• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
Pretty easy if you go the Giant Lord bonfire route with extra souls equip. Can easily get nearly 500k each time in like 5 minutes at a time.
Looking at the soul requirement it's still quite a lot. But I assume they have the ludicrous equipment by the point so it's probably a breeze.

GulAtiCa

Looking at the soul requirement it's still quite a lot. But I assume they have the ludicrous equipment by the point so it's probably a breeze.

Soul Level Up caps out at like lv 250 with 300k souls. And then only adds like 1k for each extra level. My main at level 349 or so only needs like 375k souls for each level. At this point in the game, getting an extra level is actually fairly easy. Esp with co-op and invasions. And that is without soul farming.

bobawesome

Uh... I'm wearing the King's chest and pants right now... is that bad?

No, not at all. I love the set itself and I think it has somewhat decent defense for how light it is. I spent a few hours grinding twinkling titanite for the set, however, and the added defense is almost negligible.

mollipen

Hey, sorry to ask for the favor, but is there anyone who could make a quick check of the current world death count? I need the number for something, but won't be at home to check for myself until much later today.

My current kit is Drangleic Helm, King's Armor, King's Leggings, and Mad Warrior Gauntlets, all at various levels of reinforcement.

No, not at all. I love the set itself and I think it has somewhat decent defense for how light it is. I spent a few hours grinding twinkling titanite for the set, however, and the added defense is almost negligible.

Ah ok, you had me scared there for a minute. I think it's the game's coolest set by far.

My current kit is Drangleic Helm, King's Armor, King's Leggings, and Mad Warrior Gauntlets, all at various levels of reinforcement.

I'm using King's chest and legs too, but have a Drakekeeper Helm and Engraved Guantlets. Drakekeeper helm with the King's chest piece looks really amazing.

Mistel

Banned
Hey, sorry to ask for the favor, but is there anyone who could make a quick check of the current world death count? I need the number for something, but won't be at home to check for myself until much later today.
35,899,774 PC, 221,440,790 PS3 and 85,850,468 Xbox 380.

It's even easier if you do it by invading there, you get an ascetic for every win. It's weird, you can use estus when invading but the enemies are also hostile both of you. I racked them up very quickly this way since it's always a 1v1.
I didn't even know you could be invaded there either, lol! Still so much to do. still haven't done any of the pvp covenant arena stuff, always working on character builds (lol, like that matters any more!) and then get bored and start a new character just like in DS1.

Pretty easy if you go the Giant Lord bonfire route with extra souls equip. Can easily get nearly 500k each time in like 5 minutes at a time.

Heck, just doing invassions and being invaded constantly can get you an avg of 100k easily each time on average, sometimes 200k+. I once got 500k for defeating a guy who tried to invade me.

Not implying the guy is cheating or anything. Just thought it was funny that the guy in the #2 spot is literally miles below the #1 guy when it comes to stats.

Which moonlight greatsword upgrade path is good for a build with high intel and faith? 50/50

I'm currently using lightning path. It does a lot of damage to everything except Dragon Acolyteand and lion warriors. I was wondering if making it dark would be better? Are there a lot of enemies resistant to dark?

Mistel

Banned
For a second I read this as your own SM for each system... lol
I'd be the most overpowered dual avylen havel mage in the world.
Which moonlight greatsword upgrade path is good for a build with high intel and faith? 50/50

I'm currently using lightning path. It does a lot of damage to everything except Dragon Acolyteand and lion warriors. I was wondering if making it dark would be better? Are there a lot of enemies resistant to dark?
If you make it enchanted you will get S scaling and it converts the damage to physical too. Or you could make it dark for S/B scaling.

Fists stun lock GG. Where is poise? What's the point of using weapons and spells when you can just jump in with fists and stun lock to death? So many things wrong with this garbage game.

AngryMoth

Fists stun lock GG. Where is poise? What's the point of using weapons and spells when you can just jump in with fists and stun lock to death? So many things wrong with this garbage game.
I have seen so many people trying the fist stunlock but I've never been caught in it, I must be really hard to pull off. There are way worse stunlocks such as dual lances

I'd be the most overpowered dual avylen havel mage in the world.

If you make it enchanted you will get S scaling and it converts the damage to physical too. Or you could make it dark for S/B scaling.

The MLGS is still the best weapon I've tried easily, I think I added magic to it and it upped it like 6 damage, Dark does S scaling for INT and B for Faith?

Mistel

Banned
The MLGS is still the best weapon I've tried easily, I think I added magic to it and it upped it like 6 damage, Dark does S scaling for INT and B for Faith?
From wikidot:
The intelligence or faith stat bonus that influence the dark attack of the weapon(The higher of the two stats is chosen as the bonus stat)
So it gets scaling from which ever is highest.

Tell you what, Gaf. If there was one game so criminally held back by fucking lag, it's Dark Souls II. I had the worst couple of hours of PvP last night. 80% of bouts were decided by winning blows that didn't even visually register on my end.

Not to mention, everyone is a katana/resonant weapon nong now. And EVERYONE HEALS. Goddamnit. It is the most base-level common courtesy. What are you proving by healing repeatedly and beating me in a battle of attrition? Who are you impressing? How are you satisfied? I don't understand it.

GulAtiCa

I killed K
ing
V
endrick
with only taking 2 hits with 4 Giant Souls with my Pyro character. Went almost whole match without a hit too till very end. Damn. Really got good at dodging. I found staying VERY close and circling around to the right and ending up behind him ended up with him ignoring me for a few seconds at a time.

I killed K V with only taking 2 hits with 4 Giant Souls with my Pyro character. Went almost whole match without a hit too till very end. Damn. Really got good at dodging. I found staying VERY close and circling around to the right and ending up behind him ended up with him ignoring me for a few seconds at a time.

That was pretty much my experience, I kept seeing everyone talking how tough he was, so I was like, "Oh shit I better get all five of these souls first" then he was easy. Probably my fault for spoiling myself on the fight heh

AngryMoth

Tell you what, Gaf. If there was one game so criminally held back by fucking lag, it's Dark Souls II. I had the worst couple of hours of PvP last night. 80% of bouts were decided by winning blows that didn't even visually register on my end.

Not to mention, everyone is a katana/resonant weapon nong now. And EVERYONE HEALS. Goddamnit. It is the most base-level common courtesy. What are you proving by healing repeatedly and beating me in a battle of attrition? Who are you impressing? How are you satisfied? I don't understand it.
I have been getting really sick of people healing in area duels so I've started chugging all my flasks at the start of the match and so far everyone has had the honour to reciprocate. Just fought a guy who started using life gens when he was low so I have gave hime the well what is it and kicked his ass.

Lag hasn't been too bad for me, it ruins the occasional fight but most of the time it's manageable.

Mistel

Banned
I spent about 5 or so minutes staring at his backside it was very easy with my mastodon greatsword two handed not a single scratch on me.

GulAtiCa

My biggest issue was always trying to roll away from his attacks and then being hit obviously. Finally learned to roll into and to the right into his attacks, thus making so he could never hit me. 2 handed a light weapon.

Jaeger

Just got through playing the original Dark Souls a bit. Man, the controls feel much worse than DS2's. Jumping and rolling feels off, and uncomfortable. Even basic movement/running feels odd.

DS2's controls feels much better, to me.

I totally agree with you.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Looks like if you try to jump onto the pillars on the wall in the elevator room in the undead crypt while you're going up, you alllllmost get access to an out of bounds area. You can see through the wall into the rest of the level, but I couldn't break through. Seems like you might be able to get all the way through somehow, but I haven't been able to yet.

It also seems like elevators store your upwards momentum when you jump off of them or something. Could be some sequence breaking potential at other elevators or too.

I killed K
ing
V
endrick
with only taking 2 hits with 4 Giant Souls with my Pyro character. Went almost whole match without a hit too till very end. Damn. Really got good at dodging. I found staying VERY close and circling around to the right and ending up behind him ended up with him ignoring me for a few seconds at a time.
The trouble with Vendrick is when he's backed up into a corner and you can't circle him. Then things get unpredictable. Everything can be going well and it seems a walk in the park, then he jumps back against the wall and you're fucked.

Actually walking through the door can be unpredictable too, I almost never get the jumping attack, sometimes I've even had the pyro(?) fireball type attack immediately as I walk through the fog door. That happened the last time I fought him just yesterday.

I can't even be bothered with pvp - every time I've done the Bellkeeper's or something for the rewards, I've been amazed how my own hits never connect, constant failed backstabs, but I get hit out of nowhere by a sword swing that at my end not only completely missed, I wasn't even anywhere close. How can you account for that other than jabbing and just running away after every try? I find the lag far worse than DS1, in that all I had to worry about were rubberband lagstabs, it seems like even the most basic sword swing in DS2 is a rubberband labstab. It's completely put me off even bothering with pvp tbh, DS2 for me is a PvE/co-op game with a light sprinkling of PvP when I need covenant rewards. /over it.

I also discovered for the first time yesterday about lighting up the centre of Undead Crypt, it looks amazing. I knew about the drop, but never lit up the statue before. Huge Demon Soul's vibes from Undead Crypt in general, but this made it more so, I just stood and admired it for a while.

Throne of Want

Ah! Forgot about that!

Also, I finished up Navlaan's quest line, got Benhart and Drummond achievements, and ended at around SL154. Going to trade my silky stones to the birds to try to get white ring and then do some PVP before starting NG+. Anything else I should do?

Ah! Forgot about that!

Also, I finished up Navlaan's quest line, got Benhart and Drummond achievements, and ended at around SL154. Going to trade my silky stones to the birds to try to get white ring and then do some PVP before starting NG+. Anything else I should do?

Murder all the NPCs and buy their armor sets from Melentia.

maomaoIYP

Yes. I've been carrying sin over to NG+ and I've yet to face the police.
It's surprisingly very very hard (and disadvantageous) to find sinners even though sentinels can invade any area from wherever they are. Also since sentinels don't get ANYTHING from a successful invasion it makes me want to play as one even less.

It's surprisingly very very hard (and disadvantageous) to find sinners even though sentinels can invade any area from wherever they are. Also since sentinels don't get ANYTHING from a successful invasion it makes me want to play as one even less.

I'm also on PS3, so I bet the pool of sinners is so big that the individual odds of a police raid are small.

maomaoIYP

I'm also on PS3, so I bet the pool of sinners is so big that the individual odds of a police raid are small.
Even though there are less xbox players, I manage to find maybe 1 sinner after a good 30 minutes of trying, but almost 1 invasion per 2 tries as a brotherhood phantom. No souls or items earned, almost impossible to find sinners = no real point in being a sentinel.

Mistel

Banned
Even though there are less xbox players, I manage to find maybe 1 sinner after a good 30 minutes of trying, but almost 1 invasion per 2 tries as a brotherhood phantom. No souls or items earned, almost impossible to find sinners = no real point in being a sentinel.
And your eye orbs get eaten so that's sucky.

Top Bottom