• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

I like to counter-gank those trolling bastards. Roll up in full havels, and wearing hex. lets have some fun fucker. Course theres nothing you can do when you're summoned and have 3 havel wearing fuckers right on you. It's like you're in the wrong neighborhood mother fucker.

Killed 3 scrub gankers. Invaded their world and the host was being protected by 2 havel wearing fuckers, while the host himself was some puny mage. I killed both havel wearing bodyguards, and the host just ran like fucking hell. Without those havel wearing bodyguards, he wasn't so fucking cocky. I killed him in 1 blow while he ran.

he sent me a message telling me to go fuck myself. Git gud.

Guysssss, does anyone have Mad Warrior leggings to give to a brother? I have dupes of the armour and Berserker Blade to offer in exchange.

SL200, by the way.

Cheers!

100%d last night! woohoo! Was worth running NG++ for the last spells! Great Chaos Fireball is awesome.

Overall in terms of content, and stuff to do this comes out on top, but I prefer the nuances, atmosphere and 'story' of the previous game.

maomaoIYP

Met the same 3 assholes ganking over and over again in iron keep. They don't open the doors so there's no where to run.
Iron keep is the new darkroot.

edit: v
Actually a really easy way to solve this problem would be to only have SM matchmaking in NG, only SL matchmaking in NG+ onwards.

I *really* wish they would address the soul memory/soul level matchmaking. It just makes no sense to me at the moment. What is the point of making any kind of "build" when you are just going to, relatively quickly, face people who are on their way maxing out every stat.

To me, the point of pvp is to play with what you have vs what the other person has and use your individual set of tools and disadvantages to fight and see who is the victor. Yes, skill and experience play a part, but the extravagant advantage of having 99 in every stat surely offsets that for all but the most skilled and/or lucky. It would be like playing Street Fighter and facing someone who used a character that had every single special move from every single character and had a shit ton of health and could move faster, hit harder etc.

I'm just hoping they address this in a future patch otherwise online play just seems like trash to me, it makes no sense. It seems like they tried to fix low level troll invasions and completely broke the system in doing so.

AngryMoth

I *really* wish they would address the soul memory/soul level matchmaking. It just makes no sense to me at the moment. What is the point of making any kind of "build" when you are just going to, relatively quickly, face people who are on their way maxing out every stat.

To me, the point of pvp is to play with what you have vs what the other person has and use your individual set of tools and disadvantages to fight and see who is the victor. Yes, skill and experience play a part, but the extravagant advantage of having 99 in every stat surely offsets that for all but the most skilled and/or lucky. It would be like playing Street Fighter and facing someone who used a character that had every single special move from every single character and had a shit ton of health and could move faster, hit harder etc.

I'm just hoping they address this in a future patch otherwise online play just seems like trash to me, it makes no sense. It seems like they tried to fix low level troll invasions and completely broke the system in doing so.
Agreed, I hope they at least get rid of it in NG+. Fought a couple of 838s in the area yesterday, really annoying.

Jaeger

Has anyone else run into poison whips and dark fog guys? So wack. Gonna have to start walking around with stronger poison resistance, and fruit. Ugh.

convo

iwvrla.gif

GulAtiCa

^^^ lol

Didn't have the best of duels yesterday. Just wasn't my night, prob won like 2 tops. Lag didn't help much, with some getting hit by clubs while not close. Using a whip + lag really makes things harder. One guy who summoned me for a duel tried to ambush me, but I beat him to a pulp after poisoning him right before he tried to heal. What a chicken.

Did have some good deaths though. Fought this one guy twice, where I nearly killed him before he killed me, and another time when I did kill him, but only after he killed me as we were trading blows. I LOVE a good death :)

Someone invaded me yesterday, I had the worst lag.. Guy jumped over the railings (heide's tower) and just floated for a minute before his hexes randomly shot out and instantly killed me..

I'll probably move onto NG+ with my Pyro/Poison build soon. Now at level 177. Soon I should be able to Power Stance 2 Spotted Whips!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain to me what the huge fucking lightsabre spell is? What's the Max number of uses?

I can only dodge it so many times in a small area (end of Belfrey Sol) before it eventually eviscerates me.

GulAtiCa

Can someone explain to me what the huge fucking lightsabre spell is? What's the Max number of uses?

I can only dodge it so many times in a small area (end of Belfrey Sol) before it eventually eviscerates me.

You mean the lightning one? Probably Sunlight Spear. Great spell. Has few min 2 or 3 uses. Goes up to 6 naturally if they get their att to 94 (like my main) or they use other equip to bring it up.

maomaoIYP

I have a grand total of 325 hours between 7 characters. I think I'm a little burnt out. Fighting gank squads did me in. I want to move on to playing deception 4, but my PS3 is broken. *sigh*

Soulhouf

I still have high hopes for the gameplay issues to be fixed. I will continue to play this game at least for the next 6 months to see how things go.

Regarding the gank squads and all the dirty players over there, when I get tired of them I turn off the global sever. That puts me only against Japanese players.
It sucks that I have to do that but I'm glad the option is there...

maomaoIYP

I still have high hopes for the gameplay issues to be fixed. I will continue to play this game at least for the next 6 months to see how things go.

Regarding the gank squads and all the dirty players over there, when I get tired of them I turn off the global sever. That puts me only against Japanese players.
It sucks that I have to do that really...

If I turn it off I won't get to play anything at all. I ran into a Japanese gank squad too. The gank squads I've met are 3 friends who keep summoning each other over and over again. Despite all the stuff From has added in to prevent new players from getting destroyed by invaders, they still haven't done anything to prevent gank squads.

Things I would really like fixed:
1) SM & SL matchmaking
2) avelyn shouldn't be allowed to power stance
3) parry backstep glitch
4) improve netcode
5) quit making me use the item again immediately if no matches are found
6) poise

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What did it look like? It was probably this.

the Soul Greatsword spell.
2 or 3 casts per spell equipped unless they have some cast-boosting equipment I think.

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/soul-greatsword

You mean the lightning one? Probably Sunlight Spear. Great spell. Has few min 2 or 3 uses. Goes up to 6 naturally if they get their att to 94 (like my main) or they use other equip to bring it up.

Out of these descriptions, I think it sounds like Soul Greatsword. Huge fucking blue lightsabre that does a massive horizontal arc. Two or three times as long as my character is tall XD I dodged it 3 or 4 times before it hit me and took off about 1k of my health ie most of it.

Absolutely monstrous. So I could have to dodge it up to 6 times? Mental. I'll be taking a look at that when I start a magic build.

Soulhouf

If I turn it off I won't get to play anything at all. I ran into a Japanese gank squad too. The gank squads I've met are 3 friends who keep summoning each other over and over again. Despite all the stuff From has added in to prevent new players from getting destroyed by invaders, they still haven't done anything to prevent gank squads.

1) SM & SL matchmaking
3) parry backstep glitch
4) improve netcode
6) poise

I'm having way more fair fights when I restrict the server to the region I'm in (Japan).
Of course there are still some assholes I run into but I block them immediately and the problem is solved until I run into the next one.

With that said I agree with your 6 points except the last one. I'm OK with how poise works right now and I don't want Havel to become more OP than it is already.

And the most important thing of course, make scaling match the upgrade level because it feels almost like a bug the way it's working right now.

bobawesome

Out of things to actually do, I decided to fully upgrade my King's set.

C:\Users\bobawesome\Pictures\gif\ivemadeahugemistake.gif

Nothing more awesome than running into the Freja fight with 2 summons where the first summon instantly dies to the little spiders and the other guy doesn't attack the spiders at all and so there's a couple left on his side of the arena that I didn't see and they attack me and I die. Sigh.

Spent a few hours helping out folks with The Rotten. Literally 50% of the fights ended with the host running into the arena and getting killed in one hit, before myself or any other summoned folks got into the room.

maomaoIYP

With that said I agree with your 6 points except the last one. I'm OK with how poise works right now and I don't want Havel to become more OP than it is already.

And the most important thing of course, make scaling match the upgrade level because it feels almost like a bug the way it's working right now.

Actually they should just get rid of the royal soldier rings, and instantly it solves the problem of full havels, or at least players will actually need to sacrifice something in order to take it. But of course all this is useless as long as SM is used for matchmaking.
I'm in Asia, but I'm on the 360. Fair duels are rare, and games within my region are even rarer. I did manage to get a whole series of duels with this guy in japan today though, very good games. Lots of pokes and bluffs, we were pretty evenly matched.

Leunam

Nothing more awesome than running into the Freja fight with 2 summons where the first summon instantly dies to the little spiders and the other guy doesn't attack the spiders at all and so there's a couple left on his side of the arena that I didn't see and they attack me and I die. Sigh.

I tried helping people in that fight and I must have had three hosts in a row run in and die almost instantly. Some before I even made it all the way through the fog gate.

Soulhouf

Actually they should just get rid of the royal soldier rings, and instantly it solves the problem of full havels, or at least players will actually need to sacrifice something in order to take it. But of course all this is useless as long as SM is used for matchmaking.
I'm in Asia, but I'm on the 360. Fair duels are rare, and games within my region are even rarer. I did manage to get a whole series of duels with this guy in japan today though, very good games. Lots of pokes and bluffs, we were pretty evenly matched.

I'm not surprised TBH. The game sold way more copies on PS3 in Japan.

Right now every time I run into a gank fest I jump into the first pit I find to not give them the satisfaction of butchering my character.

The thing I like most is running into players who use weapons/equipments that aren't popular and over used. It makes combat more interesting and diverse.

Speaking of matchmaking, last night I ran into a player in the arena who kept killing me over and over (usually OHKO with his weapon or dark magic). He was using the ring that makes his weapon invisible.
When I asked him about his Soul Level, he told me it's 838.
My character is 150 and had very little chance against him. Imagine a Mundane/Dark build at that level with most of the stats at 90 and beyond.
Matchmaking is completely wrong and needs to be fixed.

maomaoIYP

My character is 150 and had very little chance against him. Imagine a Mundane/Dark build at that level with most of the stats at 90 and beyond.

WTF man. That is balls.

AngryMoth

1) SM & SL matchmaking
3) parry backstep glitch
4) improve netcode
6) poise
Agree with all these except poise, I actually like that's it's not really a thing in this game. Means you have to respect every weapon and strength build can't just tank hits to deliver crushing blows. Makes backstab fishing harder as well.

I would also like to see them lower the roll breakpoint to 60%. Number of people fast rolling in full havels is ridiculous.

Mistel

Banned
Spent a few hours helping out folks with The Rotten. Literally 50% of the fights ended with the host running into the arena and getting killed in one hit, before myself or any other summoned folks got into the room.
The rotten is quite small on the range front so you can effectively strafe out of way of everything.
Cool, thanks. I clicked to 51 and my damage didn't go up so I didn't follow through, figured something was up.
Yep all the stats have soft caps that make it not worth raising above it in some cases.

Call me stupid but I had no idea you could go back to the Abyss after Darklurker and farm the enemies for ascetics. This changes everything O_O
I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, I just always left the covenant as soon as I defeated the boss.

AngryMoth

Call me stupid but I had no idea you could go back to the Abyss after Darklurker and farm the enemies for ascetics. This changes everything O_O
I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, I just always left the covenant as soon as I defeated the boss.
It's even easier if you do it by invading there, you get an ascetic for every win. It's weird, you can use estus when invading but the enemies are also hostile both of you. I racked them up very quickly this way since it's always a 1v1.

I'm not surprised TBH. The game sold way more copies on PS3 in Japan.

Right now every time I run into a gank fest I jump into the first pit I find to not give them the satisfaction of butchering my character.

The thing I like most is running into players who use weapons/equipments that aren't popular and over used. It makes combat more interesting and diverse.

Speaking of matchmaking, last night I ran into a player in the arena who kept killing me over and over (usually OHKO with his weapon or dark magic). He was using the ring that makes his weapon invisible.

Thats ok, I was in Dark Souls and some guy invaded me in Undead Parish wearing Ornstein armor and giant dad mask. He let me keep attacking him, I did zero damage, and then he casually OHKO's me. He had the nerve to gloat about it.

GulAtiCa

That's not surprising really they have a lot of free time I assume.

Pretty easy if you go the Giant Lord bonfire route with extra souls equip. Can easily get nearly 500k each time in like 5 minutes at a time.

Heck, just doing invassions and being invaded constantly can get you an avg of 100k easily each time on average, sometimes 200k+. I once got 500k for defeating a guy who tried to invade me.

Top Bottom