• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and another Bellbro did the pumped up gesture at the exact same time right after I smoked a guy with a lightning spear
darksoulsii_2014_04_26_22_00_08_340_by_realghostvids-d7g18x2.jpg

I couldn't have been happier!

Milton

Banned
Levelling up in Majula is such a wacky design decision.

Same thing you had to do in Demon's Souls. Except the Maiden in Black was actually an interesting character and you didn't need to skip four lines of dialogue to get to the level up screen.

I was farming the Salamanders to get their Fireball related items to drop, and after sometime, I noticed that they don't respawn anymore.

What gives? Is there actually a limited number of enemy respawns in Dark Souls 2?

If so, thats bloody lame lol. Farming was super necessary in the first game to get slabs to drop, etc.

Jintor

Same thing you had to do in Demon's Souls. Except the Maiden in Black was actually an interesting character and you didn't need to skip four lines of dialogue to get to the level up screen.

what's the deal with the emerald herald anyway

is she from oz

Grief.exe

Yes. I use the tool just for the SMAA and SSAO. Just start the tool and set your native res inside the game options.

Just to clarify

lQLCJ0F.png

Why would you go for driver downsampling when Durante's render pipeline aware method can achieve higher quality?

I understand that would exist for options such as Ambient Occlusion as it knows when to apply the effect correct, but downsampling just increases the resolution.

I could easily be missing something, but would that really cause it to be higher quality?

Milton

Banned
I was farming the Salamanders to get their Fireball related items to drop, and after sometime, I noticed that they don't respawn anymore.

What gives? Is there actually a limited number of enemy respawns in Dark Souls 2?

If so, thats bloody lame lol.

Yes. IIRC 15 is the limit. After that you need to use a bonfire ascetic to respawn the enemies, but the kicker is those enemies will be at NG+ difficulty and the increased difficulty will carry over to subsequent playthroughs.

Salcin

Banned
I like that transition when the game goes from being extremely difficult, to challenging, and then becoming quite easy. Just like in Dark Souls :))

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
God damn I'm caught in an infinite belltower loop, the moment I kill a victim and return to my world I'm immediately summoned again, this is hilarious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ruin Sentinels
down! had to switch weapons mid fight too because my ultra greatsword almost broke lol (I only have that equipped because of the weight)

Arkanius

Just to clarify

lQLCJ0F.png

I understand that would exist for options such as Ambient Occlusion as it knows when to apply the effect correct, but downsampling just increases the resolution.

I could easily be missing something, but would that really cause it to be higher quality?

Uncomment the downsampling res. When you enter the game, just set it to 1080p instead of the higher res. And it will be fine

creyas

Someone here posted a DS4 button prompt texture replacement, but i can't find it. Anyone know who it was/how to find it?

About to fire it up, configuring. :) Fingers crossed for HDMI.

Different resize algorithms and it can do its work independently of the UI.

Yes. IIRC 15 is the limit. After that you need to use a bonfire ascetic to respawn the enemies, but the kicker is those enemies will be at NG+ difficulty and the increased difficulty will carry over to subsequent playthroughs.

Yikes, thanks for the heads up.

It'd make losing souls a much more painful experience, since there's a hard limit in one playthrough. Got to be extra careful moving forward.

Just to clarify

lQLCJ0F.png

Maybe just set the render width equal to display width. Or maybe that whole section needs to be commented out.

Trying not to look anything up about this game, but I do have some questions:

Should I put points into strength (or dexterity) first? And afterwards vitality/endurance? Or are those stats not so important anymore?

After killing the second boss, should I go to Bastille or not?

legacyzero

Banned
Am I a bad person if I'm only using the Wiki to understand what certain items do?

Dont' think I'll be diving into a walkthrough for this game though.

Horp

Having great fun with the game. Not a looker, but very fun.
Don't like the stagger on 0 stamina-mechanic though.

Grief.exe

Need more hints on this

'Transient being, you would never make a Knight of the Blue.'

Transient: lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

zkylon

zkylewd
Am I a bad person if I'm only using the Wiki to understand what certain items do?

Dont' think I'll be diving into a walkthrough for this game though.
nope

everyone enjoys this game in their own way

finding everything on your own is impossible anyways, which is kind of the point, but sharing information also is so you know, you're alright

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Eh does it matter you can warp to any Bonfire from the start at will. It's no different that levelling near any bonfire.

Well it was pretty different on consoles in that it required sitting through a 10 second load screen. It still takes like 5 additional seconds on PC compared to just leveling up in the fire menu. I get that it's "the same as it was in Demon's Souls" but it's still questionable.

For example, FROM decided that the equipment repair loop from DS1 was trivial and pointless so they streamlined it in DS2, yet they went ahead and added completely pointless bonfire travel to the level up process.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Having great fun with the game. Not a looker, but very fun.
Don't like the stagger on 0 stamina-mechanic though.

That mechanic really messed me up my first time playing the early game. I've been a lot better during this PC run at managing my stamina and just completely avoiding blocking whenever possible.

I'm a lot better at the game in most ways, and I'm not sure if it's just knowledge and experience or if having controls that actually respond is making all the difference.

The music seems to be, I dunno, off, as compared to DkS.

Granted I'm still at the first main area and have yet to defeat the area boss, but I have yet to hear something on the level of the Taurus Demon boss music (a.k.a. general boss theme in DkS) from DkS.

Y'know, music that'd get your heart pumping and tell you that shiet is going down.

Even Marjala's town theme seems weak as compared to Firelink Shrine's.

Game's still pretty good though, still adjusting.

oh fuck off,
3 bosses at the same time?
Fuck you From :(

Hardest fight by far for my power stancer.

Any multi boss fights are tough without a shield. They're weak to lightning and blunt damage. God damn it seems like everything is weak to a mace in this game and resistant to slash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom