• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Use a small white soapstone if you're going to be playing a lot of co-op, especially against bosses, where the time limit becomes trivial.

The reward is much nicer
a smooth & silky stone every single time that you can drop in the birds' nest for all sorts of goodies, including human effigies and twinkling titanites

Man, I am really loving this so far. It helps that I remained mostly spoiler free, I think. I had no idea what the first couple of areas were even going to be.

I'm REALLY taking my time, though. 2 hours played, and I feel like I've hardly done anything yet.

Things just feel right so far. I'm sure I'll have complaints as things go on, but for now, I'm just enjoying being back with a Dark Souls game.

dreamfall

Yeah, regarding the Cathedral,
Dragonrider was pretty anticlimactic. I struggled so hard with O+S, it almost made we want to suffer more.

I've been putting a lot into Dex, I just want an uchigatana, and I'll feel at home.

aeolist

Banned
maybe i still need to get used to the differences from the first game but so far i really seriously super dislike the health decrease mechanic

dreamfall

maybe i still need to get used to the differences from the first game but so far i really seriously super dislike the health decrease mechanic

But isn't it like Demon's? That's what it feels like to me.

The punishment for dying repeatedly and the disappearance of enemies bothers me more. I really loved grinding in Demon's/Dark, there was something therapeutic about it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

aeolist

Banned

The punishment for dying repeatedly and the disappearance of enemies bothers me more. I really loved grinding in Demon's/Dark, there was something therapeutic about it.

it's what kept me from playing demon's when i tried

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's a lot different in Demon's Souls because it felt like being in Soul form was worth it for various reasons (unlike in DkS2 where it benefits jack shit):

Soul form in Demon's Souls made you quiet - easier to sneak from behind. It also disabled world tendencies to change when dying. Oh, and the most important part of being in soul form is that you get (approx) 20% stronger.
it's what kept me from playing demon's when i tried
Cling Ring, easily obtainable early on in the game. Pretty much puts you at 75% health which should/is more than enough for a character in DS.

Trickster

Do you reveal illusionary walls differently than in dark souls 1? In the first one, you just had to hit the wall. But everytime I've come across a message saying there's an illusionary wall in this game, nothing happens when I try to hit the wall. Am I just continuosly being trolled by messages?

Yoshichan

Do you reveal illusionary walls differently than in dark souls 1? In the first one, you just had to hit the wall. But everytime I've come across a message saying there's an illusionary wall in this game, nothing happens when I try to hit the wall. Am I just continuosly being trolled by messages?

Troll after troll. It's the new "Happy cow" and "Please evaluate me".

Soloing the
3 metal bosses, whatever they're called
was goddamn satisfying. Didn't know about all the
illusion walls
before hand. Would've made it easier.

dreamfall

It's a lot different in Demon's Souls because it felt like being in Soul form was worth it for various reasons (unlike in DkS2 where it benefits jack shit):

Soul form in Demon's Souls made you quiet - easier to sneak from behind. It also disabled world tendencies to change when dying. Oh, and the most important part of being in soul form is that you get (approx) 20% stronger.

Cling Ring, easily obtainable early on in the game. Pretty much puts you at 75% health which should/is more than enough for a character in DS.

It's funny because outside of the benefits for Soul form in Demon's, in Dark Souls 2 it does feel purely aesthetic. I see my zombified hollow form, and I just feel sad :/

Tilian

Banned
So, when patch 1.03 hits soon, humanity/reverse hollowing when a phantom in boss fights is going to be nerfed or something?

xBladeM6x

Wow, the cathedral boss room is FILLED with bloodstains.
Good_Good.gif

Anyone else go through Heide's before Forest of Fallen Giants? I
encountered the giants and thought I had gone the wrong way but they died relatively quickly and there were so few that I assumed it was supposed to be the first area you go through. The dragon rider boss was pretty easy as well. It wasn't until I went back to Majula and found the forest area
when I saw more basic enemy types that I realized I did the wrong place first.

Yoshichan

Or too low, it's incredibly easy to level up.
As someone who's permanently stuck on S.lvl 1, how is it incredibly easy to level up? Do enemies just give you plenty of more souls the deeper you go into the game?

Teknoman

Oh man, the second boss can be so easy or so hard depending on your party or lack thereof.

I think im gonna hang around to help people with that...and get enough souls so I have better equip load for some recent stuff I found.

Well... Shit :/ Dark Souls 2 now crashes on startup with a white screen. I don't understand, I played for 11 hours yesterday and must have started the game up about six or seven times in different configurations...

Levyne

Banned
Alright, just decided to summon people myself and kill the first forest boss.

Andd....now I'm not sure what to do. Nothing happened?

encountered the giants and thought I had gone the wrong way but they died relatively quickly and there were so few that I assumed it was supposed to be the first area you go through. The dragon rider boss was pretty easy as well. It wasn't until I went back to Majula and found the forest area

Yea I did the same. Those giants weren't too hard, as long as you kept circling and did 1 at a time.

Teknoman

Alright, just decided to summon people myself and kill the first forest boss.

Andd....now I'm not sure what to do. Nothing happened?

Go back and check doors.

Anyone else glad that this game has much more music than Dark Souls I? Or for that matter did anyone else think they messed up when examining
the nest
for the first time?

EDIT: lol I dont think I even saw a different path aside from the forest...

Yoshichan

Anyone else glad that this game has much more music than Dark Souls I? Or for that matter did anyone else think they messed up when examining
the nest
for the first time?
Yeah the game is noisy as fuck. The main town has a frustrating theme and everytime I'm there, I mute my headphones.

I did the same thing, but backed up when I got to the
Wharf

Levyne

Banned
Yep, I did that too, even got through the first
Bastille
boss. But got stuck so just decided to go to the forest.

dreamfall

Summoned two people to help me on an early boss. I feel like such a failure.

After not summoning ever on a first run in Demon's/Dark, I just wanted to see how it worked on PC! Without GFWL!

At least, that's what I tell myself. I felt like a total failure too :/ VOWED TO NEVER AGAIN. Even managed to kill one of my helpers with the Ballistas.

Profound sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom