• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
Scratch the heide sword I can just infuse the broad swords or their drakekeeper replacement once I get that far with this character.

Badgerst3

Finally finished.

SL 132, 146 hours. Christ what a thrilling, infuriating, obsessive ride.

All bosses down but ancient dragon and king vendrick. Damn that old fuck.

Gotta admit- by the end I summoned as much as I could for bosses.

Figure I will enjoy the dragon covenant for a bit and be done. No NG+.

Tip of the hat to you From. Have played all 3 in the series, including importing the first.

It's a rare game that will have me thinking about it when not playing.

I like you guys. I got this as a pre-order bonus from shopto, but as I don't and never will possess an iphone 5, I want to give it a decent home. First come, first served.
IMG_20140503_105919_zpsaypbw2qp.jpg

Minamu

Interesting thought just came to me. Would Bell Tower invasions count toward my WoB ranking? Getting invaded by BoB's is waaay too hard and unreliable.

Mistel

Banned
I'm sure I have one lying about.
Faith broardsword will probably catch up with other co-op characters I'm going to power level myself at covetous as a sun lady. I'm already there I just need to get some upgrades going.
Interesting thought just came to me. Would Bell Tower invasions count toward my WoB ranking? Getting invaded by BoB's is waaay too hard and unreliable.
Not I don't thing they they do you can rank up in their arena instead that's probably faster.

Minamu

Faith broardsword will probably catch up with other co-op characters I'm going to power level myself at covetous as a sun lady. I'm already there I just need to get some upgrades going.

Not I don't thing they they do you can rank up in their arena instead that's probably faster.
Not Blue Sentinels, the newb guild in Majula :)

I was looking to put my current character at SL150 before respeccing for NG+ and put some points into ADP, the difference between 10 (the highest I've ever leveled ADP) and 15 is huge. The roll alone feels much closer to the DS1 <25% roll and I'm rolling through stuff I couldn't before. Run speed is effected too? All movement seems smoother and faster in general.

I've made a huge mistake ignoring ADP up to now. ivemadeahugemistake.gif

I finally took down the D
ark
L
urker
in New Game, so I guess it's time to venture to NG+ so I can start working on the rest of these trophies. My
Gathering of Exiles
trophy is glitched probably because I killed someone in Majula before everyone got to town.

A lot bullshit need to be nerfed.
One shot kill bullshit. The game does not allow you to learn enemy patterns, because you be dead within seconds after encounter. Then you have to travel all the way back to the boss just to die few seconds later.
Thank god for internet and YouTube. I could never beat some of the bosses if I didn't have them.

Mistel

Banned
A lot bullshit need to be nerfed.
One shot kill bullshit. The game does not allow you to learn enemy patterns, because you be dead within seconds after encounter. Then you have to travel all the way back to the boss just to die few seconds later.
Thank god for internet and YouTube. I could never beat some of the bosses if I didn't have them.
What boss are you even attempting to do?

I have Killed all bosses.
I was talking about Mainly the dragon and the king.
Besides the one shot kill bullshit. There's also the ganking bullshit.
Then it's the infinite spell spam bullshit.
Overall this game is a bullshit fest.

Mistel

Banned
tumblr_inline_mnseip6Npt1rztfgc.gif

What's the matter casul? :p

Player spells aren't infinite and ganking happens so it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. Lots of things need better balancing I think in the PvP environment soul memory is a detriment.

Reule

A friend of mine decided to drop something in The Gutter to give me but it fell through the wooden beams. It's now stuck down there unable to be picked up. Will this finally disappear when going into a new play through? I've tried dying, teleporting, and rebooting the system. Still there. Just bugs me.

Today we tried giving each other some duplicates we had and I couldn't pick up a ring they dropped. I was able to pick up a weapon but it took me pressing X four or five times before it finally picked it up. I tried dropping an armor piece and they couldn't see it on their screen. Not sure if this is common or because of the item that cannot be picked up in The Gutter. Might've been lag or something, don't know.

Started using The Washing Pole. I love the range but the durability is kind of weak.

tumblr_inline_mnseip6Npt1rztfgc.gif

What's the matter casul? :p

Player spells aren't infinite and ganking happens so it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. Lots of things need better balancing I think in the PvP environment soul memory is a detriment.
Lol I'm not talking about pvp I'm talking about pve. There are a lot of places including bosses where being ganked is unavoidable. Enemies in game spam shit at you with unlimited stamina and spell usage. They need to give enemies a stamina bar or let them eat grasses so they can't spam shit all day long

Lol I'm not talking about pvp I'm talking about pve. There are a lot of places including bosses where being ganked is unavoidable. Enemies in game spam shit at you with unlimited stamina and spell usage. They need to give enemies a stamina bar or let them eat grasses so they can't spam shit all day long

It looks like you still havent discovered their weakness, casul!

In that case a lot of the boss runs felt like throwing lot's of enemies which was silly really. Plus the no longer being invulnerable as you go through fog door is awful as well.

You should of seen the shrine pre-nerf I turtled across it with a greatshield but that took forever.

And thats why I love the amana shrine, to punish shield users

Mistel

Banned
In that case a lot of the boss runs felt like throwing lot's of enemies which was silly really. Plus the no longer being invulnerable as you go through fog door is awful as well.

You should of seen the shrine pre-nerf I turtled across it with a greatshield but that took forever.

Didnt noticed it but when you ask the miracle lady to turn the device to the new area she waits till you kneel down and push the button in the center so you cant see her

Arjen

New favourite thing to do. Hide as a pot in the entrance of earthen peak. WoG when they walk by. So funny.

GulAtiCa

Oh Blue Sentinels. You are so funny! Invading me while I'm at the top of the bonfire at end of Iron Keep. Don't you know I'm just going to WotG you as you climb of those very long stairs? Thank you, come again!

GulAtiCa

Are you really proud of being a WotG spammer?

If your going to invade me, well yes, I will kill you in a way that will make you pissed off. :)

WotG like all spells are rather easy to avoid if you get dodging down correctly. Hell, it has such a small range that all you have to do is keep your distance. Just avoid my 4 WotG, and you're golden. Unless you're on a ladder of course.

Mistel

Banned
Not so easy when you play a good guy without sin :/ Even with the delicate string and dried fingers, I rarely get invaded :(
And when I do I die xD
You're not going to get invaded much really you can get all the items you get from ranking up you can find in the world itself. Blue tearstone ring is in the Luna and hush is in the bastille and the bloodbite ring is in brought in brightstone.

I was farming Shaded Woods today and got invaded twice. Am I right in saying NG+ players can't interact with NG? Because I have about 6m SM and still in NG, so I don't know what 2 different people were doing randomly invading at such a high SM in a low level area like Shaded Woods.

GulAtiCa

I was farming Shaded Woods today and got invaded twice. Am I right in saying NG+ players can't interact with NG? Because I have about 6m SM and still in NG, so I don't know what 2 different people were doing randomly invading at such a high SM in a low level area like Shaded Woods.

I believe so yes. That is strange for people to be that high level in NG. Why are you still in NG with 6m?

I do a lot of co-op too (one of the many reasons I hate SM), and I've been wearing pieces of the Tseldora set + Silver Serpent ring almost the entire playthrough. I was already at 3.5m SM by the time I did Nashandra, so I knew this character was already too high, so I decided to make it my 'collect 'em all' character!

GulAtiCa

I was playing the other day with my Pyro/Poison character in NG+ for first time. Being a sinner, as I killed all the NPC and some unlucky people in NG, I got invaded a few times in Forest of Last Giant. These brand new Blue Sentinels really need to learn two important rules when invading.

#1 Don't give the host a chance to heal. Stay on their tail.
#2 Don't follow the host into an obvious trap. If the host escapes, best not to follow them. They are not running for their lives, they are leading you into a obvious trap.

#2 is really important here, giving up the advantage to the host will lead to your downfall.

Soulhouf

Halberd twirls.

Yeah.
Raw Halberd made my first run so easy despite being SL34 when I beat it.

They managed to make the Halberd even more powerful than in the previous game. It's one of the very few weapons that became more powerful. Its moveset is so perfect to deal with every situation.

GulAtiCa

lol, I'm going back and forth between doing co-op and invading at last bonfire at Iron Keep. And I keep seeing the same guy in both. Sure he isn't too happy to see me. Then again he just summoned me to help out against the boss. heh

Arjen

Did the chameleon pot WoTG trick. Got a message. Thought it would be hate mail, it said:
dude that was Awesome!
This community is great sometimes.

I love the Gower's Ring of Protection, perfect for using with bracing knuckle ring +2, but I find the ghosting visual effect to be really hard on the eyes. Is there any way to disable it? I'm playing on PC.

Top Bottom