• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Single screen or dual screen?

Single.

what Flatron exactly? does it have Speakers? Can you look into the monitor menu and look how the hdmi signal is handled (yes i use you now as some kind of reference point since i have the same graphics card and it works, maybe we can find some better workaround)

D2342 and no. Monitor menu doesn't tell me anything useful except that the signal is 1080p60.

I actually managed to get into the menu once with the unplug-HDMI-and-replug-it workaround found on Steam but didn't work again.

nbthedude

Controller worked last night. Fire up the game this morning and the controller no longer works in game.

make sure you don't have any other controller devices plugged in (blu tooth, PC joysticks, wiimotes, etc). IT's pretty finnicky about making the first thing it sees the default controller. First game was like this too, as are many games I've come across, actually.

nbthedude

Single.

D2342 and no. Monitor menu doesn't tell me anything useful except that the signal is 1080p60.

I actually managed to get into the menu once with the unplug-HDMI-and-replug-it workaround found on Steam but didn't work again.

Have you tried Durante's mod? I believe it lets you do borderless full screen windowed mode. Might be worth a shot. It also makes the game look pretty spiffy.

w3bba

Single.

So a 3D monitor, hmm, maybe this? Anyone got something on that matter?
And i know my monitor can change how it handles HDMI, will try it when i am home and post results

Vitor711

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259718155271/#p3

Game crashes upon start-up

We are currently investigating and escalating this issue.
Some possible work-arounds can be found here: (http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/) Thank you Keys for the post.
We'll keep this space updated as we know more.

At least DS1 actually launched.

Uh, actually, it didn't always do that. Had plenty of times where GFWL would just refuse to play ball and I couldn't get into the game.

Gattsu25

Banned
To install SweetFX you just move the files into the folder with the exe, right? Dark Souls 2 doesn't load at all when I put sweetfx in there, is there something else I've got to do?

Edit- don't worry, fixed it

Someone might be running into the same problem...can you say how you fixed it?

eot

Banned
In the Forst of Fallen Giants how do you
get to the elevated area that's behind the second bonfire? I mean if you walk from the bonfire with the merchant and statue, back out the way you entered initially, there's a place you can drop down, get the flame sword etc. But to the right of that there's another area which I haven't figured out how to get to. Is it just somewhere I get to later (I'm at the 2nd boss)?

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1570/

Sweetfx profile that makes the game look a little bit more like the reveal lighting

iogZKCdVqO2nj.jpg

HeelPower

I love the improved character creator.

8K0wNtj.jpg

I don't know if they changed the rat covenant, but it's taking me 10x as long to get a match. It's really annoying. I still have 5 more tails to go before I'm done with this covenant (not even trying for rank 3).

wow...Well done.

I love the improved character creator.

8K0wNtj.jpg

I don't know if they changed the rat covenant, but it's taking me 10x as long to get a match. It's really annoying. I still have 5 more tails to go before I'm done with this covenant (not even trying for rank 3).

It's relatively easier to get pretty looking characters using the creator in DkS2, which is awesome. Much more improved as compared to DkS which was utterly hideous.

The first origin/race provides a decent enough template to start working from. The first game had lousy templates to start with.

The hairstyles provided are better too.

Temidien

Neo Member
I have an AMD 7950 connected to a single monitor/TV using HDMI and had the same issue everyone else is reporting. Here's the fix that worked for me:

- Open AMD Catalyst Control Center (if you don't already have it, it can be downloaded for free here).
- On the left, click 'My Digital Flat Panels', then 'Properties', then tick 'GPU Scaling Enabled'.

gpuscaling3.jpg

If you have multiple displays, try hitting Windows+P twice.

(Yes, I know this fix has been reported before, just sharing for those new to thread.)

After the 4th try on
No Man's Wharf
I was thinking, "Man! I think I'm gonna make it this time!"

Then I
smashed some jars full of poisonous stuff and I died
:(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, what is it about these fucking Souls games man...I dont even like hard games, I always play shit on normal. Theres just something about them...anyway. Progress / question spoilers!

Beat that giant...thing with the trunk in its chest. Almost died, even tho I recognize its a easy boss. Still 1 shot it tho. Question about soul spending, should I get that Pharros something the witch sells, it costs 4k which at my level would be about 2-3 levels, but I did run into a place where I could use it (and already forgot where it was)...worth getting it now or wait for later and just keep leveling for now?

anyone got vac banned yet ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG6fo34JOAk

i fear if i used the DS fix tool i get a vac ban

DSfix as in for Dark Souls 1? lol no, I used it from the start, finished the game twice and im fine.

Gbraga

Is anyone else finding the camera movement a bit strange coming from Dark Souls 1? It's not even an issue, but the idea that it may be a problem on my setup is bothering me.

Love how the Emerald Herald lounges about and when sitting slowly gets up before talking to player. Like to imagine she's think "ugh, time to deal with this again"

Fuck that bar last night, got lucky and the wife decided to stay in.

By got lucky I mean I was free to play last night, so that's what I did. Managed to help out a bunch of people beat the Pursuer, and didn't even die yet.

Played around with the pre-order weapons, and didn't feel like they give a massive boost. The Bound Shield is pretty nice, and the Homonculous Mace was fun to play with too, but it'll be back to the Drangleic sword once the STR/DEX requirements gets hit. Not screwing with any ADP this time around, so it's another quick rush to 20 ATN.

God almighty that community last night...talk about good times.

I chose the Petrified Something and only got a
Titanite Slab
for it. I feel robbed.

Got a Petrified Dragon Bone. I really wanted the Trident.

d00d3n

In the Forst of Fallen Giants how do you
get to the elevated area that's behind the second bonfire? I mean if you walk from the bonfire with the merchant and statue, back out the way you entered initially, there's a place you can drop down, get the flame sword etc. But to the right of that there's another area which I haven't figured out how to get to. Is it just somewhere I get to later (I'm at the 2nd boss)?

With normal progression that area is one of the last that you will visit. You probably will not want it spoiled, but
the area is accessed with the king's ring which you get after the velstadt royal aegis boss fight in undead crypt.
If you want to get to the area early, I think some of the speedruns of DS2 have a strategy for getting there by jumping on a particular set of ledges. This will only give you access to a bonfire, the actual stuff you have to do in the area requires a key item.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oi you fuckers, go read what I wrote in spoilers a few posts back, im sitting on my souls here :(

lol :p

elfinke

Fuck that bird riding jerk of a boss. Glad to end him, with a little help from someone with a lot of asterisks in their name! Have spent the last hour now just dropping summon signs and helping others fight him. Have a bucket load of souls and enough vengeance to last me well into the evening! If any of your have summoned or been summoned into my world ('Get Rekt'), thanks! It's been great.

d00d3n

Progress / question spoilers!

Beat that giant...thing with the trunk in its chest. Almost died, even tho I recognize its a easy boss. Still 1 shot it tho. Question about soul spending, should I get that Pharros something the witch sells, it costs 4k which at my level would be about 2-3 levels, but I did run into a place where I could use it (and already forgot where it was)...worth getting it now or wait for later and just keep leveling for now?

4000 is a tiny amount. I think it is fair to say that the pharros contraption in the forest (there was only one? thinking about the one in the trap room) includes a version of one of the most popular items in the game

Arkanius

Question about Progress and Areas

I'm at the Lost Bastille after coming from the Forest of the Giants
Apparently, I missed No-man's Wharf and Heide's tower of flame.

What did I do wrong?

Question about Progress and Areas

I'm at the Lost Bastille after coming from the Forest of the Giants
Apparently, I missed No-man's Wharf and Heide's tower of flame.

What did I do wrong?

They both lead to the
Lost Bastille
and arrive at different locations.

Rhaknar

4000 is a tiny amount. I think it is fair to say that the pharros contraption in the forest (there was only one? thinking about the one in the trap room) includes a version of one of the most popular items in the game

interesting. I remember it was a large empty room down a ladder, with a poison chest in the middle and tthe contraption on the wall. is that the one?

Mechazawa

Gotta say, I had a lot of fun just putting my summon sign down at the
pursuer
and helping people beat him for about an hour. It was also never not funny seeing the world host
kill the other summoned person with the bastilles.

Rhaknar

I guess, like the first, you need to be human to see the summon signs correct? Because I havent seen any

elfinke

Gotta say, I had a lot of fun just putting my summon sign down at the
pursuer
and helping people beat him for about an hour. It was also never not funny seeing the world host
kill the other summoned person with the bastilles.

Ya, that's what I've been doing, terrific fun. I accidentally sat in a birds nest though, and ruined my workflow:(

Arkanius

They aren't technically required, but I would do them. There are some great items to get and questlines that you'll probably want to complete.

Edit: Heides is required, but not the Wharf.

But there is a statue blocking my way, a woman. How do I unpetrify her?

Blutonium

HELP!

So Durante's tool is working, I get status reports of it in the topleft of my screen. But I can not get my resolution to render at 2560x1080 (21:9 monitor) so I still have 2 huge black bars at the SIDE of my screen.

Anyone that can help me out?

*edit Ah never mind, found the solution: you need to change the resolution of the game INGAME to the custom one, it's added under options. Didn't fully get that from the ReadMe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom