• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

chris121580

You've already beat the main end-game boss? Yeah, you are probably to high for that area. I'd recommend going into NG+.

Well SD is more of a mid-game locale; try the back third (the various spots in the castle for instance) for better luck.

Ok, cool, thanks! I had no idea it worked like that. I will stick with trying to help with bosses towards the end of the game or just go on to NG+

Llewellayn armor is so badass looking and I didn't realize I had it in my inventory until the end of my game. Freaking love some of the armours in this game. So I'm starting a new sorcerer character. Are there as many cool clothing options when compared to a knight type character??

LiK

Llewellayn armor is so badass looking and I didn't realize I had it in my inventory until the end of my game. Freaking love some of the armours in this game. So I'm starting a new sorcerer character. Are there as many cool clothing options when compared to a knight type character??

I personally find Straid's outfit to be uber badass.

I recommend Vestaldt with a Silver Serp ring. It's easy and fun. Souls come in pretty fast. It's still my fave hot spot.
Ah, Velstadt seems like a good choice. I'll try it out tonight. I'm getting sick of trying the Dark covenant on NG+. So frustrating and basically out of Human Effigies now. :(

Mistel

Banned
Honestly I think not really most of the nicer ones are more melee focused shame there's not Paladin Leeroy's armor in this one.

GulAtiCa

I'm curious to try a Hex build character, I've only barely dabbled into hex/dark magic on my main. For those that have Hex build character, any tips, impressions, thoughts? Did you are go with a part Pyro build too? (since hex generally would require leveling up both Int & Faith at same time for most part)

Alric

I go with the Lion Mage Armor for that boost in casting speed and the Hexer head piece for those extra spells.

Alric

I'm curious to try a Hex build character, I've only barely dabbled into hex/dark magic on my main. For those that have Hex build character, any tips, impressions, thoughts? Did you are go with a part Pyro build too? (since hex generally would require leveling up both Int & Faith at same time for most part)

I just did an Hex build in NG to get the Vanquishers seal as soon as possible. It's pretty great and yeah I used pyro as well. Hex spells cast quick do a lot of damage. Just make sure you don't use the one that drains ALL of your souls, lol.

SoldnerKei

Judgment Robe + Black Witch Trousers & Hat on female character looks wickedly smexy

#fashionsouls

other than that Elite Knight Armor + 10 have been doing great for me

maomaoIYP

A hex build is very easy to play, much easier than a sorcery build.
All you need to clear NG is 2 spells, dark orb and dark hail.
You'll get the best hex staff for free very early in the game.
That's really all you need to know.
Since you'll have high INT & FAI, mix in whatever pyro/sorc/mirc you like.
Also your mag/fire/lightn/dark defense will be excellent.

GulAtiCa

Me too actually. I was using that before my current Saint set. Kinda miss it due to how great it looked. I may go back to it. Though I really like having an extra spell uses with my stuff. So conflicted! lol

LiK

Me too actually. I was using that before my current Saint set. Kinda miss it due to how great it looked. I may go back to it. Though I really like having an extra spell uses with my stuff. So conflicted! lol
I'm definitely loving the Saint's set. Works perfectly with my Faith build. Love roleplaying with it as well. I don't see anyone else using it in coop so at least I stand apart hehe

zma1013

You'll get the best sorcery staff for free very early in the game.

Which one is that?

GulAtiCa

I just did an Hex build in NG to get the Vanquishers seal as soon as possible. It's pretty great and yeah I used pyro as well. Hex spells cast quick do a lot of damage. Just make sure you don't use the one that drains ALL of your souls, lol.

You'll get the best hex staff for free very early in the game.

Thanks! Yeah I figured I'd go the Heide's route first so I can get Licia to unlock the path to the Hexer trainer to get the stuff I need.

nowai

Daaang.

I knew of the defender's greatness.

Is this dual wielding or something?

Nah not dual wield, two different characters. I do use the Ruler's Sword with 1m banked souls when I fighting lightening resist fools.

I'm REALLY liking my faith build right now with the Defender's Great Sword because it has a built in SLB. One, it frees up a spell slot, but two, when I'm fighting greys, only having one cast of something gets rough.

I do have a few great lightening spears to use when people try to run and heal, but mostly it's great magic barrier, HoT and force. I'll give WotG a shot, but I need to rank up with the coppers first.

zma1013

I made a typo. I meant best hex staff.
It's the sunset staff, and you can get it right after you kill the dragonrider.
Which is ridiculous, because the best sorcery staff and miracle chime are all end game items.

Oh, I already have that, it's what I'm using now that I've respec'd. Should I infuse it with dark if I'm doing dark?

nowai

Oh, I already have that, it's what I'm using now that I've respec'd. Should I infuse it with dark if I'm doing dark?

Most definitely!

Edit: You're going to get super bored of the staff based hexes as soon as you start getting disposable souls for the chime based resonate hexes. Once that happens get yourself a dark infused Caitha's Chime or a dark infused Chime of Want if you have the stats for it.

Vlade

Judgment Robe + Black Witch Trousers & Hat on female character looks wickedly smexy

#fashionsouls

other than that Elite Knight Armor + 10 have been doing great for me

I've been rockin the judgement robe on my toon for fashion. Love it. Wear it with the bone king crown.

Nice, good to hear. So how do I get his stuff, and someone else said lion mage, do i get that in the shaded woods??

I had 5 go-to armors for my knight, and I thought they were all freaking amazing, hopefully I can get 5-6 badass sorcerer sets.

LiK

Nice, good to hear. So how do I get his stuff, and someone else said lion mage, do i get that in the shaded woods??

I had 5 go-to armors for my knight, and I thought they were all freaking amazing, hopefully I can get 5-6 badass sorcerer sets.

I think you get his gear after you buy enough stuff from him.

ElFly

Anyone else find the NPCs really forgettable and bland in DS2, compared to those in Demon's and Dark1?

I think they are inferior to the ones in previous souls games but they aren't completely forgetable.

Gavlan is great, Bernhart is great too, Straid too. Problem is they don't really have the complex arcs the characters in Dark 1 / Demon had. They are great dialogue and that's it.

Really dislike Pate and Creighton. They are really a wasted version of Patches / embraced dude.

LiK

Fun fact, Pate's VO is the same guy who did Darth Maul's voice. Apparently he's a fan of the Souls games and wanted to be in it. So they gave Pate to him.

Stupid question/confession, I've played all 3 souls games and I still don't know what in the world is a power stance ? How? Maybe I've been doing it, just don't know it's called that hehe. Thanks.

SoldnerKei

I did 4 bosses weapons and he gave his set, but you have to use the Talk option

ElFly

Stupid question/confession, I've played all 3 souls games and I still don't know what in the world is a power stance ? How? Maybe I've been doing it, just don't know it's called that hehe. Thanks.

You prolly haven't done it.

Wield a weapon in each hand and leave the triangle button pressed (the one that switches weapon, dunno which one is on 360).

If you have enough stats (1.5x the minimum) and the weapons are similar enough (there's a table earlier), your stance will change. That's the power stance, and the L1/L2 now hits with both weapons.

If you only switch weapons, you aren't meeting the conditions for power stance.

Mistel

Banned
Once 1.5 x the requirements are met you can use two weapons at once see this table for possible combinations.

nowai

I think they are inferior to the ones in previous souls games but they aren't completely forgetable.

Gavlan is great, Bernhart is great too, Straid too. Problem is they don't really have the complex arcs the characters in Dark 1 / Demon had. They are great dialogue and that's it.

Really dislike Pate and Creighton. They are really a wasted version of Patches / embraced dude.

Totally agree on Gavlan, Bernhart and Straid. Both Yurt 3.0 and the
NPC invasion
story bits are really underwhelming.

I also really like Ladder Bro, whatever his name is. haha

d0nd

No one else likes Lucatiel? :(

I like her but i feel like i lost her arc cause i did not take her in with me on the smelter =(

btw have not finshed game i feel like i grind allot im at 163 at the spider boss i have to get on with it lol

Moofers

I have a question about bows. I am using a boss bow (Dragonrider, I think) and it hits kinda hard which is nice, but I always fire it and all other bows really slowly. I had a couple co-op sessions on Smelter Demon where I saw a bow user popping off shots like he was fucking Legolas. Super rapid fire compared to me. How do I achieve that? My DEX is at like 28 right now. Do I just crank it up higher or what?

Top Bottom