• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

I still dont understand how you guys cam compare Artorias with the
fume knight
, he is like the counter against heavy armor and just that. pretty easy with light gear

Man, fuck the Fume Knight, fuck it I'm done. I get him to 50% hp and then he suddenly starts rapidly healing and then buffs himself and OHKOs me. This guy is no fucking joke, he makes all the regular Dark Souls 2 bosses look like garbage.

Gotta farm those sticks to kill the Idols....

I'm curious, does this work with bosses? Namely,
Elana
?

She have a small window to get stunned in her starting casts except her summons

Jaeger

Man, fuck the Fume Knight, fuck it I'm done. I get him to 50% hp and then he suddenly starts rapidly healing and then buffs himself and OHKOs me. This guy is no fucking joke, he makes all the regular Dark Souls 2 bosses look like garbage.

Use the Smelter Wedges to destroy the things on the outside of the room to stop the healing. It's not him, but those that heal him when he gets close. And you can roll evade everything he does.

fume knight
, he is like the counter against heavy armor and just that. pretty easy with light gear

I don't recall people comparing him to Fume. It was Sir Alonne.

Two handed attacks deal more poise damage than a single handed attack will. A two handed blacksword with the stone will also stagger the enemies according to this:

Im aware that they can be stunned, and it is especially easy with the twinblade + stone ring (which now ups poise damage by 30, if the wiki is correct. yeesh). What im pointing out is that it is absurd that you can take 90% of an enemy's hp in a single hit and not have the target go into a stun animation. Should be two checks, one for total poise damage, and another for hp % on hit, and if one of those criteria is fullfilled, stun.

fume knight

Gotta farm those sticks to kill the Idols....

She have a small window to get stunned in her starting casts except her summons

Crap, that was what I was hoping to do it during D:. My host keeps dying when she does her summons, one in particular :p.

NEO0MJ

Man, I don't know what to do now that I beat Crown of the Old Iron King. Come on From, I need my fix of new content!
I'm mostly angry because I want to move to NG+ but I don't want to do so without first beating the final DLC chapter.

The Bewitched Alonne Sword really isn't that great, but man, is it swish.

I'm just disappointed it's not as long as
not as long as Sir Alonne's sword.

Man, I don't know what to do now that I beat Crown of the Old Iron King. Come on From, I need my fix of new content!
I'm mostly angry because I want to move to NG+ but I don't want to do so without first beating the final DLC chapter.

Make a new character and play through the DLC :p.

Found
sir alonne
, most of his moves have instant frames to deal with it......

Also holy shit, did the Iron King met the
God of war
down there in the mines?

neoism

lol the other two bosses only took me three tries apiece :p really dont understand why SD ownt my face last night..... got all the armor too I swear I really just love Velstadt's armor. I was hoping to love the new stuff more the aloone armor isnt very good looking at all... Raime's is better but still not that great.. I love aloone's helm though. Still got some other places to go in the dlc and I have like 3 of the soul pieces left but it was over tooo quick :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

AngryMoth

Didn't notice one on my play through but I don't suppose there's a better spot to farm twinkling in the new DLCs? I hate farming dragon aerie and I need so much of it :(

Yeah, in the first DLC there is infinite bonfire ascetics, petrified dragon bone and twinkling titanite! At the bottom of this page is how to do it:

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/twinkling-titanite

Upon finding that out on my own for the first time made me happy in ways words could no express. It was like Fromsoft for once felt compassion and consideration to the players...but all that changed when the
graverobbers
attacked.

Jaeger

Upon finding that out on my own for the first time made me happy in ways words could no express. It was like Fromsoft for once felt compassion and consideration to the players...but all that changed when the
graverobbers
attacked.

Let the trap on the steps take care of them.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
i5DtqZE.jpg

lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Finally realized
Smelter 2's aura
does dark damage. Would have been immensely helpful the few times I had him to 2 or 3 hits left :(

Let the trap on the steps take care of them.

I'm not familiar with this. What are you referring to here?

Finally realized
Smelter 2's aura
does dark damage. Would have been immensely helpful the few times I had him to 2 or 3 hits left :(

Really? I thought for sure it was magic damage. Then again, I thought Fume Knight did fire damage. Dark Quartz+3 ring and Great Magic Shield should help a lot on that fight.

Haunted

The
Alonne
fight is so fucking good. The music, the arena, it's perfect.

I think I like this DLC even better than the first one. Definitely one of the best areas in a Souls game across all three games, imo.

On the one hand, the DLC so far truly is a best of of past boss fights in the series. From
Artorias 2.0
to
Kalameet 2.0
to
Smelter Demon 2.0
, it's just tremendous. That said, I do wish the last DLC to have a completely new and different boss fight for the grand finale.

Jaeger

I'm not familiar with this. What are you referring to here?

Really? I thought for sure it was magic damage. Then again, I thought Fume Knight did fire damage. Dark Quartz+3 ring and Great Magic Shield should help a lot on that fight.

I'm wonder if
Shiva and Sir Alonne
have any connections, other than having similar armor designs, and both hailing from "..the East".

So... today fought
Blue Smelter
; I was doing it all wrong yesterday. Decided to go solo and it was much easier to reach the boss that way... it's a shame I couldn't go with the 2 NPC summons... I kinda liked them (*HELLOOOOOOO*). After clearing my way I saw a sunbro sign and together we crushed
Blue Smelter

Now I have to return to my main objective and beat the other bosses... that would have to wait though, gotta wake up early for my job (otherwise I won't have money for the third DLC =P)

PranooY

Right Next to the 2nd Bonfire, there is a room with a corpse, 2 bull fire head and 2 floating archers, which cannot be unlocked from the bonfire side. Later I come through different route and get the item from the corpse. But I died before clicking "x". What was the item and do i loose the item since i died before clicking x?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Right Next to the 2nd Bonfire, there is a room with a corpse, 2 bull fire head and 2 floating archers, which cannot be unlocked from the bonfire side. Later I come through different route and get the item from the corpse. But I died before clicking "x". What was the item and do i loose the item since i died before clicking x?

The corpse on the balcony outside?

I just went through there today and don't remember exactly. It wasn't anything too special, It was something like a Longsword+7. I don't know if it changes on NG level but my playthrough is NG++. You should have the item in your inventory, whatever it was.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I really really hate the gauntlet up to Smelter Demon part deux. It is not fun or interesting, just a slog. I can barely get to the fog gate as it is. The shortcut isn't even worth it, I can't consistently get past both the gates. Coop is terrible too, the hosts I go with have no better luck than I.
100% agreed. The fact that the mages make you fatroll to prevent a speedrun is just all manners of dickish from From. Come on. -_-

Hahaha that's great.

Carcetti

The new DLC is really eating at my nerves. I get invaded a lot more here in awkward spots and going from PS3 to PC I rolled a no-armor shieldless 'Fashion souls' mage who's getting obliterated by the monsters in there. So a couple of Giant Lords and Ascetics later I'm now a Havel Hexer whose shield clips into the armor shoulder pads. Hope you're happy!

takriel

Just beat the Old Iron King, and saw that a new passage has opened behind the Primal Bonfire. But when I go in I can do nothing there. Is this the DLC and only activated when I pay?

It's like: "See all that? Want to play through it? Fuck you, pay first!"

Just beat the Old Iron King, and saw that a new passage has opened behind the Primal Bonfire. But when I go in I can do nothing there. Is this the DLC and only activated when I pay?

It's like: "See all that? Want to play through it? Fuck you, pay first!"

Yes, that is the 2nd DLC for the Crown of the Old Iron King. You can get a free taste of it. Drop your sign in either of the special rooms on the side to get summoned into someone else's world.

I finished the first DLC last night and loved it. All the switches and traps and the more complex level design are a nice improvement from the main game. Bosses are quite good too, the dragon is very similar to others in the series though, he wasn't all that challenging. He's basically Kalameet 2.

Hope the second DLC is as good.

I regret using ascetics in the Undead Crypt to farm Soul Vessels... Dat NG+++++ Velstadt and all his stupid Syan Soldiers :(

Edit: And not to mention getting invaded by idiot blues who ring the stupid bells as I'm fighting the Syan Soldiers! Get the hell outta here!

Ruuppa

I regret using ascetics in the Undead Crypt to farm Soul Vessels... Dat NG+++++ Velstadt and all his stupid Syan Soldiers :(

Edit: And not to mention getting invaded by idiot blues who ring the stupid bells as I'm fighting the Syan Soldiers! Get the hell outta here!

Sinner's pay the price, don'tchaknow?

Velstadt is one of the bosses that's horrible on NG+ and onwards. He begins to OHKO you real fast.

Defuser

Sir Alonne = Best boss fight ever!!!!

My god, it's up right there with Artorias boss fight. This is the kind of boss I would like to see more often. It's so damn fucking fun to dodge his attacks. I powerstance dual Blacksteel Katanas and just use the strong attack whenever I got the chance, man it's exhilarating.

UrbanRats

So i found the
Fume Knight
Killed me twice as a summon and twice soloing by my self.
I feel demoralized, because his attack pattern is pretty basic (at least until he
gets fire on his sword
) but i just couldn't concentrate, i kept missing a lot of rolls.

Top Bottom