• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Dyno

I've just started dabbling with the DLC. It seems high level, the grunts are pretty tough and the boss seems tough too.

Should I do the dark diving stuff with Grandahl before the DLC? Do you think dark diving is tougher or easier than the DLC?

TnK

If I use a bonefire aesthetic in the gulch's bonefire in NG after defeating him, will it be bumped to NG+ so that I can get soul of the old one from the rotten?

I want to make the crypt blacksword....

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I've just started dabbling with the DLC. It seems high level, the grunts are pretty tough and the boss seems tough too.

Should I do the dark diving stuff with Grandahl before the DLC? Do you think dark diving is tougher or easier than the DLC?

Dark Diving is a cake walk compared to the DLC.

Mistel

Banned
If I use a bonefire aesthetic in the gulch's bonefire in NG after defeating him, will it be bumped to NG+ so that I can get soul of the old one from the rotten?
Yes you will be to, you need to use it on the second bonfire to get it.

Sullichin

Debating whether or not to finally take my one character into NG+

larry-david.gif

Sullichin

I just finished doing everything I want in NG. I'm thinking about just backing up the save for when the next DLC comes out, and going ahead with NG+.

I should be able to just copy the folder, right?

Yeah, ~/Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/DarkSoulsII/really long folder name/
You just need to back up the .sl2 file

Clott

I haven't played in a couple of weeks, so may some rebalancing has taken place since last time. Anyway I just logged in to see that my lightning spear limit is at 3, but it used to be 10, is this a glitch?

Mistel

Banned
I haven't played in a couple of weeks, so may some rebalancing has taken place since last time. Anyway I just logged in to see that my lightning spear limit is at 3, but it used to be 10, is this a glitch?
As of the last patch its usages decreased along with: Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, Sunlight Spear, Emit Force, Soul Appease, Great Resonant Soul, and Profound Still.

Clott

As of the last patch its usages decreased along with: Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, Sunlight Spear, Emit Force, Soul Appease, Great Resonant Soul, and Profound Still.

Crazy, it's only usefulness was that the game gave you plenty to use, the damage on those things is pretty abysmal.

Has anyone had
Elana spawn 3 pigs instead of skeletons
? Just happened to me in NG++. I'd have laughed had she not destroyed me 10 times prior with some incredibly cheap seeming shit.

It didn't happen when I fought her but when I was summoned by another player she did spawn
3 little piglets
XD . The other guy and I were trying to kill them (they have a lot of hp) until we decided it was better to focus on the actual fight.

I'm sure the other guy lol'd too.

Raxious

Goddamn, I decided to play again since months on my PS4, apparently there's what, update 1.06 or something?

Apparently it nerfed the shit out of everything :eek: my Faith character is doing 0 damage, as well as my magic one :(

I have a feeling I'm gonna be needing to play a twinblade build. All I wanna do now is get the platinum trophy.

neoism

Goddamn, I decided to play again since months on my PS4, apparently there's what, update 1.06 or something?

Apparently it nerfed the shit out of everything :eek: my Faith character is doing 0 damage, as well as my magic one :(

I have a feeling I'm gonna be needing to play a twinblade build. All I wanna do now is get the platinum trophy.

yeah lighting faith builds are still really powerful but they did nerf it... It really just made it easier for me to be a FAT/STR build... loving the puzzle sword :p

So in order to get all the magic and faith spells, what are the minimum stats needed?
To get them all or use them all? For stats needed look at one of the wikis and find the highest stat requiring spell per category. You can use spices to lower the stat requirements.

Some spells are covenant rewards, so you need to get them by leveling up covenants (by doing pvp and co-op), the highest costing in terms of time investment are also sold by
Wellager in NG++ and beyond
- and you can't use bonfire ascetics to get him to start selling them, sorry! :)

Raxious

To get them all or use them all? For stats needed look at one of the wikis and find the highest stat requiring spell per category. You can use spices to lower the stat requirements.

Some spells are covenant rewards, so you need to get them by leveling up covenants (by doing pvp and co-op), the highest costing in terms of time investment are also sold by
Wellager in NG++ and beyond
- and you can't use bonfire ascetics to get him to start selling them, sorry! :)

I meant the stats needed for the trainers, I wont be using any of the spells, I just need em all for the trophies ;)

10 is the mininmum you can spice everything down to that and no lower.

It was part of a large rebalancing patch.

Ah thx, then that's what I'll do.

TnK

Yep kill it once bump up the difficulty then kill it again.

Awesome, did that and got the soul of the old one. Also, for the first time ever, I actually summoned someone to help me. He did nothing but distract the boss, but that's all I needed to lay my hits on him. I don't think I will ever summon again vs a boss, as it takes away the fun.

Now faith class have to rely on melee .....unless you grind the blue sentinels and the sunbros for useful spells

neoism

Its a secret
covenant
, which enables you go Dungeoneering
to a different area
. But the cost is one effigy per death, indirectly.

oh ok I almost did that my first play through but killed that old dude when I found out you can get the boss chime but I will do that boss this play-through for sure

zkylon

zkylewd
Do I have to kill
Ancient Dragon
? He gave me a key item but I can't figure out what it does.
no you don't.

try going to
forest of fallen giants, to the fortress. try to think of giant-like things you might've seen there

Do I have to kill
Ancient Dragon
? He gave me a key item but I can't figure out what it does.

Is an optional boss, use that item on the giant trees
(three on forest on giant and one on the freya boss room)
there is a new one if you bought the DLC

TnK

Was really worth getting the Crypt Blacksword. Made the battle vs Sinh a whole lot more tolerable.

EDIT: I keep on reading that upgrading the crypt blacsword to Dark +5 makes the sword really powerful, is this true?

neoism

Is an optional boss, use that item on the giant trees
(three on forest on giant and one on the freya boss room)
there is a new one if you bought the DLC

O: what where pls

is it the weird looking tree thing with eyes in the DLC area next to that new Hex spell....
???? I found that but nothing happened :/

Mistel

Banned
I keep on reading that upgrading the crypt blacsword to Dark +5 makes the sword really powerful, is this true?
370/130 with D/D/A at max upgrade once infused with dark it does 266/218 with D/D/S scaling. If you've got the stats to make the most of it it's effective.

TnK

370/130 with D/D/A at max upgrade once infused with dark it does 266/218 with D/D/S scaling. If you've got the stats to make the most of it it's effective.

I don't really have a lot of stats in magic and dark (it's actually almost nothing), so I doubt I can take full advantage of it.

EDIT: Why does the sword break so easily? This whole "60 FPS makes weapons break faster" is a load of bullshit...

Finally got home from out of town and managed to squeeze in an hour. Haven't made a lot of progress but I am already loving it. The labrynthine layout and tough enemies are making it a lot of fun. I do think it's a little cheap that I can't stagger anything, but whatever.

I may be a bit rusty, but I am already having plenty of deaths. It is ng++, but it feels like a fun challenge. Took a break after getting to
Jester Thomas
and getting my ass handed to me. It is like From realizes how OP he was as a summon so they are bringing balance back to the universe.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally caved in and summoned some sunbros for elana

i was very close to beating her a couple times but clearly not having played the game in a while and jumping right into ng++ is a bit much

next boss seems easier, tho still pretty beast

i need a good build

Top Bottom