• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Man, it's awesome that signs actually work well in this game (as opposed to the Dark Souls port), just spent a good 40-50 minutes helping people defeat
The Last Giant
early in the game.

Also my sister took an odd interest in watching me play the game, I think she enjoys watching me die.

Sullichin

Have any Blue Sentinels managed to invade anyone so far? I have no trouble connecting to others via White Summon Stone, but I've been playing as a Blue for twenty hours or so and not once has the Guardian's Seal ring pulled me into someone's game, and every time I try to use a Cracked Blue Eye Orb the game tells me it can't find anyone.

Is nobody invading? My precious fantasies of being a righteous blue Batman!
Not really. They pretty much killed red invasions in NG because there's no infinite use red eyed orb, and there's no easy way to get unlimited cracked red orbs until NG+. So, the Blue Sentinel covenant ring is useless. Cracked blue orbs work very well in late game and NG+ though since killing NPCs also count as sin.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You can get the Tattered Cloth set (the pyromancer set from the first game) from those green monsters in No Man's Wharf.

It has loads of poison resistance

Goddamnit I had those but I wheeled and dealed them to Gavlan. I'm a but hole. Back to the wharf I go.

I was very pleased to discover that if you get as close to those monsters as possible, their one-hand swipe hitbox goes past you.

Tecl0n

Have any Blue Sentinels managed to invade anyone so far? I have no trouble connecting to others via White Summon Stone, but I've been playing as a Blue for twenty hours or so and not once has the Guardian's Seal ring pulled me into someone's game, and every time I try to use a Cracked Blue Eye Orb the game tells me it can't find anyone.

Is nobody sinning? My precious fantasies of being a righteous blue Batman!

Almost no invaders in NG for us to kill :( Come spar if you want to level the covenant.

Is nobody sinning? My precious fantasies of being a righteous blue Batman!

Unfortunately the game design limits red invasions early in NG and even until the end its scant so Blues are useless. Ng+ however... tons of sinners and more plentiful orbs.

Here is a before and after of the WickfutDarkSouls2ENB that was posted in 3200x1800.
darksoulsii2014-04-26vaku0.png
darksoulsii2014-04-26nakk5.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so is there anything to the sad-looking knights in white that sit on the ground besides being optional enemies?

Lots of detail on the armor seems to be lost.

BTW Anyone else getting horrible stutter using SLi? Nvidia has a profile but its performance is kinda shit in some areas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
interesting, this chest is in a dead end with no way to escape besides dying or using the thingie to go back to a bonfire, both options make me lose my souls... totally not worth it :/

its a chest in a poison cave undearneath the second bonfire in Huntsman Copse. I was trying to jump to the item body near it, missed, and then saw the cave, went in, got the item, fell to the water, got the chest, and now I cant get out :/

the chest only had a rapier too, which I hate

LTWheels

interesting, this chest is in a dead end with no way to escape besides dying or using the thingie to go back to a bonfire, both options make me lose my souls... totally not worth it :/

its a chest in a poison cave undearneath the second bonfire in Huntsman Copse. I was trying to jump to the item body near it, missed, and then saw the cave, went in, got the item, fell to the water, got the chest, and now I cant get out :/

secret door in that room

Sullichin

There's an illusory wall. You have to press the action button in front of it to move it.

I'm warming up to some of the changes from DkS1, but this durability thing is just fucking annoying for me.. .ugh.

Just rest at bonfires more to replenish them. Personally I don't like the change of having stuff fix itself automatically at bonfires but after a while you get used to just checkpointing now and then so to speak

moop1167

Christ, I can tell there are a bunch of people playing this game for the first time haha. I tried laying my sign down 8-9 times last night for
Smelter Demon
and the hosts all got destroyed. He's really easy once you figure out his moveset.

UrbanRats

You do have 3 weapon slots for each hand. The game encourages you to have multiple weapons equipped for different situations.

Eh, if i needed 3 different weapons for different situations, i'd use them without them forcing me to, i like exploring that sort of stuff by myself.

I'm sure they had a reason to do this, so far i'm not convinced, though.

The rest of the game i'm enjoying though.

Just rest at bonfires more to replenish them. Personally I don't like the change of having stuff fix itself automatically at bonfires but after a while you get used to just checkpointing now and then so to speak

Sometimes after an unsuccessful coop I forget to hit the bonfire for a refresh and end up at the boss and surprise, your weapon broke. Fuck. Gotta stop doing that.

So...I just realized that you can raise all the outer platforms rings before you fight the D
ragonrider
... Welp. I only died because I'd fall off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's an illusory wall. You have to press the action button in front of it to move it.
secret door in that room

yeah I found out shortly after lol. and it linked to a zone I missed earlier too, I should have known a Souls game wouldnt do something like that, everything is connected :)

Sometimes after an unsuccessful coop I forget to hit the bonfire for a refresh and end up at the boss and surprise, your weapon broke. Fuck. Gotta stop doing that.

I was doing the same thing when the console version came out. Kept letting my shit break cos I'd just respawn at a bonfire and carry on again without sitting down.

It's such a needless thing to have though that adds to the tedium of the game. Like warping back to Majula every time to level up, it's time wasted

Well true, but everyone seems to like to run under him when he does his jump attack.

It happens. I've summoned people who always fall off bloody cliffs or edges all the time. I'm sitting there like "really?"

Christ, I can tell there are a bunch of people playing this game for the first time haha. I tried laying my sign down 8-9 times last night for
Smelter Demon
and the hosts all got destroyed. He's really easy once you figure out his moveset.

Most folks don't have the sense to manage their stamina and limit their attacks. That boss will only frustrate you if you are farming Sun Medals since hosts needing help for that fight are hoping to use you as a crutch but still can't save themselves.

Rhaknar

wtf, there was a red summon sign right outside a bonfire, what was that? it said if I wanted to summon the dark spirit, but then it disapeared before I could do it :(

edit: its back, and its a different spirit... what the fuck is this? are they players?

wtf, there was a red summon sign right outside a bonfire, what was that? it said if I wanted to summon the dark spirit, but then it disapeared before I could do it :(

edit: its back, and its a different spirit... what the fuck is this? are they players?

summon one of them

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Official Statements:
Bandai Namco Games Community Team: "A fix is being worked on and will come in the form of a patch. We're hoping to deploy in the next few days. We'll make an announcement once it is available. Thank you very much for hanging in there and apologies for the delay."

this is for crashing on startup thats great and really quick

Official Statements:
Bandai Namco Games Community Team: "A fix is being worked on and will come in the form of a patch. We're hoping to deploy in the next few days. We'll make an announcement once it is available. Thank you very much for hanging in there and apologies for the delay."

this is for crashing on startup thats great and really quick

If it was quick there'd be a patch out by now. Or it'd be fixed on release like it should be. Likely we'll get a patch a month from now or some shit.

Sanctuary

So how do you get Autohidemousecursor to actually hide the pointer at all times? Mine only allows me to hide it after two seconds, which is about as long as I am in a menu anyway, and it's pretty annoying. No idea why From didn't think this was going to be an issue.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It seems like enemies stop respawning if you've killed them too many times. What's up with that? Don't tell me they're finite.

They are, until you burn a bonfire ascetic. That brings them back, but at NG+ difficulty. Beware though, because this carries over for every run you make. So in NG+, those enemies will be NG++ difficulty etc.

Sullichin

It seems like enemies stop respawning if you've killed them too many times. What's up with that? Don't tell me they're finite.

Yeah, almost all enemies are on a counter and you can clear out entire areas if you die enough.

Burning a bonfire ascetic
will bring them back / reset their counter, but the enemies in the area will be in the next NG difficulty, and this difficulty persists when you go into NG+. Items (except those in iron chests) and bosses also respawn.

The DOF on those ENB shots is ridiculous. Is it a POV thing where it auto adjusts like Skyrim and people did it for the shots or is it really that blurry so close to the character all the time?

Also searching Dark Souls 2 ENB is annoying because of epicnamebro lol

They are, until you burn a bonfire ascetic. That brings them back, but at NG+ difficulty. Beware though, because this carries over for every run you make. So in NG+, those enemies will be NG++ difficulty etc.

When they come back, do they continue to repspawn or are they just there for another X amount of kills? And how do I get these?

Prodigal

Banned
I have this status effect after making a new character and I have no idea what it is. The symbol is a shield with a red box around it. Never seen it before!

Grief.exe

Going to experiment with some interesting resolutions since my system is getting on in years.

• 2304*1296 = 2.99*10^6 pixels (30% more pixels than 1080p)
  • 2560*1440 = 3.69*10^6 pixels (44% more pixels than 1080p)
  • 1920*1080 = 2.07*10^6 pixels

For 16:9 resolutions you divide your width by 1.777778 to get your height, then round up. I generally look for something that has very little rounding.

2304/1.777778 = 1295.999838

Sullichin

The DOF on those ENB shots is ridiculous. Is it a POV thing where it auto adjusts like Skyrim and people did it for the shots or is it really that blurry so close to the character all the time?

Also searching Dark Souls 2 ENB is annoying because of epicnamebro lol

I haven't seen a single SweetFX/ENB/other post processed shot of DS2 that looks right. It's awesome that this stuff exists and it's only going to get better, but the vanilla game looks and runs great so I don't think I'll be using them any time soon. I'll resume downsampling though as soon as I can run GeDoSaTo without alt+tab/minimize/steam overlay breaking things though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom