• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

How do i get to
Heide's Tower of Flame? I thought the contraption would work with Pharro's but nothing
. I completed the
Forest of Fallen Giants, i think since i beat the Pursuer. Got to the Bastille via crow, but since the Tower was mentioned by the knight in Majula i think i should go there next

Dark Souls 2 with ENB.

I've just made a short video of Dark Souls 2 with a quick ENB config to try and get the game close to the pre-release footage. It's uploading to youtube right now but seeing as it's a 2GB file it may take some time..
Here's the link for when it's done.
http://youtu.be/zLAeHgfYsL4

and here are some screen grabs from the video.

As you can see.. this looks fucking amazing!

[edit]

Just noticed the pics are messed up a bit, thanks to "paint" ha ha, oh well , you get the idea :)

The blacks have been crushed.

Edit: well that came out wrong.

How do i get to
Heide's Tower of Flame? I thought the contraption would work with Pharro's but nothing
. I completed the
Forest of Fallen Giants, i think since i beat the Pursuer. Got to the Bastille via crow, but since the Tower was mentioned by the knight in Majula i think i should go there next

There's an entrance in Majula that leads underground. Next to the buildings. It'll lead you to a sewer. That's the way.

In Spain there was a pre-order print for the game made by Azpiri. He drew a lot of game covers in the 80's.
x3bOiw4.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
i kind of hate that i have to keep going back to that chick to level up.

what is the point of that? why would they change it from the bonfire to her? doesn't make any sense to me. just more of a hassle really.

Imagine having to do that with 30 second load screens on PS3.

2AdEPT

I defeated
The Pursuer
with ballista by myself. I just
stood in front of one somewhat far away, waited for him to dash and attack, and then I ran to the far right one and set it up. He travels to you slow enough where you can get a shot in if he's positioned right. That takes out like 99% of his life. Then firebomb.

this is pretty much how the speedrunners do it..... to see an all melee, no shield version check out this vid.
tip
just stay up their were you fight the first one the others will jump there too lol

Yep...I would have beat them once this way while practicing...but then wanted to record myself so I quit out....but then when I was recording I got swiped offf the ledge and had to improvise!!! it was intense....most swearing through all 73 videos for my first play-through but still made it.

Argonis

Is there a way to change the R1 button to R2? My pointer finger naturally falls on the R2 instead of the R1 button for blocking. It's cramps my finger to have to hold it over the R1.

so1337

I can't believe my Macbook Pro runs this thing better at 900p than my PS3 at 720.

Not that I'm complaining. I can finally play a decent version of the game.

I generated my character's face randomly and added a beard... And I really didn't expect him to look that badass:

The character creator in this game really is a lot better than it was in DS1.

Looks like Vinny with more hair.

ijsXj8.png

also thanks to the guy who recommended the staff. I didn't go down that area yet. Thanks!

Waiting for my friend to catch up to me in SL (around 29-31). Don't want to go any futher, what should I be doing besides helping out on bosses?

Babalu.

good thread. bought it yesterday and it still said preorder on the receipt, i hope i get those extra weapons for preordering.

Prodigal

Banned
Waiting for my friend to catch up to me in SL (around 29-31). Don't want to go any futher, what should I be doing besides helping out on bosses?

You gotta pay attention to your soul memory too. There's a range for summoning people just for acquiring souls, no matter what you do with them.

JLeack

Banned
Co-op is so great. If nothing else, it's a reason some people could reasonably consider this better than its predecessor. DS1's co-op never worked for me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wow I'm glad I didn't spoil myself completely before launch.

Just encountered this boss who did something to me and...geez, this game is relentless in some areas. The atmosphere might not be as overly oppressive as Demons/DaS but in terms of the gameplay for some areas, oppressive is the perfect word. It seems like when they mentioned making the game a little more accessible, they only meant the first few hours because I'm getting bodied pretty consistently now.

justjim89

I must ask, is archery worth the trouble and investment?

It's really nice to take out enemies from a distance and have free aim for really far ones, and I'm already focusing on dexterity so it's a nice pairing, but I find myself spending any excess souls on arrows, which surely had been the equivalent of a level or two at this point.

JLeack

Banned
I must ask, is archery worth the trouble and investment?

It's really nice to take out enemies from a distance and have free aim for really far ones, and I'm already focusing on dexterity so it's a nice pairing, but I find myself spending any excess souls on arrows, which surely had been the equivalent of a level or two at this point.

Everyone should have a bow or magic. If you don't have range, there are a couple areas that will own you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you manually aim (first person) with crossbows now? In that case, dual wielding (for the stat-req) a regular crossbow and pulling enemies out is my best choice here.

S.lvl 1 playthrough btw. Oh and first playthrough.

sixghost

Alrighty. Just started playing and i'm having a blast(as well as wanting to shoot myself). I've decided to stream it and put a small stipulation on myself by beating the game without using a shield. So far it's gone pretty well, just beat the
Pursuer
which was a bitch but man it was satisfying.

It's going to be way harder this way, but I think it makes the game much more fulfilling. When you beat a boss without a shield, you know it's because you mastered that boss. Blocking has always been way too strong in PvE in my opinion.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm so found the blacksmith in
the bastille. i'm tempted to open up the chests but something tells me not to

Can you manually aim (first person) with crossbows now? In that case, dual wielding (for the stat-req) a regular crossbow and pulling enemies out is my best choice here.

S.lvl 1 playthrough btw. Oh and first playthrough.
yea you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom