• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Minamu

No time delay you hit the button you parry them. Do people not know about this?
I checked it on the wiki site and I haven't reached that part of NG+ yet (and never used an ascetic). So basically it's an auto-parry sword as long as you press the button? That's crazy.

Mistel

Banned
I checked it on the wiki site and I haven't reached that part of NG+ yet (and never used an ascetic). So basically it's an auto-parry sword as long as you press the button? That's crazy.
It is you can parry with ease just do it as they swing knock them down and run them through.

Have you finished a spider infested zone yet? Theres an armor upgrade after a primary boss there. As for right now, check with the armorer in Majula for the Alva Armor set or Elite Knight Armor set. Drop the Drang. Sword and use good ol' Claymore again :)

I feel like I'm back to Dark Souls 1. :p

Damn I finally finished the Iron Keep. This area was so stressful I feel so glad I finished it. The first boss took me at least 6 tries with help from other players (I died stupidly a lot). I managed to beat the two boss with the help of a magician.
There was a time when I was a bit lost and didn't want to go back to the fire because of the armored creep, and I used almost all objects that gave life back to finally forfeit when I saw a kind of lava bucket. Used a bone to get back to the fire before restarting the area.

IRON KEEP IS OVER WEEHEEEE.

Have you cheated at all? There's some evidence pointing to that FROM may be putting cheaters on a separate server.

No! Not at all. I'm up to Lost Bastille and see one or two summon signs here and there, but by the time I get to them they're void. Had to fight Ruin Sentinels solo - only took me a few tries, but would like to blow through this run.

Just use that instead it's far far superior.

'Tis silly that such a weapon is even in the game. I'm annoyed that I've only now become aware of it! Parrying is fun and all, so I wouldn't mind being able to actually do it, but - ironically enough - it'll probably just make parrying as boring/unsatisfying as any other exploit in this game.

Mistel

Banned
'Tis silly that such a weapon is even in the game. I'm annoyed that I've only now become aware of it! Parrying is fun and all, so I wouldn't mind being able to actually do it, but - ironically enough - it'll probably just make parrying as boring/unsatisfying as any other exploit in this game.
Well you should know of it's sister exploit roll parrying.

Mistel

Banned
Haha. I will check it out. Holy shit. I just watched some videos of the scimitar being used in PvP. It trivialises everything. It's arguably worse than being a Havel Mage.

From, pls.
So add that to broken scaling, unbalanced combat melee vs magic, and soul memory. Lots of other stuff too...

darkvir

Just finished the game including Vendrick & the Ancient Dragon. Such a wonderful experience. I may now go back to Dark Soul 1... I never finished it...

Anything that will mess me up going from DS2 -> DS1?

Damn I finally finished the Iron Keep. This area was so stressful I feel so glad I finished it. The first boss took me at least 6 tries with help from other players (I died stupidly a lot). I managed to beat the two boss with the help of a magician.
There was a time when I was a bit lost and didn't want to go back to the fire because of the armored creep, and I used almost all objects that gave life back to finally forfeit when I saw a kind of lava bucket. Used a bone to get back to the fire before restarting the area.

IRON KEEP IS OVER WEEHEEEE.
Iron keep is not bad. You have not been to shrine of amana yet.

Platinum'ed this. Good stuff.
The trophies we're nice and don't have crazy requirements like most games.

I expected something like max all covenants or finish NG+7.

Mistel

Banned
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls require multiple plays to get all the required boss souls. You can shortcut this by the dupe exploit in Demon's Souls, but in Dark Souls you're in for at least NG++.

Not true. Specifically, the weapon achievement requires at least two playthrough in DS1.
You can be given the souls for them though and the weapons themselves so surely that means you can do it in a single playthrough?

Other than demons where you need to ng+ for soul sucker and something else.

You can be given the souls for them though and the weapons themselves so surely that means you can do it in a single playthrough?

Sure, you could also summon other players to beat all the bosses for you and drop all the good gear.

If you're going to do that, why even play the game to start with?

It's not really a trophy or achievement if things are just given to you.

Mistel

Banned
It's not really a trophy or achievement if things are just given to you.
Does the method of completion invalidate it then? If you can get duplicates then you can theoretically collect all boss weapons in one run soul wise or you could be given the weapons themselves.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Other than demons where you need to ng+ for soul sucker and something else.

That's sort of a ridiculous justification.

Sure, someone could just give you them, but that's realistically very outside the bounds of the normal playstyle.

You could use SAM and just activate all the achievements and then you can get it without even launching the game, or you could just find an item dupe and clone everything.

I think one could reasonably recognize we meant legitimately achieve.

Mistel

Banned
Just because it is out of the regular playstyle of a majority doesn't prevent it from being a legitimate method of achieving said goal.

GRIP

Just because it is out of the regular playstyle of a majority doesn't prevent it from being a legitimate method of achieving said goal.

Except it does. Just being given a bunch of items needed for certain trophies and not having to do anything for them is pretty much the definition of an illegitimate achievement.

Mistel

Banned
Got it. Man, these frames...!
It is good for rolling parries and backstep ones.
Except it does. Just being given a bunch of items needed for certain trophies and not having to do anything for them is pretty much the definition of an illegitimate achievement.
It is in no way verboten why present you with the option to gift such things if that is the case?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

It is in no way verboten why present you with the option to gift such things if that is the case?

That's weird logic. Because something is possible doesn't mean it's approved, advocated and expected.

You could send me $100 at this very moment, why would that be an option if you are not supposed to explicitly do so?

Why didn't the developers explicitly make your computer crash the second that cheat engine attaches itself to it? Clearly Cheat Engine is intended functionality.

Why do you get caught by a mimic even though you are nowhere near it's mouth? Very plainly that must be deliberate and intentional behavior.

Jaeger

Is it as easy as videos make it out to be?

I've been able to parry much easier than before, that's for sure. It feels like DS1 with the timing, where you do it as it is about to hit you, rather than do it the second they start their attacks and try and hit them with your animation at the end.

DS1 Parry > DS2 Parry. At least in PVP, and for me.

Bloomers

Beat the game a few days ago. Final boss was crazy underwhelming and the ending was more wtf-laden than the original. Nevertheless, this game was an incredible ride, especially from the Shrine of Winter onwards.I'm gonna spend some time in PVP and gathering materials to 100% this playthrough before finally jumping into NG+.

I would also like to take this moment to nominate the
Ancient Dragon's
theme as the best boss theme in the game. I wasn't feeling it for a lot of the boss music this time around, but this one was bombastic and reminded me of the DaS themes. Bombastic horns, crazy violins, ominous chanting and angry percussion made this song stand out for me
as I got ruthlessly immolated over and over again

Nvm I remember you need to get 3 Sif souls to get platinum. But ds1 wasn't as long as this one.
For demon you just need to dupe boss souls then get soul sucker in Ng+.
Overall getting platinum in previous games wasn't as bad as this game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Made a new char because lol soul memory. Get to 150 and get most of my gear and start invading. Most of the dudes I invade give <10k souls on death but had a few that gave over 100k. WTF? Those guys have to be hackers, right? Seems pretty impossible to be that high in level when I only have 2mil soul memory.

Mistel

Banned
That's weird logic. Because something is possible doesn't mean it's approved, advocated and expected.
So there's nothing preventing you from doing it other than morality. But this could go in circles till the end of time so I think we should agree to disagree.

lunlunqq

20140510_225502_zps71cca8a3.jpg

Fashion soul is the only soul worth playing. Now my waifu just stays at Bellfry Luna all the time. Drop a white sign and then just go inside. I will either get summoned or invaded right away. All kinds of actions. Such a fun place. Definitely my favorite location in the entire game now.

Top Bottom