• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

So i found the
Fume Knight
Killed me twice as a summon and twice soloing by my self.
I feel demoralized, because his attack pattern is pretty basic (at least until he
gets fire on his sword
) but i just couldn't concentrate, i kept missing a lot of rolls.
The guy is hardcore, especially when he
sets his sword on fire
. It took me quite a few tries and a fair bit of raging, definitely harder than any boss from the first DLC imo.

His attacks are indeed easy to evade, but one you get hit it's hard to get back in the zone and most of the time it's game over. Especially after
FIRE

PranooY

Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight
without the help of NPCs or players. And it is not going well. I'm good till abt 75% of the fight. Is there any shield that can entirely block his fire damage?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight
without the help of NPCs or players. And it is not going well. I'm good till abt 75% of the fight. Is there any shield that can entirely block his fire damage?

Gyrm Greatshield or Havel's both have 100% Fire Resistance, I think.

Sullichin

Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight

Fire Rebel's Greatshield will have 100% fire block, but only like 75% physical. It's possible to kill him before he buffs if you're fast enough. Maybe I was just lucky.

EDIT: Grym Greatshield is definitely a better suggestion. Don't mind me. I don't use greatshields

Ruuppa

Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight

Gyrm Greatshield, perhaps. Summoning on him is a bit of a bad idea, since even without summons, he's a huge tank with a huge cannon. He's kind of like in Ancient Dragon in that respect.

SoldnerKei

played a bit yesterday, I am trying to get all the pieces of the lady on fire soul, I hate the cursed sections on this dlc, good thing they're short

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Gyrm Greatshield, perhaps. Summoning on him is a bit of a bad idea, since even without summons, he's a huge tank with a huge cannon. He's kind of like in Ancient Dragon in that respect.

Using Grym or Havels, It depends if the fight is in NG (and NG+) or NG++ (and above).

For NG and bonfire ascetic/NG+; Grym Greatshield helps a lot, but reinforcing the shield with a buff is warranted (during half way in the fight).

Me fighting as a Phantom (contains DLC_2 spoilers) - http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/44229417862774138/D8F8FD827324C389ADBEC5374419614F02250EFB/

Mistel

Banned
Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight
The gyrm greatshield will but it's not just fire damage he does as it still gets some damage on you.

PranooY

No it won't really. It's dark damage so it doesn't really gain much reduction from upgrading.
I gave up on blocking and started rolling.
And beat
Fume Knight
alone without any summon. Yaay.

Btw I fought only one boss now and got the crown. Where the hell is the other 2 bosses. I heard there is 3 bosses in total. Edit: don't tell me. ;) Now the smelter katana spot is shining. Checking it out.

Jaeger

I gave up on blocking and started rolling.
And beat
Fume Knight
alone without any summon. Yaay.

Btw I fought only one boss now and got the crown. Where the hell is the other 2 bosses. I heard there is 3 bosses in total. Edit: don't tell me. ;) Now the smelter katana spot is shining. Checking it out.

Enjoy!

Never tried dual wielding with one of the weapons being an UGS before now. Used a curved sword and rapier for a little while but spent most of my time with dual katanas. Always thought that using two huge weapons at once looked dumb as hell and I'd never bothered to pair one up with a smaller, faster weapon on my offhand until I decided to try out a
Raime cosplay build
this morning and it's actually a lot of fun. I'm not crazy about the moveset of that particular UGS, but it looks dope as hell (reminds me a bit of the
DBS from DeS
) and having the other sword out with it gives me a lot of more options to get in.

sunnz

One thing I liked a lot about demon souls was that it was very simple and easy to know were to go and what path to take.

I feel like I am at an end and I just beat the old dragonslater, so very early on in the game.
Don't know what path to take.

Also, nothing like beating a boss to save 20,000 souls ( thought the fog lead to another room, not a boss) and then end up losing the souls to gravity.

Ok, i'm fighting the
Fume Knight

Use light armor, the only time you can get hit is where He casts the fire orbs

Keep exploring
In a chest in the main building there is a mask that adds 1000 to your curse resistance

Good luck finding it, is so random

Ruuppa

Keep exploring
In a chest in the main building there is a mask that adds 1000 to your curse resistance

What?! Where?! I swear I searched high and low for ages for that thing, and never found it.
I did find the two breakable walls with the Catarina boots + gloves and Petrified Dragonbones, but no funky Hollowmask.

PranooY

Hated
Smelter Demon
in the main game, hate him more now. Anyways beat him.

I love
Alone Boss
, but the long journey to reach him is pissing me off soo much. Summoning the AI to reach the boss helps tho. Since I want to fight him alone, I usually send them back at the fog gate.

There is a door that opens from the other side I have yet to figure out. Starting at the Foyer bonfire, if you take the lift up, just before you get to the top if you jump off to the level below it, I can go right down a hallway. It ends in a door I can't open from that side. Next to it is an elevated exit to another hallway I haven't been able to get to either. Any idea's?

What?! Where?! I swear I searched high and low for ages for that thing, and never found it.
I did find the two breakable walls with the Catarina boots + gloves and Petrified Dragonbones, but no funky Hollowmask.

I heard is in a elevador just facing the wall while its moves to unlock a secret illusory wall

Ruuppa

I heard is in a elevador just facing the wall while its moves to unlock a secret illusory wall

Wow, that's just... Just great. No wonder I didn't find it. How the heck would you even think to search that, jeez.

There is a door that opens from the other side I have yet to figure out. Starting at the Foyer bonfire, if you take the lift up, just before you get to the top if you jump off to the level below it, I can go right down a hallway. It ends in a door I can't open from that side. Next to it is an elevated exit to another hallway I haven't been able to get to either. Any idea's?

Throw a firebomb at the door or punch it with a fire weapon/pyromancy fist.
There's nothing special in there though.

elohel

This new dlc at the very least level design wise is great

I read one review that noted that a lot of the iron king stuff comes down to exploiting the systems within the game and I definitely get that vibe and it's a lot of fun

that dark room that curses you at the third bonfire is cool but what does that statue control in the room? I haven't spent enough time to clear all the enemies in the area

I read one review that noted that a lot of the iron king stuff comes down to exploiting the systems within the game and I definitely get that vibe and it's a lot of fun

that dark room that curses you at the third bonfire is cool but what does that statue control in the room? I haven't spent enough time to clear all the enemies in the area

Do you mean the Ashen idol? It is causing the curse in the room, take it out and no more curse. There is just loot down there. It is all worth getting.

Ruuppa

It controls the curse and the enemy buff.

Edit: Poor guy.
fqMVTrU.jpg

Mistel

Banned
Wow, that's just... Just great. No wonder I didn't find it. How the heck would you even think to search that, jeez.
I found it by accident I don't expect anyone to actually know it was there whilst exploring about the place. Suppose it's a bit like the catarina stuff earlier on.

Hated
Smelter Demon
in the main game, hate him more now. Anyways beat him.

I love
Alone Boss
, but the long journey to reach him is pissing me off soo much. Summoning the AI to reach the boss helps tho. Since I want to fight him alone, I usually send them back at the fog gate.
That's just terrible design, I lost to him once, not gonna bother again, that area is just a huge pain in the ass, designed to be as annoying, time consuming and repetetive as possible. I know I can beat all those guys, it just takes forever to do so.

Bad From. Disappointing piece of DLC all in all, after the first one which was pretty brilliant.

Jaeger

Finally got the
Minotaur Helmet
!

Gold Serpent Ring +2 + Traveling Merchant Hat +10 + Prisoner's Tatters +10 + Rusted Coin x1. Second attempt after a few days of failure.

Sendero

Absolutely great DLCs.
But I'm in trouble. I used all the Smelter Wedges that I could find, yet I'm missing one of the Ashen idols that
heals the Fume Knight
. Searched everywhere, so got frustated and resorted to wikis.

Am I understanding correctly that the missing Wedge can only be obtained after I defeat such boss? If so, what's the point? Wasn't aware that I should not have "wasted" them.

Argh, I'm guessing that's going to be a VERY though fight.

Absolutely great DLCs.
But I'm in trouble. I used all the Smelter Wedges that I could find, yet I'm missing one of the Ashen idols that
heals the Fume Knight
. Searched everywhere, so got frustated and resorted to wikis.

Am I understanding correctly that the missing Wedge can only be obtained after I defeat such boss? If so, what's the point? I wasn't aware that I should not have "wasted" them.

Argh, I'm guessing that's going to be a VERY though fight.
Yeah you get the last one after defeating thé other boss.

ElTopo

Banned
Just curious, what are the best Armor sets so far? Because I'm still rocking my maxed out Alone Knight Captain armor and you know what? It's good. It's in the 300 range except for the helm which is at about 150 or so (too lazy to check right now) though I do have the Looking Glass Knight Gauntlets on and they're maxed out.

Pooya

beat the Fffing knight. Somehow he forgot to charge up in time and not until I only needed 3-4 hits to kill it which I accidentally managed to land. hah

Majestic GS worth upgrading?

Top Bottom