• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm mostly worried about the length.

PC gamer said roughly 10 hours
IGN said 4/5 (I think i read that here)
User here said roughly 5 hours.

So I'm gonna guess it's around 4/5 maybe 6 hours then? Depending on your skill and maybe NG level. I'll be doing it in NG++ so that might add another hour.

Any more places saying how long it took?

It took me about 5 hours on NG++, but it seems like I missed a few things.

Gonna be playing through it with 2 other characters so I'm not too bothered by the length.

UrbanRats

Other boss spoilers

From what I saw on streams, none of the three are unique. One is a squad of 3 Abyss people (Havel et al.) and the other is a more aggressive Nashandra clone than has the ability to summon things to help her, though some of the summoned things can be other bosses. Velstadt was getting summoned.

That's kind of sad.

I was ready to buy it right now, glad i came here first.

Ruuppa

God damn it, why did they have to gate the DLC behind Black Gulch of all places... It's going to take me a good ten hours just to get to 3-4 hours of new content. I really wish I never started NG+.

Do Dragonrider (plus use some souls) and immediately buy Silvercat Ring and beeline for the Rotten. You can survive the initial fall with 10 - 12 Vitality and the ring while Human. There are 0 roadblocks once you get past the fall, since you can run past everything in there, right up to the Rotten. The fight might require some finesse though.

Jaeger

Oh there is a 20% vouch on GMG valid for the Season Pass, in that case, it's 20€ for all three, not bad.

First pack is anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on the player, so 3 DLC packs that will contain anywhere from 12-18 hours of play, with tons of new weapons, items and even spells...

I'd say that's a great deal.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Do Dragonrider (plus use some souls) and immediately buy Silvercat Ring and beeline for the Rotten. You can survive the initial fall with 10 - 12 Vitality and the ring while Human. There are 0 roadblocks once you get past the fall, since you can run past everything in there, right up to the Rotten. The fight might require some finesse though.

I thought you needed the ashen mist heart to get in the DLC? Did that change?

Jito

Banned
The DLC is awesome so far, love how people are pre-judging it's quality based on the boss alone (although I've not spoilt it for myself). Reckon it'll take me a good few hours at my current rate, played an hour already and still not found a second bonfire. Is there meant to be many new weapons / armour?

Chemo

Where the hell is the season pass on PSN? Don't see it here. When does the PSN store update?

Whenever the hell it feels like it. It could be 10am or 11pm, they don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to when content goes up. So pissed that the PlayStation Souls base still doesn't have access to this while everyone else does on account of the dipshits who handle the PSN store.

Try the red iron twinblade as well that's got A strength scaling now is the strongest twinblade.

I've been killing them in two to three hits with a Gyrm great hammer it's just a bit cheap to give them poise where nothing affects them.

Thanks for the suggestion. Don't think I'm a twinblade kind of guy, really like hulking around a greatsword, but I'll check it out.

UrbanRats

First pack is anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on the player, so 3 DLC packs that will contain anywhere from 12-18 hours of play, with tons of new weapons, items and even spells...

I'd say that's a great deal.

Yeah not too bad, even though i'm bummed by reading that all the bosses in this first DLC are
basically reskins

Just started the DLC content and already getting my ass handed to me. Haven't been playing for months and I gotta do this on NG++++
Has the Greatsword been changed somehow? I can't stagger the very first enemies, which feels unusual. They don't look like some poise-buffed tanks. :/

Lanrutcon

Just started the DLC content and already getting my ass handed to me. Haven't been playing for months and I gotta do this on NG++++
Has the Greatsword been changed somehow? I can't stagger the very first enemies, which feels unusual. They don't look like some poise-buffed tanks. :/

Nope. Poise got completely broke in DS2, in favor of enemies. The DLC even more so.

Haunted

Is there no official thread for the first DLC? oy vey

Just started out and my guy is getting rocked. :lol Should've gone with a safer build instead of going all-out glass cannon. But that's the fun of new content!

Far as I can tell, they nerfed stunlocking (i.e. increased poise for those enemies so you don't stagger them as easily (or at all?)).

Time to find new strats!

Cruxist

Bandai US just tweeted at me and said to expect the DLC for US PSN to be out today once the store updates. So keep an eye on PSN, GAF! I'm at work, so hopefully once I get home I'll be able to jump right in.

Nope. Poise got completely broke in DS2, in favor of enemies. The DLC even more so.

Poise changed compared to DS2, I noticed that, but the DLC feels off. But maybe it's just me. I need some minutes to re-adjust to the game. :D

Far as I can tell, they nerfed stunlocking (i.e. increased poise for those enemies so you don't stagger them as easily (or at all?)).

Time to find new strats!

That shouldn't be too hard. I've got every armor and weapon stashed in my item box. Gonna stick to my strength build though. Havel's Armor been nerfed anyway, there goes my lazy tank spec. :)

Ruuppa

Just bought the season pass (I know, I'm horrible) off GMG with the voucher, thanks for the heads up on that.

Now to see how my Pyro fares in it.

Do I need to do anything special for the chest in Majula, or should the 'special gift' be there even if I've already opened it on a playthrough?

P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9

Worked for me, it's on the main page anyway.

Thanks!

I think I tried that last night but it was greyed out. This happened before and it went through when I tried again.

Haunted

Poise changed compared to DS2, I noticed that, but the DLC feels off. But maybe it's just me. I need some minutes to re-adjust to the game. :D

That shouldn't be too hard. I've got every armor and weapon stashed in my item box. Gonna stick to my strength build though. Havel's Armor been nerfed anyway, there goes my lazy tank spec. :)
Go for it! I'm going to stick to my miracle glass cannon for now, with backup lightning maces.

fun > efficiency.

Mistel

Banned
Do I need to do anything special for the chest in Majula, or should the 'special gift' be there even if I've already opened it on a playthrough?
No you just go open it again..
No it's not just you the soldiers and knights seem to have infinite poise even with the stone ring on using great hammers.

moozoom

While looking on the PAL (french) PSN store to see if the DLC was up, I just realized my Dark Souls 2 game is US !!

I will wait to see if it's region-locked to buy... if not I must make a US account and find a way to add some money to it...

What's the easiest way to proceed when creating a foreign region account ? Are there something I must be aware of, before doing so ?

BigAl1992

Can someone who's playing the DLC confirm this rumour for me, as being in Ireland on PS3 means I can't test until tomorrow, but word is *WARNING, MAJOR POTENTIAL SPOILERS*
after completing the DLC, if you go into the Undead Crypt where Vendrick is and with the Ashen Mist Heart, you go back in time to speak to him. Is this true?

PranooY

I just bought Season Pass on PSN EU. Please tell me what key I need and where in Black Gulch, do i find the door to DLC area?
Edit: nvm, I got in. Damn, didn't realize that the dlc unlock key is not out yet.

While looking on the PAL (french) PSN store to see if the DLC was up, I just realized my Dark Souls 2 game is US !!

I will wait to see if it's region-locked to buy... if not I must make a US account and find a way to add some money to it...

What's the easiest way to proceed when creating a foreign region account ? Are there something I must be aware of, before doing so ?
Same thing happened to me with Dark Souls 1. I became aware after purchase though.
Just create a new user, then a new PSN ID. Select US as country. Buy PSN card from amazon us and then redeem and purchase from US psn through that US PSN account.

WiZzYx

Neo Member
You can play with people via summoning, even if you don't have the DLC, or what? What's the point of the compatibility pack?

PranooY

Non-dlc question: I wanna get summoned for non-dlcbosses (while I wait for dlc), but want to get less souls. Coz of this whole Soul Memory thing. Any ring/dress for that?

Ruuppa

Non-dlc question: I wanna get summoned for non-dlcbosses (while I wait for dlc), but want to get less souls. Coz of this whole Soul Memory thing. Any ring/dress for that?

Try to get summoned to mid-bosses, not to big bosses. Prowling Magus and Congregation, Covetous Demon etc.

moozoom

I just bought Season Pass on PSN EU. Please tell me what key I need and where in Black Gulch, do i find the door to DLC area?
Edit: nvm, I got in. Damn, didn't realize that the dlc unlock key is not out yet.

Same thing happened to me with Dark Souls 1. I became aware after purchase though.
Just create a new user, then a new PSN ID. Select US as country. Buy PSN card from amazon us and then redeem and purchase from US psn through that US PSN account.

Thanks !

It'll be a little more complicated than buying Artorias... I think I read an interview stating that they would not make DLC for DS2, so I bought the US version with confidence.

njean777

Why in the living fuck is there not a season pass for us psn? Like who's fucking idea was it to make us pay 30 instead of 25? Also did the store not update yet? It seems like it did, but I still cannot find the dlc...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Top Bottom