• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

GRIP

Is the White Steel Katana supposed to be available today? I went to the chest and there was just a regular BSK in there.

v1perz53

Is the White Steel Katana supposed to be available today? I went to the chest and there was just a regular BSK in there.

It's still called a BSK but when you equip it it has a unique model. Should have a unique icon too if I remember correctly.

SoldnerKei

wait... black & white katanas?? where have I seen that?? mmmmh

does this item appear in the chest just like that? what if I opened the chest already? do I need to burn the bonfire again?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This DLC has like double the available stuff the first one did. Better value.

Also one weapon has the highest stat requirement in souls history I think. And it's tied with the
bramd
in weight.

neoism

:D FINALLY took like an hour and half but got my hidden weapon and thank fuck after does it over 25 times the only two drops I got was the mask and the blade <3 nevvaaa again.
You don't need to be in the Bellfries themselves to invade people as a Bellkeeper. I usually sit by the Servant's Quarters bonfire or just outside of Ironhearth Hall bonfire when I'm protecting the bells.

yeah thats what I did but my main problem was just my suckiness I invaded about 10+ times but only won 2 and in-between I was invaded alooot more but the masked warrior why was waay faster lol glad someone mentioned it I forgot about it...
So when can we expect the 2nd dlc to be playable? Noticed a pretty big steam update.

I tried skimming the thread but only saw some of the weapon leaks.

est time is day of release about 11am-2pm depends really cant remember what time the first one was playable... fucking work tomorrow I will be thinking of nothing but dis geem :/

Mistel

Banned
wait... black & white katanas?? where have I seen that?? mmmmh

does this item appear in the chest just like that? what if I opened the chest already? do I need to burn the bonfire again?
It appears in the chest between the set dates then it is no longer available. If you already opened it, it is resealed with the katana in it. Ascetics will not work.

GRIP

Just switched to a different character and got the new one. Not sure what was going on with my other build, but it was just a regular BSK in the chest.

sarcoa

I wonder when the DLC will unlock, until then I'll try my best..
Weird, it worked for me

otmw6oG.jpg

but it's a review copy. Embargo is 9am EST Tuesday

Anyone find themselves unable to Continue after getting the latest patch on PC???

I cannot continue right now and had a NG+ SL200+ character with lots of time put into it just ready for that DLC... WTF?!?!?!11

tldr: CANT CONTINUE WTF OMGZ!!!

Hugstable

Banned
All this DLC hype makes me want to get through the game even more. Beat the boss of Lost Bastille finally after about 4 attempts and ended up in some Sinner place where I just had a "NOPE" moment and died lol.

ObbyDent

Banned
I can't play it until next week due to being on vacation in Florida right now. Is it bad that I'd rather be at home playing the DLC than at Disney World right now?

Oh man! Best unintended side effect of the recent 1 GB steam patch in prep for DLC, no more random error message when exiting the game! I'll take what I can get.

I never noticed that it went away until you mentioned it. I guess I got so used to it I just didn't care anymore.

Yea but if you're trying to maximize covenant levelling efficiency you might as well try to kill invaders while you wait to invade, because red invaders count. The main problem with this is that, frustratingly, the Belfry Sol bonfire does not count as being in Belfry Sol, so you cannot queue to do invasions until at the top of the ladder and within the Belfry (the covenant icon does not pulse/glow if you are at that bonfire, which means you are not queued). Not sure about Luna, I did most of my covenant levelling in Sol cause of Mad Warrior.

How long were you waiting in between invasions? I found it was taking 15 min+ to get an invasion to pop.

By the way, does anyone know of a mod that plays a sound or gives some audio cue when certain things pop? Like, when I put down my summon sign for co-op, I usually go do something else around my room (like the dishes) while waiting to be summoned, would be nice if there was an audio cue of some kind that played to let me know when someone actually summoned me. Same for Belfry invasions, because it takes so dam long to wait for it to pop.

There is a cue when you get summoned, isn't there? It's the same one as when you're getting invaded. I always get a mini heart attack when I summon, or get summoned because that sound instills fear in me ;~; Just turn up your speakers really loud I guess. Also, not sure if this happens with anyone else, but if I'm listening to music and I get summoned, my music will get considerably lower. So I guess if that happens to you, you could play music and when you notice it gets lower you can go. It occurs when the "You are being summoned to another world as a phantom" message appears, so you'd have plenty of time to get ready.

Downloading the update on PS3 right now. Should I be able to get the whitesteel katana once it's complete, or is it somehow dependent on the DLC?

You'll get it even if you don't have the DLC, which is nice. If you are already in Majula, you may need to warp somewhere else then back too Majula for it to appear.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on any of the DLC. Even though I play the game daily. I notice my Routine for darksouls 2 is play the game like mad when I find a new weapon I like until I start getting wrecked with it then try a million other ones I don't like and then take a break.

Bob White

I stopped playing this game a few months ago right around when I started farming that giant king or whatever in his dream. Has there been a better way to farm souls thats come up?

Levyne

Banned
Dumb question. If I use incense to lower a spell requirement, it also lowers the cast amount? Does it do this for each incense used? I thinking of lower the requirement for dark greatsword,

Dumb question. If I use incense to lower a spell requirement, it also lowers the cast amount? Does it do this for each incense used? I thinking of lower the requirement for dark greatsword,

I don't think it reduces your cast amount. If I remember correctly cast amount is tied with Attunment, the more you attunment you have the more casts you get. I doubt lowering the requirements also lowers the cast amount.

Levyne

Banned
I don't think it reduces your cast amount. If I remember correctly cast amount is tied with Attunment, the more you attunment you have the more casts you get. I doubt lowering the requirements also lowers the cast amount.

Hahs, alright. I just remember something about incense using being changed to make it less favorable. What I ended up doing was just respecing to take the points out of faith since those spells have been hit hard.

So ready for the dlc tomorrow. Work will be tough.

I'm an idiot: got the DLC (XB360) but I thought I could not play it until tomorrow. Played DS one instead...

Have to work early tomorrow... argh...

:(

It's out in Japan. At least on PS3. I got summoned about 10 times or so, and damn if that section they take you to isn't hard. I am on NG+, which iirc means I can play with people on NG+ or further. Only 2 times I was able to reach the boss and one time it was killed. Can't wait for the store to update tomorrow.

Ruuppa

Protip: Bring fire arrows. Lots of fire arrows.

Edit: Another protip: If you encounter a door that says does not open from this side, try knocking.
With a Pyromancy Fist ;)

Top Bottom