• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

Am I a retard or what? I'm right clicking on DarkSoulsII(.exe) in the Dark Souls > Game-folder. Checking the "Run as administrator" and then apply. Then double click the .exe and nothing happens.

edit: do I need to have the GeDoSaTo-program in the background? The Whitelist/Blacklist-program?

Right click .exe > run as admin > activate and then I minimize it.

That's all I do.

Having an awful time at No Man's Wharf, god dammit this place...

This is where I started using the torch in full.

I still find it very jarring that some bonfires have dynamic shadows and others don't, it's like someone forgot to trigger the right buttons.

I also got the running glitch on those hollow soldiers (the ones with the funky run animation).

Other than that, so far so good.

Uh yeah so is there a reason I'm being constantly invaded right before the
gargoyles
boss? And sometimes by more than 1 person?!

That's how that area is supposed to be. Anyone in the
Bell Keeper covenant
will be summoned (from just about anywhere) to stop you from reaching the boss.

Grief.exe

Can I skirt the rockwall here? I see lots of bloodstains showing people falling off, but not in that direction.

Also, GeDoSaTo is not a fan of alt-tabbing.

xNDjSER.jpg

eot

Banned
Well damn that kinda sucks lol

What annoys me most about that place (aside from me failing the boss over and over) are the little shits who always tag me as I'm trying to enter the fog wall. I miss the invulnerability :( do those little guys stop spawning eventually?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And my game seems to tear a lot. Any way of solving this?

Facism

GREATSWORD SCRUBS EVERYWHERE.

One guy 2-handing a greatsword against smelter. Gets dominated in 2 seconds. Just going to use the seperation crystal next time

Uh yeah so is there a reason I'm being constantly invaded right before the
gargoyles
boss? And sometimes by more than 1 person?!

Its a covenant similar to the hunters in darkmoon baisin.

I think I was attacked by like 8 people total. It's surprisingly active.

I slaughtered them all, the men, the women, the children.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Force triple buffered v-sync and make sure you are able to hold a solid 60 FPS.
Do I force it with Durantes mod or is that in the Nvidia settings?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm guess Im done in Lost Bastille, the other bonfire
via the bird
just wraps around to where ive already been.

One guy 2-handing a greatsword against smelter. Gets dominated in 2 seconds. Just going to use the seperation crystal next time
That's a hard fight for almost everyone. Has nothing to do with weapon choice. Phantoms and hosts alike die like fuckng crazy there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

oh look, im in a wow thread >_>

anyway, not having anything on Y is annoying me, I might lvl faith or something just to have like some low lvl miracle to use

Rhaknar

Sinners Rise
or
Hunter's Corpse
after
Lost Bastille
guys? logic would say
Sinner's Rise
since its basically a continuation of
Bastille
, but someone was saying I should have done
Hunter's Corpse
already earlier?

Sorry if its been debated to death but is adaptability worth it or not? Just started the game and primarily plan on going melee. Mostly used swords and spears in Demon Souls and Dark Souls if it makes a difference.

Started with a knight but might reroll if it is a worthless stat. Thanks.

cheezcake

Sinners Rise
or
Hunter's Corpse
after
Lost Bastille
guys? logic would say
Sinner's Rise
Bastille
Hunter's Corpse
already earlier?

SR before HC for sure

Sinners Rise
or
Hunter's Corpse
after
Lost Bastille
guys? logic would say
Sinner's Rise
Bastille
Hunter's Corpse
already earlier?

You will feel very over leveled in the
Copse
if you do that later.

Facism

That's a hard fight for almost everyone. Has nothing to do with weapon choice. Phantoms and hosts alike die like fuckng crazy there.

Even more excuse to play with prudence and sense instead of running 2-handed YOLO into the big fiery death machine, don't you think? :p

Am I the only one with controller issues? I'm using a wireless 360 controller w the dongle..
Nothing works, not even in menus.

Super frustrating. I just wanna play lol

Tecl0n

Is there a way I can tell what level I should be at to be able to use these?

Go to the equipment screen, a go to the item you want before confirming the equip in the bottom there is a handful of icons with numbers, they are the requirements for said weapon. The letters indicate the scaling it has with one or more stats.

Rhaknar

hi guys, these ugly fuckers in the
Sinner's Rise water canals arent so tough, they barely OH MY GOD DOUBLE TAIL SWIPE IM DEAD, IM DEAD GUYS
:(

AnnTiPa

Sorry if its been debated to death but is adaptability worth it or not? Just started the game and primarily plan on going melee. Mostly used swords and spears in Demon Souls and Dark Souls if it makes a difference.

Started with a knight but might reroll if it is a worthless stat. Thanks.

It's worth it. More agility means more i-frames while rolling, allowing you to roll through attacks more easily similar to the first Dark Souls. Around 100 agility (~20 ADP) should be enough, not worth it going higher.

Sinners Rise
or
Hunter's Corpse
after
Lost Bastille
guys? logic would say
Sinner's Rise
Bastille
Hunter's Corpse
already earlier?

Think of each path as a wing, to play the game as easily as possible you should do copse before bastille, and then do either the area after copse or lost bastile, and the sinners rise or the last area after huntsman copse. Its kind of confusing because you have to find these places by yourself, unlike demon's souls where you could teleport to each wing. Basically a normal person might just give up and go exploring other places, but other people are stubborn and just keep going

Facism

haha greatsword host, greatsword phantom, both dead 30 seconds within entering the boss room. Both run straight in and spunk all their stamina for 3 hits lol.

Hyoukokun

I got a whole bunch of items I'd never seen before after creating a new character on the PC version (
homunculus shield, yellow quartz sword, several others
). Any idea why that would happen? A preorder bonus of some sort, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom