• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Quikies83

Just finished the first DLC - took me just over 4 hours and I still have one bonfire left to find. I thought it was fantastic. 10/10
Can't wait for more.

stormthecastle

Neo Member
I was breezing through the first hour or so of the DLC until I hit
Jester Thomas. That fight took an ungodly amount of time for me to power through, not sure if that's just due to his pyro spamming or that I'm on NG+++ difficulty. No matter how well I lined it up I could not get a backstab on him.

neoism

Okay wow that is extremely shitty. Why the fuck not?

Not sure I want to buy now...

Im sure if they release it on ps4 it will come with everything... That is really shitty seems like for no reason, but I bet they will do a prepare to die again edition for ps4 lol....

Taking my sweeeeat time with the dlc its really cool having really even played but an hour or two. But I'm just taking it in and looking at everything lol 4-6 hours is like 10-15 for me.. <3 All three together should be easily 50+ hours for me... I really wish there did expansions like in the old days, and release them all at the same time...

ElTopo

Banned
Killed Vendrick on my 2nd try. Probably helped that I I had a maxed out Red Iron Twin Blade, all of the Primitive Bonfire Boss Souls, and enchanted my blade with flames and Bleeding. Tedious fight but I got him. And now I've beaten every single boss in the game. Solo'd 99% of the time while mostly Hollow. The only time I did try to Summon was in my first playthrough and I wanted to take out Ancient Dragon and that didn't go so well.

I don't think I'll be hopping over to NG++ any time soon, I think I'll try more co-op and PVP.

Watching the bosses on youtube.....ok thats not what I wanted to see
all the bosses are reskinned. and the three guys battle boss are just "nah just put some random armor on this npcs and make them a boss"

Killed Vendrick on my 2nd try. Probably helped that I I had a maxed out Red Iron Twin Blade, all of the Primitive Bonfire Boss Souls, and enchanted my blade with flames and Bleeding. Tedious fight but I got him. And now I've beaten every single boss in the game. Solo'd 99% of the time while mostly Hollow. The only time I did try to Summon was in my first playthrough and I wanted to take out Ancient Dragon and that didn't go so well.

I don't think I'll be hopping over to NG++ any time soon, I think I'll try more co-op and PVP.

bleeding is super effective on him since he is no using armor at all.

deeTyrant

Played about 2 and a half hours of the dlc, loving the areas so far. A lot of the normal enemy encounters have been pretty clever too and I found myself just barely surviving most of them.

[ NPC Invader & Boss Spoilers ]
I reached the Jester invader on one path and had a few miserable attempts at him, decided to try exploring another path and found the trio boss, got stomped and decided to call it a night. I have little to no trouble with normal enemies and bosses at this point but the NPC invaders still tend to give me a hard time. Kind of a disappointing first boss.

Hoping to jump back in tomorrow morning, overall I'm liking it, well worth the price so far.

NEO0MJ

Watching the bosses on youtube.....ok thats not what I wanted to see
all the bosses are reskinned. and the three guys battle boss are just "nah just put some random armor on this npcs and make them a boss"

Even
The Dragon is a reskin? That would be pretty disappointing. I fought the Trio and the witch who summon Velstadt, though I have yet to beat them.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If there are any fellow Euro/UK DS2 players on here, can someone be a good sport and give a shout out when the DLC is available on the PSN store?

Apparently even after purchasing the season pass we have to download each chapter separately as it arrives.

Happy to see people are enjoying it in the meantime :)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The
Trio
fight is actually my favorite fight in the DLC. The way it encourages you to use the arena to your advantage is pretty awesome. I wish more boss fights in Souls were like that.

ElTopo

Banned
Not too surprised by the enemies, but it's pretty disappointing that even the bosses were reskins, especially the Dragon. I was hoping they could pull another Kalameet.

I see it as an homage. People don't complain about fighting Death and Dracula every time in a Castlevania game, same applies to Wily/Protoman/Zero in Megaman and others.

2AdEPT

Interestingly enough, my character started with 18 great lightning spears today, first time playing since the patch, but once I died, it dropped to six :( With so few spells, what's the new strategy for easily beating the Giant King, my main source of leveling souls? :/

Back from holidays...back in business....here is my first blind run of the king with bernhardt....you dont have to have him come, but you get the idea....I died by going yolo at first so switched to poison arrows and let the fire whittle down the first two grunts...then went toe to toe with the giant king.

Im going to start the DLC now on pC, as much as I want my original PS3 character to do it....meh, I want to record the PC version and all I have there so far is my vanquisher seal chick...she can hack it.....I hope?!!?!?!??

Guevara

So, no DLC thread? Everyone is just posting here?

I completed forgot this came out today, no notification in game. No notification on the PS store. Oh well, pretty fun so far.

Wait.

WHAT

You can enter Vendrick's memory?

Yeah....that was my own reaction too when I read this post :D I was all like "I NEVER KNEW THIS, HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT!?".
But this is clearly something they added for the DLC, his dialogue speaks of the crowns etc, so it's quite normal you didn't know you could do it I guess :p

GorillaJu

The DLC area is my favorite in the game. Really well-designed.

The knights who can't be stunned are hard. You can pancake them but that doesn't work all the time. Just need to be precise with your timing.

njean777

How does one go about killing
the ghost swordsman's in the dlc
. I tried using my resins on my weapons but they did shit for damage...

zkylon

zkylewd
the miracle nerfs really hit me hard i think

i think imma respec myself (i'm 150 ng+++) and just go 40 40 on str/dex so i can wield whatever i want

bobawesome

I am clearly not talented enough to beat this dlc in NG++.

edit: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my god. Just barely. Oh ho ho.

ElTopo

Banned
How does one go about killing
the ghost swordsman's in the dlc
. I tried using my resins on my weapons but they did shit for damage...

To the right on that pillar, there's a ladder. Go up and down the beam on the right there's a tomb filled with glowing statues. Destroying the statues turns the ghosts into flesh and you can hurt them with traditional weapons.

SoldnerKei

DLC is fun, thou I don't know where are
the bodies for the spirits in the needle-floor
room, anyone had luck with these ones?

edit never mind AlexSA2 post helped me to figure it out, thanks!

njean777

To the right on that pillar, there's a ladder. Go up and down the beam on the right there's a tomb filled with glowing statues. Destroying the statues turns the ghosts into flesh and you can hurt them with traditional weapons.

Thank you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
QUESTION TIME

How awesome is this DLC?

How long is it?

How hard is it (compared to anything in DkS1/DkS2)?

Cheers, all. I'm SL250 in NG+, so I'm guessing that the difficulty will be neither here nor there (probably erring on the side of 'easy').

I'm also out of Live with no intention of renewing, so I guess it's smooth sailing for me.

Enemy spoilers:

Those Drakeblood Knights do some really glitchy looking stuff, like hitting me as they roll and canceling animations. And then of course they have infinite poise as well... Ugh. I have taken to just parry spamming them and hoping for the best.

Ugh, ok, so a couple of things:

Those goddamned lightning dinosaurs respawn. I took the time to clear them all out, rested at the bonfire there in the lake, and blammo, they're all back. I hate that. So very much.

Where the hell are there bonfires? Are there really only two for the entire DLC- one at the beginning and the one in the lake?

The first "boss," screw her. She summoned 4 Velstadt's in a row. Only summon parents I had were the two AI ones. They were less than helpful...

GorillaJu

Enemy spoilers:

Those Drakeblood Knights do some really glitchy looking stuff, like hitting me as they roll and canceling animations. And then of course they have infinite poise as well... Ugh. I have taken to just parry spamming them and hoping for the best.

DBK's do not have infinite poise

Ugh, ok, so a couple of things:

Those goddamned lightning dinosaurs respawn. I took the time to clear them all out, rested at the bonfire there in the lake, and blammo, they're all back. I hate that. So very much.

Where the hell are there bonfires? Are there really only two for the entire DLC- one at the beginning and the one in the lake?

The first "boss," screw her. She summoned 4 Velstadt's in a row. Only summon parents I had were the two AI ones. They were less than helpful...

There are 5 or 6 bonfires. Keep hunting. :)

burgerdog

God damn, the DLC houses my favorite levels in Dark Souls 2 and I loved the vanilla game. Played it for three hours and didn't get to any boss, I have about 4 more Bonfires to go as well. I feel like I actually have to earn my way to those things now and find them, too. Can't wait to play some more after work tomorrow.

Levyne

Banned
I finally got to the first boss door after 3 hours. Now just waiting to be summoned to learn the fight because I don't want to make my way back here ;_;

Finding a bonfire feels awesome again.

Top Bottom