• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Is Belfry Luna an optional area? I'm having a bear of a time, between fending off PVPers invading me while I'm in the middle of packs of blue gnomes, and getting wrecked by the Gargoyles. I kind of don't feel like going through this right now.

I already soloed the Ruin Sentinel trio and the Lost Sinner.

The only way to get your health bar back to being full is to use human effigies, right?
Getting summoned and helping beat a boss.

Firebrand

there is.. I believe it's called a bonfire aesetic. Careful, though.. it sets the area around the bonfire to new game+ difficulty.

It doesn't really make it easier.. it makes it harder in a way in that you can't farm them for souls to level up or gear up.
Pretty sure there's an item you can burn to respawn enemies.
Cheers. They just removed a third knight spawn at the early
Heide's Tower of Flame outdoors area
, this is more depressing than the actual dying, lol. :(

edit: And another spawn disappeared. This really is a terrible mechanic, and it seems completely at odds with the constant HP drops from dying.

legacyzero

Banned
i kind of hate that i have to keep going back to that chick to level up.

what is the point of that? why would they change it from the bonfire to her? doesn't make any sense to me. just more of a hassle really.
Not only that, but it makes you fast travel more.

Some strange design choices in this game.

what is the point of that? why would they change it from the bonfire to her? doesn't make any sense to me. just more of a hassle really.

I would say it's to add difficulty, but with fast travel unlocked from the start all it does is that forces you to FT to the town then fast travel back. It's adding a middle man that shouldn't be in there. She's still great for estus flasks and telling you what to do to advance the plot, seems a bit silly I need to go to her to level up if it means fast traveling.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

NPCs have new dialogue and items so they want you to get a connection to Majula to talk with the NPCs. Easy way to do that would be going back Demon's Souls style and make a hub area with the character that levels you up.

neoism

ib2JMTxBD71SHY.png

iS121TXVwqs8p.png

iwUtTBeSD70iQ.png
<3

Is there no way to drop the preorder weapons? There are two different sets of "Leave" and "Discard" and I have no idea what the difference between them is. The first set ("Leave Selected" I think) are greyed out, and the second set don't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just put them in the bonfire box or whatever it is. And pick them up later in the game when I actually want to use them.

Atrophis

4th boss spoilers.

Fun fact:
The water level in the room will rise as more time is spent fighting the boss

I noticed that happening so tried to finish off the boss quick and started spamming attacks but taking hits. Killed it with 1 hp left!

Made it to the 5th boss but gonna call it a night. Been playing for 8 hours straight.

mothball

I still wasn't quite decided on what type of weapon to use, but after dying to
The Pursuer
repeatedly with my Broadsword and then clobbering ass with my Homunculus Mace, I think my choice has been made for me.

JLeack

Banned
Just spent the last 9 hours working and programming for school. Time to head into Dark Souls 2 and die a thousand times.

I went from Majula to
Forest of Giants,
killed the two bosses there, and am now in
Lost Bastille
on my way to I think what's the 2nd boss. I'm not going any weird way out of order, am I?

I'm not exactly sure I'm going anywhere since I don't have bells of awakening or anything to guide me and everything seems to eventually dead end.

any free staffs available early game, like forest of fallen giants or tower of flame?

My INT is only 10 so far.

quote for new page

Also the gargoyles were annoying. The most annoying was the attack where they jump over you, wait a moment, then a large area swipe attack. I barely survived that one the first go.

You also want to try to Kill one before really damaging the others if possible.

I don't know if he did it on purpose or accident, but my hired gun just killed me with the Ballista on Pursuer when the boss had one final hit left to kill him.

Arkanius

Is the Alonne Knight set any good for reiforcement? I find it a swet spot between the Knight's armor and the Drangleic stats (and weight)

I think nothing has made me cry more in this game than being one hit away from beating a boss and them doing one of those cheap shots they tend to have where if you don't roll at the specific location you won't get hit, you're fucked and get killed. I have yet to summon help as well.

I've no idea the name atm but the boss
well 3 bosses fight right after pursuer
is proving to be a pain. I helped someone beat it in there game once but that was it. Wish you could communicate with other players to form a strategy.

justjim89

So... where do I go after the Last Giant?

I'm level 30 and primarily going for dexterity and endurance for my build, and I managed to kill the Giant on my second try by rolling between his legs and firing arrows. It took about 100 arrows but it worked.

I poked around more around the Forest of the Fallen Giants a lot more, I found the (presumably) dead end bonfire around all the Turtles with the leather armor set in the chest, and I got killed by what I presume to be the Pursuer instantaneously, but I don't where to go. Every path I explore seems to be a dead end. Suggestions?

Also, is archery more practical in this game? I'm finding it a lot easier than I did in the last game.

2AdEPT

I don't know if he did it on purpose or accident, but my hired gun just killed me with the Ballista on Pursuer when the boss had one final hit left to kill him.

This is way too common....just make sure that you know the path of the ballista and NEVER hang out in its path...the shooters have lag and when the boss jerks around people get itchy fingers....I never got hit cause I just stayed to the side when it was my turn to lure them into target range.

I'm level 30 and primarily going for dexterity and endurance for my build, and I managed to kill the Giant on my second try by rolling between his legs and firing arrows. It took about 100 arrows but it worked.

I poked around more around the Forest of the Fallen Giants a lot more, I found the (presumably) dead end bonfire around all the Turtles with the leather armor set in the chest, and I got killed by what I presume to be the Pursuer instantaneously, but I don't where to go. Every path I explore seems to be a dead end. Suggestions?

Also, is archery more practical in this game? I'm finding it a lot easier than I did in the last game.

there are a couple locked doors...one very close to the ladder down from the bonfire, and another where you can see the sun again.

Once you beat
Pursuer and the dead end with the turtles, there's a fast travel option to another area past the pursuer. I'll give you a hint, it's similar to DS1

Besides that, I think you're basically done. That's when I left the area. Now I fast traveled back to Heide's tower.

This is way too common....just make sure that you know the path of the ballista and NEVER hang out in its path...the shooters have lag and when the boss jerks around people get itchy fingers....I never got hit cause I just stayed to the side when it was my turn to lure them into target range.

I should have known better since I did that to someone on my Ps3 playthrough but I forgot they were there. Oh well, not that it is a hard fight, I just kick myself for having to waste an effigy.

Hypron

I generated my character's face randomly and added a beard... And I really didn't expect him to look that badass:

The character creator in this game really is a lot better than it was in DS1.

AngryMoth

quote for new page
Yes in the area where you meet pate in the forest you can get a staff which only requires 10 int.
It's behind a secret door at the bottom of the staircase where all the enemies are. Hit interact to open it, secret walls are different in this game. Might take a while to find, it's very inconspicuous

I defeated
The Pursuer
with ballista by myself. I just
stood in front of one somewhat far away, waited for him to dash and attack, and then I ran to the far right one and set it up. He travels to you slow enough where you can get a shot in if he's positioned right. That takes out like 99% of his life. Then firebomb.

nbthedude

Man, Forrest of Fallen Giants kicked my ass way worse than it should have thanks to being rust at Souls games and getting the bright idea that I should go hard and pick "Deprived" as my starting class.

It literally took me like 4-5 hours make it through that area. As a deprived character there, there are hardly any weapons you can use, you die in 2 or 3 hits from most enemies. I would be embarrassed if I knew how many times I died in that area alone.

I just now feel like I'm getting my head above water. After finishing it, I had enough souls to level up 7 times. And I used the boss soul to level up 3 more times (cause fuck specialty weapons, this is about survival). But I feel like I came out the otherside tougher, and smarter, and have back that pragmatism of "anything goes, whatever works" that I kind of had let slide. Motherfuckers, if I have daggers in my inventory, the bastards are getting daggers in the face. If there is a cliff, I'm trying to get the enemies over there and kick them off. If an enemy or set of them are too much to handle, I'm putting on my running shoes. It's on now. I'm back. Bring on the next challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom