• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

zma1013

Feel the last level is the shortest and easiest.

The others contain some ranged enemies that are assholes and take longer to take out, or a group of fuckers that you have to separate to fight evenly.

Also the last level has a bonfire next to Grandahl. The other requires either a long walk, or a dangerous walk and drop.

Naw man, the one in the forest is the easiest and you can easily kill or just sprint past all the slow enemies quite easily to get to it, it's not far at all. It's also the easiest and fastest one to do as you can single every one out.

Soulhouf

Every few time you get invaded, go check the dead giant tree corpse in Forest of the Fallen Giants where all the big metal turtle guys are. It will have a seed in one of it's hands. I'm pretty sure it grows after a couple of invades, even NPC invades. I'm not sure what the fire name actually is, I think it's the next to last one in the warp list.

Cheers.
Since I got invaded a lot, I must have one waiting for me.

LiK

Feel the last level is the shortest and easiest.

The others contain some ranged enemies that are assholes and take longer to take out, or a group of fuckers that you have to separate to fight evenly.

Also the last level has a bonfire next to Grandahl. The other requires either a long walk, or a dangerous walk and drop.

The one under the castle? Nah, I don't agree. Longest Chasm trek and has the most enemies. The easiest is Shaded Ruins. The runback is easy and there are only 4 enemies in the whole Chasm.

ElFly

Naw man, the one in the forest is the easiest and you can easily kill or just sprint past all the slow enemies quite easily to get to it, it's not far at all. It's also the easiest and fastest one to do as you can single every one out.

You underestimate the sprint in Woods.

By the time you are falling through the hole and sacrificing an effigy, I killed havel and the transparent witch, lit the fire and then start to work on the fucker with the elite armor.

The main problem in that Chasm is the initial walk that is confusing and has lot of holes and the water is tricky. Other than that it's the easiest and shortest chasm. It also has only 4 enemies, just as the one in Woods.

maomaoIYP

Finally got around to taking pictures of my toons.
Removed most of the helmets so you can see their faces.
I have 1 pure melee, 1 pure sorcery, 1 melee/miracles, 1 hex/pyro
cZNmH1z.jpg

JWPbfNh.jpg

EyL8KHG.jpg

X0hbRKR.jpg
Bonus pic!

GulAtiCa

One of the duels I went into yesterday was pretty funny. Had the host plus 2 other reds, making 3 total reds with me. They were all using the "Hellooooo"/"Very Gooood" stones, so I joined in on the fun. Then one of the reds turned white with the ring. So I put mine on. Then the host put his white ring on. And finally the last red put his white ring on. So all of us looked like white phantoms. I got a good laugh out of that.

I like their looks. What is the armor the 2nd is wearing? I should take current pictures of both of mine. I have my high level Miracle/Pyro with melee mix character now as well as a lower level pure Miricle build (though enough stats to use Homunculus Mace) to do co-op with my roommate. I'd likely keep her at max 150 later on. Might start a new character soon too to try out Hex/Dark build.

LiK

By the time you are falling through the hole and sacrificing an effigy, I killed havel and the transparent witch, lit the fire and then start to work on the fucker with the elite armor.

The main problem in that Chasm is the initial walk that is confusing and has lot of holes and the water is tricky. Other than that it's the easiest and shortest chasm.

Depends on how good some people are against Havel and those other enemies. I found them annoying. Shaded Ruins was a cakewalk.

Scaling is generally weaker than in the other souls games. Still I'd only recommend raw infusion for weapons that don't scale at all or very little. Pretty sure you'd be better off with a fire infusion + flame weapon or just the normal +10.

Then again, you can just test it, infusions aren't too hard to redo. :p

Raw is totally not worth it at all what you gain is worse than scaling. An avlyn sure but not an ultra greatsword.

Cheers

Didn't realise progression would stop at +5 :(

maomaoIYP

I like their looks. What is the armor the 2nd is wearing? I should take current pictures of both of mine. I have my high level Miracle/Pyro with melee mix character now as well as a lower level pure Miricle build (though enough stats to use Homunculus Mace) to do co-op with my roommate. I'd likely keep her at max 150 later on. Might start a new character soon too to try out Hex/Dark build.

Thanks! She's wearing the witch's robe from Navlaan.

zma1013

The main problem in that Chasm is the initial walk that is confusing and has lot of holes and the water is tricky. Other than that it's the easiest and shortest chasm. It also has only 4 enemies, just as the one in Woods.

Huh?
It's got like 6... 2 of them being those hard dual-hammer wielding sonofabitches.

I realize now you must be talking about the one in the castle. I played the game a bit out of order, so that was the 2nd one I found.

ElFly

Huh?
It's got like 6... 2 of them being those hard dual-hammer wielding sonofabitches.

I didn't say it in that post but I am talking about the Drangleic one.

It has
havel, transparent witch, fucker with a fast sword and elite armor, and a witch, I think it's nameless something

Sullichin

How important is stat-scaling?

Not sure whether to infuse the Black Knight Ultra Greatsword with Raw. It would put the scaling down to EE instead of BC, but I'd gain 40 points in Physical Damage, and 16 points in Fire Damage

You can see how much damage you're getting from stat scaling when you equip the weapon. It's the + number next to each damage type. If you add those up it and it's less than what raw would give you, raw is better which is very possible. You don't get as much damage from stat scaling compared to DS1.

Speaking of which I wish the Crescent Axe wasn't so terrible. Magic +5 with 50INT, and it's still shit. Too bad because I like the moveset.

Having a lot of fun with dual mace (lightning + resonant weapon dark) / hex backup PVP.

Do you think the stone ring is worth it? I've been using it, but with 2 maces coming down, I feel like I'd probably stagger my opponents without it...

Guess I will try out the Sacred Chime Hammer as well.

mattp

It's based on what kind of damage they do and (secondarily) their weight class, not the weapon type.

well god damn
i have been under the assumption they had to be the same weapon class to power stance. ie curved sword + curved sword

i've got some experimenting to do tonight..

zma1013

I didn't say it in that post but I am talking about the Drangleic one.

It has
havel, transparent witch, fucker with a fast sword and elite armor, and a witch, I think it's nameless something

Yeah, it's faster just like you say, but
Havel
is hard. I always go with the guaranteed win.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
well god damn
i have been under the assumption they had to be the same weapon class to power stance. ie curved sword + curved sword

i've got some experimenting to do tonight..

Here's three combos from the Fextralife Wiki:

Lion Greataxe / Greatsword - Interestingly, the faster-swinging move set of the Lion Greataxe takes precedence over the much slower, ground-smashing move set of the Greatsword. This is an example of odd priorities, making it possible to exploit the normally slow but hard hitting ultra greatswords into swinging as fast a normal greatsword when utilizing power attacks.

Large Club / Claymore

Bandit Axe / Longsword

Minamu

Well, this is odd! :O I decided to go into offline mode so I could meet the Grave of Saints invader NPC. Well, I did, but all (?) items in the area also respawned? o_O Free Lockstone for me! Any idea why that happened?

Well, this is odd! :O I decided to go into offline mode so I could meet the Grave of Saints invader NPC. Well, I did, but all (?) items in the area also respawned? o_O Free Lockstone for me! Any idea why that happened?

I think that's a bug that was supposed to be fixed with the latest patch. o_O

GulAtiCa

I was wrong yesterday, my main character isn't at 43M SM, it's apparently at 46M SM! Almost 200 hours and very close to level 350. Not sure if I'll try to level up beyond that, as right now at like 344 level, I'm not sure what to put stats in. Perhaps I'll put stats back in my End a little to get that up some. I could also max out my faith stat of course, since I'm going for high level build.

The one that I used to clear all the achievements is at 210.
The rest are all 150.
Yeah, I think I might keep my other chars max 150 and have them be focused on specific thing. My main was high level since going for Platinum as well as just messing around. Plus wanted to see how high I could take mine.

Moofers

Has anyone done anything with the Bone Scythe? I just got mine and it's considerably weaker than my Broadsword +6. I want a stronger weapon and thought this could be something but it looks weak as hell.

Stats:
29 STR
27 DEX
14 VIT
14 END
3 INT
4 FTH

can't remember the rest...

I'm a Knight STR build and I decided to beef up the Mastadon Greatsword (I believe that's what it's called). I haven't fused it with anything, as I want to keep it with A STR scaling.

Good move or did I just waste a bunch of titanite? :/

Bonus pic!

Thanks for sharing. People share way too few pic of their chars. :D

@Bonus Pic: Best item for such a shot are the Moon Butterfly Wings. :D

LiK

I can't wait to Platinum this game so I can take a break. I can't stop playing but I need to stop. I kinda wanna Plat it before the PC release. Hope my NG+ run will be quick and painless. My backlog is piling up.

maomaoIYP

Yeah, I think I might keep my other chars max 150 and have them be focused on specific thing. My main was high level since going for Platinum as well as just messing around. Plus wanted to see how high I could take mine.
I primarily build my characters for PvP, so there's no real point in taking them too far ahead.

@Bonus Pic: Best item for such a shot are the Moon Butterfly Wings. :D

Dammit, now I have to buy that. Heheh

I'm a Knight STR build and I decided to beef up the Mastadon Greatsword (I believe that's what it's called). I haven't fused it with anything, as I want to keep it with A STR scaling.

Good move or did I just waste a bunch of titanite? :/

Good move I'd say. I was gonna use that sword but fell back on my Black Knight Ultra Greatsword as it was already infused with fire. Infusing for an STR build usually makes you worse off and you benefit more from scaling. Infusing makes them considerably weaker when scaling is taken into account

ElFly

Has anyone done anything with the Bone Scythe? I just got mine and it's considerably weaker than my Broadsword +6. I want a stronger weapon and thought this could be something but it looks weak as hell.

The boss weapon? I think most boss weapons are p bad.

Have had some success with the Watcher Greatsword that has low requirements and hits somewhat hard.

Mistel

Banned
What is the strongest bow in the game?
Normal bow wise it is a toss up between the dragon rider bow or the bow of want. Greatbow wise I'd say that there's no real contest between the two. Alonne all the way. No point wasting all those dragon bones on the dragonslayer I think really. It does scale better though so take which ever you prefer.

Bone scythe is made from covetous demon soul.

nowai

GRS is ridiculous in PvP, OHKO everything.
SO. MUCH. FUN.

I love it for pvp, but it can be painful when using it the help people fight bosses for tokens or medals when the host gets killed.

"ah come on, don't do that! I just spent 5k souls killing the boss for you! How you gonna go and get yourself killed!? "

The boss weapon? I think most boss weapons are p bad.

I rock a lightening infused Defender's Great sword on my faith build character and a dark infused Crypt Blacksword on my hexer and both are fantastic.

Not to mention Ruler's Sword with 1 million held souls is boss.

krakov

How far does endure take stamina if you keep leveling? Is it +1 per level all the way after 20 or does it diminish further?

Minamu

I think that's a bug that was supposed to be fixed with the latest patch. o_O
Yes that's what I figured as well. I double checked that the area wasn't under a bonfire ascetic, and I haven't used a single one so far. Well, it got me a lockstone to use in the undead crypt :D

Top Bottom