• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyhawk

I just obliterated the
old dragonslayer
with the kind help of a mage and now I'm feeling like a boss.

It's crazy how the time flies when you play a great game, I feel like I just started playing but I've been playing it already for around 5h. ^^

Man, these summons I continue to get near the door to this triple boss fight in The Lost Bastille fucking suck. I've lost 50K souls now. The frustation is through the roof but I want to keep trying until I beat them. Maybe I shouldn't be here for level 38.

Milton

Banned
Covenant spoiler, and a tip for new players:

Joining the
Champion's Covenant, found up a hill in Majula, will make the game more difficult and disable co-op functionality

This "one guy"........am I capable of killing him with my base Knight?

If you had a striking weapon I think its doable, though running to him could be tricky if the leash on enemies don't break you'll be in for a world of hurt lol. Though since youre already stuck at 1/2 half health, there's nothing for you to lose

Does resting at bonfire repair all weapons or just equipped ones?

pretty sure its all

cm osi

Im not that far in but yeah, so far these bosses haven't been on the scale of the big epic bosses of DS1 (only finished the forest and heikei so far)

well i'm using a "so-so" dark souls scale, they're still good but nothing that make me say "holy fuck this boss"

xBladeM6x

How much downsampling is this?

None, believe it or not. No need for it when shit looks this good.

Holy fuck. Never used ENB, how do I make the game look like that?

1: Download this: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1b1ca31d1d85130b&id=1B1CA31D1D85130B!12370

2: Extract it to the Steam\steamapps\common\DarkSoulsII\Game (Where the actual DarkSoulsII.exe is.

3: Done, just load the game and you're ready to go. Just be aware that this is incompatible with Durantes GSTDO and will make you crash on startup.

Note: Don't be alarmed by the 5-10 second white screen on startup, it just does that and if you alt+tab, but it won't crash and it's not freezing or anything.

Firebrand

So hmm... I'm suspecting the despawning might have removed enemies that I haven't even met yet... I didn't find my way to the
forest giant boss
until after I had already been through
Heide's Tower of Flame, up to Dragonrider, and No Man's Wharf up until the Lost Castille entrance
(so yeah, those might have been harder than they had to be). I'm seeing bloodstains in empty rooms, like the room above the Cardinal Tower bonfire, and I seem to remember once seeing a bird of some sorts swooping down in the forest castle outdoors area too, not sure if that was even an enemy.

Also haven't been invaded even once yet, maybe that's the Blue Covenant at work?

But yeah. Still having a blast with the game. So fun to explore. Early warping isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
14016911081_d492d716a4_c.jpg

Praise the Son!

well i'm using a "so-so" dark souls scale, they're still good but nothing that make me say "holy fuck this boss"

Yeah, on the up side, I am loving the small white soap stone for helping people clear old bosses and areas, as well as its rewards (refilling estus, hp and weapon durability after it ends). I've gotten like 9 shinies to give the crows and got a bunch of rocks I don't know how to use so far lol

Man, these summons I continue to get near the door to this triple boss fight in The Lost Bastille fucking suck. I've lost 50K souls now. The frustation is through the roof but I want to keep trying until I beat them. Maybe I shouldn't be here for level 38.

That fight is the first real gut check boss, so you may want to come back after leveling up a bit. It is technically optional if you can figure out how to bypass it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So what the fuck is going on with the coop ? I know there's the whole 'soul memory' mechanic in the background but why am I being summoned into a game (like I want to, at the start of the area) and I then kill a few enemies and it goes 'Duty Fulfilled' and turfs me out. It's irritating as I want to help them all the way to the boss and kick its ass but unless you drop your white stone just before the boss area you never get it.

eot

Banned
Why the fuck do weapons break so fucking fast?

They seem to break differently depending on how you use them. The 2-handed R2 on the Large Club makes it lose something like 4 or 5 durability per attack (I went from no durability warning to broken in one swing), I think that's because you're hitting the ground. If you hit walls it also goes down faster I think.

So what the fuck is going on with the coop ? I know there's the whole 'soul memory' mechanic in the background but why am I being summoned into a game (like I want to, at the start of the area) and I then kill a few enemies and it goes 'Duty Fulfilled' and turfs me out. It's irritating as I want to help them all the way to the boss and kick its ass but unless you drop your white stone just before the boss area you never get it.

There's a time limit, like 5 mins for small soapstone, 30 mins for white. I think killing enemies makes it go down faster.

That happens with the small soapstone. Use the large stone to stay longer.

you're using the small white soap stone. Its set on a timer but nets you refilled flasks, hp and durability when you're done. The large one is like the old one and lets you stay til the boss dies

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm made it to
Sinner's Rise
but I feel like I left stuff to do at the Lost Bastille, guess ill go back, try that other bonfire
from when the bird drops you off

dekline

Game was working great yesterday, boot up my pc today and now DS2 stops responding every time I start it up :(

There seems to be a few potential workarounds that I will try until this is fixed.

Edit: Definitely an HDMI issue, I just don't understand why it decided to strike today. Oh well.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I envy you guys. I got the game via TF2Outpost, but seems there were shenanigans involved. I only got to play it for 3 hours and then it was revoked by the original gifter.
Game "feels" better than the original, but that might just be the framerate speaking. It's wondrous, game looks quite nice at times.

I lost some money, learned my lesson, life goes on. See you people next month. Still got the original to beat, just wanted to get in while it was hot and new. :(

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
There's a time limit, like 5 mins for small soapstone, 30 mins for white. I think killing enemies makes it go down faster.

That happens with the small soapstone. Use the large stone to stay longer.

you're using the small white soap stone. Its set on a timer but nets you refilled flasks, hp and durability when you're done. The large one is like the old one and lets you stay til the boss dies

Thank you, I'm an idiot as I don't think I have it yet or just missed it. Off I go!

Tecl0n

I met
the blacksmith
at Lost Bastille, can i get the item he requests now or do i have to wait for further areas?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, trying to get GeDoSaTo to work... I've extracted everything in Steamapps>Common>Dark Souls II and toyed with the .ini and I'm not noticing any graphics change.

Anyone?

1: Download this: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1b1ca31d1d85130b&id=1B1CA31D1D85130B!12370

2: Extract it to the Steam\steamapps\common\DarkSoulsII\Game (Where the actual DarkSoulsII.exe is.

3: Done, just load the game and you're ready to go. Just be aware that this is incompatible with Durantes GSTDO and will make you crash on startup.

Note: Don't be alarmed by the 5-10 second white screen on startup, it just does that and if you alt+tab, but it won't crash and it's not freezing or anything.
Awesome, thanks a bunch. Luckily I'm not using GeDoSaTo so it should work fine.

Hmm, trying to get GeDoSaTo to work... I've extracted everything in Steamapps>Common>Dark Souls II and toyed with the .ini and I'm not noticing any graphics change.

Anyone?

Can be extracted anywhere. Run the .exe as administrator and select activate in the gui before launching the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone know how to get the item on
the body in the balcony where the ruin sentinels were
? I cant make the jump no matter what

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: nevermind, thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom