• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Hm, is ayone else having problems 'purchasing' this? I have the season pass, but when I go to DLC on PSN the new DLC comes up as 9,99.

When I go to the Dark Souls II store page, the DLC isn't even there. Just the Sunken King DLC only.

EUR PSN, btw
Yep been that way since yesterday, annoying thing is that PSN is doing its maintenance in a couple hours and lasts until tomorrow for me (UK) so if it doesn't get fixed soon I'm going to have to wait until Friday :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Great another gauntlet before the fight. -_- Good thing the stone ring works to stagger the
Alonne
knights because that's way too annoying otherwise.

Gonna have to retry
Ser Alonne
tomorrow, I guess. Jesus he's fast, makes Artorias seems sluggish. Pretty much have to anticipate the rolls otherwise I get hit. :/

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I did it with rolls and a spear, and it got a lot easier once I got in my Pursuer's fight mindset: Don't be afraid to hug him like you love him. Until he powers up. Then run away like a spurned lover, and wait for him to catch up.

Rolling is rewarding, but risky.

If the roll isn't timed properly, its either half HP or insta kill (in NG+'s and above). While with a block its just easier, less risky.

Not to mention stamina consumption is less (compared to a roll) with a better shield and that ring I mentioned prior.

Ruuppa

Rolling is rewarding, but risky.

If the roll isn't timed properly, its either half HP or insta kill (in NG+'s and above). While with a block its just easier, less risky.

Not to mention stamina consumption is less (compared to a roll) with a better shield and that ring I mentioned prior.

Oh it is. Especially since you find the ring. Really makes greatshields work against everything, except players. I was three-shotted in NG, so yeah, one-shot in NG+ is right up there, much safer with a shield up.

Great another gauntlet before the fight. -_- Good thing the stone ring works to stagger the
Alonne
knights because that's way too annoying otherwise.

Gonna have to retry
Ser Alonne
tomorrow, I guess. Jesus he's fast, makes Artorias seems sluggish. Pretty much have to anticipate the rolls otherwise I get hit. :/

You can YOLO run through that gauntlet, but it's somewhat difficult. The first enemies do stop chasing you after dropping through the hole, and the second ones stop after you get to the fogdoor.

The one thing that's good about the boss's speed, is that if you do get a roll out before he hits you, you'll almost always roll through the attack; The time his attacks spend inside your hitbox is tiny! The only attack that has a deceptive hitbox is the powerup stab.

Beat the blue dickhead thanks to some helpful summons who both died when the boss was two hits from death, unfortunately. Now, to never fight him ever again.

Mogwai

Hm, is ayone else having problems 'purchasing' this? I have the season pass, but when I go to DLC on PSN the new DLC comes up as 9,99.

When I go to the Dark Souls II store page, the DLC isn't even there. Just the Sunken King DLC only.

EUR PSN, btw

Edit: Ah, found it, looks like they're looking into it... seems unlikely they'll fix it before the scheduled PSN maintenance :/
Damn. This is bad news.

Talk about being incompetent.

Haunted

Holy shit, how does From keep nailing one DLC after another, just spent two hours just exploring Brume Tower and it's brilliant. Used a soul vessel because miracles didn't really cut it anymore and I wanted to try out that sweet-looking
Majestic Greatsword.

Lovely stuff.

I've tried mailing them as well but haven't received a reply yet.
Hopefully they'll fix it soon so that we have time to download it before the maintenance.

They adressed this issue on twitter but so far no fix seems to be in sight.

PlayStation UK ‏@PlayStationUK 18 Std.
@lynx19eighty5 We are looking at this issue now and will update you once we have a solution

Bandai Namco UK ‏@BandaiNamcoUK 16 Std.
The latest Dark Souls II DLC isn't appearing as free for PS3 season pass owners. Please do not purchase it as we are working on fixing this.

Hopefully we don't have to wait for next week's PSN store update.

Kattbuss

They adressed this issue on twitter but so far no fix seems to be in sight.

PlayStation UK ‏@PlayStationUK 18 Std.
@lynx19eighty5 We are looking at this issue now and will update you once we have a solution

Bandai Namco UK ‏@BandaiNamcoUK 16 Std.
The latest Dark Souls II DLC isn't appearing as free for PS3 season pass owners. Please do not purchase it as we are working on fixing this.

Hopefully we don't have to wait for next week's PSN store update.

Yeah, I just got a reply from them saying the same thing. They also said that they didn't have a timeframe as to when it would be fixed.

Kattbuss

It seems to be fixed now for me. It shows up as Free in their web store.
Swedish PSN here. Now I just hope to get home from work in time before the downtime so I can download it...

Jaeger

So I got invaded in the [2nd DLC]
Memory of the Old Iron King
with some guy using an extremely long katana. I bowed to him, he bowed back, cool, a non-douchey invader right? I killed him with my dual whips. Then I get a message: "I see your name again I go tryhard, good luck".

Wot

Lol wtf

Been stuck on
Sir Alonne
for a while now, can't seem to find good opportunities to heal once my NPC phantoms die because he's just constantly on my ass.

Mistel

Banned
The Silverblack Spear has a really cool move-set! I've never used spears before but I might make this my main weapon on my mundane build.
Pate's would be better for mundane build it's the same moveset and is longer than the silverblack spear. Plus it is stronger at max when in mundane. 135 with E/D scaling verses 75/55 with D/E/D for the silverblack. If you don't mind using dragon bones the gargoyle bident is strike damage and still scales C for STR even whilst mundane only slightly weaker than pate's at 130 damage.

NEO0MJ

The Silverblack Spear has a really cool move-set! I've never used spears before but I might make this my main weapon on my mundane build.

Yorgh's
Spear is also pretty cool. At first I was disappointed reading its description because it didn't mention any spacial attacks like some boss weapons but it turn out that it has an interesting frankenstein-like moveset pulled fro many different classes of weapons.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Pharros Mask 'wets' users so they take more lightning damage and less fire damage.

Thanks From, more pyro nerfs : ^)

hiryu

Beat the 2nd DLC on NG yesterday. Very hard. Fume was tough but once I figured out to circle right on all attacks accept the slow horizontal flame sword swing it got easier.

Havel's shield made Alonne a joke. Beat him my second try.

I'm not looking forward to going through this on my NG++ character.

Jaeger

Beat the 2nd DLC on NG yesterday. Very hard. Fume was tough but once I figured out to circle right on all attacks accept the slow horizontal flame sword swing it got easier.

Havel's shield made Alonne a joke. Beat him my second try.

I'm not looking forward to going through this on my NG++ character.

I had to do it on NG+++. ><

I'm going to do all three DLC with my second character once it all releases, who is still only on NG.

Pharros Mask 'wets' users so they take more lightning damage and less fire damage.

Thanks From, more pyro nerfs : ^)

That's actually really freaking cool.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not really. Since it wets you, the effect goes away in two minutes.

And? 2 minutes of lower pyromancy damage is plenty.

Also I went up over 5 million soul memory only invading Iron Passage for the past day and a half. People sure are having trouble with Smelter.

Typical post-invasion exchange:
XAgvdQL.png

Sadly I keep spending my millions of souls buying more red-eye orbs so I'm getting pretty 'under-leveled' compared to people I'm invading.

Pate's would be better for mundane build it's the same moveset and is longer than the silverblack spear. Plus it is stronger at max when in mundane. 135 with E/D scaling verses 75/55 with D/E/D for the silverblack. If you don't mind using dragon bones the gargoyle bident is strike damage and still scales C for STR even whilst mundane only slightly weaker than pate's at 130 damage.

I'm not sure if there's another spear that shares the same moveset as the Silverblack Spear; Pate's Spear is all pokes and no sweeps. Also, I should have mentioned that my mundane build is scaling from 20 in most stats, so I'd need either 5 or 7 more points in dex to be able to use either of the other two spears.

hahaha, fume knight went berserk and buffed when I entered wearing velstadts armor. That was funny, guess he really hasn't forgotten his defeat.

NEO0MJ

Beat the
Fume Knight.
Pretty dificult, but it was a lot of fun. I then went to the
Old Iron King's memory.
As if the gauntlet itself wasn't enough, the boss of the area,
Sir Allone,
was so fast, it was something else. Only other boss from the soul series that moved as fast was Ornstein. Also, it was about time the souls series got a
Samurai
inspired boss.

Questions about the lore:

- what's the beef between
Veldstat and Raime
? Any details?
- about
Raime : his "newfound mother" is Nadalia, but who is his "regal father"?

ElFly

I am not sure if the Red Eye Ring functions properly against bosses in the game, but every bit of damage is needed in that boss fight.

Found loads of hosts to be dying in the fight, because of either mistakes or just not having patience in that fight.

Tried going in with larger weapons, but they drain loads of stamina and blocking with heavy shields do not work in that case (lower shields/less stability just gets destroyed in the fight for a second hit stagger damage). Then I tried with Vanquisher's Seal, but punching melee range is damn tiny and was missing loads of hits.

Then at last singled down to Rapier class weapons, because stamina consumption for R1 stabs are lowest in the game and counter damage offsets the weapons low damage (upto an extent).

-----
Alternatively, I tried the Ninja way too

with
.Sim
pleton
's Ring

.other weapons

But it really requires one to keep rolling and time it right, risky and damn painful to keep doing it (as compared to bit of leniency when you can just tap BLOCK with a shield and wait for the weapon hit to register, then reinstate block again)

Wait what exactly does the sim ring do?

Jaeger

Yea,
Sir Alonne
was epic. The room you duel him in is really beautiful.

And he is very quick. Very little room to breath in.

Veldstat and Raime
? Any details?
- about

-
Brothers
. The description on the Rebel's Greatshield says;

Shield of the rebel Raime.

Raime, and Velstadt were known as the left- and right-arms of the King, until their wills clashed, and Raime was deemed a traitor.

The black raven is despised as an augur of death, but it was Raime's favorite bird.

- Regal father would be
King Vendrick.

Veldstat and Raime
? Any details?
- about

He betrayed the King and was beat down. He gave himself to the abyss and became a monster.

Mistel

Banned
I'm not sure if there's another spear that shares the same moveset as the Silverblack Spear; Pate's Spear is all pokes and no sweeps. Also, I should have mentioned that my mundane build is scaling from 20 in most stats, so I'd need either 5 or 7 more points in dex to be able to use either of the other two spears.
Always forget those sweeps on the silverblack there is one spear that has them the partizan and that meets your all 20 build currently in requirements.

@Wreck

Dick.

Who here sends complimentary messages to other players?

i really only do it for USF4

i think might start doing it cause some invaders are 'sporting' meaning they will wave and bow

haha i've never red invaded only blue

i always lose too but hey i'm a magic user very mushy

@Wreck

And? 2 minutes of lower pyromancy damage is plenty.

Also I went up over 5 million soul memory only invading Iron Passage for the past day and a half. People sure are having trouble with Smelter.

Typical post-invasion exchange:
XAgvdQL.png

Sadly I keep spending my millions of souls buying more red-eye orbs so I'm getting pretty 'under-leveled' compared to people I'm invading.

well if you bow and wave i'll happily die

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what exactly does the sim ring do?

.Sim
pleton
's Ring

..gives you +
5 ADP
..makes you
invisible
(visual only) when you roll
...the visual effect takes place; initiated by a
puff of smoke and another puff of smoke
when leaving it

.imagine moving like anime characters or like the main character in the
'Jumper'
movie

Edit: Looks cool, especially during coop against a boss.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
.Sim
pleton
's Ring

..gives you +
5 ADP
..makes you
invisible
(visual only) when you roll
...the visual effect takes place; initiated by a
puff of smoke and another puff of smoke