• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

KarmaCow

So it's looking like (in terms of bosses)
Smelter Demon remix, another Nashandra/Child of Dark remix, and a unique final boss?
Just going by the text outside the DLC warp and the leak about the
Smelter Demon

So much spoilers here.... at least wait till the dlc is released to write that stuff......

RnaSJF2.jpg

DLC time.

There are tseldora efigies there and Shulva art combined in the door

Ruuppa

Probably due to it originally being 95% block.

It felt more like a 25% block, since I was normally doing ~400, and did ~130 through the block. It was almost the exact same damage as I was doing against the Drakekeepers who blocked with the Greathammer. A bit weird but no worries.

Good lord the Rotten was annoying with a Greathammer build. Anything that doesn't stagger/get flattened with them will smash you on the recovery. It's a completely different playstyle to what I have gotten used to with faster weapons.

SoldnerKei

ready to jump into the dlc tomorrow, gonna leave my char on Iron Keep primal bonefire today and will drop my sign quite often, I wonder if we will have to climb the tower all the way up, will be pretty much Tower of Hera for me if that's the case... hopefully no annoying worms will show up at the top

Mistel

Banned
It felt more like a 25% block, since I was normally doing ~400, and did ~130 through the block. It was almost the exact same damage as I was doing against the Drakekeepers who blocked with the Greathammer. A bit weird but no worries.
What's even weirder is that the hammer is 45% reduction lol but it's not all that important.

SoldnerKei

Oh my bad, yes it points out to be tseldora since the memory takes you to the mountains. Maybe
you were the one who killed the ancient dragon

well, you killed the
giant's king
... so why not eradicate another important being

pretty nice theory right there

Ruuppa

Oh my bad, yes it points out to be tseldora since the memory takes you to the mountains. Maybe
you were the one who killed the ancient dragon

Mountains? It looked more like the bottom of Ash Lake right after Gwyn's war with the Dragons, with broken archtrees all over and a ravaged landscape around you. Might be on a mountain though, but you can't really look around too much.

I think it'll be in Tseldora as well, since Lost Sinner's place doesn't really fit with the wintery theme.

Mountains? It looked more like the bottom of Ash Lake right after Gwyn's war with the Dragons, with broken archtrees all over and a ravaged landscape around you. Might be on a mountain though, but you can't really look around too much.

I think it'll be in Tseldora as well, since Lost Sinner's place doesn't really fit with the wintery theme.

Is the
Dragon aerie
actually but you are in the bottom

v1perz53

Ah, thank you. Guess after the this dlc area, i will need to make my trek to Tseldora, Freja at NG+5 here i come! lol.

I love Freja in NG+ onwards because it keeps whatever damage you do to it during the
ambush before prowling magnus
forever, so if you know what to look out for you can start the fight at 60% or lower, and it stays at that percent even if you die and run back. Hate the start of that fight though with all the spiders all over.

I hope not. Ancient Dragon might be the game's worst boss, and I'd hate to fight him again.

Well, that's
not really the ancient dragon but instead most likely Lord Aldia
so it is possible having to fight the actual one would be a totally different unrelated fight. God I hope so. If there was an
ancient dragon
to fight in the DLC, it would be the
live version of the one in dragon memories

Xeroblade

I love Freja in NG+ onwards because it keeps whatever damage you do to it during the
ambush before prowling magnus
forever, so if you know what to look out for you can start the fight at 60% or lower, and it stays at that percent even if you die and run back. Hate the start of that fight though with all the spiders all over.

Whoa no way! lol I am barely on NG+ but i farmed that bonfire so she will be NG+5! Thats awesome, i just thought to myself it would be cool if she kept that damage that i dealt to her! great news lol.

v1perz53

Whoa no way! lol I am barely on NG+ but i farmed that bonfire so she will be NG+5! Thats awesome, i just thought to myself it would be cool if she kept that damage that i dealt to her! great news lol.

It is one of my favorite NG+ additions in Dark Souls 2, I wish they did more stuff like that instead of "hey, you get to fight the stuff you fought before but with more red phantoms! yay! By the way, they will pop out of thin air so you almost certainly die on your first try".

NEO0MJ

Well, that's
not really the ancient dragon but instead most likely Lord Aldia
so it is possible having to fight the actual one would be a totally different unrelated fight. God I hope so. If there was an
ancient dragon
to fight in the DLC, it would be the
live version of the one in dragon memories

I know, but they'll still base most of its moves on the one we fight in the present.

It's an awful fight but it wasn't a dragon.

What do you mean?

NEO0MJ

The ancient dragon itself was long dead the one you fight is a doppelganger.

I know that, and the soul it gives is all the proof you need.
But still, if we fight the original it will use a similar model, and probably similar attack patters. I hope From can prove me wrong.

I wonder if the DLC will ever go on sale during a Steam sale. It doesn't seem like it adds a whole lot, from what I heard it adds like 8 hours, the base game took me roughly 90 hours to beat. Albeit I ran around blind the whole time D:.

v1perz53

Bell keepers covenant -_- damn what a fucking hassle :/

I wish you could level it up by winning against grey invaders when you are in the covenant and in the Belfrys, not just by invading other people and killing them or winning against red invaders. One of the heavy benefits of playing on PC though, you can rest at the bonfire and use the task manager to check if the Mad Warrior spawned instead of going all the way up to check manually.

Dorrin

Will the chest in Majula reset if you use a bonfire asthetic on it or do we need to go to a ng+? I'd like to grab two of those swords.

neoism

I wish you could level it up by winning against grey invaders when you are in the covenant and in the Belfrys, not just by invading other people and killing them or winning against red invaders. One of the heavy benefits of playing on PC though, you can rest at the bonfire and use the task manager to check if the Mad Warrior spawned instead of going all the way up to check manually.
Yeah I'm about to do that lol 3 hours in I've invaded like 10 times won 2 and have been invaded like 50 times. -_-

Ruuppa

Yeah I'm about to do that lol 3 hours in I've invaded like 10 times won 2 and have been invaded like 50 times. -_-

You don't need to be in the Bellfries themselves to invade people as a Bellkeeper. I usually sit by the Servant's Quarters bonfire or just outside of Ironhearth Hall bonfire when I'm protecting the bells.

v1perz53

You don't need to be in the Bellfries themselves to invade people as a Bellkeeper. I usually sit by the Servant's Quarters bonfire or just outside of Ironhearth Hall bonfire when I'm protecting the bells.

Yea but if you're trying to maximize covenant levelling efficiency you might as well try to kill invaders while you wait to invade, because red invaders count. The main problem with this is that, frustratingly, the Belfry Sol bonfire does not count as being in Belfry Sol, so you cannot queue to do invasions until at the top of the ladder and within the Belfry (the covenant icon does not pulse/glow if you are at that bonfire, which means you are not queued). Not sure about Luna, I did most of my covenant levelling in Sol cause of Mad Warrior.

How long were you waiting in between invasions? I found it was taking 15 min+ to get an invasion to pop.

By the way, does anyone know of a mod that plays a sound or gives some audio cue when certain things pop? Like, when I put down my summon sign for co-op, I usually go do something else around my room (like the dishes) while waiting to be summoned, would be nice if there was an audio cue of some kind that played to let me know when someone actually summoned me. Same for Belfry invasions, because it takes so dam long to wait for it to pop.

Ruuppa

Yea but if you're trying to maximize covenant levelling efficiency you might as well try to kill invaders while you wait to invade, because red invaders count. The main problem with this is that, frustratingly, the Belfry Sol bonfire does not count as being in Belfry Sol, so you cannot queue to do invasions until at the top of the ladder and within the Belfry (the covenant icon does not pulse/glow if you are at that bonfire, which means you are not queued). Not sure about Luna, I did most of my covenant levelling in Sol cause of Mad Warrior.

How long were you waiting in between invasions? I found it was taking 15 min+ to get an invasion to pop.

By the way, does anyone know of a mod that plays a sound or gives some audio cue when certain things pop? Like, when I put down my summon sign for co-op, I usually go do something else around my room (like the dishes) while waiting to be summoned, would be nice if there was an audio cue of some kind that played to let me know when someone actually summoned me. Same for Belfry invasions, because it takes so dam long to wait for it to pop.

Red invaders do count, but Gray don't, and the majority you get in the Bellfries are (surprise!) Gray. In Sol that might work, but it's somewhat annoying since, like you said, the bonfire area doesn't count..

I don't know if it's just me, but I got a less calls for bellkeeping while I was in the Bellfries themselves. I had like, one every 15 to 20 minutes or so. Very few Bellkeeper invasions as well. But the moment I moved to Ironhearth Hall, I had one every 5 minutes or so. I think the invasions and calls to bellkeeping might interfere with the invasion queue when you wear the ring in the Bellfries. Once I went for 30mins just gazing at the lovely .jpg from Sol, getting no action from any side.

I know but the everlasting dragon was retconned to be now an "ancient dragon" even the dragon corpse in tseldora uses the ancient dragon model.

Wait what? When did this happen? They look nothing alike!

Edit:
I just figured that the giant dragon corpse in Tseldora was one of the many, many dragons that got killed off by Gwyn and his knights during their war, and not the Everlasting Dragon we meet in DkS1.

Levyne

Banned
So when can we expect the 2nd dlc to be playable? Noticed a pretty big steam update.

I tried skimming the thread but only saw some of the weapon leaks.

v1perz53

Oh man! Best unintended side effect of the recent 1 GB steam patch in prep for DLC, no more random error message when exiting the game! I'll take what I can get.

Wait what? When did this happen? They look nothing alike!

Edit:
I just figured that the giant dragon corpse in Tseldora was one of the many, many dragons that got killed off by Gwyn and his knights during their war, and not the Everlasting Dragon we meet in DkS1.

The corpse is the original
Ancient Dragon

Top Bottom