• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

I'm not really digging how sorceries eat up stamina in this one, now I have to level stamina too.

Don't worry, casting is still Souls easy mode in this game too, once you get rolling with your gear, stats and spells, you can just destroy everything with little to no risk of getting hit.

Stamina cost for casting was a very needed change for PvE and PvP.

I'm at work with my laptop and for the life of me i can't get this game started knowing i'd have to use the keyboard controls instea do of the controller(which stayed at home.) Tonight though... TONIGHT!

So after my first venture with Dark Souls II where I went from Majula to Heide's Tower of Flame, I read online that apparently I missed a whole area that is recommended for me to go first. So I got my souls from the
Dragon Rider
room, used homeward bone before he could attack and went to the Forest of Fallen Giants. Jesus Christ what a difference between this and the other place. Now I got a sweet Heide Knight Sword that scales with faith and does lightning damage, some sweet armor, and a crapload of souls from beating two bosses.

I have a question for people though. I already beat the bosses in here. But before I officially fought
the Pursuer
he appeared on another area from his boss fight. I ran away because he looked menacing, but is it possible to fight him there near the rooftops instead of his designated boss room?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a bitch I found another one of those
Pharros things, well thats a waste of 4k souls from buying it from the witch earlier (I know I know 4k is nothing in the longrun). Unless you use another somewhere else besides the one in the forrest of giants?

Levyne

Banned
I found a
statue
in the way of a bonfire. There was a similar-ish one near a switch that an npc was talking about, near Majula.

How do you move these>

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I have a question for people though. I already beat the bosses in here. But before I officially fought
the Pursuer
he appeared on another area from his boss fight. I ran away because he looked menacing, but is it possible to fight him there near the rooftops instead of his designated boss room?

Yeah, I beat him at the first area. The boss room is then empty and you can just walk straight through.

Pharros things, well thats a waste of 4k souls from buying it from the witch earlier (I know I know 4k is nothing in the longrun). Unless you use another somewhere else besides the one in the forrest of giants?

Yeah I found it too. In the short run it's a bit of waste of souls, but it'll save you time from randomly finding that one and having to find the room where to put it.

moop1167

Are the people who are downsampling and saying they are getting a constant 60 fps exaggerating? For some reason, when I am only downsampling to 1600p using SLI GTX 670 4gb's, I get slowdowns in certain places. For instance, if I walk over to the well in Majula and look at it's direction my fps plummets to 35-40. Then in Heide's when running down the stairs and looking at the fire, etc.

Thrakier

Anyone else get graphical glitches in majula sky with Durant es ssao activated? It's above the sky over the big house you need keys for. It goes away if you deactivate durantes ssao.

cheezcake

'Transient being, you would never make a Knight of the Blue.'

Transient: lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

hhhmmm my first guess was I had to be in human form, second guess was I have to abandon my current Covenant.

You have to think a little more abstract, but it does make sense and transient is the key word

Also think about it in relation to the purpose of the covenant

Is there any way to stop the mouse cursor coming up ALL THE GODDAMN TIME when you enter menus, rest at bonfires, read messages etc?

Doing my head in.

There's loads in the game, and certain areas you unlock can give you pretty big rewards. You should always try to have some handy.

DS4Tool almost fucked me over bad. Disconnected randomly while playing and when it reconnected the button mappings were all wrong, which almost made me delete my file. If I hadn't actually read the text I would have clicked through thinking it was asking me if I wanted to load that file instead

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah found the way to the tower of flame lol, I missed the switch on the wall earlier in the game (good thing too since you "should" forrest first anyway). Guess I really was done in forrest of giants. Overall I really liked that first zone, hopefully the rest keeps up. Also, the mansion in Majula
that I opened with the cartographer key had another estus flask shard, so now im up to 4 yay. I also got something called a Soul Vessel, no idea what its for.

Oh and these big guys in tower of flame look imposing but they go down like a sack of shit. Going to call it here for the night and start early tomorow

There's loads in the game, and certain areas you unlock can give you pretty big rewards. You should always try to have some handy.

oh awesome, so I didnt waste 4k souls then, cool :D

edit: oh oh, by the way... some of the sconce lighting is actually really good, I had cleared most of the castle in forrest of giants so I went on a little sconce lighting trip, some places like the
corridor leading to the dead end full of turtle guys looks awesome with all the sconces lit up.
Sure its not TGS trailer levels, but its still pretty

I'm still kinda annoyed there's no 'new item' tab in the inventory. I keep instantly forgetting what I've picked up :<

Yeah this.

As to the removing the mouse pointer, some people here were talking about software that removes the pointer. It honestly doesn't bother me that much. In fact I kind of welcome it since I know I'm still in the menus when the pointer is out, so I don't run around and press a button to dodge only to exit the menu.

moop1167

Are the people who are downsampling and saying they are getting a constant 60 fps exaggerating? For some reason, when I am only downsampling to 1600p using SLI GTX 670 4gb's, I get slowdowns in certain places. For instance, if I walk over to the well in Majula and look at it's direction my fps plummets to 35-40. Then in Heide's when running down the stairs and looking at the fire, etc.

Well SHIT. I disabled SLI in the NVidia control panel and guess what? No more slowdowns in the places I mentioned. I guess for now we should not be using SLI because it creates performance problems in certain areas. Too bad my other card is going to waste, but maybe someone will find a solution.

As much as I love ENB series, it baffles me at how much of an asshole Borris is being about Dark Souls. No one is making him work on it, but if he's going to do it, I'm not sure why he's got such an attitude.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fuck whoever created the Bell Covenant.

Fuck all you guys who joined it.

FUCK the bonfire in Iron Keep forcing you to go through the Sol Belfry every time to progress through a bunch of horse shit.

And FUCK THE FINAL BOSS OF IRON KEEP.

Or does it?

En-ou

I spent some quality time with the game today. using gedosato with default at 2560x1440 @120Hz in 3D vision and my what a breathtaking game in 3D. I spend more time panning the camera and admiring everything.

btw, has anyone encountered 2 rat-hippos by the coffin at the shore? i saw one chilling in the middle at the bottom and was slowly going down with a torch and right at the bottom off to the right another rat-hippo charged at me, it scared the fucking shit outta me. they both proceeded to kill me of course. but then when i went back i could only find one of them. what gives?

Ludovico

The game is absolutely gorgeous right out the box - I've been playing off and on since the unlock and I'm constantly going back and forth between areas thanks to the new travel system.

Also, I'm so bad at videogames it hurts, but in the best way.

Calibus

dude playing on PC makes you feel like you were playing it on consoles wearing a fogged up pair of glasses...if you have a good enough PC go for it.

Yeah I caved to the power of Gabe. You know I actually didn't look at the specs. Oh well sure I'll be fine.

Arkanius

As an Heavy Strength build, I'm pissed off that I haven't found a better set than the Drangleic armor set from the beginning of the game.

The shield and the armor are so good. I'm in Earthen Peak and still using it.

Thrakier

This is how my manjula looks like with durantes ssao. Anyone else with this issue?

8tP3QVRh.jpg

Levyne

Banned
There seems to be an item in the
Lost Bastille
that's at mid level of two cages that both pass by it. How do you get it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just be glad they're trying to actually say something instead of stuff like "horse" and "large but hole"

I actually saw "tongue but hole" yesterday and laughed like a 12 year old before :|-ing it.

The P
ursuer
reminded me more of an easy version of Artorias or something, so that wasn't too bad. Just had to dodge and then land hits right after he strikes.

I don't know if the ladder mechanics have changed, but I hit an enemy 3 times while on the ladder, and he was doing a ton of damage just stomping me. And there went 20k souls down the drain. I feel like this "soul memory" thing is going to come back and bite me in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom