• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
So is there going to be weapons and armor for the other 2 parts? or is this it?
There will most likely be new content in each of the respective dlc's. As the next one is the crown of the iron king I can imagine there's going to be lots of weapons and armor.

In other news the flamberge now has S dex scaling.

Apologies if there's already a solution to this somewhere in the thread, but I seem to have run into a glitch with the Pilgrim of the Dark Covenant. I've lit all the fires in the three areas, and talking to Grandahl will not give me rank 2. Looking elsewhere online hasn't been helpful, so I'm pretty much at a loss as to whether I can
fight the Darklurker
in this play through.

Apologies if there's already a solution to this somewhere in the thread, but I seem to have run into a glitch with the Pilgrim of the Dark Covenant. I've lit all the fires in the three areas, and talking to Grandahl will not give me rank 2. Looking elsewhere online hasn't been helpful, so I'm pretty much at a loss as to whether I can
fight the Darklurker
in this play through.

You have to talk to him in his respective area to unlock the last area.

neoism

well I played it awhile and it really is better... I still have 12 GLS and lol HT is still OP as fuck and it has 6 uses lol... I just changed to a more DEF build and its just as good... lol got 50VIG 50FAT and 50 ADP. only need 20 STR for my RAW Murakumo +10. <3 I feel like I have to pay more attention and that is a good thing...
Glad the July 22nd item is a Black Murakumo, but its got the same stats though :(
lol I'm thinking about makin the DLC bonfire intensity 9 at the start. :p

ElTopo

Banned
I beat The Duke's Dear Freja. It felt like the minion spiders were more aggressive this time. They would chase me a lot longer but all the rest of spiders in that area weren't nearly as aggressive.

&#8226; Decreased the amount of attack power of the following weapons
o Drangleic Sword
o Defender Greatsword
o Large Club (Strong Attack only)
o Pickaxe (Strong Attack only)
o Great Club (Strong Attack only)
o Gyrm Great Hammer (Strong Attack only)

Why?

Why?

Why? Would you do this? Why the 2H?

Almost nobody uses clubs for pvp. Shit was hard enough as it is with the constant invincibility frame roll ensured back stabs and the damn P2P lag. Sure you can do a R1 180, but that shit isn't free, you gotta aim and hope the skinny hitbox doesn't roll off when the models connect awkwardly.

1H R2 has to be sweet spotted most of the time, and the followup isn't worth the surprise when the opponent most likely has a faster swing than you. Running 1H/2H R1 is meh.

To the point, 2H R2 is telegraphed as fuck. You can easily sweet spot roll it just like the R1. Or easily evade. But the payoff was worth it. The immediate followup is risky, but can surprise, so the payoff damage was worth it.

I'll admit, 2H R1 + 2H R2 was could potentially stunlock, but that had the stipulation of actually landing the 2H R1. Plus, I've had plenty of people roll away from the second hit. All that needed was a quicker wakup type deal for the opponent.

Dual wielding suffered from the same issues, plus a shit ton of stamina usage for ANY attack, but had perks of its own.

Now all us few sad fucks get is the scaling. Yes, thank you FROM.

Fuck yes I'm salty as hell right now.

sora87

I hadn't played this in other a month due to general can't be assedness, started it up last night and a lovely sunbro pretty much took me through Iron Keep and killed the boss for me (I fired off a lot of magic to help though). If only he would accompany me through the rest of the game I might actually finish it xD

Yep. I know of TW & TD and Edd Edd n Eddy having that issue. 2H also smashes almost everything to the ground in PvE. Not a club problem. That's a boss/enemy design problem. Maybe they shouldn't run at you in a straight line.

Nuking damage doesn't solve that shit.

Hopefully poise MAYBE working was worth this bullshit.

Am...am I the only one who locks the frame rate to 30 to get past the durability bug?... Every Souls I've played has been 30, so I don't really mind....please forgive me.

My game patched earlier this morning but I didn't have a chance to check what it was. Was it this big patch or something else? (On Steam.)

Not only does this patch include the big changes list from the regulations file, it's also the DLC content being downloaded. If you go where the entrance is, you'll see it and can interact with it.

ElTopo

Banned
Am...am I the only one who locks the frame rate to 30 to get past the durability bug?... Every Souls I've played has been 30, so I don't really mind....please forgive me.

Ewe. 30FPS is so ugly.

Made my way through Etheren Park. Didn't notice anything too different unfortunately. Covetous Demon is still easy as shit. I was looking forward to fighting a harder version of him because I like his design and the gimmick he has. Also killed Mytha. Unlocked Ornifex and have Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword
(and yes I know Straid has it)
. Skipping a lot of the detours because I already went through them pretty thoroughly on my first play through.

Kinda' dreading what the Iron Keep holds in NG+. I think once I'm through Iron Keep I'll try to go after the DarkLurker and the bonus bosses.

For Pyromancy; what do you guys think is better? Acid Surge or Toxic Mist? My setup used to be: Fireball, Firesurge, Heat, Flame Weapon. But with the severe and unnecessary nerf applied to Firesurge and Chaos Storm I've been looking for more. I prefer a PVE setup and have an additional Fireball and Flame Swaith pyromancies to give me some added range (My Faith and Intelligence are really low).

ElTopo

Banned
Wtf I finally have a chance to play this game again and suddenly its,fucking hard as hell! I went from 19 lightning spears to 6!

No offense but I'm grinning a little. Because you know DSP (who went with a Lightning Spear spamming build) is going to play the DLC and it will be hopefully very amusing to see his crutch taken away from him.

Ruuppa

What do you mean? Using a third party app to lock frame rate shouldn't mess with anything. I use rivatuner myself.

Yeeess.. Now that I think about it more than not at all, it's all client-side calculation. I was only concerned because the FPS affects a lot of things, that if you get hit during a roll on the other player's side you wouldn't really get hit at all on your side because your roll frames were on 30FPS or.. Something like that.

Key to the Embedded is pretty good now. On a dex build and it does more damage than Rapier+10.

Too bad you lose it permanently if you actually use it. A dual Keyblade build? Heh. Welcome to Kingdom Hearts.

Mistel

Banned
Red Iron Twinblade
Before: 180+77
After: 340+112

Wait what? That's a tremendous buff o_O
I'm happy with most of the changes though.
It scales A with strength too so even better strength weapon(minus it being paper mache). Don't think anything else gained that much other than old knight hammer with before and after difference of 100. 400 to 500.

K' Dash

I just bought this last night to give it a whirl with my new GTX 780, and GODDAM it took me a while to get used to the combat again, specially when I spent all my morning trying to kill the Dragon Rider with the defaul armor, broken sword and first shield, doesn't help that they take away to health bar bit by bit every time you die, fuck.

After some tries I gave up on the Dragon Rider and went to the forest, again with nothing but the default everything, farmed some sould there, found the key for the blacksmith and bought my Axe, went again to the forest, farmed a little bit more to buy a shield and went to the dragon rider and kicked his ass, with the souls bough myself a nice Elite Knight Suit.

It was a lot of work, I'm rusty and I lost a lot of time, but daaayum, this game is sweet once you find your moves again.

Does anyone know some config for this game on Nvidia cards to get the most of it? I'm new to the brand and haven't fooled around much, just cranked everything to the highest settings and forced triple buffering, vsync and all the AA I could from Nvidia control panel.

Good game so far.

The nerf to GLS and the Defender Greatsword put me in a bad mood for the dlc. They should have timed it differently so I don't have to respec just for the dlc.

I guess it will be a fresh experience regardless.

Top Bottom