• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Kyuur

Bought this on PC (previously had played through on 360) for the DLC. Running a Rogue style character (daggers, crossbow, throwing knives) and having a god damn blast. I might play this way all the time in future Souls games unless casting gets some sort of overhaul.

SoldnerKei

I could tell you how they are both related if you want?

would you kindly... tell me about it? I have been reading the Lore thread but didn't read anything regarding that, perheps in past pages, hopefully it's not something silly, I haven't read the description of her weapon, I mean, I assume that you can forge one with her soul lol

Mistel

Banned
I'd like to know.
would you kindly... tell me about it? I have been reading the Lore thread but didn't read anything regarding that, perhaps in past pages, hopefully it's not something silly, I haven't read the description of her weapon, I mean, I assume that you can forge one with her soul lol
No one asked about it. I would of got round to mentioning it at some point anyway probably... maybe...

But here you go both Eaena and Nashandra are
parts of Manus. They were born from fragments of it. As the smallest fragments are the first to reform hence the pair of them. They are in different locations because they spread across the land/realm, (It uses both terms so I'm not sure if one supersedes another plus that's a whole other debate) the form that both of the queens took is the truest form of humanities nature. Both yearn for things Elana wants revenge whilst Nashandra lusts for strength. So in a sense both are children of darkness it's mentioned explicitly for Elana but it's kinda a given for Nashandra.

Amazing what you can do with item descriptions isn't it?

Love that fight personally.

Crazy talk, it's fucking amazing. Beat it on second attempt on Ng+.

You're actually having a hard time and not being able to easily beat enemies =/= "B-Team". Get Gud, sir.

YOU KNOW WHAT? Sometimes I hate how level-headed and rational you guys are.

Look, if it wasn't obvious enough, I made that post after a slew pummelings from those guys, so shit was heated. We all know how DS gets under the skin. And yes, the "B-Team" comment was immature, but it was the first boss I tackled in the DLC (totally missed the contraption near the
dinosaurz
) and it left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Regardless, shitty comment = retracted. I do maintain that their speed, tracking and stamina is somewhat bullshit, though.

So, yeah. I'll keep at it. I'll "get gud" :) I think I just need to swap in my Espada Ropera; get some stabby-stabby happening. Whiffing a Greatsword is a death sentence in that fight.

zewone

No one asked about it. I would of got round to mentioning it at some point anyway probably... maybe...

parts of Manus. They were born from fragments of it. As the smallest fragments are the first to reform hence the pair of them. They are in different locations because they spread across the land/realm, (It uses both terms so I'm not sure if one supersedes another plus that's a whole other debate) the form that both of the queens took is the truest form of humanities nature. Both yearn for things Elana wants revenge whilst Nashandra lusts for strength. So in a sense both are children of darkness it's mentioned explicitly for Elana but it's kinda a given for Nashandra.

Would you guess that we'll see
a new piece of Manus in each
DLC?

Jaeger

Come one Jaeger its just reskinned models. but slower and cheap tactics

The bad thing about that is the current especulations about why FROM used those models on them.

^Thanks, Storm. As per usual.

GulAtiCa

Wow, been so long since I've played, and even though I have like 4 or 5 characters with like 300 hours, several above lv 100, I really don't remember how to play! :lol

Mistel

Banned
Finally got the DLC to dig up the lore so I will check that connection
Get Elana's soul, wrathful axe along with scythe of want and the chime of wants descriptions. It's all there if you look.
Would you guess that we'll see
a new piece of Manus in each
DLC?
Speaking of the next dlc crown of the iron king there's this I wrote up yesterday. Which should give some context to what the Smelter demon and the old iron king itself is. As for the question probably not as that's going to get old fast most likely to have them all popping up all of a sudden. I doubt it will have many more. Especially in the Iron king one given what we know about him.

I should really write this stuff up if people want to read it.

Anyone on PS3 able to help me transfer a bunch of items from one character to another?

They're both on New Game, SL - 150, SM - 3.2 million.

I also have another character at the same level I can give a bunch of items from as payment

ElTopo

Banned
I wonder if they'll do a Season 2 for the DLC? They could do it, especially to appease the PC userbase with Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive. There's at least 2 more Primal Bonfires when they're done with this season of DLC.

JerkShep

You ever stop to think there may be story reasons for these characters to be similar? I'm sure that they aren't literally "New characters, copy-paste". Yes they are similar, but despite that the boss battles are fundamentally different.

And no, Velstadt is different. He runs at you the entire time. No breaks. That's different.

I know there are story reasons, but the concept of cycles introduced in DaS 2, with the time distorsion already introduced in DaS, shouldn't become an excuse to recycle old models and ideas. It damages the gameplay (I want to fight/see new stuff) and even the lore itself. The idea
of the fragments of Manus is really good on paper, but if it means that I'll have to fight many variations of the same zombish queen with dark related powers many times over
, it becomes a lazy excuse and nothing more. Maybe I'm wrong and in the great scheme of things everything will work out fine, but for now I'm wary of what they're doing with this particular aspect of the game. I liked the DLC overall, the new areas are very good, but some of the choices they've made regarding the bosses worries me.

zewone

I wonder if they'll do a Season 2 for the DLC? They could do it, especially to appease the PC userbase with Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive. There's at least 2 more Primal Bonfires when they're done with this season of DLC.
There would only be one left after the next 2 DLCs if they're all at primal bonfires.

Foggy

I know there are story reasons, but the concept of cycles introduced in DaS 2, with the time distorsion already introduced in DaS, shouldn't become an excuse to recycle old models and ideas. It damages the gameplay (I want to fight/see new stuff) and even the lore itself. The idea
of the fragments of Manus is really good on paper, but if it means that I'll have to fight many variations of the same zombish queen with dark related powers many times over
, it becomes a lazy excuse and nothing more. Maybe I'm wrong and in the great scheme of things everything will work out fine, but for now I'm wary of what they're doing with this particular aspect of the game. I liked the DLC overall, the new areas are very good, but some of the choices they've made regarding the bosses worries me.

I definitely get where you're coming from, but because the level design was so decidedly not lazy it's easy for me to not feel too bummed about reusing models for the boss fights. This is easily one of the strongest level designs, if not the best level design, in the game. Hell the
Trio
created an entirely different experience than any other boss fight in the game and that counts for a lot in my book. As it stands, would you have sacrificed some of the level design to make room for a new boss model or two?

ultron87

Did they at some point change it so that helping someone on a boss always makes you human? Haven't played in awhile and it wasn't like this before.

SoldnerKei

yeah, I knew her item would help me to know her better, but what you said makes it clearer, indeed, just like the last boss in the game, she is another manifestation of you know who, totally forgot about that! many thanks

hopefully the next dlc won't be a manifestation that similar, I would like to see some other forms, inb4
Artorias
come backs

njean777

How many bosses are there in the dlc? I have only ran into one so far and was promptly beaten. I haven't beaten it yet (plan to tomorrow).

SoldnerKei

just wondering if the secret bonfire at Dragon Sanctum is really worth it, I can't find it yet... I am looking throu the path that leads to the second boss, the stairs that you just have to drop down... hopefully is there somewhere... at least I found the Drake Set, looks good

SoldnerKei

Killed
trio
with some dudes, omg, that dress is kawaii as fuck, I need the whole set for the sake of fashion souls

I still some items missing, I know where they are but can't figure out how to pick them up, and that stupid secret bonfire that is nowhere to be found

ultron87

Spent a long time alternating between solo shots at the
dragon
and helping others with it. Absolutely wonderful fight. I always love it when Dark Souls goes full Monster Hunter. I enjoyed getting to give disapproving gestures at people as they summoned me the third or fourth time after them getting squished as the leader.

Question: where can I find Havel's Armor or any armor that prevents me from having my attacks interrupted?

You can find the armor on the gutter but you need a key from the giants hidding on the dark gutter (the next area of the gutter) then return to the gutter and open the door to your right after the first gutter bonfire.

ElTopo

Banned
You can find the armor on the gutter but you need a key from the giants hidding on the dark gutter (the next area of the gutter) then return to the gutter and open the door to your right after the first gutter bonfire.

Thanks dude. Man, even with my 41 points in VIT and 3rd Dragon Ring I'm still fat rolling with Havel's Armor set.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I got the 'Crown of the Sunken King', the DLC was really good. I hope the remaining two are along the same lines as this or even better.

Can someone explain what the final text caption which appears after you get the Crown, it says something on the lines of
"its got some faint power"

Tried dual wielding Sanctum Mace +10's in each hand and they are as good as clubs, almost the same damage. But they require you to sacrifice a ring slot to have a poison bite ring, while being heavy and having low durability. They could act as secondary set of weapons if one wants switch out a brass knuckle ring after the primary set of clubs burns out with other ring.

Also respeced my character to have 13 vitality, the 50 damage boost by the ring is great when you have a vanquishers seal.

ElTopo

Banned
Can someone explain what the final text caption which appears after you get the Crown, it says something on the lines of
"its got some faint power"

I would assume it ties into the next DLC.

Also, I'll ask here. What are some of the best LP's on Demon's Souls? I've seen the DON'T Play but I'm curious to see how the game is actually played.

Top Bottom