• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

v1perz53

Fought
Fume Knight a couple of times and lost. Seems like a fun fight

Where's the honor in that?

Hey, you still have to stay alive while he slowly dies of poison, it doesn't exactly make it super easy! Difficulty still lies in avoiding all his attacks and finding windows to heal.

NEO0MJ

Pfft. You're right *enters smelter room, uses bow gesture*

Damn straight. But seriously, I though it was one of the best fights in the game and would personally hate to win using such a tactic.

Hey, you still have to stay alive while he slowly dies of poison, it doesn't exactly make it super easy! Difficulty still lies in avoiding all his attacks and finding windows to heal.

You still remove one of the most dificult parts of the fight with that tactic, though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Damn straight. But seriously, I though it was one of the best fights in the game and would personally hate to win using such a tactic.

I didn't use that but I would have zero problem with it since I think it's a shit boss. Shiiiiiit!

hmm cool DLC, i dig this, especially the beginning (
walking up the giant chain with the epic views
). i got up to the second bonfire i think, a little further dropped down through some hatch and got brutally crushed by some crazy mob (
fuck you giant headless stone statue dickhead!
). oh well at least i managed to snag that very useful ring. i guess i'll try again tomorrow, absolutely no idea how to deal with that mob though, i had no chance with my limited melee skills.. might need to summon help.

v1perz53

Agh I'm so torn. My current faith character is my last character I have still in NG, but I am having a lot of fun with it and kind of want to take it to NG+. But I like experiencing the DLC first on NG so I can see what changes on my NG+ characters, and if I move this one I'd have to level a whole new guy for the next DLC. Decisions decisions.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah trying iron king myself and not feeling it nearly as much as i did sunken crown.

baiting surprise spawns then climbing a ladder and shooting them to death is not fun :/

Jaeger

IMO this DLC is way better than the first. Level design, aesthetics, items and equipment and bosses are all better.

I agree with ya here. Both have been incredibly fun. I laughed out loud when all the Mad Warriors spawned. IMO that was an awesome moment. They do have way less health, though.

I'm in love with Raime's Set and UGS, too.

Also a cool little 'secret':
Because of the Raime (Fume Knight) x Velstadt Lore, if you enter the Fume Knight boss fight wearing full Velstadt armour he will enter his second phase immediately.

http://a.pomf.se/wolwvf. webm

Woah. That's awesome.

Sir Alonne is a pretty cool fight. A lot easier than Fume; took me about 5 or 6 tries, I think (NG+). His helm is fantastic, too.

Is there anything else to do beyond the 3 bosses?

Mistel

Banned
Sir Alonne is a pretty cool fight. A lot easier than Fume; took me about 5 or 6 tries, I think (NG+). His helm is fantastic, too.

Is there anything else to do beyond the 3 bosses?
Geting Nadalia's stuff apart from that not really other than getting new equipment.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
It took me an embarrassing amount of tries to beat
Fume Knight
on NG++, but wow was it fun. He has so many attacks that I had a difficult time judging what he was going to do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Checked my saves, turns out I never went to NG+ on my tanky lady, and my Mage lady who is in NG+ is still in the poison castle area, so I can't do the DLC on her (for now), I can do it on the tank tho

So...I recently started making progress int he DLC. Spoilers AHOY!
I just killed Elana. God that bitch pissed me off, she teleports when I'm aobut to land the final blow on her, and Vlasdt comes in and smacks my face and kills me. She was so low too, the health was at N in Elana. So I went in again(thank god for that bonfire behind the illusory wall) and killed her before she could summon him heheheh. I must say, this is the first time I died to a Dragon in Dark Souls and felt it was due to my faults, not due to artificial difficulty bullshit he's actually a really good fight, I like it.

So...I recently started making progress int he DLC. Spoilers AHOY!
I just killed Elana. God that bitch pissed me off, she teleports when I'm aobut to land the final blow on her, and Vlasdt comes in and smacks my face and kills me. She was so low too, the health was at N in Elana. So I went in again(thank god for that bonfire behind the illusory wall) and killed her before she could summon him heheheh. I must say, this is the first time I died to a Dragon in Dark Souls and felt it was due to my faults, not due to artificial difficulty bullshit he's actually a really good fight, I like it.

Talk about a difficult fight eh? good to know you are enojying the game

Will the Mad Warrior respawn again if someone invaded me while I was fighting him and they killed me? Haven't got him to respawn in over 20 minutes.

vgBR.com

Banned
Just Killed Fume Knight now. Video below:

http://youtu.be/4venfvkG9Kc

Simply the hardest battle in the game so far to do solo.
And this from someone who killed Mytha on poison...

Totally erratic patterns and when
he lights the sword on fire, it simply killed me with 2 hits.

Had to forge the Ancient Dragon Sword and up it to stand a chance.

Screwed everything, took out my clothes and went for the full damage with flynn's ring.

Did it quickly with almost no hits taken, but putting a lot of pressure on the sucker.

elohel

really enjoying both of the dlc but the newest one is a little bit more my type and I really like the bonfire and enemy placement in iron king

neoism

22nd try this boss can go fuck its self GODDAMN one more fucking hit -_____-

WELP 40 fucking tries in and im DONE fuck this shit taking a good brake from this game this is rediculious the regular SD is fucking CAKE. FUCK those npc summons they are fucking useless... I tried a few times by myself also and I just dont understand I guess I just fucking suck at this game :********(
I even vessaled to this and 20 more tires nope got to 1/4 inch of health ownt....
ibzu8dF9a2l986.png
NEVER had to take this many tries for any boss in a souls game before..lol hell the way to get to him isnt even hard I just fucking run all the way their hell the "the short cut" is harder

I just dont understand..

WELP 40 fucking tries in and im DONE fuck this shit taking a good brake from this game this is rediculious the regular SD is fucking CAKE. FUCK those npc summons they are fucking useless... I tried a few times by myself also and I just dont understand I guess I just fucking suck at this game :********(
I even vessaled to this and 20 more tires nope got to 1/4 inch of health ownt....

NEVER had to take this many tries for any boss in a souls game before..lol hell the way to get to him isnt even hard I just fucking run all the way their hell the "the short cut" is harder

I just dont understand..

Tell me about it, magic is useless against the
blue smelter demon
and I dont even be in NG+.

The DLC is just high caped enemies with nearly zero poise compared to the normal game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I just dont understand..

22 tries jesus lol. Just do the fight alone, stay really close to him at all times, then if he does the plunge AOE thing toxic / poison and repeat.

Also look it's neo0mj fighting a boss heh heh

http://a.pomf.se/njwdzq. webm

I loveeeee how Dark Souls deals with poise.
Not sure if it's because they're a boss or not, but the enemy in full Havels has more significantly poise than me. Rather annoying tbh.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
WTF, about the
Fume
Knight boss, his buffed attack isn't
fire? It's firey orange and looks like fire but it goes through my Gyrm shield...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
WTF, about the
Fume
fire? It's firey orange and looks like fire but it goes through my Gyrm shield...

Both his weapons have Dark attribute when you get them so I think it's dark.

e: Well I only got the straight sword but I'm assuming the UGS does as well.

ElTopo

Banned
WTF, about the
Fume

I believe he's wielding magic. Best advice is to block the shortsword, keep your guard up, then when you see him swing with his enchanted sword you roll.

Got tired of waiting for the 3rd DLC so I finally went into NG++. I have noticed at least one new Phantom at the wharf but otherwise no differences. I'm going to be skipping a lot of optional shit in this run except the 1st DLC and Dark Lurker. Finally going to get the Great Chaos Fireball and Forbidden Sun and get the All Pyromancy Achievement. Plus Forbidden Sun looks really good for PVP.

I think Toxic could be the best PVE Pyromancy. Doesn't work against certain enemies (stone enemies mostly, and maybe knights, and every enemy in the 1st DLC now that I think about it) but it's really good for big enemies and has its uses for PVP. All the Pyromancies except for Great Chaos Fireball and Forbidden Sun kinda' suck for PVP though.

So far killed:

Last Giant, Pursuer (rooftop this time), Ruin Sentinels, Lost Sinner, and now working on Flexile Sentry.
The minions for Flexile Sentry always piss me off. I went in there with a Fire Enchantment (Flame Weapon) on my maxed out Red Iron Twin Blade, I have 50 Strength, 40 DEX, I two-handed it, and I have Ring of Blades+2 and I STILL couldn't one shot the minions. I thought I killed one but he in fact had 10 health in left. I couldn't believe it.

Levyne

Banned
So I finally beat the last boss, but I'm missing one idol I need to destroy. Any idea what an easy one to miss is?

Edit: But I'm missing two nadalia souls :(

Zocano

I did, except I ran out of
Smelter Wedges
so there's one left I think. I found the extra 4. Are there more than 10 total?

If you wanna know how many there are:
11 Idols that you destroy and 11 total wedges.

The last of those items is locked away after the boss so you're gonna have to deal with it sadly.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you wanna know how many there are:
11 Idols that you destroy and 11 total wedges.

The last of those items is locked away after the boss so you're gonna have to deal with it sadly.

That is such complete horseshit. Punish the players for doing what is expected of them, why don't you. -_-

The buffed sword is pissing me off. It hits too hard, has bullshit tracking and the weird delay on those swings having a different timing than before just throws off all your dodging timing. :( I never last more than a few seconds once he buffs.

Zocano

That is such complete horseshit. Punish the players for doing what is expected of them, why don't you. -_-

The buffed sword is pissing me off. It hits too hard, and the weird delay on those swings having a different timing than before just throws off all your dodging timing. :(

Yah, I woulda been annoyed if I found the one "hidden" idol before getting to the boss.

The boss itself is really awesome though. The sword buff is a nice switch up. Just gotta learn the timings is all.

edit:

On a different note, I beat (2nd DLC spoilers)
Sir Alonne
. Sheeeeit, what a good boss fight. Exactly the kind of things these "swordsman" bosses need to have to be interesting. Hell of a fight. I just ditched my shield entirely and two-handed my katana the whole fight. Was incredibly wonderful.

Levyne

Banned
Huh, I have 11 shards of the
Natalia
soul, and I swear I've destroyed every idol and I've beaten the
Fume Knight.
. Double checked the idols too and no luck. The missing one should still be there if I didn't pick it up, right?

Edit: Durrr, of course I find it NOW

neoism

one hour break it was eating me ALIVE first fucking try 2 amazing human beings <3 <3 helped me

;_____; DAT feeling <3

fuck you boss Neva Again

The buffed sword is pissing me off. It hits too hard, has bullshit tracking and the weird delay on those swings having a different timing than before just throws off all your dodging timing. :( I never last more than a few seconds once he buffs.

Yeah, he is a tough fight. Took me probably 20 tries and it wasn't until I got a summon who knew what they were doing before I took him down. Sure it's on ng++, but that isn't an excuse. It is the first Souls boss that I haven't been able to solo...

To make me feel even more inferior I just watched some dude roll him on ng+7 solo with no damage or shield.

Both his weapons have Dark attribute when you get them so I think it's dark.

e: Well I only got the straight sword but I'm assuming the UGS does as well.

Well FML, I was wondering why the Flame Quartz+3 didn't seem to do jack against his attacks.

Yeah, he is a tough fight. Took me probably 20 tries and it wasn't until I got a summon who knew what they were doing before I took him down. Sure it's on ng++, but that isn't an excuse. It is the first Souls boss that I haven't been able to solo...

To make me feel even more inferior I just watched some dude roll him on ng+7 solo with no damage or shield.

Well FML, I was wondering why the Flame Quartz+3 didn't seem to do jack against his attacks.

Wait, you could solo
Manus(I always got Sif to tank heh), Kalameet, and the graverobbers?
So far those are the only ones I have had problems soloing, although, I never did Demon Souls yet.

Levyne

Banned
Well, got all the items and spells I wanted. Really liked the area and bosses but the way some of those idols were set up was really lame.

For some reason my hexer feels really weak. Wonder if some needs to be tweaked based on patches I haven't paid attention to.

Wait, you could solo
So far those are the only ones I have had problems soloing, although, I never did Demon Souls yet.

I always thought
Manus was easy, didn't even know Sif was summonable until ENB made his video about it. Maybe I just got lucky but it only took me 2 attempts on my first playthrough. Kalameet and Artorius took a few more, but were managable enough.

Those damned grave robbers also took me a ton of attempts too, but I eventually got them by just running around like a mad man and getting dink and dunk hits when I could.

Well, got all the items and spells I wanted. Really liked the area and bosses but the way some of those idols were set up was really lame.

For some reason my hexer feels really weak. Wonder if some needs to be tweaked based on patches I haven't paid attention to.

I wouldn't say you are weak (some spells have been nerfed), the DLC is just tuned for end-game characters and everything hits hard. After getting my ass handed to me by large mobs in the DLC I can take a stroll through anywhere else in the game and it just isn't that difficult.

ElFly

Wait, you could solo

Demon in gral has easier bosses than the Dark games. It makes up by having loooong areas between checkpoints.

Top Bottom