• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Ruuppa

Who even decides these meta's?

The community/communities, I suppose. It's what happened with Dark Souls 1, and at the SL (100 - 125 IIRC) that was "agreed" in that there really is a lot of PVP going on.

I think DkS2 SL meta had a lot of inheritance from DkS1, with a lot of people moving on from that and setting their builds' SL caps accordingly to about the same. It was adjusted upwards due to DkS2 adding a couple of extra stats, and some other factors.

Of course it hardly matters because of SM, unless you use metacap, keep save backups of your PVP characters or use hacks.

Aurongel

I am not surprised about the reskinned enemies but a boss?.

Ok i'm definitely waiting for feedback now.
No day one for me.

need more information

Take this with a grain of salt but a streamer I was watching showcased...

REAL DLC BOSS SPOILER:
A white reskin of Kalameet named Sinh, complete with a similar moveset and the psychic levitating grab attack.

I only caught the stream right before the fog gate so it caught me completely by surprise. I'll just say the fight really rubbed me the wrong way with regards to that similarity. The reactions in the comments were very caustic about it.

neoism

so guys do you need the item that you get from the dragon to get in the dlc... the shes thing forgot the items name?j

so guys do you need the item that you get from the dragon to get in the dlc... the shes thing forgot the items name?j

The dragon claw just appears in your inventory when you download the DLC

REAL DLC BOSS SPOILER:
A white reskin of Kalameet named Sinh, complete with a similar moveset and the psychic levitating grab attack.

I only caught the stream right before the fog gate so it caught me completely by surprise. I'll just say the fight really rubbed me the wrong way with regards to that similarity. The reactions in the comments were very caustic about it.

There is also
Seath
model for the mummy dragon down there, also it was hinted since thats the same guy of this trailer which is the same model for
Kalameet

v1perz53

Does anyone have a good resource that is reasonably up to date on weapon scaling? Mostly interested in Lightning imbued scaling for a faith build. Just wasted 15 dragon bones upgrading a Lightning Defender Greatsword only to find out that while non-imbued it dropped one from B to C lightning, when imbued it dropped 2 from S to B, basically making it do less damage than my lightning Claymore. Couldn't find any wiki that was actually up to date on the imbued scaling changes.

Really just looking for a harder hitting weapon than my claymore with good lightning scaling to mess around with, but I can't find any good up to date wiki. Do any weapons even have higher than a B faith scaling now? I want to confirm before I waste a ton of time/mats upgrading something only to realize it isn't what I thought.

So one of the DLC bosses is reskinned?? I dont know...I want to look into it but since I'm using my freee MS bucks from Gamestop I'll still probably get it..I just dont want to be disappointed again by DS2 :/

GorillaJu

jbeHaxKfsG2dl8.png

Took a few ascetics to farm these aesthetics.

GorillaJu

Hey guys, was thinking of starting a new game as a mage, I've never played as one...what should I go with, pyromancy looks like the best?

Miracles scale from FTH
Sorceries scale from INT
Hexes scale per every point in each
Pyromancies scale from every two points in either, but the bonus is rather small, making the biggest increases come from upgrading your pyromancy flame with fire seeds

Miracles are mostly defensive and utility with a few nukes
Hexes are mostly offensive with one or two defensive thrown in
Pyromancies share some elements with hex (such as poison fog), some elements with Sorceries and some elements with Miracles
Sorceries have pretty much everything, no poison though.

You can generally do all of them on one character but I think most people prefer to specialize.

ElTopo

Banned
I finally got the ring of the King and checked out the King's Gate at Drangelic. To my surprise I was allowed in and I could fight the duo. I died (largely because I just got impatient) but I wonder if I can go straight to Nashandra. I wouldn't mind bypassing that entire section with Ancient Dragon.

Coldsun

Banned
I finally got the ring of the King and checked out the King's Gate at Drangelic. To my surprise I was allowed in and I could fight the duo. I died (largely because I just got impatient) but I wonder if I can go straight to Nashandra. I wouldn't mind bypassing that entire section with Ancient Dragon.

No, you can't go straight to Nashandra as she won't spawn until you've gone through the Ancient Dragon + the kinship.

hmm, anyone else having troubles getting their game to update? Mine's being stuck on "Preparing to launch Dark Souls 2..."

nvm, steam updated and I'm downloading the update

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

REAL DLC BOSS SPOILER:

Other boss spoilers

From what I saw on streams, none of the three are unique. One is a squad of 3 Abyss people (Havel et al.) and the other is a more aggressive Nashandra clone than has the ability to summon things to help her, though some of the summoned things can be other bosses. Velstadt was getting summoned.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So that required dragon tooth item should appear in your inventory once the dlc unlocks right? Parked right in front of the locked door, ready for this.

Other boss spoilers

From what I saw on streams, none of the three are unique. One is a squad of 3 Abyss people (Havel et al.) and the other is a more aggressive Nashandra clone than has the ability to summon things to help her, though some of the summoned things can be other bosses. Velstadt was getting summoned.

Well final nail in the coffin for me.
I'm not paying more than 10$ for this. This is pathetic.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Kinda seems like I played this game years ago yet it was only like 3-4 months. I had a blast, but it also left me with emptiness. Like in the end there was something missing. Still I'm so pumped for the DLC. I haven't followed the news though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
SAY WHAT?!

Well final nail in the coffin for me.
I'm not paying more than 10$ for this. This is pathetic.

I mean maybe wait for full footage or other impressions to see for yourself, but those boss spoilers are true.
Despite the rehashing, the Kalameet reskin is apparently a pretty fun boss

Boss Spoilers
http://a.pomf.se/nhrgkt dot webm
http://i.imgur.com/rpZKwuo.jpg

Open those to see for yourselves :v

Coldsun

Banned
Ugh, corrosive insects? UGH.

3-4 hours to complete? That's it? They better deliver with the next two chapters. I want at least 8 hours of content per chapter.

Not going to happen.

Personally, 3-4 hours of additional content per chapter seems totally inline with my expectations.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I mean maybe wait for full footage or other impressions to see for yourself, but those boss spoilers are true.
Despite the rehashing, the Kalameet reskin is apparently a pretty fun boss

It's not that I'm disappointed, it just
sounds difficult!

Kalameet is one of the best boss battles of the generation. I'm proud to say I solo'd that mutha back in the day.

Top Bottom