• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Any example?

Alonne Captain, Drangleic, Dragonrider, Drakekeeper, King's, Mad Warrior, Throne Defender, Throne Watcher, Vengarl and Llewellyn all offer better stats for their weight, but the later set has no poise or helm

I'm on PC.
Could be something to do with regions I guess? PS3 is the only version that's been causing me problems, but I did play the PC version at a friends house, who probably has a better connection

Parmenide

Yeah, the lag really kills the appeal of PVP. I was just in a duel with a guy two-arming a Greatsword, he guard broke me once, I was still able to roll away before he landed the killing blow (it's possible he ran out of stamina though), I score a few hits, I do the 2 hit combo with my Red Iron Twin Blade, the 2nd hit is in his direction during his roll, my back is not to him, and he landed a backstab and instantly killed me...

The PVP is borderline unplayable because of this garbage.
Same thing happened to me today. I swear the guy was in front of me and one second later... Backstab. Not to mention other lag problems, like Monscims with 3-times the Washing Pole range.

Ruuppa

Alonne Captain, Drangleic, Dragonrider, Drakekeeper, King's, Mad Warrior, Throne Defender, Throne Watcher, Vengarl and Llewellyn all offer better stats for their weight, but the later set has no poise or helm

Alonne Captain is excellent for the fire resist boost as well. IIRC Vengarl got slightly nerfed in the latest patch. Drakeblood is good and looks fantastic, if you've got the DLC.

Same thing happened to me today. I swear the guy was in front of me and one second later... Backstab. Not to mention other lag problems, like Monscims with 3-times the Washing Pole range.

And then there are the people who exclusively use lag to PVP with the phantom range of long weapons. I've dueled some guys who only used sprint attacks with katanas, hoping to hit when I didn't dodge because on my screen it was miles away.

sooo... what the FUCK is this shit?

i find the way to access the DLC in Black Gulch, teleport to the area and i'm ready to start exploring... and i can't get through the first door? you need an item for that, something that is supposed to be in your inventory but just isn't?

fantastic.

i find the way to access the DLC in Black Gulch, teleport to the area and i'm ready to start exploring... and i can't get through the first door? you need an item for that, something that is supposed to be in your inventory but just isn't?

fantastic.

Yeah you need to find real money to access the DLC area

zewone

fantastic.

Did you buy the DLC? You should get a Dragon Claw or something added the next time you load up the game after you do buy it.

Ruuppa

fantastic.

Quit out. Right click on the game in Steam -> Properties -> DLC, check the Sunken King DLC, or Season Pass, I forget what name it had. I had the same problem with the Talon not appearing, that fixed it.

Did you buy the DLC? You should get a Dragon Claw or something added the next time you load up the game after you do buy it.

i bought the season pass. loaded the game up twice, i see no Dragon Claw and i can't open the door.

friday night ruined, thanks a lot From :( oh well.. gotta sleep.

Quit out. Right click on the game in Steam -> Properties -> DLC, check the Sunken King DLC. I had the same problem with the Talon not appearing, that fixed it.

the only game on my PS3 that uses Steam is Portal 2..

zewone

i bought the season pass. loaded the game up twice, i see no Dragon Claw and i can't open the door.

friday night ruined, thanks a lot From :( oh well.. gotta sleep.

the only game on my PS3 that uses Steam is Portal 2..

With the season pass (we don't have it on US PS3s) do you still have to download the Crown of the Sunken King DLC, even if it's free of charge?

wait what, i thought the DLC areas were included in the massive patch i had to download a day or two ago, and that i just downloaded the unlock key when i bought the Season Pass? i'm pretty sure that's what happened... no? since everyone, including those who don't buy the DLC should be able to access the areas in co-op if summoned, the DLC areas were surely included in the 500mb patch for everyone?

being a gamer in this century is so confusing for my old brain.

You have to download the DLC to activate the DLC and get the dragon talon.

wait what, i thought the DLC areas were included in the massive patch i had to download a day or two ago, and that i just downloaded the unlock key when i bought the Season Pass? i'm pretty sure that's what happened... no? since everyone, including those who don't buy the DLC should be able to access the areas in co-op if summoned, the DLC areas were surely included in the 500mb patch for everyone?

being a gamer in this century is so confusing for my old brain.

Yes, but but DLC owners have to activate the DLC to play it. the patch is for compatibility multiplayer.

You have to download the DLC to activate the DLC and get the dragon talon.

Yes, but but DLC owners have to activate the DLC to play it. the patch is for compatibility multiplayer.

ok, yep.. apparently a 100kb file. sheesh, why didn't they just include that in the Season Pass download as well?

anyway thanks for clearing it up for me guys. but oh well, too late in the night to play anymore :( damnit. tomorrow's another day i guess.

see you in the Sunken City.

zkylon

zkylewd
so took me like 15 tries to do it solo but i beaten the boss in cave of the dead

phew

my mage strategy was:
fall down on one of the pits so that the alva and havel fools follow ya then use that moment to sprint to the lucatiel guy and hit him one or twice. i used the insolent shield for stamina regen and got stone ring to stagger him easily and just repeated that until he was dead. then i did something similar just spamming soul spears and eating herbs when i ran out to deal with the two other idiots.

anywho, my reward for that is a
skirt?! i mean everyone loves fashion souls but dam

so took me like 15 tries to do it solo but i beaten the boss in cave of the dead

phew

my mage strategy was:
fall down on one of the pits so that the alva and havel fools follow ya then use that moment to sprint to the lucatiel guy and hit him one or twice. i used the insolent shield for stamina regen and got stone ring to stagger him easily and just repeated that until he was dead. then i did something similar just spamming soul spears and eating herbs when i ran out to deal with the two other idiots.

anywho, my reward for that is a
skirt?! i mean everyone loves fashion souls but dam

So bullet sponges.....

burgerdog

I just ascetic'd the trio's bonfire to ++ to try cleaning my kill and was unhappy with it still. Did it once again to +++ and god damn, best kill yet. I seriously love that boss. Once again DS comes through with the best dlc, the other two better be this good.

Once I'm done with the DLC I'm planing to get all the miracles, hexes, etc. Do you need to enter NG+ for that?

An example of what I mean is: Wrath of the Gods is a reward for reaching level 2 in the Drangleic Police Department Covenant, but you can buy it from Chancellor Wellager in NG++, so I suppose I can buy it if I use Bonfire ascetics at the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle? I suppose I can do the same for all the spells like Wrath of the Gods?

zkylon

zkylewd
yea elana's def giving me trouble

i can deal with the skeletons but velstadt is a just too much, specially with flame swathe spamming

if i stay in short range i can bait her to do her melee attacks but when velstadt joins the fray i'm just hopeless

i really don't like fighting multiple bosses

hmm

at least the bonfire's close

Mistel

Banned
But you can buy it from Chancellor Wellager in NG++, so I suppose I can buy it if I use Bonfire ascetics at the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle? I suppose I can do the same for all the spells like Wrath of the Gods?
You cannot buy Wellager's items that he sells in NG++ via ascetics.

PranooY

Once I'm done with the DLC I'm planing to get all the miracles, hexes, etc. Do you need to enter NG+ for that?

An example of what I mean is: Wrath of the Gods is a reward for reaching level 2 in the Drangleic Police Department Covenant, but you can buy it from Chancellor Wellager in NG++, so I suppose I can buy it if I use Bonfire ascetics at the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle? I suppose I can do the same for all the spells like Wrath of the Gods?
Chancellor Wellanger
Need NG++, bonfire ascetic won't help.
Edit: beaten.

What about "hidden weapon"? Shouldn't I do bell keeper covenant 30 invasion for that?

I just checked. It seems that Hidden Weapon as well as Climax, are the only spells that cannot be acquired by any other means that are not related to the Bell keepers and the pilgrims of dark covenants. Also, some hexes cannot be purchased if you're not a member of the pilgrims of the dark.

=/

Proc

It seems like they nerfed my faith build into the ground. I can't seem to cast nearly as many bolts. The damage is also much more reduced. Anyone else finding the dlc challenging with their faith build?

Coldsun

Banned
It seems like they nerfed my faith build into the ground. I can't seem to cast nearly as many bolts. The damage is also much more reduced. Anyone else finding the dlc challenging with their faith build?

While the cast reduction was intentional, the damage nerf was supposed to be a buff. Assuming it gets fixed, your faith build may still be viable.

Finally beat the
Trio
in NG+ on my lonesome. It was quite the cheese-fest.
AlvaBro
and
GreatbowBro
were taken out predominantly with GRS's from a distance; and when I wasn't running around like a nutter munching Amber Herbs, I'd chip away at the rather exploitable
Havel
. I threw in a few humiliating ripostes for good measure, too.

It can definitely be a fun fight, but goddamn, it's very aggravating to do solo. That being said, I've changed my tune on it and I guess I appreciate the mix-up in terms of boss design.

Dekanach

1hr online with sp or can I shutdown the game for 1 hr?
Coz I wanna try some PvP and wanna get summoned.

You must stay in the area where you burn the effigy. You have to spend the time needed for it to wear off in that area. If you leave the area or the game will not count down.

God I'm really dreading this
Trio
boss fight everyone's talking about. I know I won't be able to live with myself unless I can solo it. Still a long ways to go on my PC playthrough before I get to the DLC, though.

Jaeger

God I'm really dreading this
Trio
boss fight everyone's talking about. I know I won't be able to live with myself unless I can solo it. Still a long ways to go on my PC playthrough before I get to the DLC, though.

Run around like a madman, use the water to slow them down. Take out Archer first. Use Parry. Easy sauce.

PranooY

You wanna be invaded?
Yes. ;)
Any tips for killing Sinh with a Strength build?
I beat Sinh on my strength build (using a demon great hammer). Stay on his left hind leg- when he is on ground and his health >40%. Switch sides when u see him turn his head- when he is on ground and health<40%. When he is on the air, run sideways(coz he may land on you). Rest of his attack are easily dodgable. Make sure your weapon has enough durability, coz weapon durability goes down quite fast in this fight.

On topic: Beat Gank Squad alone on my new melee character -first try. On my NG+++ character, I had beaten Gank squad with the help of a bit player(It was tough on my NG+++).

Top Bottom