• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

maomaoIYP

And your eye orbs get eaten so that's sucky.
Yeah, about a good 50% of players pull the plug when getting invaded, 40% are waiting with a gank squad and the rest will actually try to fight you. Since sentinels don't earn money their blue orbs get spent on absolutely nothing.

Feindflug

Ah! Forgot about that!

Also, I finished up Navlaan's quest line, got Benhart and Drummond achievements, and ended at around SL154. Going to trade my silky stones to the birds to try to get white ring and then do some PVP before starting NG+. Anything else I should do?

Freja
might be an even better spot for co-op than
Throne of Want/Drangleic Castle
, lots of demand there but not enough people to summon.

Before going to NG+ you can kill all the optional bosses and you may want to farm twinkling titanites, petrified dragon bones & human effigies.

Yes. I've been carrying sin over to NG+ and I've yet to face the police.

If you have high sin you get invaded also by
bloodbros
more than usual IIRC.

Rank 2 in Blue Sentinels get!
Reaching rank 3 will be long and painful methinks >_>

I'm really disappointed that Rank 3 in all the other covenants besides
Brotherhood Of Blood
and
Blue Sentinels
(haven't tried the
Rat
Covenant yet) is so easy to reach, I wish that From invested more on them with more ranks than 3 and some cool rewards even if that meant a bigger time investment. Hell I can't even go beyond Rank 3 in the
sunbros
for example since the game won't let me offer the
sunlight medals
that I have now....hopefully they will change this and add ranks/rewards in an upcoming patch or the DLC.

Covenants while somewhat better than the first game are underdeveloped and a missed opportunity again. :(

Mistel

Banned
Yeah, about a good 50% of players pull the plug when getting invaded, 40% are waiting with a gank squad and the rest will actually try to fight you. Since sentinels don't earn money their blue orbs get spent on absolutely nothing.
I've not had many disconnects I did get summoned just as they entered boss fog so that was a fun trip.

It's not worth being a sentinel I think with the way it is.

Minamu

I did some pvping last night, summoning BoB's at Iron Keep. The few times that it happened that I got invaded during a duel was weird. It seemed to me that the two invaders could hurt each other. Or did I see that wrong?

Facism

i ran into a gank @ shrine of amina koyim, managed to 1hk the host with Great Resonant Soul before his backup backstabbed me.

Mistel

Banned
I always assume it's a ganker when the host is waiting there in broad daylight with 2 phantoms hidden off either side of the cave i just walked out of :)
A smart host would have used a great bow on you staggered you. Then let their phantoms have their way with you.

maomaoIYP

A smart host would have used a great bow on you staggered you. Then let their phantoms have their way with you.
That exact thing happened to me. Host was wearing the white ring too so you couldn't single him out easily.
Edit: thinking of building an anti gank squad build. Any ideas? Besides wrath of god? Doesn't help that white phantoms can heal now.

Mistel

Banned
That exact thing happened to me. Host was wearing the white ring too so you couldn't single him out easily.
Might have been me then lol. I love the greatbows very helpful to terrorize those who seek to kill you. And they can make people fall of the iron keep bridge so that's even funnier you just sit on the ember tower and they don't notice you then a single great arrow can send them flying.

AngryMoth

Edit: thinking of building an anti gank squad build. Any ideas? Besides wrath of god? Doesn't help that white phantoms can heal now.
I find that in 2/3 on 1 situations people are a lot less likely to dodge spells so GRS might be a good choice. Then I'd probably go for a hard hitting weapon with big horizontal swings, maybe crypt blacksword. Actually sanitier's spear would probably be the best with it's broken ass hitbox that hits on all directions with the twinblade attacks.

Freja
might be an even better spot for co-op than
Throne of Want/Drangleic Castle
, lots of demand there but not enough people to summon.

Before going to NG+ you can kill all the optional bosses and you may want to farm twinkling titanites, petrified dragon bones & human effigies.

Really? Even with 3.2M SM I can be summoned for Freja? I was already having trouble getting summoned for Nashandra and Guardian Dragon.

I wasted a bunch of materials trying to get McDuff's achievement, seems it's a bit glitches. Anyone have trouble with this?

Finished!

Well, the main story at least. Still a load of optional bosses to kill.

Same here, finished it two days ago, but did all the optional bosses along the way. I think all I have to do now is farm some items, increase some covenant ranks and then go to NG+.

Which bosses do you still have to do?

Doombear

Did Bonfire Ascetics to NG+ and NG++ Freja for Crystal Soul Spear and MLGS last night. Felt great. Just me and ol Ashen Knight Boyd. I know it isn't broken anymore and that is fine, I just want it until I get my dual Blue Flames!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Same here, finished it two days ago, but did all the optional bosses along the way. I think all I have to do now is farm some items, increase some covenant ranks and then go to NG+.

Which bosses do you still have to do?

Congrats!

I have Ancient Dragon, Vendrick and the Royal Rat Authority. I haven't done the Dark Covenant dungeons yet either.

Currently doing Dragon Arie on BI 2 for the shiny nuggets. May have to go to BI 3 though to upgrade everything. Also looking to BI 3 Lost Sinner for a second Chaos Blade.

I'm sure there's other stuff that I haven't thought of. Gonna take my time.

Minamu

Any tips on how to break the Santier's Spear? And should I upgrade it before I break it? The wiki says it's a great Mundane weapon after it's broken. I'm currently standing in a pool of acid in the shaded woods but it's takin forever :lol

Edit: Actually, I don't think acid works or these pools are something else :/

Mistel

Banned
Any tips on how to break the Santier's Spear? And should I upgrade it before I break it? The wiki says it's a great Mundane weapon after it's broken. I'm currently standing in a pool of acid in the shaded woods but it's takin forever :lol
Do that or whack a dead corpse for a while.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Edit: Actually, I don't think acid works or these pools are something else :/

Acid only works on armor/rings. You want to break a weapon fast, just go HAM on a wall.

GulAtiCa

Some fellow bellbros can be real morons.. This isn't a duel, this is a protect the bell tower at all costs. Don't just stand there like an idiot and watch me die without lifting a finger...

At least I faced the guy again and killed him. Died first time due to confusion on what the fellow bell-bro was doing. lol

Some fellow bellbros can be real morons.. This isn't a duel, this is a protect the bell tower at all costs. Don't just stand there like an idiot and watch me die without lifting a finger...

Why the bellbros can work like the rat covenant being attacked by your own allies suck.

Minamu

Badgerst3

After getting my ass kicked by king vendrick and now the throne room defenders (my npc's died earlier) I just want the game to end.

It's like a sick addiction. Love dragon covenant and constantly want to get back to the game but also want to rage toss my controller through the screen.

Why the hell can I not summon other online players for the end game?

Admit I suck as a basic level melee character with +10 claymore and vendrick armor.

GulAtiCa

Currently working from home today. As I work, I leave my Pyro/Poison build active to get summoned to invade those filthy people who would dare to trespass against the bell tower. Fun way to work and poison people!

What is even the point of the bells? I still have no idea.

Lorewise or pvp wise?

In Luna you can get acces to the key to unlock some doors and make the Sinner fight more easy for long range classes by turning on the lanterns in her cell, the drop rate item ring and an optional boss.

In Sol you get a rare item dont remember its name and a item to lower the int requirement of one spell and farming mad man armor set.

Lorewise it was to represent the love of the princess and the other guy from separate reigns ala Romeo and juliet so only them could rings the bells to express their love but in the end the reigns destroyed themselves and someone forgot to turn off the switch of those dudes. it looks like they were invaded pretty often in attempt to destroy their love (Lune were pretty screwed) starting the war between those reigns.

Lorewise or pvp wise?

In Luna you can get acces to the key to unlock some doors and make the Sinner fight more easy for long range classes, the drop rate item ring and an optional boss.

In Sol you get a rare item dont remember its name and a item to lower the int requirement of one spell and mad man armor set.

Lorewise it was to represent the love of the princess and the other guy from separate reigns ala Romeo and juliet so only them rings the bells to express their love but in the end the reigns destroyed themselves and someone forgot to turn off the switch of those dudes.
Lore and game progress wise.

They are pointless.

Tried enchanted path for moonlight greatsword. R2 attacks deal ZERO damage. Not worth it
Elemental makes R2 attack very weak, only the magic damage portion is functional.
Conclusion, if you have high intel, just go standard upgrade path

Minamu

Jesus, Mundane Santier's Spear+5 wrecks xD so good to come back to dark souls 1 with high durability weapons that can't break ;)

Mistel

Banned
Two handed estocs are iffy. So the faith character is now using dual wielded broadsword and a heide straight sword it's much more effective.

2AdEPT

What's the verdict on using npc's? Are we for or against?

i say use them, particularly if they are for Bernhardt or Lucatile's questline...you can solo all bosses in the game with no shield later as a challenge run etc. I do want to see their storyline through....... so I hire them.

Minamu

It's a coop game for me, I've barely done any bosses, in either ng or ng+, on my own. If there's an npc summon and I know about it, I use it, I think it's cool :)

Top Bottom