• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpkins

I fucking LOVE this game.

Question: is it worth putting points into vitality? Will I be able to carry heavier pieces of armor?

If only I knew where Havel's ring is in this game.

Dammit, it's so hard not to look up things. But I shall persevere.

Vitality raises your equip load, so you will be able to equip heavier pieces of armor without fat-rolling (as long as you're below 70%).

Arkanius

I have reached an horrible conclusion.
Most of my screenshots never match all those "Dark Souls 2 is ugly as sin, downgrade ahead", then I noticed I had my brightness setting correctly (Dragon invisible)

It really sets up the mood for the game, I tried setting it up to the max and see the difference. All the horrible details that FROM doesn't want you to see magically show up.

Not sure how I feel with Durante's Post Processing though. I feel it crushes the blacks but caves and dark zones feel as dark as they should be.

wrongway

Pursuer
is kicking my ass. I'm certainly struggling with DS II early game more than Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls.

Cheap tactic:
When he readies his shield and charges you, parry him then run around and fire a ballista at him. It takes off like 90% of his health.
:O

If you want to do it the old fashioned way, I had a good time waiting for him to do his combo where he ends with that rising, whirling attack, then rolling behind and attacking. Just watch out for the combo that ends with the overhead attack -- he'll track you with it and murder you if you roll too early or not far enough. :<

oh yeah, you're right. i always vote them, it's an involuntary movement.

what's your build? you can try the ballista but that's no fun.

I picked Warrior. I'm using a +4 Bastard Sword, which I just have enough Strength and Dex to use. I'm still using the starter armor, not upgraded. I'm level 27 or 28. I'm guessing I'm already over leveled for the fight considering it's only the second boss I'm facing. He's pretty much chewing through my stamina when using a shield and I'm not all that comfortable roll dodging in this game yet.

Grief.exe

Feel sorry for Company of Heroes 2 and Red Orchestra 2. Free weekends during one of the biggest PC launches of the year.

I'm sure they are still plenty of people playing, but lower than the potential.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I'm finding
Huntsman Corpse
to be way harder than
No Man's Wharf or Lost Bastille / Sinner's Rise
ever were :/

The guys with the dark energy weapons are a pain (well not the whip ones, those are easy), and I got my ass handed to me by the invader npc

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
man I'm finding
Huntsman Corpse
to be way harder than

The guys with the dark energy weapons are a pain (well not the whip ones, those are easy), and I got my ass handed to me by the invader npc

I did it after Lost Bastille and it still felt pretty dangerous in parts. You can't rush into anything, that's for sure.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man..

Fuck Belfry Luna.

Also, this message brought to you by FrontStabs.

FrontStabs: They're not just for TF2 anymore.

where the hell can I find torches.

I just left the tutorial area :p

I found they're really hard to come by for maybe the first hour or two, then you get fucking millions of them

creyas

God damn the game is gorgeous.

Had to take a break though to setup a bit, DS4 is distracting me, swapping to a DS3. It's the Souls controller for me.

sixghost

I picked Warrior. I'm using a +4 Bastard Sword, which I just have enough Strength and Dex to use. I'm still using the starter armor, not upgraded. I'm level 27 or 28. I'm guessing I'm already over leveled for the fight considering it's only the second boss I'm facing. He's pretty much chewing through my stamina when using a shield and I'm not all that comfortable roll dodging in this game yet.

What is your ADP at? That fight is made much harder than it needs to be with low ADP. Anything around 10 or above makes it managable.

man I'm finding
Huntsman Corpse
to be way harder than

I somehow ended up doing
Huntsman's Copse
before I discovered either
Lost Bastille or No Man's Wharf
, and it seemed more forgiving overall. I died in the latter two areas but not in the first one. It's hard for me to tell, at times, which areas are supposed to be for later levels, but at least it seems that a freeform approach is viable.

Ilive1up

what's the deal with adaptability?

poise seems to be a pretty big deal. my guy stumbles back so much. worth putting it a few into that category for poise alone?

25 hours in making my way through Iron keep. Love everything about this game so far.

I was stubborn and didn't want to waste any upgrade materials so I made it this far with a fire sword. Finally got my black steel katana and man I am LOVING this thing. Had to kill about 100 knights to get one to drop.

AHA-Lambda

Probably a silly question, are the white sign soapstones single use items?

So if I get summoned and am successful in helping, I can return to humanity without using effigies?

Arkanius

Pretty disappointed with The Gutter area.
It looks amazing when you have the Torch on, but as soon you light a sconce and turn it off the dynamic lightning goes all to the shitter.

They should enable all flame sources to have dynamic lightning. It would do so much to the game.

I dare say the PC multilayer seems more active than PS3 at launch and I thought that was nuts. Running around the Forest and it is littered with summon signs and orange graffiti. So much fun.

For kicks and giggles. Go to a heavy traffic area and cast guidance.

Sullichin

There is something seriously wrong with their moveset. Man do I miss the days of Dragon Bone Smasher.

Speaking of the Greatsword, I just realized the 1H moveset is the horizontal sweeps. Yess. Almost at 28STR. It can be frustrating to use in PVP but I'm still pretty good with it. In PVE it's beastly. Once you have enough endurance for the 2HR2 combo to not be suicide, it's great on bosses.

And speaking of Dragon Bone Smasher, there's a certain weapon you might want to look into...

Garcia

I dare say the PC multilayer seems more active than PS3 at launch and I thought that was nuts. Running around the Forest and it is littered with summon signs and orange graffiti. So much fun.

Ya, I know right? Feels like a whole new game now. I spent 2 hours at
Huntsman's Copse
raiding my world and helping others. I need to reach the
Altar of the Sun
ASAP in order to collect
Sun Medals.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Oh yes, it's more active than Dark Souls PC launch too as far as I can tell. Blood stains everywhere, player ghosts everywhere, messages popping in in realtime. A wonderful sight to behold.

I'm sad I got scammed out of my game (And a bunch fo Dota2 keys), but I always have the first to finish, sad it's nowhere as active and the only invasions I get are the kind where they stomp your ass dead in 2 seconds.

mileS

"C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII" is the .sl2 file your save? just trying to make sure I back up the right file.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus christ this dark spirit is harder than any boss so far (for me), its ridiculous. Just keeps wailing on me like it has infinite stamina, I cant get an opening, and then eventually does a guard break and kills me

LTWheels

I've played 30+ hours on the console version and 8 on the PC.

Yet I can't do the follow up attack after a guard break. I just keep getting the normal attack.

I've tried pressing the button straight away, waiting, move forward then press, holding the stick, not holding the stick.

Can't figure it out :(

legacyzero

Banned
HECK YEAH

Just co-oped the Pursuer. One on the arrow gun, and me running hazard. He went down pretty quick. Just gotta get him into position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom