• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Ruuppa

Ah, sweet memories of my first build when the PC version came out. All lightning spears and spin2win halberd madness, I couldn't be stopped!

I miss my 32 Great Lightning Spears and Lightning Defender Greatsword. Those really wrecked everything.

Now all the young kids are going Red Iron Twinblade this, or Rapier that. Pft! In my day we played with POWER.

ObbyDent

Banned
I miss my 32 Great Lightning Spears and Lightning Defender Greatsword. Those really wrecked everything.

Now all the young kids are going Red Iron Twinblade this, or Rapier that. Pft! In my day we played with POWER.

Have you used the RI Twinblade? It is power.

Ruuppa

Some of these new weapons laugh at the suggestion of a SL150 meta.

Smelter Hammer smiles upon you, indeedy. Fromsoft really wants you to level forever.
Watch Ivory King give us a weapon with 50/50/25/25 requirements.

Who do you lot prefer:
Sir Alonne
or Artorias?

Artorias. His movements aren't as teleport-y, but still dangerous as hell.
Sir Fernando Alonso
feels like he suffers from the sped-up FPS stuff that normal Alonnes suffer from (on PC).

ElFly

.Sim
pleton
's Ring

..gives you +
5 ADP
..makes you
invisible
(visual only) when you roll
...the visual effect takes place; initiated by a
puff of smoke and another puff of smoke
when leaving it

.imagine moving like anime characters or like the main character in the
'Jumper'
movie

Edit: Looks cool, especially during coop against a boss.

Oh I didn't know about the stat increase :O

Jaeger

I guess I'll be invading soon as
Sir Alonne
, with extra stuff later today. If my goddamned internet is back on when I get home, that is.

I'll detail my build when I get home, too.

ElTopo

Banned
hahaha smelter 2.0 made DSP rage quit because he can't use his light spears anymore.

At least some good came from the new DLC.

Who do you lot prefer:
Sir Alonne
or Artorias?

I'm not really terribly versed in lore for the Souls games so I think Artorias is a little overrated but Artorias had some really cool variety of attacks and it felt like it was all leading up to fighting him. DS1 DLC just had a better sense of pacing and had the advantage of not re-using old assets. The first DS2 DLC was great, had a great sense of pacing and wonder and all that. The only thing it fails at is that all of the bosses were re-used assets.

the 2nd DLC just had a worse sense of pacing and it just felt like "Oh, I'm fighting Artorias 2.0, neat I guess."but I found Artorias 2.0 to be much harder then his DS1 counterpart.

It's kind of a 50/50 for me. Artorias had a better set up and actual lore and reasons to exist but I found him pretty easy (I beat him on my first attempt). Artorias 2.0 lacks that set up and lore but he's much, much harder. I would go Artorias 2.0 if the rest of the DLC around him was good but it isn't so in terms of overall experience the original Knight Artorias wins out.

SoldnerKei

Who do you lot prefer:
Sir Alonne
or Artorias?

Artorias all day

I loved that fight and couldn't help but feel bad for killing him

so, what's the best looking gear from the DLC so far? I got some stuff but haven't wear it yet, was too busy raging at
Smelter Smelly Demon

v1perz53

Is there an actually up to date resource that shows when Sunlight Spear and Greater Lightning Spear get extra casts? (at what attunement) Everything is showing when GLS gets its 11th cast or something, which is clearly from pre-patch.

Ruuppa

so, what's the best looking gear from the DLC so far? I got some stuff but haven't wear it yet, was too busy raging at
Smelter Smelly Demon

Fume Sorcerer top is brilliant for girls, and the gloves are nice, but the rest of the set leaves something to be desired. The pants are really tight!

Sir Alonso's
set is quite brilliant, very samurai, except maybe for the helmet. Too many eyes.

Phooey Knight's
set is ehhn, but YMMV.

FtHTiny

Finished the new dlc yesterday. I really liked the setting and enemies.

Only the reuse of one of the bosses was kinda unsatisfying for me.
Also didn´t think that
fume knight
would be the "endboss". Got to him and couldn´t put out the healing statues but that didn´t bring up any issue because holding him in the middle was no issue. I acutally found him harder with two swords, when he put the fast one away dodging everything became kinda easy.
Sir Allone
on the other hand was great and very challanging but the worst corpse run ever.

Jaeger

I like
Sir Alonne
a lot, but it's still Artorias by far. No comparison really, even if you exclude the Sif tie-ins (finding him with Artorias' shield, Manus summon, altered cutscene if you fight Sif after the DLC).

Yea there was alot more going on with Artorias. By the time we see him, we already know so much about him, and the tragedy that has befallen him and the other Knights.

There is really no comparison outside of a similar battle.

We know very little about
Sir Alonne, outside of him coming from far east, and serving the Iron King briefly

NEO0MJ

Who do you lot prefer:
Sir Alonne
or Artorias?

Artorias, though I don't really think that they're comparable.
Sir Alonne
though had an amazing arena, really beautiful.

Sir Allone
on the other hand was great and very challanging but the worst corpse run ever.

I felt that they were giving the people who were complaining about how close most bonfires are to the bosses what they wanted.

Sullichin

Damn, having like a 10% success rate on
Fume Knight
co-op as a phantom. The host always dies. Seems like people are having a lot of trouble with that guy.

v1perz53

Gotta love playing on the PC version and getting the "XXX Weapon at Risk" message and having the weapon break on the same swing.. If they can't fix the durability issue could they at least patch the message to show up when hitting 20% durability or something?

Ruuppa

Gotta love playing on the PC version and getting the "XXX Weapon at Risk" message and having the weapon break on the same swing.. If they can't fix the durability issue could they at least patch the message to show up when hitting 20% durability or something?

Try Greathammers. They barely last through a single boss. I hate them with a passion, but I want to make them work :(

Damn, having like a 10% success rate on
Fume Knight
co-op as a phantom. The host always dies. Seems like people are having a lot of trouble with that guy.

He's kind of like Ancient Dragon; Summoning just makes him meaner. Especially since he gets really long range attacks in his second phase.

Jaeger

DSP is confused the entire time while playing. Mostly about items and mechanics pre-DLC.

How did he make it this far, I do not know.

Well I found two bosses in the second DLC, and what I think is the 3rd one but can't get to that one yet.

The runs to
Fume Knight
and
Smelter 2.0
aren't that bad as we can only fight a few enemies to get to them. Although, being on NG++, I have
two black phantoms guarding Smelter's entrance and, though easy to beat, take quite some time to die.

Now I need to get some practice on those bosses...

Sullichin

Try Greathammers. They barely last through a single boss. I hate them with a passion, but I want to make them work :(

He's kind of like Ancient Dragon; Summoning just makes him meaner. Especially since he gets really long range attacks in his second phase.

Yup, but it's actually a really fun coop boss unlike Ancient Dragon. Pretty funny to see a caster land a 300 dmg soul spear and then get 1 hit KOd.

ElTopo

Banned
Well I found two bosses in the second DLC, and what I think is the 3rd one but can't get to that one yet.

The runs to
Fume Knight
and
Smelter 2.0
aren't that bad as we can only fight a few enemies to get to them. Although, being on NG++, I have
two black phantoms guarding Smelter's entrance and, though easy to beat, take quite some time to die.

Now I need to get some practice on those bosses...

When I was on NG+ I noticed no phantoms guarding him. I like the fact that there's little changes like that in each New Game level.

Hmmm, I have 11 fragments of Nadialia's soul, with one wedge left. I can't figure out where the last one is, I feel like I went everywhere.

ElTopo

Banned
Rushing through now, got to Iron Keep and got the ladder lowered for the Gutter. Going to try to get through them later.

Got Invaded at Eatheren Peak but I was near that gate that the maniken locks on you and managed to lock out the Invader. A gesture battle ensued. After a couple of minutes I opened the gate and killed him with my Red Iron Twin Blade.

Sullichin

Rushing through now, got to Iron Keep and got the ladder lowered for the Gutter. Going to try to get through them later.

Got Invaded at Eatheren Peak but I was near that gate that the maniken locks on you and managed to lock out the Invader. A gesture battle ensued. After a couple of minutes I opened the gate and killed him with my Red Iron Twin Blade.

This doesn't sound familiar

Top Bottom