• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

v1perz53

Miracles nerfed AGAIN?
What a load of crap.
And the bluestone ring +2 too, you're fucking kidding me.

Hey you know what, just remove miracles, it will be faster than nerf them every two month.

As has been said a few times, it was only poise damage that was reduced, not actual damage. Though I guess that is still nerfed in PvP, but spells did way too much poise damage in PvP. Going through on a faith character now and spears are still very strong in PvE, though the tiny number of casts is definitely limiting.

Does the stone ring affect spells? Maybe that is why it had its effect buffed, to balance out spell poise damage reduction but at the cost of a ring slot, though I never thought it worked with spells.

As for Clear Bluestone +2, it was so much better than +0 or +1 that it seemed odd, but I am sad to see it nerfed.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not sure why lightning miracles getting nerfed is such a huge deal. Especially after you got lightning clutch ring last DLC. Sunlight Spears don't need to do 1600 damage.

As has been said a few times, it was only poise damage that was reduced, not actual damage. Though I guess that is still nerfed in PvP, but spells did way too much poise damage in PvP. Going through on a faith character now and spears are still very strong in PvE, though the tiny number of casts is definitely limiting.

Does the stone ring affect spells? Maybe that is why it had its effect buffed, to balance out spell poise damage reduction but at the cost of a ring slot, though I never thought it worked with spells.

As for Clear Bluestone +2, it was so much better than +0 or +1 that it seemed odd, but I am sad to see it nerfed.

It's still a nerf.
And the ring reduce casting time.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
People doing tests with the patch data are claiming lightning damage wasn't nerfed at all and casting time affects everything not just miracles. Nothing to complain about.

Not sure why lightning miracles getting nerfed is such a huge deal. Especially after you got lightning clutch ring last DLC. Sunlight Spears don't need to do 1600 damage.
The clutch ring is useless.
And what's the point of getting miracles then if i do 10 times more damage with my regular weapon?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
And what's the point of getting miracles then if i do 10 times more damage with my regular weapon?

Range? Burst damage? What weapon are you using that has Sunlight Spear damage for the same stamina cost at the same range?

Also jesus christ, dual wielding one of the DLC weapons has an insane moveset.

Spoilers / Breaking the link for embed scripts
http://a.pomf.se/ignsba. webm

Edit: lol the spell parry buff is crazy. RIP CASTERS.

v1perz53

If spells ever did the same damage as weapons, they would be massively OP because they also have range. In DkS 1, you could say this was balanced by limited casts, but you have herbs in DkS 2, and also in PvP limited casts rarely mean anything unless it is less than 3. The point of spells is to be able to do damage from far away without any of the risk of being near the guy you are fighting.

Go ahead and do Darklurker right now after the miracle nerf with Lightning Spears and then with melee only and tell me that casting still isn't incredibly powerful. Also, between the magics themselves I like spears best because they have the fastest travel time (not cast time, travel time of the actual projectile), longest range, and they cast from your hand not your weapon so they have a very standard angle and are easy to aim. They really have to have some downsides compared to other magic to not be straight better than them, unfortunately they made the downside super low casts which is frustrating.

It's still a nerf.
And the ring reduce casting time.

I was talking about the Stone Ring at first, the one that increases poise damage, and whether or not it affected spells. After, I was talking about Blue Clearstone which reduces cast time, but how the +0 and +1 are like 25% and 50% reduction while the +2 was 122% reduction so it seemed too powerful because it jumped up in effect so much, sorry I didn't word it well the first time.

dsp

Is anyone able to put down a summon sign on the PS3? It keeps telling me failed to create summon sign. It's been doing this since PSN went back up.

Never mind, completely rebooting the system fixed it. Weird.

v1perz53

Also casters have it way worse now anyway. If you do a spell parry, you get an aura that reflects any spell 360º around you and lasts a little bit too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3IHX8jMqA

That would almost be balanced in a world where people actually block with their shields in PvP, since the spell parry shields never have 100% phys reduction. Better defense against spells worse defense against melee. But no, people will continue rolling to avoid physical and now they can spellparry too, so this seems pretty funny.

Ruuppa

By everything I meant pyros, spells, hexes as well so they have it just as bad.

Also casters have it way worse now anyway. If you do a spell parry, you get an aura that reflects any spell 360º around you and lasts a little bit too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3IHX8jMqA

Well then. Time to respec my mage to use katanabuffbot, as intended.

So it's a left-handed sword? How do backstabs/parries with it work, then?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Well then. Time to respec my mage to use katanabuffbot, as intended.
So it's a left-handed sword? How do backstabs/parries with it work, then?

It just gets that special move if you left hand it.

Also there's a
Kris blade like dagger that slightly buffs spell damage when you have it equipped

Ruuppa

It just gets that special move if you left hand it.

Also there's a
Kris blade like dagger that slightly buffs spell damage when you have it equipped

Ah I see. That's cool then. Hope you can get two of them.

Does that buff stack?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That's pretty Nito. I'm more excited about the new
Pharros' Mask, which seems to follow in line with DkS1 line of Father/Mother/Child Masks. Grandfather of Giants incoming?

Only if they bring back Well What Is It.

Also for those curious of the new DLC crown's hidden effect:
Restores some spell uses over time. Finally a way for invaders / non hosts to restore casts?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

Restores some spell uses over time. Finally a way for invaders / non hosts to restore casts?

(edit) Thanks for using Spoiler Tag

Ruuppa

That's an interesting effect, unlike the previous crowns. The devs seem to be getting more confident in adding more special effects to items now.
Wonder if it's fixed to +1 cast per attuned spell per 10 minutes or something, or if there're some hijinx involved. I hope it's the latter, so you can't simply bypass low casts on powerful spells by stacking your slots full of them, and gaining multiple casts to them instantly.

Jaeger

So fucking excited.

And that is definitely the
Abyss Greatsword.
. And I need that
new bow, and Raime's Set
. Now.

neoism

You can reach the DLC anteroom from the primal bonfire chamber of Iron Keep, but can't proceed ahead yet.

You can also access the Blacksteel Katana colorswap in Majula Mansion.

i checked it not there do you need an BA to make it appear

neoism

yeah my hype level is insane lol whhhhhhhhyyy did I have to have today off... -__- plus I think d3 is FINALLY getting its patch only took them 3 months :/
well I also got a good pvp/pve build FTH and lighting is still power I do like 700+ with only 50 fth but I can tell enemies differently stagger less... but damn with the flynn ring and ROB+2 50str and 40dex I have 205(266) on my rusty red sword.. <3 soo good...
I just can't seem to like hexes or sorcery very much.. not sure why I should just watch some tutorial guide or something... I hate that I have to use a staff and a chime for some of them. I know their is one that can do them all but I like using the most powerful weapon for what ever I use... dragon chime folif :p I should get the Chime of Want and try it out before totally abandoning the idea..

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Can someone just tell if the final boss is a reskin or something new?

The 'final' boss is new but there's a smelter demon clone. He's the exact same as smelter demon with horns pointed upwards and he's blue and does magic damage. His name is still Smelter Demon.

Dyno

I've discovered everything in the first DLC but have yet to beat the final boss or the optional boss. Should be tonight. I'm playing a mostly magic character and I have found it rather tough. The DLC was a great area with lots of twists, turns, tricks and traps. I really liked taking my time to master it all. There was some good loot and the crystal lizard pack really helped me finish upgrading my favourite items. I may just Bonfire Ascetic that to get some more!

Looking forward to the next DLC.

NEO0MJ

The 'final' boss is new but there's a smelter demon clone. He's the exact same as smelter demon with horns pointed upwards and he's blue and does magic damage. His name is still Smelter Demon.

That's good to know. And I guess Smelter Demon reappearing makes sense from a story point of view. New boss makes me so excited.

neoism

is there pics yet... I google for a while and didnt find anything I dont really care to be spoiled link please if there is one.

v1perz53

Aw man, I wish I made my current character before the black Murakumo stopped being available. Would've been cool to use the Black Murakumo and Whitesteel Katana as my two main weapons. As an aside, dex is getting a lot of love from the Majula chest pre-DLC items.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
is there pics yet... I google for a while and didnt find anything I dont really care to be spoiled link please if there is one.

I have none but it's literally just
blue smelter with new horns

Fucking awesome. Do you have any more images/footage you could share? I don't care for spoilers. You can PM, if needed.

Thanks again, ponpo.

No it's like 1am here going to bed!!
check dark souls general on 4chans /vg/ board you'll find it all.

Jaeger

I have none but it's literally just
blue smelter with new horns

No it's like 1am here going to bed!!
check dark souls general on 4chans /vg/ board you'll find it all.

Ahaha. I can't at the moment (stuck at work with no chan access, too). But thx!

Ruuppa

i only found out about the majula weapon chest :eek: I guess there's no way to get the other weapon skins?

You could trade them from other players who're willing to give them away. There's always the option of cheating them in, if you're really desperate for them.

Top Bottom