• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The
Lost Sinner
boss fight in Sinner's Rise reminds me a lot of Artorias in the Abyss DLC from Dark Souls 1.

Timing up your rolls carefully during his strikes to set up an attack or two.

Arkanius

I've already vanquished 20 filthy humans for the Rat King.
Glory to the Rat King.

Last guy, died to my acid traps when he tried to run away from me.

Tevious

Can I skirt the rockwall here? I see lots of bloodstains showing people falling off, but not in that direction.

Also, GeDoSaTo is not a fan of alt-tabbing.

Nope. Just get the chest and that's all there is out there.

Holy shit. Using Bonfire Ascetics to strengthen the mobs in Grave of Saints works for the Rat Covenant.
Holy shit!

Yes, but be careful because the boss respawns too and can be a real pain in the ass if you're not leveled up enough. You can't turn in your rat tails without fighting the boss again.

Allow me to show you, with ENB.

XxuuZ1N.jpg

jlrrGTt.jpg

tRQcGgg.jpg
Post ini plz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 greatsoul down, 3 to go.
Lost Sinner went down like a little bitch, I just /shrugged all his moves with mah tower shield
, IM A TANK BABY

I know I know, im sure being a tank will fuck me over for some bosses :)

How am I supposed to beat this weasel king? It seems as though co-op is blocked against him, which is trash tier design if that is the case.

Asiriya

Neo Member
I want to get the Black Armour PC version but it's not available on Amazon; though it was a few months ago, and is for PS360. Have they sold out of PC versions or?

Arkanius

Nope. Just get the chest and that's all there is out there.

Yes, but be careful because the boss respawns too and can be a real pain in the ass if you're not leveled up enough. You can't turn in your rat tails without fighting the boss again.

The boss didn't respawn for me?

DukeBobby

hi guys, these ugly fuckers in the
Sinner's Rise water canals arent so tough, they barely OH MY GOD DOUBLE TAIL SWIPE IM DEAD, IM DEAD GUYS
:(

Lure them back to the lift, one at a time. Step on the lift to send it back up, which reveals a small hole filled with water. Let them attack you and they will fall into the hole and die instantly.

I fucking LOVE this game.

Question: is it worth putting points into vitality? Will I be able to carry heavier pieces of armor?

If only I knew where Havel's ring is in this game.

Dammit, it's so hard not to look up things. But I shall persevere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys, some thoughts please?

atm I have 15 vigor, 15 endu, 20 vit, 30str, 15 adapt, 11 dex (this was to be able to use bastard sword)

should I start putting some points into Faith just to have at least SOMETHING to use the Y button with? like some cheap miracle, Heal or something?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do lizards spawn 15 times (or as many times as regular enemies) as well?

should I start putting some points into Faith just to have at least SOMETHING to use the Y button with? like some cheap miracle, Heal or something?
You wouldn't cast any spell or miracle with the Y button; it would be done the same way you attack with a weapon.

Tommyhawk

I just spent one hour helping people to fight the two bosses in Heide's Tower and it was amazing, such a good feeling to help others.
And it's a very good way to farm souls.

Thrakier

screenshot_2014-04-26snxsr.jpg

screenshot_2014-04-26h1awa.jpg

I love bonfire lighting shots.
(Btw, these are with 60 FPS settings)

Durante, your new DOF is nice, but it still eats at least 10FPS away on my 660TI, I go down from 60 to 50. I can get back to 60 with the lower quality SSAO though but these 60 are not rock stable, I get drops here and there. =(

But it looks nice.

Grief.exe

After beating the
Lost Sinner
in Sinner's Rise there was a message with 300 rating saying there was an illusionary wall, I slapped every wall and mashed the x button but couldn't find it.

Troll?

cm osi

After beating the
Lost Sinner
in Sinner's Rise there was a message with 300 rating saying there was an illusionary wall, I slapped every wall and mashed the x button but couldn't find it.

Troll?

troll. they put the message near the wall so people will vote the message while they smash the button

i use the great club, i don't know if it has the same moveset. it's great to start the attack, change the direction at the last fraction of second and smash the fucker. havel style.

You sir, are doing it right. Called it a pivot slash back in Dark Souls.

The problem with Greatsword in DSII is that it has DS Claymore's R1 instead of the (better) Zweihander R1. So it's tough to land a hit even pivoting because it's too linear. This can be solved by one-handing the Greatsword but it's a shame the two handed moveset sucks in DSII.

At least Zwei still has the "dice roll" horizontal slash that screws people trying to roll to your back or sides if you pivot correctly.

I fucking LOVE this game.

Question: is it worth putting points into vitality? Will I be able to carry heavier pieces of armor?

If only I knew where Havel's ring is in this game.

Dammit, it's so hard not to look up things. But I shall persevere.

mileS

Kind of scary reading about all the people that are getting invaded low level, then the invader jumps off a cliff and they end up giving you 500,000-1mil souls. Pretty much screwing your Soul Memory for co-op. As someone who couldn't give 2 shits about PvP in this game (just not for me, nothing against people that enjoy it) The only type of online experience I'd like to have is doing some random co-op from time to time.

I think we all knew cheating would be a problem. But this is 1000x worse than just getting stomped once in a while by an extremely powerful invader. This is something that will stay with you :(

AHA-Lambda

Pursuer
is kicking my ass. I'm certainly struggling with DS II early game more than Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls.

I know what you mean. I've beaten
fake Ornstein
and he didn't even give me as much trouble as
pursuer.

Yeah, I had to use the
ballista trick
=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom