• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

DLC #2

+ Area, enemies all seem new, not reskins.
- But it's kinda boring, not really liking the level design. First DLC was better.
- I haven't gone down
the curse hole area yet
, but the other way is pretty easy. At the second area now,
it's too similar to first DLC... I wonder how they're connected.
- Nothing notable as far as loot that I've seen. I'm yet to beat the boss.

Looks prety dull right now, the mobs are just there... cant wait to get that area then.

Can someone tell me whats after
copypaste smelter demon
?
Because if its nothing worthwhile ( i bet it's some useless shit) i won't bother fight him.

Ruuppa

Can someone tell me whats after
copypaste smelter demon
?
Because if its nothing worthwhile ( i bet it's some useless shit) i won't bother fight him.

Pharros' Mask, which makes you wet when you wear it, cutting fire damage by about half. Looks neat, if you're into MLG Giantdad -type stuff.

Just got to an area where mobs that were previously killable are now resurrecting. I can't seem to figure out what is doing that... Going to try a few more times, but that is annoying when they put in some obscure thing that you have to find to prevent them from resurrecting.

So far the DLC is a lot of fun, loving the labrynthine layout and shortcuts. I've found a lot of hidden stuff and I'm sure I have missed even more. Have yet to fight a boss, but I think I'm getting close.

Ruuppa

Most of the new stuff is a rare drop it takes a while to get stuff. I wanted the top but nope got the daggers.

I got like, five masks and four gloves. And I just wanted to get the boots for testing on my cosbuild..
Sir Alonne's
boots look wicked cool though, and have nice stats for the weight as well.

The top is amazing though. Gonna use it forever, unless a similar but sleeveless one is present in the next DLC.

Who drops the
Umbra Dagger
?

Fume Sorcerers, the lightning-chucking backstabbers.

Mistel

Banned
I got like, five masks and four gloves. And I just wanted to get the boots for testing on my cosbuild..
Sir Alonne's
boots look wicked cool though, and have nice stats for the weight as well.
The only thing I've farmed properly was for the great hammer and that took a while did get a helmet though for it and a slab but that was like 15 of them dead.

Ruuppa

Elajjaz doing the DLC atm. Spoilers, obviously.

The only thing I've farmed properly was for the great hammer and that took a while did get a helmet though for it and a slab but that was like 15 of them dead.

They drop a helmet? Damn, back to farming then. I got the hammer without even farming, just got lucky.

Is
Fume Knight
the first boss?

First or second, depends on your route.
You can't get to the final boss of the DLC without killing him tho'.

Sullichin

Pharros' Mask, which makes you wet when you wear it, cutting fire damage by about half. Looks neat, if you're into MLG Giantdad -type stuff.
Holy shit i should just hang up the glove on my pure pyromancy PVP build now. Was kicking so much ass too.

goddamn i hate the PSN store every time i have to visit it, i can never find anything and navigating is just bad.

where is the DLC? or is not on the euro store yet? :(

ElTopo

Banned
Played for about 3 hours straight and if I had to sum up this 2nd DLC in one word it would be: Ambush.

I'll be honest; to anyone who hates fighting multiple enemies and thinks they suck compared to DS1 and Demons Souls, you're going to fucking hate this DLC. Flat out hate it. I had no problems with multiple enemies in DS2 because the multiple enemies were fairly weak and could be killed in 1-2 hits or they were placed in such a way that you knew they were coming and could lure them out and deal with 1 on 1. The later strategy still applies but now there's archers, firebombers, sorcerers and other annoying assholes placed in a spot that you can't melee them. Not to mention near-constant ambushes.

There's that one spot in particular where you drop down, there's a locked door that requires a lever, and they see fit to have 4-5 enemies including a giant dude AND an asshole with firebombs. WTF From? I really hope that I approached that area in an incorrect way and there was another way to take them out one at a time but I couldn't figure it out. Instead I had to lure the enemies to one side, run back to the lever and pull it, die, and try again with the door open and they don't follow you...

SMFH.

Also, I've put almost 3 hours straight into the DLC and I've yet to get a single boss. I think, repeat, think I found a boss door finally but there was no nearby bonfire and when I went looking for one I had
to fight repeated giant Smelter-Demon-like dudes and one heals himself automatically
and I died while looking for one...

Unless the boss fights are just so amazing I don't know dudes. I just don't know.

Hoping the 3rd DLC will be better. Because I'll be honest and say that I think this is the worst area in the entire game so far.

Compared to the 1st DLC in which I had described it one word being "Complex" but it was fun. There weren't constant ambushes, I could lure out the enemies 1 at a time and I want to say it took me about 2 hours to get a boss.

Jaeger

Never had a problem with fighting more enemies at once. Just take your time. Stop running around like mad men. The game being harder because you have to manage fights with more than one enemy doesn't make it bad.

In typical Souls-ism, Get gud.

ElTopo

Banned
Never had a problem with fighting more enemies at once. Just take your time. Stop running around like mad men. The game being harder because you have to manage fights with more than one enemy doesn't make it bad.

In typical Souls-ism, Get gud.

Nice reading comprehension skills. If you actually took the time to understand what I wrote (and you didn't, you glanced over it clearly) you'd understand that I am saying that multiple enemies and ambushes IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE are not fun.

I one-shotted Artorias. You git gud.

neoism

fuckkkking woow this dlc is a million times better than the first :O 4 hours in got to my fourth bonefire and no bosses yet.. I fucking hate that lighting noobs chicks but damn is that armor sexy :O also lol this dlc gives you Twinkling Titanite out the ass.. also brightbugs O: awesome finally can farm the shit out of them ;) fucking loving it soo far.. this has been the best season pass I've ever bought

Jaeger

Nice reading comprehension skills. If you actually took the time to understand what I wrote (and you didn't, you glanced over it clearly) you'd understand that I am saying that multiple enemies and ambushes IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE are not fun.

I one-shotted Artorias. You git gud.

I didn't quote you because it wasn't directed at you. It was a general message to anyone, and everyone.

neoism

So i just realised something while watching a DS2 Video on YouTube and wonder if i'm alone with this: very often when someone opens his/her inventory it's PACKED with useless stuff, weapons and armor they don't use and never will. Sometimes they want to switch to another weapon and can't find it among all that useless trash. "Omg omg where is it, where aahh come on quick quick - YOU DIED"

I always cringe at that and am like "y u no put stuff away at bonfire?" ;.;

Am i weird for only having stuff in my inventory that i really need/use?

yeah I noticed that on a video posted a few days ago -_- I only have what I use I want to collect one of everything but i really should go to that troll dude to sell all my shit its mostly worth nothing though :/
Yup, most of the gear stuff looks like rare drop.

i need the gloves and maybe their daggers
wooow soo you have to farm that armor I thought it was in a chest somewhere

:***(

Jaeger

Sir Alonne's fight makes me feel real special. The room is beautiful, and he's just sitting there all pimp-like waiting for the next challenger, protected by Alonne Knights. His moveset is similar to Old Dragonslayer, but he has a few surprises that make him a but deadlier.

Is
Artorias' sword
any good? Compared to say the Drangleic Sword?

It's really good, IMO.

neoism

Lol.
Fuck this, i'm done with this dlc.

55109-not-impressed--mlkshk-WkjN.gif

Zocano

So I just put the fire thing into the not fire thing to turn stuff on, to keep it vague.

Really enjoying the DLC but I miss the maze/dungeon-ness of the first. It's still pretty good and on par with the rest of the good levels in the series.

Mistel

Banned
Is
Artorias' sword
It's a pretty great greatsword it's real beauty is when wield in the left hand whilst powerstanced. At max it's a bit stronger than the Drangleic with 290 damage compared to the 270 of the former. Scaling is B/D compared to the C/A of the Drangleic.

As for the dlc itself I'm of the same opinion as Neoism he/she (I don't know sorry) said pretty much exactly what I think of it.

neoism

It's a pretty great greatsword it's real beauty is when wield in the left hand whilst powerstanced. At max it's a bit stronger than the Drangleic with 290 damage compared to the 270 of the former. Scaling is B/D compared to the C/A of the Drangleic.

As for the dlc itself I'm of the same opinion as Neoism he/she (I don't know sorry) said pretty much exactly what I think of it.

:p lol I love how you know everything about this game. I hope that sword isnt only farm-able... all I got so far is two not so great pryo spells and a shitty poke stick you need 30 int to use lol.. Is http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+2+Wiki the best wiki for this game its what Ive used for a long time but even they are slow on info for dlc...

Sullichin

Is
Artorias' sword

I like it a lot more than I thought I would considering
every artorias sword in DS1 sucks and has a heavy stat investment, plus you need to use it left handed to get the unique moveset. But the 1HL2 is really good, in PVE at least. I haven't upgraded it yet and it's good in PVE in the DLC area. (SL150, and I think I have base stats for the weapon)

:p lol I love how you know everything about this game. I hope that sword isnt only farm-able... all I got so far is two not so great pryo spells and a shitty poke stick you need 30 int to use lol.. Is http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+2+Wiki the best wiki for this game its what Ive used for a long time but even they are slow on info for dlc...

You don't have to farm for it, you just have to find it.

Finally got to the
Fume Demon
boss. For a supposed palette swap he is giving me some grief. I can take down Smelter in my sleep but this is a legit challenge. Should have him down soon enough, but it doesn't seem like as bad a copy paste as people make it out.

Edit: also, found the ambush of
Mad Warriors.
There better be something good on the other side.

Jaeger

Finally got to the
Fume Demon
boss. For a supposed palette swap he is giving me some grief. I can take down Smelter in my sleep but this is a legit challenge. Should have him down soon enough, but it doesn't seem like as bad a copy paste as people make it out.

Whom is he a swap of? Not saying he isn't, but that fight felt pretty original in terms of moveset.

every artorias sword in DS1 sucks and has a heavy stat investment, plus you need to use it left handed to get the unique moveset. But the 1HL2 is really good, in PVE at least. I haven't upgraded it yet and it's good in PVE in the DLC area. (SL150, and I think I have base stats for the weapon)

Yea, the sword is really good considering it gets
completely new moves left handed
. Which is odd since
Artorias
himself was right handed IIRC.

Storm is our Souls Bible. Seriously.

Mistel

Banned
Just enough to get by. Hidden weapon is pretty good with greatbows as they don't know you've got one, till well you shoot it.

v1perz53

I don't have a problem with multiple enemy fights, I just hate that based on what weapon you choose to use they can be pathetically easy or very hard. 1v1, every weapon is in some way viable, you either attack faster or you can wait for an opening to attack. But weapons with sweeping swings and fast to medium swing speed are so much better for group fights than others that it annoys me. Especially slow-ish weapons without superpoise on the swings, you could never get a hit off. Combine that with the annoying tendency in DkS 2 to have you and an enemy simultaneously hit (god this annoys me to no end), group fights just are often not fun. And god forbid they put a group fight in a narrow hallway, good luck with your halberd in there.

Mistel

Banned
God forbid they put a group fight in a narrow hallway, good luck with your halberd in there.
Most halberd and halberd like weapons are fine in a hallway unless you're spinning to win then you clip walls. Great hammers and ultras struggle more depending on moveset.

Can I ask what build you have when using it?

So they ashe sorceres drops daggers too?

I think I got to the second area is
the black iron mines
?

Looks like the king found the mineral in an
abyss chasm
Still the enemies positions are bad

Top Bottom