• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

LiK

I have a question about bows. I am using a boss bow (Dragonrider, I think) and it hits kinda hard which is nice, but I always fire it and all other bows really slowly. I had a couple co-op sessions on Smelter Demon where I saw a bow user popping off shots like he was fucking Legolas. Super rapid fire compared to me. How do I achieve that? My DEX is at like 28 right now. Do I just crank it up higher or what?

Was he using a Short or Long Bow? My DEX is only 20 and I can sorta shoot pretty fast with a Short.

zma1013

I have a question about bows. I am using a boss bow (Dragonrider, I think) and it hits kinda hard which is nice, but I always fire it and all other bows really slowly. I had a couple co-op sessions on Smelter Demon where I saw a bow user popping off shots like he was fucking Legolas. Super rapid fire compared to me. How do I achieve that? My DEX is at like 28 right now. Do I just crank it up higher or what?

Hunter bow most likely.

tokkun

Only need her for 3 of the 4 boss fights. You still have a chance!

Also you have the option of burning a bonfire ascetic and taking her back into a fight. There are obviously some drawbacks, but if you are just worried about getting the achievement, then it can be worth it.

As far as her story goes, I don't think it is really affected by boss summonings, aside from maybe one extra line at the end.

LiK

Wow, I never encountered any bugs or glitches with Luca. You guys had it rough.

Her final line of dialogue and VO performance stayed with me.

J-Roderton

Game is getting so good at this point. Started knocking off bosses solo and it's actually a lot of fun. I've co-oped pretty much all of them until now. Freja certainly got the blood pumping. Probably my fave boss fight so far. Fire infused Zwiehander to the face. Went back to sinner's rise and took out that boss after skipping it for a long time and that was probably the easiest boss so far for me.

In the gutter now and I think that should be the last big soul I need to really progress. Totally going to light all the torches down there. Too damn dark. Seems to be the only place that darkness has really hampered me.

d0nd

Wow, I never encountered any bugs or glitches with Luca. You guys had it rough.

Her final line of dialogue and VO performance stayed with me.

oh gosh when do you see her again after smelter i have to know (without going to far 'youtube')

WiZzYx

Neo Member
Question: is already confirmed that the Soul Memory is the only parameter or requirement for coop/invasions? Even in NG+?

Soulhouf

Anyone else find the NPCs really forgettable and bland in DS2, compared to those in Demon's and Dark1?

There are 2 characters I like a lot: that cat in Majula and Grandal the leader of the covenant of dark.
They are both very intriguing and have an interesting personality.

One character I miss though:
Patches. Seriously, where is Patches? It's possible that I missed him but it feels really strange a Souls game without that character.

Sullichin

Currently compiling tips for the OT. This post will be linked on the OP and updated with tips from the community.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108306354&postcount=622
A couple of general ones

- You can hit treasure chests with a weapon once to see if it's a mimic. If you keep wailing on it, you will break it and get rubbish instead of the treasure.
- Illusory walls are activated by pressing X(PS3)/A(360) in front of them.
- Your health is refilled whenever someone rates your message. You can leave 10 messages per character.

LiK

There are 2 characters I like a lot: that cat in Majula and Grandal the leader of the covenant of dark.
They are both very intriguing and have an interesting personality.

The character I really miss is
Patches. Seriously, where is Patches? It's possible that I missed him but it feels really strange a Souls game without that character.

Pate is supposed to be this game's version of Patches. Pretty lame. :(

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact, Pate's VO is the same guy who did Darth Maul's voice. Apparently he's a fan of the Souls games and wanted to be in it. So they gave Pate to him.

He was also Simon Pegg's flat mate in Shaun of the Dead, had his own sketch show, starred in a spoof science documentary series aaaand is the voice of this cuddly little fellow:

driverdanlogo190.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A couple of general ones

- You can hit treasure chests with a weapon once to see if it's a mimic. If you keep wailing on it, you will break it and get rubbish instead of the treasure.
- Illusory walls are activated by pressing X(PS3)/A(360) in front of them.
- Your health is refilled whenever someone rates your message. You can leave 10 messages per character.

Added.

Mistel

Banned
Currently compiling tips for the OT. This post will be linked on the OP and updated with tips from the community.
Petrified dragon bones are rare materials so wait till you find a weapon that's worth it upgrade it.
Yes indeed! I'll PM ya.
Sure.

I thought I recognized Pate's voice I swear I've heard Creighton somewhere else too I can't figure out where though.

tokkun

-Ring of Soul Protection prevents you from losing humanity or souls on death. Unlike the similar ring in DS, it can be repaired at a blacksmith after it breaks, and can be used indefinitely if you have enough souls for the repair.
-Some NPCs won't talk to you unless you have high enough INT or FAITH stats.
-Don't forget about the room with the weird contraption in it on the way to Heide's. You need to return there later.
-There are hidden walls in some places you can open by pressing the Talk button when pressed up against the wall. You can find most of them by checking orange messages, but be warned that people also like to lie about them.
-Weapons degrade quickly in durability in DS2 and break when they run out. If you are a melee class, you will probably need at least two weapons to switch between. Resting at a bonfire restores durability if the weapon hasn't already broken.
-You need a special item to deal with the statues that block your path in certain areas. You will get it during the normal course of the game.
-There are some NPCs that you must summon and have survive boss fights in order to get certain items and achievements.

Sullichin

Oh, ok. Now understand why I'm being invaded by blue Havels with ultra-swords, greatshields and soul geyser sorceries, while I'm still @ lvl 150...

Yeah, no reason to stay at SL150 unfortunately. You're gimping yourself for no reason. Although you could rock all of that at SL150 really.

Vazra

Petrified dragon bones are rare materials so wait till you find a weapon that's worth it upgrade it.

Sure.

I thought I recognized Pate's voice I swear I've heard Creighton somewhere else too I can't figure out where though.

-Ring of Soul Protection prevents you from losing humanity or souls on death. Unlike the similar ring in DS, it can be repaired at a blacksmith after it breaks, and can be used indefinitely if you have enough souls for the repair.
-Some NPCs won't talk to you unless you have high enough INT or FAITH stats.
-Don't forget about the room with the weird contraption in it on the way to Heide's. You need to return there later.
-There are hidden walls in some places you can open by pressing the Talk button when pressed up against the wall. You can find most of them by checking orange messages, but be warned that people also like to lie about them.
-Weapons degrade quickly in durability in DS2 and break when they run out. If you are a melee class, you will probably need at least two weapons to switch between. Resting at a bonfire restores durability if the weapon hasn't already broken.
-You need a special item to deal with the statues that block your path in certain areas. You will get it during the normal course of the game.
-There are some NPCs that you must summon and have survive boss fights in order to get certain items and achievements.

Added and thank you kindly.

I thought the thinking was that NG checks for both soul level and memory and that NG+ beyond only matches based one one of the two. Has that been disproved?

Vazra

-If in doubt, exhaust dialog options with NPCs you come across.

-Never use all your stamina unless you know you're getting the kill. Always leave just enough so you can roll away after your last attack.

Added the stamina one. The Exhaust dialog options with NPCs was there before.

Thanks!

GulAtiCa

What's your source? Both the Wikis state that it is not determined how SL and SM impact matchmaking.

No real source really. Just from what others have said. And I've done my own testing with co-op with a friend where at times we can't see each other signs because were too far apart in SM regardless of level. Like more then 100k apart in early game for NG won't allow use to meet up.

I know for invasions on my main character, I'm level 350 (almost) and I get invaded/can invade people who are only level 50, 100, 150, etc.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Jeez. I've officially gone off to Dark Souls-dom. I went back to Dark Souls PC yesterday for no reason other than its a bottemless pit of awesome. I realized that I hadn't gotten the Brass Set yet, went off to the Catacombs for the requisite covenant ring. Then I noticed, hey, why haven't I maxed out my Fire sword? Off to Demon Ruins for the Large Flame Ember. Just on and on and on it goes. For no reason. Did you know I finally saw Upper Blightown for the first time?? I had always taken the shortcut, every playthrough. All this, and I'm still(!) at Iron Keep in Dark Souls 2, mind you. That's coming for me tonight. This series, man. This goddamn series.

From has opened a portal to my youth, captured that gaming glory, and wisked it back to the present.

And, quick question, is there any set in DS2 as beautiful as the Brass Set? With DSFix and that new VSSAO2 setting, mmmmmm sooogood.gif

Top Bottom