• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wray

So I spent most of last night creating characters (still cant decide!) and configuring all the Durante Tweaks. I found my sweet spot but I cant seem to decide between...

1440p and SGSSAA x2

vs.

1080P and SGSSAA x4

I'm running an Intel CPU and a 780TI.

I suppose I should ask about 1800p vs No SGSSAA too. Anyway, what's the general consensus about those IQ settings?

Hypron

This game is so much better on PC it's not even funny. The graphics are way better and clearer and the improved framerate is welcome (it runs at a solid 60 fps on my HD5850 with most things on max so I'm happy). Finally playing a Souls game at more than 30 fps with dips is so awesome.

Facism

I forgot how fun bellbroing was. Had a demon hammer fatroller trying his best to avoid lightening spears lol.

Mace stunlocking everywhere.

Ls is super easy. From shouldn't have nerfed her into a coma

Vuze

Okay, now I have found a way for me (based on the unplug fix) to at least play until they get their shit together.

Running a 7870, no GPU scaling fix or whatever driver-related workaround did actually work for me. I'm currently able to play at 900p60 windowed, can't select anything more for window mode and game crashes with whitescreen if I select fullscreen mode.

All I do for the game to work was wait until the screens asks to check the video connection after I unplugged HDMI (removed it from my graphic card output as it is more convenient to reach), launch the game and replug HDMI after a few seconds.

Maybe the waiting aspect helps some people who are facing a similair issue.

Zeliard

What, did they really? I never played the game past that balance patch. I thought that fight was a little underwhelming in NG honestly, but after a couple bonfire ascetics it really came into its own.

Not sure why they felt the need to nerf it in NG.

While using durante's downsampling tool does the game crash if you alt tab? Not a huge deal as I understand it's in alpha phase (awesome tool btw durante) just wondering if this happens to anybody else.

Also, I really don't understand why they nerfed any of the bosses in this game either. I found majority of the bosses really easy going through the ps3 version.

cm osi

I forgot how fun bellbroing was. Had a demon hammer fatroller trying his best to avoid lightening spears lol.

Mace stunlocking everywhere.

lolwut fatroller? you either go medium roll or just put up rebel shield/havel. with the risck of being lagshotted by miracles trying to fatrolling them is nosense.

Shinjica

What, did they really? I never played the game past that balance patch. I thought that fight was a little underwhelming in NG honestly, but after a couple bonfire ascetics it really came into its own.

Not sure why they felt the need to nerf it in NG.

Prepare to Casul

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Don't know if is a glitch, but every once in a while the game freezes for 1-2 seconds followed by a black screen, couple of seconds later the game returns to normal. Anyone encountered this problem?

En-ou

So I spent most of last night creating characters (still cant decide!) and configuring all the Durante Tweaks. I found my sweet spot but I cant seem to decide between...

1440p and SGSSAA x2

vs.

1080P and SGSSAA x4

I'm running an Intel CPU and a 780TI.

I suppose I should ask about 1800p vs No SGSSAA too. Anyway, what's the general consensus about those IQ settings?

that's usually how i play elder scrolls games...lol

HoosTrax

I'm been pondering this while I have breakfast -- is the DS series considered AAA now? I mean, I think it's doing Borderlands / Call of Duty day one player numbers on Steam, and it's got the big ass banner up top.

zma1013

I'm been pondering this while I have breakfast -- is the DS series considered AAA now? I mean, I think it's doing Borderlands / Call of Duty day one player numbers on Steam, and it's got the big ass banner up top.

Well they certainly put more money into marketing it. Just look at that CG trailer they bought.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I played for a little while and got to Majula. This game isn't that hard.

3835-so-hardcore.jpg

Facism

lolwut fatroller? you either go medium roll or just put up rebel shield/havel. with the risck of being lagshotted by miracles trying to fatrolling them is nosense.

I wasn't the fatroller lol. Could have been clearer about that.

Game uses character name rather than account name, unlike all other souls games. Would love to see the faces of invaders wgen they read that they're invading the world of Prolapse.

Okay, now I have found a way for me (based on the unplug fix) to at least play until they get their shit together.

Running a 7870, no GPU scaling fix or whatever driver-related workaround did actually work for me. I'm currently able to play at 900p60 windowed, can't select anything more for window mode and game crashes with whitescreen if I select fullscreen mode.

All I do for the game to work was wait until the screens asks to check the video connection after I unplugged HDMI (removed it from my graphic card output as it is more convenient to reach), launch the game and replug HDMI after a few seconds.

Maybe the waiting aspect helps some people who are facing a similair issue.

None of this worked for me. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

O.DOGG

Umm, it seems this game doesn't support cloud saves. I just installed it on a laptop, and had to manually copy the save file. I hope they patch it in.

Bloody human Effigy's. I assumed you burned those fuckers at a bonfire like Humanity. But oh no, it only blocks invasion. Wasted 2 before I realised this :(

Krakn3Dfx

I played for a little while and got to Majula. This game isn't that hard.

Did you beat all 3 piggy bosses? You're almost to the end ¡

why am i so bad at this game

The first time I played on the PS3, I died over 30 times fighting
The Last Giant
, and that was just coming off of beating Demons Souls.

Beat him the first time last night, no sweat. You get better over time.

Is it just me or you can't compare equipment at a merchant? Wasn't there an alternate view in DS1 where you could at least see which stats are better/worse than your equipped item?

Jintor

Hit a wall... not sure where to go now. Only path apparently open to me is the Fog Forest unless I'm missing something in the Bastille? Got the key for the Bastille...

Inskipp

Apparently there are already max level players in the champion covenants PC- leaderboard. Quite humorous how fast the hackers showed up.

Wunder

Did you beat all 3 piggy bosses? You're almost to the end ¡

The first time I played on the PS3, I died over 30 times fighting
The Last Giant
, and that was just coming off of beating Demons Souls.

Beat him the first time last night, no sweat. You get better over time.

Do you have any tips to try and differentiate when you're being bad and when you have to level up/get better weapons? I bashed my head against
Forest of the Fallen Giants
all last night and today and decided to just try
Heide's
and it's going a bit better but not fantastic. I feel like I just have no health and die if I fuck up once.

FU@#$@#K$!@

Finally got to the stupid boss of stupid
No Man's Wharf
and my fucking sword breaks mid battle. I'd only thrown a repair powder on it 10 minutes prior

This area is so tedious

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

cm osi

damn i got the platinum 4 days ago and this topic makes me want to play it again

FU@#$@#K$!@

No Man's Wharf
and my fucking sword breaks mid battle. I'd only thrown a repair powder on it 10 minutes prior

This area is so tedious

yeah powder repair only half of the weapon durability so use two of them or always keep a spare yeapon in the slot

En-ou

Umm, it seems this game doesn't support cloud saves. I just installed it on a laptop, and had to manually copy the save file. I hope they patch it in.

map your save folder to one on your box/onedrive folder and simply install the box/onedrive sync to all your computers. bam! your own cloud save.

Destroying the chest an item is in doesn't do anything to the item does it? I ask because I ended up breaking the one on the top floor of the vendor's house in Majula and I picked up rubbish afterward. Hoping that it was always rubbish and I didn't turn it into that.

la_briola

Destroying the chest an item is in doesn't do anything to the item does it? I ask because I ended up breaking the one on the top floor of the vendor's house in Majula and I picked up rubbish afterward. Hoping that it was always rubbish and I didn't turn it into that.
Well,
its a Titanite Shard normally

FU@#$@#K$!@

No Man's Wharf

This area is so tedious

Always bring a backup. Sure, that particular sword might be your trusty sidekick, but having something with a similar swing on it will help you out on the quick. Might not be optimal, but fucked if it hasn't saved my neck once or twice (in No Man's Wharf, to boot).

What could be causing me to auto-run when I push up on the left-analog stick?

I've noticed that occasionally after alt-tabbing the controller seems to act as if a button is being held down, I had this auto-run thing happen as well as menus constantly scrolling down. Alt-tabbing out and back in again cleared it up for me.

shuri

Banned
I love leaving idiotic writings everywhere.

Last night I left "Hurray for Rear!" in the steps of the the Tower of Flames and I think I got like 9 ratings for it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom