• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Wow. I'm actually kind of relieved that my only option for the DLC is an SL250 character. From the footage, It looks like it could get pretty painful and I don't know if I'm willing to go through such an experience.

GorillaJu

We in!

ibt1dEJmrZgmwV.png

Have fun boys

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
FYI you can hack items now that, if dropped and picked up by someone, will ruin your save. So don't pick up random items, I guess?

lol

hetdau1.jpg

'peeve' just picked this up on stream. Save ruined!

e: Aw used cheat engine to revert.

zkylon

zkylewd
so how do you start this damn thing

i was expecting the chest to have a clue or something but from done trolled me good

GorillaJu

so how do you start this damn thing

i was expecting the chest to have a clue or something but from done trolled me good

Just play through the whole game again until you find it. Just kidding:

Go to the primal bonfire after the Rotten boss room

ElTopo

Banned
I get the feeling that you can blast through this DLC in one night. I can't be the only one.

Anywho, I just beat NG+. Beat everyone except Ancient Dragon and Vendrick. Going to work on that after messing around with the DLC.

Current loadout is looking good; I've maxed out DEX at 40, VGR at 50, STR at 50. My END is at 30, is it worth pumping it up more? Same applies to my ADP which is at 20. My VIT is at 38, ATN at 22, INT at 10 and FTH at 6.

Definitely rounding off VIT at 40. Not sure about leveling up Faith because Pyromancy is already the weakest of all the magic out there.

Also noticed something funny about the Duo Pursuer encounter at Drangelic Castle. I started immediately attacking the one on the right because I want that Ring of Blades +2 and I was tyring to dodge and block both of their attacks, then the other one nailed me with Curse (of course I was already Hollow) and then fucked off leaving me with the other one which I easily killed and got the Ring of Blades.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just play through the whole game again until you find it. Just kidding:

Go to the primal bonfire after the Rotten boss room
thanks, tho i was having trouble just getting the dlc started

turns out you have to warp to banjula (not just rest there) for the dragon talon thingie to appear

explored and found the dlc area already, pretty excited :>

The Death Obelisk's scratched out side tells you almost exactly where to go
wow hadn't thought about this

i tried talking to everyone around majula and was pretty sure there was gonna be a hint inside the chest but using obelisk is a cool thing

Ruuppa

I get the feeling that you can blast through this DLC in one night. I can't be the only one.

Anywho, I just beat NG+. Beat everyone except Ancient Dragon and Vendrick. Going to work on that after messing around with the DLC.

Current loadout is looking good; I've maxed out DEX at 40, VGR at 50, STR at 50. My END is at 30, is it worth pumping it up more? Same applies to my ADP which is at 20. My VIT is at 38, ATN at 22, INT at 10 and FTH at 6.

Definitely rounding off VIT at 40. Not sure about leveling up Faith because Pyromancy is already the weakest of all the magic out there.

Also noticed something funny about the Duo Pursuer encounter at Drangelic Castle. I started immediately attacking the one on the right because I want that Ring of Blades +2 and I was tyring to dodge and block both of their attacks, then the other one nailed me with Curse (of course I was already Hollow) and then fucked off leaving me with the other one which I easily killed and got the Ring of Blades.

Pyromancy got a big buff in the last patch. All the -ball Pyromancies now fly really far and pretty fast, with improved tracking. With some of the debuffs to Sorceries, Hexes and especially Miracles, Pyromancy is quite a bit better choice than it was. Lingering Flame is beastmode.

Casting the -balls is weird though; It feels like you're throwing them with your wrong hand when you look at their arc.

If people are really impatient and want to spoil themselves, video footage of said bosses are already accessible on a certain popular (well the most) streaming website.

sarcoa

Ugh, corrosive insects? UGH.

3-4 hours to complete? That's it? They better deliver with the next two chapters. I want at least 8 hours of content per chapter.
For what it's worth Crown of the Sunken King took me ten hours. I play extremely slow and methodical, though.

GorillaJu

Haven't played for a month or so and jumped back in for the DLC. Am I crazy or did they massively nerf lifegems of all qualities?

Not that I've noticed.

from what I've played of the COTSK it's a generally higher quality than the rest of DS2. Great atmosphere, tighter spaces, more 3-dimensional level design.

Parmenide

I "converted" my faith build into a faith/hexer one. Since lightning weapons and infuse now sucks what's a good option for dark scaling?

Minamu

Interestingly enough, my character started with 18 great lightning spears today, first time playing since the patch, but once I died, it dropped to six :( With so few spells, what's the new strategy for easily beating the Giant King, my main source of leveling souls? :/

GorillaJu

Interestingly enough, my character started with 18 great lightning spears today, first time playing since the patch, but once I died, it dropped to six :( With so few spells, what's the new strategy for easily beating the Giant King, my main source of leveling souls? :/

Go up and smash his big fat ugly toes.

I "converted" my faith build into a faith/hexer one. Since lightning weapons and infuse now sucks what's a good option for dark scaling?

My favorite weapon is Silverblack Sickle, which has S scaling I believe very good scaling when infused Dark. Has very very high AR when buffed with Dark Weapon. Only problem is its rare as fuck.

Ruuppa

Silverblack Sickle and Silverblack Spear both have innate Dark damage, so they're not bad choices. Both got buffed in the last patch as well. Crypt Blacksword has S-scaling in Dark, but is one of the most fragile weapons in the game.

Most weapons get to B-scaling when infused with Dark at +10, so just find one with a moveset you like and stick with it.

Parmenide

Crypt Blacksword has S-scaling in Dark, but is one of the most fragile weapons in the game.
Thank you guys.

Well, I really like the design of that weapon so it will be my choice.
Btw, any lore speculation about Nito and Darkness? Wasn't Darkness related to the Abyss? Nito didn't receive the Dark Soul and he was an allay of Gwyn but still he was able to use that power, a power wich can kill Gods (as stated in the description of the Dark Ember for DS1).

Ruuppa

My favorite weapon is Silverblack Sickle, which has S scaling I believe very good scaling when infused Dark. Has very very high AR when buffed with Dark Weapon. Only problem is its rare as fuck.

I really hate it that to get some of the cooler stuff in the game you have to be a dick and kill harmless NPCs. And Agdayne is such a cool chap, giving you free loot for no charge too.

The absolute worst was in Dark Souls 1, Gough. Never again ;_;

If they're just copying bosses, why couldn't they port Artorias over while at it?

Gotta leave some content for the following DLCs as well.

Inskipp

Other boss spoilers

From what I saw on streams, none of the three are unique. One is a squad of 3 Abyss people (Havel et al.) and the other is a more aggressive Nashandra clone than has the ability to summon things to help her, though some of the summoned things can be other bosses. Velstadt was getting summoned.
If they're just copying bosses, why couldn't they port Artorias over while at it?

Jaeger

Are people really complaining about 3-4 (rushed play through) DLC? And we have already confirmed 2 more parts that will undoubtably be the same length?

If that's not good, your expectations were unrealistically high.

Spoilers for an enemy fairly early in the DLC... I need help!

How the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck do I kill those goddamn ghosts with the dual falchions? They are turning me into a paste on the floor repeatedly

Edit: Also, why the hell do these poison knight enemies have infinite poise? A Gyrm Greathammer with the Stone ring didn't even make them flinch.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I've noticed.

from what I've played of the COTSK it's a generally higher quality than the rest of DS2. Great atmosphere, tighter spaces, more 3-dimensional level design.

3-dimensional level design

This is what I want, three dimensional platforming elements without rigid safety net for movement or jumping.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
A few months ago I went through the same thing. Took me almost a week to farm the entire set once. I figured out a pretty decent method to farm it quickly, and solo too.

Jesus. I went through a similar deal getting the Mad Warrior Set, but only 4-5 days XD

Well, if the exchange doesn't work out (where are you based?) you'll have to share your method. :)

quin

I take this back. It seems to be the compatibility pack only. The dlc isnt even available here yet...

The dlc seems to be free on the Japanese xbox store. It's region locked of course so if you're not in japan i doubt you can download it.

Died to the first boss* and then died again trying to get back to the fog gate while avoiding the infinite poise enemies -_-

I think I'll call it quits for tonight. Aside from the weird poise on the enemies I'm liking the DLC a fair bit so far.

Not actually to the boss, but to the goddamn fodder skeletons that she summons. I absolutely hate it when bosses do stuff like that!

Edit: Or possibly not the first boss? The first one I've encountered for sure...

Top Bottom