PC version in the least bit. The worries of the average console player and nowhere near the same as a PC player.

Ruuppa

I wouldn't be surprised. But it's not like PVP or item hacking in the PC version in the least bit. The worries of the average console player and nowhere near the same as a PC player.

Especially since it's so easy and completely unpunishable.

Most people who I know that use hacks mostly use them to get cool builds off the ground fast for PVP, which I don't really fault them for; Farming for some items is really annoying.

ZimbAdam

Bleurgh. I'm right at the end of my first run through the game and half-way through I'd decided to turn my strength/dex build into a strength/faith one. I've put loads of points into faith and next to none into attunement, considering I have the ring that gives you extra attunement slots. Now all my offensive miracles are shit as fuck. I really wish I'd given it a final push before the update.

Guess I'll have to use a soul vessel and rebuild my character before continuing. Anyone got any tips? Is it worth moving my points in faith to intelligence or should I just invest in strength/dex and use bows as my ranged option? Or should I just press on with my current stats, considering I've spent so much resources on my main lightning weapons (I've got a +10 Lightning Heide Knight Sword and a +10 Lightning Priest's Chime, and I don't have a readily available source of titanite chunks) and can use spell refill items or whatever? I can't really decide and I don't want to wreck my character...

Mistel

Banned
Bleurgh. I'm right at the end of my first run through the game and half-way through I'd decided to turn my strength/dex build into a strength/faith one. I've put loads of points into faith and next to none into attunement, considering I have the ring that gives you extra attunement slots. Now all my offensive miracles are shit as fuck. I really wish I'd given it a final push before the update.

Guess I'll have to use a soul vessel and rebuild my character before continuing. Anyone got any tips? Is it worth moving my points in faith to intelligence or should I just invest in strength/dex and use bows as my ranged option? Or should I just press on with my current stats, considering I've spent so much resources on my main lightning weapons (I've got a +10 Lightning Heide Knight Sword and a +10 Lightning Priest's Chime, and I don't have a readily available source of titanite chunks) and can use spell refill items or whatever? I can't really decide and I don't want to wreck my character...
You can use those current weapons with your current build as the Heide knight sword is a decent sword even when not infused once infused it gets B FTH scaling. You could just bump DEX to the lowest requirement for a bow and still be good to go. Or you could just go back to STR/DEX.
Heide Knight Sword is pretty popular for FTH builds. Starts out at C-scaling with FTH, and moves on to B when upgraded as Lightning. It has natural Lightning damage even uninfused, so the Lightning damage is a bit higher than some other choices like the Sun Sword.

All Heide weapons are the same way, so you have a Spear, Straight sword and a Lance to choose from. Dragonslayer Spear is also pretty excellent now, since the patch buffed it up a lot.
It's buff a bit not that substantially. All of the spears fared quite well due to the update in respect to buff and scaling improvements. Shame there's not other Heide knight weapons more on the STR orientated side of things.

Top Bottom